Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC (803 Views)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Kebbi Assembly Members Impeach Speaker And Deputy Speaker / 5000 PDP Members Including 7 House Of Assembly Members Dump PDP For APC In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC by fkaz(m): 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
Two members of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Hon. Olugbenga Edema(Ilaje Constituency 2) and Hon. Folajimi Olaseinde-Vincent(Ose Constituency) on Thursday formally defected from the Labour Party to the All Progressives Congress.
The lawmakers made their declaration at a ceremony hosted by the Ondo State branch of the APC in Akure.

Hon. Edema, who was the only lawmaker who did not dump the Labour Party for the People’s Democratic Party along with other members of the House on the 8th of October 2014, said he was leaving the party because the LP no longer exists in the state.
He said he delayed his decision to move from the LP party because he decided to make some consultations with his people and the result of the consultation was his decision to move to the APC.

“I considered the option of going to the PDP like my colleagues but I soon discovered that the PDP in Ondo State is even more fragmented than the Labour Party from which I was coming.

“Apart from the presence of two separate state secretariats which is symptomatic of internal wrangling within the party, series of litigations, open condemnations in the media have now become the order of the day.

“Would it not be jumping from frying pan into fire? Certainly, you will agree with me that it is going to he a Herculean task for any Labour Party member migrating into the PDP to accomplish any political success in the PDP as it is presently constituted,” he said.
Hon. Olaseinde-Vincent on her part, said she was walking to freedom in her political experience as a member of the Ondo State House of Assembly.

Although she had earlier signed to decamp to the PDP with her colleagues, she had found it necessary to free herself of the problems and travails that had trailed her since she was elected as member representing Ose at the house.

She recounted her ordeal of suspension and said she was no longer intimidated or afraid having been pushed to the limits.
She said, “I did not leave Labour Party, Labour Party has left my consciousness. I am now free.”

Asked if she was not worried if she would be victimized for her action by the majority party in the house, she replied that she had suffered persecutions already and she was familiar with such intimidation.

“I will not be intimidated, I will not be bullied. I will not be pushed to the wall. Already I have been pushed to the wall, but today, I am free,” she said.

Chairman of Ondo APC, Isaac Kekemeke, who received the defecting members, said more members would soon abandon PDP for the APC.
He said, “More people would soon be joining to effect the needed change in the state.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ondo-assembly-members-dump-labour-party-for-apc/
Re: Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
More soon to join......
Re: Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC by raumdeuter: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
Labour Party is dead in Ondo since the governor already decamped

I am sure all those who championed Labour in Ondo must be regretting now, They have to go queue behind in PDP or APC now
Re: Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC by Toyozzie(f): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
shocked
Re: Ondo Assembly Members Dump Labour Party For APC by fkaz(m): 3:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Mimiko just want to cause problem for PDP in ondo state

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Finally Declares Interest To Contest In 2015 / WICKED! Man Smashes Wife's Head With Pestle, Dumps Lifeless Body At Riverside / Who And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.