Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Girls, Can You Date A Driver? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls, Can You Date A Driver? (1583 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
So, that's the question for the ladies...Can you date a driver? I worked for a while after graduating, but stopped to run my own thing. A couple of months ago, everything crashed. Every effort to revive it was futile, and things even got worse. So, I sat back, and thought of what I could do to make some daily money. Long story short, I met up with a friend of mine who advised me to go into the car hire service business. To test how serious I was on making cash, he gave me the keys to his second car (a Kia Picanto) right there in his house, and asked me to start immediately, and learn as I go.

That was on Tuesday. So, having been into the advertising business for years, I set up an online campaign for my new business. I got a call this morning from a girl who needed to get to the airport. We negotiated, and I went off to pick her up. Before now, I had been so broke that I couldn't eat for some days, and that hunger had wiped off all the element of shame that might come up thinking of doing a business like this. But, when I got to the girl's house, I was ashamed for a few seconds while picking up her bags. embarassed Anyway, that didn't last long, as I saw this as a service I was rendering, and the cash was good.

It was just her and me in the car, and after a while she asked for my name, and asked if I had a card. I told her my name, and said my card wasn't ready. She kept staring at me, and then she asked for my number, and said she would like to use me when she got back to Lagos from Abuja on Sunday. I called my number, and then there was silence again. Then she complimented me on my taste in music (I was playing a mixed CD i made myself), and then we just started talking about music and entertainment (for about 30 minutes while going through the traffic along Abeokuta Express way...Mongoro/Cement), and then...she said. "My sister is actually having her birthday party on Sunday...I would love if you would be there." So I asked if she wanted me to come and drop some people off after the party, and she said, "No, I am inviting you for the party." Just then, I drove up to MM2, and she she had to drop. She smiled at me through the rare-view mirror and and made the "call" sign with her fingers as she dropped from the Kia.

I kind of found it hard that this girl from an obviously very rich background (judging from the house I picked her up from) wanted to have a "driver" friend. It was like a scene out of those Nollywood movies I seem to detest. grin So, ladies, can you date a driver?
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Q 4 d girls
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Merlissa(f): 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Can You Date a Pepper Seller??
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Merlissa:

lol! You are funny.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Merlissa(f): 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
kay29000:

lol! You are funny.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
Merlissa:

Is that your answer to his question ?

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Merlissa(f): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Is that your answer to his question ?

No Sir! Abeg no vex..

Nah question I asked *Puppy Doll eyes*
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Merlissa:

No Sir! Abeg no vex..

Nah question I asked *Puppy Doll eyes*

Oya answer the question *hiding a cane behind my back*

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Merlissa(f): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Oya answer the question *hiding a cane behind my back*

Yes Sir

He will not remain a driver for long!

3 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by RichDad1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
See question? Driver no dey marry before?
Back to your story, I've seen it happened before. Bros, this might be the breakthrough you've been waiting for.
I have a friend with the same story and niccur is now a very BIG boy on the island married to her once upon a time passenger.
But remember, not all that glitter is gold. I wish you all the best. coolcool

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Tallesty1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
I don't know about others.

But I personally don't care about what 'em ladies think when I'm doing something that brings in money.

Because thesame ladies will make life unbearable for you when you are broke.

Prostitutes don't give a fvck when they are on strike.

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by izaray(f): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
They are also human 4 God sake!

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
I don't know about others.

But I personally don't care about what 'em ladies think when I'm doing something that brings in money.

Because thesame ladies will make life unbearable for you when you are broke.

Prostitutes don't give a fvck when they are on strike.

Word!!!
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
izaray:
They are also human 4 God sake!

Very true. But you know how Nigerian ladies can be.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by izaray(f): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
kay29000:

Very true. But you know how Nigerian ladies can be.
Yeah, i understand, but sometimes,

they even make good husbands, more than d non drivers, some 4rm driving,

they get to a better position!

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Girls that always snap pictures sitting in the front seat(different cars) with the seat belt crossed wouldn't mind gringrin . Once the car has a belt

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
click2cbn:
Girls that always snap pictures sitting in the front seat(different cars) with the seat belt crossed wouldn't mind gringrin . Once the car has a belt

lol!
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by izaray(f): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
click2cbn:
Dat was funny!
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
kay29000:
So, that's the question for the ladies...Can you date a driver? I worked for a while after graduating, but stopped to run my own thing. A couple of months ago, everything crashed. Every effort to revive it was futile, and things even got worse. So, I sat back, and thought of what I could do to make some daily money. Long story short, I met up with a friend of mine who advised me to go into the car hire service business. To test how serious I was on making cash, he gave me the keys to his second car (a Kia Picanto) right there in his house, and asked me to start immediately, and learn as I go.

That was on Tuesday. So, having been into the advertising business for years, I set up an online campaign for my new business. I got a call this morning from a girl who needed to get to the airport. We negotiated, and I went off to pick her up. Before now, I had been so broke that I couldn't eat for some days, and that hunger had wiped off all the element of shame that might come up thinking of doing a business like this. But, when I got to the girl's house, I was ashamed for a few seconds while picking up her bags. embarassed Anyway, that didn't last long, as I saw this as a service I was rendering, and the cash was good.

It was just her and me in the car, and after a while she asked for my name, and asked if I had a card. I told her my name, and said my card wasn't ready. She kept staring at me, and then she asked for my number, and said she would like to use me when she got back to Lagos from Abuja on Sunday. I called my number, and then there was silence again. Then she complimented me on my taste in music (I was playing a mixed CD i made myself), and then we just started talking about music and entertainment (for about 30 minutes while going through the traffic along Abeokuta Express way...Mongoro/Cement), and then...she said. "My sister is actually having her birthday party on Sunday...I would love if you would be there." So I asked if she wanted me to come and drop some people off after the party, and she said, "No, I am inviting you for the party." Just then, I drove up to MM2, and she she had to drop. She smiled at me through the rare-view mirror and and made the "call" sign with her fingers as she dropped from the Kia.

I kind of found it hard that this girl from an obviously very rich background (judging from the house I picked her up from) wanted to have a "driver" friend. It was like a scene out of those Nollywood movies I seem to detest. grin So, ladies, can you date a driver?

Maybe God wants to lift you up,through her...I advice you be upright &truthful to her¿
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by DECOtech(m): 1:24am On Dec 11, 2014
Merlissa:

Is she anything less than a woman?

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by ovalrose(f): 7:13am On Dec 11, 2014
If people were to judge themselves based on what they do for a living,there would be chaos all around. In Nigeria,its all about survival,not luxury. and by the way,character is what we ll live with,not his profession.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by rutibaby(f): 7:50am On Dec 11, 2014
Unless it's God's will. There must be a Change of profession after prayers.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 11, 2014
I guess she perceived humility (which is a very rare virtue for guys). So she saw beyond ur bein a driver. She sensed dat u're educated and money is not her worry so she aint lookin for a money bag.
Now to answer ur question, i can date a driver if he's educated and only doin it cos of 'condition'.

2 Likes

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2014
veegirl:
I guess she perceived humility (which is a very rare virtue for guys). So she saw beyond ur bein a driver. She sensed dat u're educated and money is not her worry so she aint lookin for a money bag.
Now to answer ur question, i can date a driver if he's educated and only doin it cos of 'condition'.

That's great.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2014
rutibaby:
Unless it's God's will. There must be a Change of profession after prayers.

How will you know it is "God's will?"
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2014
ovalrose:
If people were to judge themselves based on what they do for a living,there would be chaos all around. In Nigeria,its all about survival,not luxury. and by the way,character is what we ll live with,not his profession.

That's very true.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by edimolu(m): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kay29000

Good evening bro, trust you're good. Asked some members in the telegram group for a nympho who stays in ibadan. And a member recommended one you had once talked about in the beer parlour thread a long time ago.

I'm not sure if you'd still have her number or would be willing to share? You can be rest assured of me being discreet. Thanks, I do hope to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by jerryforgood: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2022
Let them be deceiving themselves with an imaginary rich guy somewhere in this poverty-stricken Nigeria.

Most of them would remain an hookup material till age will go by.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by kay29000(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2022
edimolu:
Kay29000

Good evening bro, trust you're good. Asked some members in the telegram group for a nympho who stays in ibadan. And a member recommended one you had once talked about in the beer parlour thread a long time ago.

I'm not sure if you'd still have her number or would be willing to share? You can be rest assured of me being discreet. Thanks, I do hope to hear from you.

How u dey bro. I no longer have the girl's number. My phone got stolen sometime in 2020, and I lost a lot of contacts.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by ojuu4u(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
If you dnt discard the mentality of belittling urself, most especially going to relationship with a woman, you will leave a bitter life through out ur life.

So many jobless guys dating and still controlling girls working in banks, multinational , big business not to talk of u who is doing ur legitimate work.

I'm very sure, if u married her, you still be the one to Carter for significant areas of need in the family. With that notion on ur head, dnt be inferior before woman.
Re: Girls, Can You Date A Driver? by edimolu(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2022
kay29000:

How u dey bro. I no longer have the girl's number. My phone got stolen sometime in 2020, and I lost a lot of contacts.

Eh God, too bad and sorry bou that.... I'm good bro

Thanks for your time, do take care.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Heart Broken! Advice This Guy / Ladies Is This Stupidity Or Love And Can You Do Such / If You Want To Look Like A Virgin,try This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.