Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. - Foreign Affairs (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. (62264 Views)

African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Patchesagain: 10:43am On May 28, 2018
Covert1:

Good men died because of bad leadership due to the ill military education of your top military brass political appointees. So I won't indulge your inanities for the sake of their honor.

Professionals honor their peers regardless of allegiance something I'm sure you know nothing about. But hope I helped educate you.

But if you must have the last word as always being the kid you are who always end up running for the shades and mod(s) breathless despite being often placated not to sup then tell yourself what you like to hear as usual.

The facts have been established in Bangui.

post the source of the quote augustine

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Jkay187(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2018
"Who has the best military in AFRICA" 2.0 continues.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
ssaengine:

This is it true. Take for example one of their most recent displays of incompetence, which unfortunately resulted in a loss of life. I can't even begin to imagine what he would have said if those were SAAF aircraft that collided. I don't recall anyone who even brought up the word incompetent, when the video clearly demonstrated what is was for all to see.

Every couple months you read of Nigerian soldiers getting killed in groups of 5,6,9,11,13 or more. But we don't come running to post here to get a reaction. I will keep saying this over and over again, Henry grew up getting way too much attention. You can hear it in the way he thinks his opinion is that of the god's. But anyways, moving on.
Dude, the South-African Air Force would kill to fly the number of hours the Nigerian Air Force flies a year. The Nigerian Air Force as a service has flown more than 7,000 combat sorties in the last 12 months alone.

Haven't SAAF C-130 gone into obsolescence? With only 2 units of 6 available for operations?

The incident with the F-7s was an accident, well acceptable with operationally acceptable standards.

Nigerian army soldiers getting killed or ambushed? undecided undecided

Let me think............. I kind of remember the northeast being an active theater of operations. Actual combat is something the SANDF knows nothing about. You got totally decimated in the CAR.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
I think war is about to start here..

Let me observe in 3d before getting hit with stray bullets cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
Hajime ! grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2018
jln115:

Also Ratel upgrade in the early 2000s(can't remember the project name),Project Atolasa: Olifant upgrade, Project Drummer: Oryx upgrade.
No sir.

Only a couple units of Puma helicopters received that upgrade.

Evidence of Significant Rarely upgrade, and what was upgraded?

Your Olifant upgrade has been debunked multiple times, won't be going back there.

Badger IFV, is almost 10 years late. Not a single badger has entered military units.

What evidence of significant army purchase?

Almost all your armoured vehicles, Rates Casspir, MRLS, Trucks are from the apartheid era.

So what significant purchase has been made?
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 18, 2018
Henry240:

No sir.

Your Olifant upgrade has been debunked multiple times, won't be going back there.

Badger IFV, is almost 10 years late. Not a single badger has entered military units.

Almost all your armoured vehicles, Rates Casspir, MRLS, Trucks are from the apartheid era.

Oryx not puma..... And all 39 operational Oryx received project drummer 2 upgrade.

How has it been debunked? 26 mk1bs were upgraded to mk2? And there are over a 150 mk1bs which were upgraded from mk1a in the mid 90s.

And? Casspir is still in production and used by countries all over the world.

Mamba is still in production and used by countries all over the world
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by ssaengine: 1:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
Henry240:

Dude, the South-African Air Force would kill to fly the number of hours the Nigerian Air Force flies a year. The Nigerian Air Force as a service has flown more than 7,000 combat sorties in the last 12 months alone.

Haven't SAAF C-130 gone into obsolescence? With only 2 units of 6 available for operations?

The incident with the F-7s was an accident, well acceptable with operationally acceptable standards.

Let me think............. I kind of remember the northeast being an active theater of operations. Actual combat is something the SANDF knows nothing about. You got totally decimated in the CAR.

Please don't mix and match "military words" you've learnt throughout the years, just to pretend you have some type of point. The F7 incident did not happen during any type of combat or operational flying. It was straight and level display flying. So you can go throw your "operationally acceptable standards" right in the dustbin.

It was simply the incompetent of one or more of those pilots that lead to the accident. Watch the video. End of story.

And before you even waste your time saying how similar mid-air collisions have occurred in other air forces....they were not performing any type of acrobatics or risky flying. Just straight and level incompetence.

If your soldiers consistently get killed in groups of 5-15 (or even more) during ambushes. Then maybe your troops need to stop wasting their time taking pics for Instagram, and rather focus on counter-ambush drills.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by ssaengine: 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2018
Henry240:

No sir.

Badger is not 10 years late. It was never meant to enter service in 2007/2008. Badger is 36 months (3 years) behind schedule.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
MiddleDimension:
i would like to hear,a non Nigerian perspective on war against Boko Haram

Well even if i know nothing about the reality of nigeria compared to any nigerian , but for a non nigerian perspective , from what i heared , read about the situation . i can say there is some points that i dont understand.

- one and most important point , the economic situation of nigeria , budgets , knowing that nigeria have the first GDP in africa , i can't understand why the income from export and budgets (military budget too) are so small . i know gdp and incomes are very differents in economy but the military budget should be 10 times bigger , i dont understand how can nigeria still waiting for 3 little pakistanese JF-17 or few tucanos for yeeears ! when mali, burkinafaso mauritania and others get them easily . nigeria with its oil exports should be able to make contracts of billions dollars to equips its army . so for my perspective i m saying to myself : where the money of oil and other exportation is going !

Also in economics problems , devloppment of the north , many join terrorist groups because they are jobless , because teerorism give them money , because there is no development in there regions ( many regions are not rich like lagos and dont have terrorism i know) but for a foreign persepctive i have an image of poor abandoned north regions by nigeria leaders . if i want to exagerrate its like a boko haram robin hood group defending there poor region . i have to much exagerated . yes

Second point . the communication : for poeple who dont read about nigerian situation from nigerian sources, this war could give them a picture of north muslims VS south christians ! I know that isnt correct but thats a pic presented in many foreigner medias .

also pictures and videos of nigerian army in the north . pics and news of civilian killed unarmed , seen many here , picture of a desorganised army killing wild protected animals to eat them , not wearing the same standard clothes for some pics , like an unprofesionnal militia . children women gathered and houses burned (I know it's the terrorists camps in the simbasa forest burned ) but many foreigners media stop only on the pics not the context . video of soldiers parading with the bodies of terrorists or complaining of lack of equipments . or even taking badass selfis and sharing them on social networks. taking pictures in a war zone and sharing them normally its directly military court. The Nigerian army must control more the communication and control the images that come out .. sometimes I find even video and terrorists communication more professional than that of the army . in algeria even if it was close to dictators rules all medias was under control many algerian army lost was silenced , no one hear about them , no one speak about them . terrorist succes were erased . very few terrorist pics videos propaganda have reached out .

Also in communication i have the feeling that most populations of these regions hate the army and work with boko haram . the army should communicate more about happy civilians being free from boko haram rule , in algeria it was the same in some small regions , the army was not welcomed , they cant stay for long . but the inteligence services and communication work to discredit terrorists , showing there atrocity and crimes to local population , secret service infiitrat these terrorist groups , there is even unfounded reports that there was crimes done by infiltrated secret service agents with terrorists , a dirty work to discredit the terrorists in these regions . ( again not founded rumors) . so nigerian army should work more to take away the support of part of the local population from boko haram in these regions .

And when dicrediting terrorist , the state should encourage its soldiers and army , read here some saying , yeh if i was a soldier i will not run and be happy to die in the hand of terrorists , even if i lack of arms and support . thats not true . im in the army for close to a year now , and no one could be happy to die like a dog in face of rag tag small militia terrorists , when you are in a regular army for a big country like nigeria knowing that some spend billions in parties and for luxury stuff , you expect more from your army, your learders and citizens . if it was against a big power army like a US army invasion diying with only a stike in hands is acceptable for a soldier to defend its country but against small terrorists groups in a far land with no proper equipments and support no one will throw his life and futur of his family . so i see also a lack of citizens support to the brave men and women who fight with no equipments and support needed with there life on the line .

Hope my opinion wouldnt be taken bad , i follow nigerian army infos for years and i I have developed an attachment to this army, and I am just as angry as if i were a nigerian at the current sitiation and bad news that im reading recently

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MiddleDimension: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
Algerian1:

Well even if i know nothing about the reality of nigeria compared to any nigerian , but for a non nigerian perspective , from what i heared , read about the situation . i can say there is some points that i dont understand.

- one and most important point , the economic situation of nigeria , budgets , knowing that nigeria have the first GDP in africa , i can't understand why the income from export and budgets (military budget too) are so small . i know gdp and incomes are very differents in economy but the military budget should be 10 times bigger , i dont understand how can nigeria still waiting for 3 little pakistanese JF-17 or few tucanos for yeeears ! when mali, burkinafaso mauritania and others get them easily . nigeria with its oil exports should be able to make contracts of billions dollars to equips its army . so for my perspective i m saying to myself : where the money of oil and other exportation is going !

Also in economics problems , devloppment of the north , many join terrorist groups because they are jobless , because teerorism give them money , because there is no development in there regions ( many regions are not rich like lagos and dont have terrorism i know) but for a foreign persepctive i have an image of poor abandoned north regions by nigeria leaders . if i want to exagerrate its like a boko haram robin hood group defending there poor region . i have to much exagerated . yes

Second point . the communication : for poeple who dont read about nigerian situation from nigerian sources, this war could give them a picture of north muslims VS south christians ! I know that isnt correct but thats a pic presented in many foreigner medias .

also pictures and videos of nigerian army in the north . pics and news of civilian killed unarmed , seen many here , picture of a desorganised army killing wild protected animals to eat them , not wearing the same standard clothes for some pics , like an unprofesionnal militia . children women gathered and houses burned (I know it's the terrorists camps in the simbasa forest burned ) but many foreigners media stop only on the pics not the context . video of soldiers parading with the bodies of terrorists or complaining of lack of equipments . or even taking badass selfis and sharing them on social networks. taking pictures in a war zone and sharing them normally its directly military court. The Nigerian army must control more the communication and control the images that come out .. sometimes I find even video and terrorists communication more professional than that of the army . in algeria even if it was close to dictators rules all medias was under control many algerian army lost was silenced , no one hear about them , no one speak about them . terrorist succes were erased . very few terrorist pics videos propaganda have reached out .

Also in communication i have the feeling that most populations of these regions hate the army and work with boko haram . the army should communicate more about happy civilians being free from boko haram rule , in algeria it was the same in some small regions , the army was not welcomed , they cant stay for long . but the inteligence services and communication work to discredit terrorists , showing there atrocity and crimes to local population , secret service infiitrat these terrorist groups , there is even unfounded reports that there was crimes done by infiltrated secret service agents with terrorists , a dirty work to discredit the terrorists in these regions . ( again not founded rumors) . so nigerian army should work more to take away the support of part of the local population from boko haram in these regions .

And when dicrediting terrorist , the state should encourage its soldiers and army , read here some saying , yeh if i was a soldier i will not run and be happy to die in the hand of terrorists , even if i lack of arms and support . thats not true . im in the army for close to a year now , and no one could be happy to die like a dog in face of rag tag small militia terrorists , when you are in a regular army for a big country like nigeria knowing that some spend billions in parties and for luxury stuff , you expect more from your army, your learders and citizens . if it was against a big power army like a US army invasion diying with only a stike in hands is acceptable for a soldier to defend its country but against small terrorists groups in a far land with no proper equipments and support no one will throw his life and futur of his family . so i see also a lack of citizens support to the brave men and women who fight with no equipments and support needed with there life on the line .

Hope my opinion wouldnt be taken bad , i follow nigerian army infos for years and i I have developed an attachment to this army, and I am just as angry as if i were a nigerian at the current sitiation and bad news that im reading recently

you have spoken very well.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Geronimoe: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
People sometimes think that Nigeria is a rich country, they all quote her GDP as the biggest in Africa but forget that her per capita income and it's foreign reserve are poor compared to her population. How will you expect to use 10 billion out of your 40 billion foreign reserve for military equipment, that's bad economics,there are order sectors that are in urgent need of serious attention too. Algeria used to have fully armed Libya to its right and also morrocco to it's left. I don't think we have those kind of countries bordering us. The problem with Nigeria is absolute corruption that even the small amount budgeted for the military is stolen,this has translated to obsolete equipments and indiscipline.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
Algerian1:

Very nice. Thanks Algerian1 smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 11:00am On May 15, 2019
lionel4power:

Israel won't use weapons that they don't technically have.

Besides warfare isn't just about weapon A vs weapon B. A lot of factors and variables come into play... Including those beyond human control.

Another thing that poeple dont take in compt

Check the pic 1 and 2 . a 5 megatons nuke bomb simulation on israel and the same bomb 5 megaton on egypt . you can see that you can nuke all israel territory with only 3 bombs . in the another side you need a looot nukes to erase all egyptian cities not to talk about all israel enemies cities , israel will at best use nukes as last punishement before they lose on some big cities if there missile are not.intercepted . and even if israel secure a temporary win with that . what do you think will happen after israel will nuke millions of civilan egyptian ? No one will stop most middle east countries to get therr nukes . they all will restart there frozen nuclear programs (according to western reports current ain oussara algerian nuclear civil reserach reactor can produce enough plutonium to produce one nuke bomb per year) , or even bought some from allies (north korea , pakistan, china .. ) with billions , thats its if some dont have some small nuke bombs in secret . so it will not take more than one year or two for some countries and israel will get the same punishement and it will take only 3 bombs to transform to erase all its population and irradiate the land for thousands years . so they will lose also in the end and will lose more than if they lost in conventional war . no possibility to cohabit with Palestinians in the futur or to return after in few small non irradiate land .

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2019
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2019
Algerian1:

Seriously grin

I deleted mine as I thought u deleted urs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
nemesis8u:

Seriously grin

I deleted mine as I thought u deleted urs

Yeah i sent the post by error on the pic video thread . sorry .
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Vikkie14: 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2019
Been a while.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by mysticwarrior(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2019

In CAR it was reported of how South African soldiers fled from the battle without putting up any fierce resistance, they are nothing but cowards what a shame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Israel Destroys 13-Storey Building In Gaza (Photos, Video) / Wagner Group Boss Prigozhin Appears In New Video, Says I'm Not Dead (Video) / Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.