Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] (7807 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2014
oweniwe:
eyop: come down as in?
Lomomike understood my message sir cheesy
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2014
Eyop:

Lomomike understood my message sir cheesy

Zooms off with my RX330. tongue
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by jodeci01: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
yungboss:

they should tell me where they are located and I will enlighten them okay!

Surelere, Ikeja and Lekki axis
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by danadam(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
oweniwe:

who told you that??

A mercedez benz c320 engine cost about 80k. How is that expensive?

I dont know about bmw but mercedes and audi parts arent expensive as people assume them to be.

and that engine will outlive the average lifespan of a japmobile engine especially when it's well taken care of.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2014
oweniwe:

shey google don die ni? undecided

(
At times, google doesn't provide all the information u need about a particular thing. U for no go school na...just sit down for house dey google questions and answers
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by oweniwe(m): 8:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Kanyol:

At times, google doesn't provide all the information u need about a particular thing. U for no go school na...just sit down for house dey google questions and answers

there is something called keyword sir smiley
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by ani1offiong(m): 3:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Plz
What the different in engine between c class 230 year 2000, and e-200 year 2000 Benz? And their fuel economy? Thanks
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Export1: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs 2014 BMW 5-Series
Turbocharged, 3.5-liter, V-6 Engine Turbocharged, 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder
302 Horsepower 240S
21/30* Fuel Economy 24/34*
Yes Hybrid Version No
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Export1:
2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs 2014 BMW 5-Series
Turbocharged, 3.5-liter, V-6 Engine Turbocharged, 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder
302 Horsepower 240S
21/30* Fuel Economy 24/34*
Yes Hybrid Version No

This copy and paste of your makes no sense.

It's best to understand EXACTLY what you're trying to get across, that way you can post it in YOUR own words, and be understood.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by auhanson(m): 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
My favourite brand is MB. Reason: perfect handling, comfort, durability and standard/quality components and performance.
Secondary, for me, it's the cheapest car to maintain and manage(I can run 2 Benz(s) for a whole year even while i'm broke.). It can be 100 percent DIY, my greatest joy. And, it can travel to moon and back in an endurance trek. There is always room for modifications. Almost every parts(quality spares) of Benz could be bought in the after market at the cheapest possible price, including the engine that you may never replace throughout her lifespan if well taken care of in the least possible manner.

The only issues of wiring and circuitry, if forearmed(just acquire the proper knowledge) could easily be taken care of at no cost, i mean it in the real sense of the word, at no cost. Unfortunately , this is where people think MB is usually too expensive, but its a fallacy. Its not a car for lazy careless people.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Export1: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Some interesting information!

Audis cost more to maintain.
Audi consistently came out on top, an at average 31% higher than for Mercedes maintenance and repairs.
BMW sat a little above Mercedes, but still 19% below Audi.
And Audi's high prices don't end there.

The younger the car the pricier the Audi repair
Sep 15, 2014 08:00
ADVERTORIAL BY DAILYRECORD.CO.UK
Garage comparison site WhoCanFixMyCar.com are putting the big 3 German brands head-to-head: BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz - but, who will come top?

11 Shares
Tweet
+1
Email
The pricey Audi TT 2014 in blue
Car servicing comparison site WhoCanFixMyCar.com work with almost 5,000 garages nationwide, helping around 4,000 drivers repair and maintain their pride and joy every month.

As a result, they've seen all sorts of makes and models with a wide variety of required work - from KIA key cutting to Aston Martin accident repairs and everything in between.

In fact, they've seen 44,000 repairs and counting, to be precise.

WCFMC have plenty of research on car manufacturers, servicing, garages and big brands.

In the first of a regular series of ‘big data’ insights, they're putting the big three German premium brands head-to-head: BMW vs Audi vs Mercedes-Benz.

Here's what they found.

1. Audis cost more to maintain
BMW i3: Green car of the yearCheap to run and eco-friendly too: the BMW i3 won Green car of the year 2014
We compared the quotes received for comparable repair types across these three brands.

The result? Audi consistently came out on top, an at average 31% higher than for Mercedes maintenance and repairs.

2. It's a consistent trend across the volume models
Whether it’s an A3, an A4 or an A6, average repair estimates on an Audi remained highest - with the largest difference (+45%) apparent when comparing C-Class and A4 repair quotes.

3. Complex repair work causes Audi bills to rack up
When it comes to simple work - routine servicing, or wear parts such as brakes and exhausts - estimates across all three brands are comparable.

The biggest variation occurs when comparing transmission.

Cambelt changes also showed the same trend, as well as requests for ‘Engine Parts’ - a broad category of repairs typically requiring more ‘involved’ work.

Mercedes-Benz C 300The older the Mercedes the higher the maintenance costs
Mercedes cars 'go on for longer', with repairs most likely in 11-year-old cars.

Conversely, the majority of Audi repairs take place when the cars are 5-10 years old, with BMW somewhere in between.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by yungboss(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
Export1:
Some interesting information!

Audis cost more to maintain.
Audi consistently came out on top, an at average 31% higher than for Mercedes maintenance and repairs.

Sep 15, 2014 08:00
ADVERTORIAL BY DAILYRECORD.CO.UK
Garage comparison site WhoCanFixMyCar.com are putting the big 3 German brands head-to-head: BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz - but, who will come top?

11 Shares
Tweet
+1
Email
The pricey Audi TT 2014 in blue
Car servicing comparison site WhoCanFixMyCar.com work with almost 5,000 garages nationwide, helping around 4,000 drivers repair and maintain their pride and joy every month.

As a result, they've seen all sorts of makes and models with a wide variety of required work - from KIA key cutting to Aston Martin accident repairs and everything in between.

In fact, they've seen 44,000 repairs and counting, to be precise.

WCFMC have plenty of research on car manufacturers, servicing, garages and big brands.

In the first of a regular series of ‘big data’ insights, they're putting the big three German premium brands head-to-head: BMW vs Audi vs Mercedes-Benz.

Here's what they found.

1. Audis cost more to maintain
BMW i3: Green car of the yearCheap to run and eco-friendly too: the BMW i3 won Green car of the year 2014
We compared the quotes received for comparable repair types across these three brands.

The result? Audi consistently came out on top, an at average 31% higher than for Mercedes maintenance and repairs.

2. It's a consistent trend across the volume models
Whether it’s an A3, an A4 or an A6, average repair estimates on an Audi remained highest - with the largest difference (+45%) apparent when comparing C-Class and A4 repair quotes.

3. Complex repair work causes Audi bills to rack up
When it comes to simple work - routine servicing, or wear parts such as brakes and exhausts - estimates across all three brands are comparable.

The biggest variation occurs when comparing transmission.

Cambelt changes also showed the same trend, as well as requests for ‘Engine Parts’ - a broad category of repairs typically requiring more ‘involved’ work.

Mercedes-Benz C 300The older the Mercedes the higher the maintenance costs
Mercedes cars 'go on for longer', with repairs most likely in 11-year-old cars.

Conversely, the majority of Audi repairs take place when the cars are 5-10 years old, with BMW somewhere in between.

your article is difficult to comprehend in certain areas
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by oweniwe(m): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
yungboss:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by KA24DETT(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2015
No body designs interior like Audi , No one comes close.. The attention to detail is amazing.
Mine has been very reliable, i got to say. 4 Control arms have been replaced, starter and usual maintenance. still bullet proof and drives like murda. I call her Giselle.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by KA24DETT(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Kanyol:

I tell you! Mercedes is built to kill! The experience I had today is evidence. Dunno if BMW has same balance. But Honda and Toyota no reach coz I've driven both on top speed

Its all about suspension layout. You cant compare Mercedes multilink suspension with Honda and toyota Mcpherson strut. You get what you pay for .
You have to drive mercedes, audi and BMW to come to the conclusion that mercedes is built to kill.
BMW designs beautiful exteriors e.g Angel eyes, Hofmeister kink which every automaker copies.
Audi Design Beautiful Interiors, A6C6 interior is still a benchmark even though its 10 yrs old.
Mercedes- Radical design, does not age gracefully because of too much lines in it..
People that love to drive, drive bimmers, People with attention to detail and quality craftmanship drive Audi and if you love to be driven, you drive Mercedes. This is how the cookie crumbles

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by dBard: 4:56am On Jan 11, 2015
I owned a Benz for a while, and tho a 230, the drive was wonderful, the steering esp was just so impressive. My only issue is d 'old man' feel Benz has to it. I drove my friends bmw , during d last election, and seriously u can't help but fall in love . it's orgasm inducing. agile n athletic n elegant, tho the interior sha.......
can't say much about audis except as an observer.

conclusions, bimmer over merc@ least till am 50.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
dBard:
I owned a Benz for a while, and tho a 230, the drive was wonderful, the steering esp was just so impressive. My only issue is d 'old man' feel Benz has to it. I drove my friends bmw , during d last election, and seriously u can't help but fall in love . it's orgasm inducing. agile n athletic n elegant, tho the interior sha.......
can't say much about audis except as an observer.

conclusions, bimmer over merc@ least till am 50.

What was the year of the Benz you owned? And what year and model was the bmw you drove?
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by optimusprimer(m): 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
benz ANYTIME anyday...........
i bought a vboot recently and i must confess ive never felt this good.
was using an honda civic bfr now and my vboot isnt its mate
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by AutosBay(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2015
But isn't Benz expensive to maintain?
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
AutosBay:
But isn't Benz expensive to maintain?

Does it? I though you knew all the answers.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 8:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Siena:

cheesy grin
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by AutosBay(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Siena:

Grammatical Error!

Is it? I thought you knew all the answers.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
KA24DETT:

Its all about suspension layout. You cant compare Mercedes multilink suspension with Honda and toyota Mcpherson strut. You get what you pay for .
You have to drive mercedes, audi and BMW to come to the conclusion that mercedes is built to kill.
BMW designs beautiful exteriors e.g Angel eyes, Hofmeister kink which every automaker copies.
Audi Design Beautiful Interiors, A6C6 interior is still a benchmark even though its 10 yrs old.
Mercedes- Radical design, does not age gracefully because of too much lines in it..
People that love to drive, drive bimmers, People with attention to detail and quality craftmanship drive Audi and if you love to be driven, you drive Mercedes. This is how the cookie crumbles

Aiit, bro. I haven't tried audi and BMW though. Thanks
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
optimusprimer:
benz ANYTIME anyday...........
i bought a vboot recently and i must confess ive never felt this good.
was using an honda civic bfr now and my vboot isnt its mate

we are waiting for you here https://www.nairaland.com/2124275/vboot-needs#30327528
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2015
yungboss:

Why? Easy for me!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Ship In 1994 Car Through Lagos? / I Want To Buy My First Car, I Need Sincere Advice / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.