Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones (4605 Views)

FIRS Secretly Recruits Over 200 Children Of APC Top Shots / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / List Of Top Politicians That Dump PDP For APC After Buhari Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by wanimo: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2014
Ovamboland:

Abeg let us hear word they also assemble cars in Eritrea one of Africa's poorest countries, is it not a shame that you will tell us to return someone like GEJ to office because Hyundai and Nissan now assemble a few cars in Nigeria. Are we so poor in thinking, bereft of ideas and shallow in evaluation of leadership abilities?

I was in India in 2012 and was really impressed with strides they've made in technology, producing most the cars they use and export, manufacture machine tools for further production, textiles, phones, computers, steel production and many more. But fast forward to 2014 working among a large number of young Indians, they were done with the ruling party in-spite of all above achievements and they were determined to replace them for one reason, CORRUPTION and 'padi-padi' arrangement in their opinion slows down India's growth rate. They ended up giving the opposition part a large majority such that coalition with other parties is not even necessary.

Fast forward to Nigeria and we see youths who should be hungry for fast paced development being satisfied with mediocre acheivments and closing their eyes to unbridled corruption that will soon wipe out the mediocre achievements they celebrate today
it makes no sense when all u do is critisize without profering any solution. The rise of the 'Asian Tiger' economies spanned over three decades. If the previous regimes and administrations contributed as little as the current administration, we would have gone far in our technological and industrial advancement.

Come to think of it... No government ever thought about building schools for the 'almagiris' both at the state and federal level until GEJ did it. I only believe that the northern orligarchy wanted to maintain the status-quo cos these set of Nigerians (the almagiris) were ther foot soldiers who can be easily manupulated along religious lines to destabilize the country at any given time. Yes I admit that the current adminstration has a lot of corruption issues just like every other that Nigeria has ever had. I remember when Obasanjo is his bid to curb corruption proposed a 22year jail term for convicted government officials, both the senate and house of reps killed it and approved only 2years knowing that all of them are guilty and culpable. They even had the audacity to include the 'plea bargain' which has made a rubbish of what ever anti-corruption fight Nigeria will undertake. I also remember that while the EFCC was vibrant with random arrest of politicians, some of u were saying that Obasanjo was using it to witch-hunt his opposition. I cant imagine GEJ towing that line with the EFCC, Nigeria would have disintegrated along ethnic lines because a certain part of the country would have declared full scale war on the govt going by the amount of criticism already dished. We all would be very foolish to automatacally assume that corruption which has eaten deep into the rudiments of our society will be eradicated within 4years.

Nigerians 2day are calling for Local government autonomy and our corrupt state governors who are the major benefactors of the current system have come together to kick against it without minding their different party affiliations. Thank God it was the GEJ administration that summoned the conference that made that plausible recomendation and he is also working hard to force through the implementation of some of those recomendations.

I believe we should critisize the government when they do wrong and commend and support them when they get it right. Any true opposition in a democracy does not try to pull the government down, rather they project and propagate policies that would convince the electorate vote them into government. That is exactly what the Nigerian opposition is not. They are so desparate for power that they are willing to even undermine our future and lives in their quest for political power.

1 Like

Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

100% Correct here! No more! No Less!
Seems you know this jones guy
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
Seems you know this jones guy

Very well!
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Very well!
You promised to send me an email but never did... Anyway, I will send you one shortly
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by bolaino(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2014
cramjones:
Last night I was with a mixed group of politicians in Asokoro, Abuja. Among these people were members of APC and PDP, all talking money. I heard one say "My real estate in Dubai is generating $xxxx annually," another say, "Dubai market is not the best, Cayman islands is better, I make $Bleep annually from those investments." As I looked closely in the room, there were self-professed muslims, christians and maybe traditional worshipers or aethists. These men forgot about their ethnic, religious and political identities, what bonded them together was the proverbial Nigeria's national cake.

As I walked around the room, and shook some of my friends, sipping my glass of wine, I thought so hard about the Nigerian electorate that were preparing themselves for a new election process in 2015. I thought about those who come to Facebook, Nairaland, Twitter, and mainstream medial raining down vitriols on those who do not belong to their ethnic group, religion or self-professed geo-political identities. I thought about those who kill each other for these men that literarilly share the "national cake." While I was introverted in those thoughts, I found tears rolling down my ears. As the tears rolled down my feeble eyes, the wife of a prominent politician in Nassarawa state, noticed my watered eyes, drawing close to me, she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "sir, are you okay?" I looked at her as if I was recovering from some sort of hypnosis, and answered "Madam I just returned from London where I had a reunion with my old high school classmates, and so I am really tired". She insisted to know what was wrong. I then said, "madam our country is finished and half of the people in this room need to be in Jail." She said "xxxx I know you pain, and hopefully with the right leadership, we will get it right"

I am pained and in tears that Nigerians are continually deceived, and their wealth carted away by those whose IQ are not even close to those that are deceived. It is high time we bring in someone that would stamp out the number one problem in Nigeria - corruption. We have the power to act, and vote in someone that would truly and honestly reduce corruption in our country. Our country is finished, and we must salvage it. I truly and honestly believe that General Mohammadu Buhari is more than capable of cleaning this mess. Do not waste your vote, vote the right man to power come 2015! I don't hate President Jonathan, I just know that he has taken corruption to another level, and honestly do not have what it takes to lead Nigeria to where we all want it to be.

-CramJones
Mr cramjones, Nothing lasts forever, just because it's here today, It could be gone tomorrow, Nothing kills faster than Greed and Selfishness. Life is Fleeting, it's all a Mirage, Everything we're fighting for is Nothing, the only thing we have is our Legacy, when you die, what do you want to be remembered for my Good mann.
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2014
barcanista:
You promised to send me an email but never did... Anyway, I will send you one shortly

Sorry bros! I was away! Will chat up later today!
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by wanimo: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2014
courage54:

I don't have the time to waste educating bigots like u. So if care to no about the people's General then take ur time to google about his regime and his achievement.
His regime toppled a ligitimate and democratically elected government. In any sane society, that alone has disqualified him from contesting for any electoral position in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by richeso: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2014
cramjones ---- can you pleassssssssssse. continue talking sense without adding nonsense?

from the top to the middle you making sense as a Nigerian

but below , the conclusion then spoils the whole writeup.

is this Buhari the only option you have left to be president? if YES. then i stop respecting you henceforth.
why not fashola? at least someone who has not been to the aso rock before, someone who have credible history.
younger and accepted by millions of Nigeria.

we don't want Buhari --cant you get the message?
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by courage54(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2014
wanimo:
His regime toppled a ligitimate and democratically elected government. In any sane society, that alone has disqualified him from contesting for any electoral position in Nigeria.

I thought u were enlighten before, but with ur comment above it shows that u don't no anything about Nigeria History and politics.
Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by talktimi(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2014
cramjones:

Your response shows you do not understand the bane of the problem in Nigeria. Report them to EFCC that is controlled by the president that protects them? Run away from the room, because half of the people them stole the wealth of Nigeria? I wrote this because it is you and me that can change the status quo by voting in the man that would bring justice to the bastards that have shared Nigeria to themselves.

-CramJones
and this man you want us to vote in is surrounded by another bunch of corrupt politicians so how do you want us to take him seriously when it is obvious the cake sharing will continue only just in another formulae. How can you prove to us that he will move against his current cronies if as they obviously will engage in corrupt practices or that his hands won't be tied to prevent action ? A democracy is far far different from dictatorships which operate without national/state assemblies and therefore it is way easier for a dictator to combat corruption for example or implement policies without encumbrance.
So tell me how Buhari will fight corruption well with these vultures flapping around him

1 Like

Re: A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones by wanimo: 11:42am On Oct 25, 2014
courage54:

I thought u were enlighten before, but with ur comment above it shows that u don't no anything about Nigeria History and politics.
the only reason i joined this forum is to interract, share my views and also learn from other Nigerians. And as long as this forum thrives in anonymity, i will never take any comments or views personal.

U can as well do me that favor of elightenment. No knowledge is a waste. But going by ur line of thoughts, u definitely are too sentimentally blinded to offer me any meaningful elightenment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South South: Learn Your Identity, South South Doesn't Exist / PHOTOS: Image Of 'prophet' That Appeared On A Toilet Wall In Mali This Morning / Countering The Lies Of Nigeria Army On Bokoharam Rocket Factory(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.