Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers (31390 Views)

24% Of Lagos Women Have Sex Before 18 Years - Commissioner for Health, Dr Idris / Lady On Facebook Has Revealed Why Your Husbands Eye Beautiful Girls Like Her! / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Men Prefer Village Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by money121(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2015
The presence of single mothers is becoming a widespread phenomenon in Lagos. In the past, people look at them with contempt and speak of their situation with disapproval. Although the scrutiny hasn’t totally disappeared, their increased number is becoming a norm.

Here are reasons most women end up being single mothers in Lagos:

1. Men’s Decision To Walk Out on Family: It’s not news anymore for some men to walk out on their family and go start life afresh with other women. It’s usually a devastating experience for the women when they are suddenly left with sole responsibility of raising children by themselves. The city is an ever bubbling one and there are enough distractions to make the men leave. Moreover, some men are not ready to take on the responsibility of being fathers. They abscond as soon as they get to know a baby is on board. This irresponsible act of men could turn the unsuspecting women into single mothers.

2. Societal Pressure: In an environment like Lagos, when men cheat on their wives and exhibit various traits that aren’t promising, the women are quick to move on. There are so many successful forces to be reckoned with or looked up to as role models. These often spin the women into action and they put back the broken pieces of their life. With many people sharing their experiences, the women may make the legal move and set themselves free from the clause of marriage and start living as single mothers.

3. Career: With a booming economy, women don’t want to be tied down. The city offers lots of opportunities. This has restructured some women and has made them career oriented; they have attained enviable heights in their fields. They find it difficult to give up that part of them. They are liberated women and have high prospects for the future. Men often have issues with this type of women since it is difficult dominating them. At the expense of relationships, they often choose career over everything. They believe they have all it takes to raise children.
4. Reckless Adventure: Lagos with its trendy lifestyle and feisty environment is never quiet. With loads of interesting places to visit and see, it’s always fun time. Unsuspecting young women get caught up in the frenzy of the bubbly city. They may hang out with a couple of people and keep the fun rolling. They get carried away by the excitement and get pregnant at the long run. Motherhood spring up on them and before long, they join the unending list of single mothers.

5. Relativity: It’s all relative. What works for one man could be detrimental to the other. Some women choose to be single mothers all by themselves. This is single mother by choice; some women crave to be that. Some of these women have gone past the marriageable age but desire to have children. While some choose to be single mothers because they resent being controlled by men.

http://www.gistmelove..com/2015/09/revealed-why-lagos-women-end-up-being.html

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by money121(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2015
undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by SeverusSnape(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2015
4. Reckless Adventure : Lagos with its trendy lifestyle and feisty environment is never quiet. With loads of interesting places to visit and see, it’s always fun time. Unsuspecting young women get caught up in the frenzy of the bubbly city. They may hang out with a couple of people and keep the fun rolling. They get carried away by the excitement and get pregnant at the long run. Motherhood spring up on them and before long, they join the unending list of single mothers.

I think the above is the cardinal reason.
It's something that is becoming a norm, celebrities yeyebrities are also not helping matters; they now prefer baby mamas to lawfully wedded wives. I don't wish to be a baby papa. Indeed, Times have changed.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Cutehector(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2015
sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by sinaj(f): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Babe2sure(f): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
angry angry
Why use Omoni Oboli's picture when she is not a single mother?
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Pidggin(f): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by IamLEGEND1: 7:44am On Sep 24, 2015
?
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by funlord(m): 7:44am On Sep 24, 2015
undecided
What the _fuck?
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Sunexy(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala

Front page
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Godfullsam(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2015
not in Lagos alone, it is applicable everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Spikkylee: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2015
angry sad grin I don't have anytin to say
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by eleko1: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Not only in Lagos but cross country/yonder.Some women are the architect of the single Mother phenomenon. U eat wot U sow

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Tallesty1(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2015
Test Abuja babes and your post will never remain the same. cry cry cry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by lilmax(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2015
Career is the major reason

Women see taking care of the children while the husband provides as weakness

Well not in my case
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by ChappyChase: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Make I buy land..

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by prodiG(m): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
undecided I will comment later
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Total

Rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
So OP, are u telling me that the topic of ur thread is only applicable to Lagos women? undecided

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by kennyman2000(m): 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
somebody should wake me up when OP post that of portharcourt women..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nateben(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2015

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by ifex370(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
wetin I wan talk now sef undecided
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by GboyegaD(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Una sabi make list sha.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by ALAYORMII: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Story story
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by damton(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
As much as I agree to these, I believe some women have no content and character to submit to a man. A lot of them wish they had one but it is their attitude that gets in the way. so they just resign to fate

8 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by HRich(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
I disagree with you on the Number One option.

1 Like

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by klem93(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
and Lagos will soon be like US
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by constance500: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'm coming
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by MegMich(m): 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Was marriage ever in the picture?

The typical Nigerian lady regardless of age want to remain married. Unless it never existed.
Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Better to be a single mother than a deceased wife. Another woman will come and take your place and use your children as lab rats

On the other hand, some women were hoping to use the pregnancy (child) as ATM machine from the father. Promiscuity is the name of the game

21 Likes

Re: Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers by freecocoa(f): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yea well, better a single mum than miserably married.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six(6) Powerful Ways To Prevent Your Breast From Falling/sagging / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.