Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages (3324 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being Single / What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by Wisdytech(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Let’s explore this status known as “Single”. It is the state of standing alone, having one, being individually set. As a person who is single, viewing one according to the definition of “single” could be a depressing thought. It is only in the peak of loneliness that individuals admit their need for companionship. Especially during one particular anti-single holiday appropriately nicknamed “V-day”, individuals desire relationship status. Though true for some, many singles embrace their single-hood. Being single does not pose to be a burden but rather an excuse to live with an individual frame of mind. The need or indifference to find love all depends on where an individual stands mentality and emotionally. Life suits us differently.

As a single person, I have experienced the “singlehood” at its highs and lows. I can recount many stories from friends both male and female of their perspectives of being single. I found myself pleased to learn that single life is not universally similar. From my own experience and those of others, I compiled two separate lists–one being the top 5 advantages and the other being the top 5 disadvantages of being single.

Advantages:

You do not have to consider another person when making life decisions for yourself.
You can enjoy the hunt of dating; meeting different people without the headache of having to commit.
Going about your day carefree; leaving out and returning at your leisure without having to be courteous enough to your significant other regarding your whereabouts.
Have more time to spend with friends and family. Friends and family tend to nag when you are always with your significant other and neglect to spend time them.
During the holidays you get gifts solely for you as opposed to a couple or household gift.

Disadvantages:

You have to search for a date for outings that require one, i.e. company parties or double dates.
You get less money for taxes
During inclement weather, you often get restricted to the house with no one with whom you can share the moment
When it rains it pours and when it doesn’t there is a drought. When you are on a roll meeting new people and exploring the dating scene it is like The Weather Girls’ song “It’s Raining Men.” But when the dating pool is fresh out and your bait is not as enticing, you feel the void.
Family and friends always ask about past relationships that did not work out. Often, they ask at the wrong times, i.e. when you bring someone new to dinner.

If you can relate to this list or would like to add to it, please email me at johnsonl0401@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. We singles have to stick together.

READ MORE: http://brainnewsng.com/being-single-advantages-and-disadvantages/
Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Old topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by Tallesty1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ok
Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by Princecalm(m): 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
So which is more ideal to fall into
Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by hannesy(f): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
All I ve to say is

Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by jejemanito: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
hannesy:
All I ve to say is
You have not said anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Single: Advantages And Disadvantages by hannesy(f): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
jejemanito:

You have not said anything.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Respond To Beggars On The Street / The Best Position That Guarantees 100% Orgasm For Both Parties / Confession: I Was Disvirgined By My Mum…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.