Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady (75303 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Caseless: 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
anonimi:

And you believe the story just like that shocked
wat do u expect? Dat woman is capable of anything.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by chukel(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
mail duly replied. Check check...and respond dear
barca, nawa for this ur NL luv. Make una exchange pin naa or number for Whatsapp make una do am behind the scene
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by SeunEatsGARRI: 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
Zulele:

hahaha... I love ur profile name... no let Seun ban u ooo

Who is Seun? undecided
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by sunkoye: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
Hahaha The PDP Govs better reconsider where they stand, because hurricane Buhari is coming to jail them in the next dispensation. They want to be alpha and omega but couldn't stand JUST one woman, who was neither elected nor appointed.
Mama Patience, carry-gooo, sumon the Service Chiefs, Summon the Vice President to explain the government progress, even summon the Party Chairman to give him instruction on what to do. Summon the governors, the class captains, course reps, in fact, extend your summon to the United Nation and African Union.

All Hail The Greatest Woman ever....

But we shall disgrace yoir husband and Wike(d) at the polls.
I cant imagine if Nigeria runs a monarchy system of Govt. She would have overthrew mr jona teh teh.....

Both has been living with impunity for long. The govs treat her fcukup with impunity too. Trust me...dat is fair.

Yes....I remebered a quote. ..."the best way to defend against treacherous is treachery"

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
grin
chukel:
barca, nawa for this ur NL luv. Make una exchange pin naa or number for Whatsapp make una do am behind the scene
boss na my cousin
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by gsainttrinity(m): 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
joseph1832:
They'll get the assurance they need and should GEJ win 2015, PEJ will become more meddlesome than ever. "A man who can't control his wife can never govern a country".

if i were to be employed as the campaign manager for the Apc presidential election, this Quote would be my major slogan. Believe me it would win me the election even if the APC candidate is a dunce.

This is Nigeria, and respect plays a very subtle and important role in how we behave as a people. Any man who does not have the respect of the wife can never have the respect of any subordinates.

From experience, my dad is in a position of authority although of a few followers but i can tell you that any little sign of disrespect from my mum always cause big problem in the home and outside it. Because even if my dad would have ignored, the followers would see to it that it is addressed or risk losing their loyalty. Nigerians see disrespect to their leader by a spouse (especially a woman) as a disrespect that is unpardonable.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by gsainttrinity(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
joseph1832:
They'll get the assurance they need and should GEJ win 2015, PEJ will become more meddlesome than ever. "A man who can't control his wife can never govern a country".
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Wisegeek01(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
Who know's what GEJ might be going through, living with her all this years. .. Don't even know if dts why he's always looking depressed on National Tv. " Na dem sabi sha, minding my biz" .

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by harry509: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tbillz:
•Demand assurances President’s wife won’t
determine their successors
THERE are indications that President Goodluck
Jonathan and governors of the on the platform
of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are at
war over what sources close to the party
describe as “unwarranted interference in
political affairs” by the first lady, Dame Patience
Jonathan.
It was gathered that most leaders of the party
were not happy at the meddlesomeness of the
First Lady in clear party affairs.
A highly respected PDP stalwart said President
Jonathan risked protest votes from party
members to save the country from further
embarrassment by the First Lady.
The source who craved anonymity told our
reporter, “I have spoken to many elders in the
party and they said they would not vote for
President Jonathan because of his wife. Even
myself will not vote for PDP.
“It is not because we hate the president but we
can no longer cope with the overbearing
influence of his wife. So, expect among other
things protest votes against Jonathan by even
PDP members.”
The source added that at a recent meeting with
the president, some of the governors tabled the
issue of the president’s wife’s overbearing
influence in political affairs.
According to the source, the governors sought to
extract commitment from President Jonathan
that his wife should not impose candidates on
their states in 2015.
Buttering the argument, the source referred to
the scenario in Rivers State where Patience
Jonathan is leading a campaign to make former
Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike
Governor.
The source added, “The party elders are
watching with shame the macabre dance in
Rivers State by the First Lady. Recently, the First
Lady visited Nyesom Wike in his house in Port
Harcourt.
“In that televised visit, she held Wike’s hand and
placed it in the hand of Dr. Peter Odili. It is an
endorsement and it has never happened
before. That singular act is unbecoming of a First
Lady. With what she is doing in Rivers, we won’t
be surprised if PDP loses that state to APC”.
The source added that in the history of
Presidency in Nigeria, no First Lady was allowed
by her husband to desecrate the office of the
President the way Dame Patience had done.
“This is the first time a wife of the President
would be allowed by her husband to be this
powerful. It is shameful that Dame Patience has
the liberty to summon service chiefs, ministers
and top members of our party at will.
“Remember her meddlesomeness in the Chibok
girls’ saga how she called meetings of service
chiefs and parents of the girls and was shouting
at them, insulting them on national television.
“Where has it happened before? It was one
embarrassment too many for Nigeria. The First
Lady has brought the country to ridicule and
party leaders are not happy with her excesses”,
the source observed.
The source further accused the First Lady of
acting without seeking the permission of her
husband adding that she had made President
Jonathan look like a weakling.
“Nigerians are amused that she has no regard
for her husband. Imagine her recent resignation
as a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State Civil
Service. Before the appointment, she begged for
it and even her husband appealed for it.
“It was the appointment that even the last
Governor of the state, Mr. Timipre Sylva,
refused to give her. But when she resigned
because of her problem with Governor Seriake
Dickson, she did not tell her husband.
“She has been boasting to her aides and other
governors that she would ensure that Dickson
does not return and that there is nothing even
her husband will do about it. The President must
call his wife to order to stand a chance,” the
source said, adding “What we don’t understand
is why the President is allowing her to carry on
the way she is doing. I think there is something
the First Lady is using as a secret weapon
against the President that we don’t know. No
President has allowed his wife to be this power
drunk. What is happening is not normal.”
Mrs. Jonathan had in April this year paid a
solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence,
saying her visit was to give him her blessings,
noting that the governorship aspirant proved
himself as a member of the federal executive
council.
She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a
mother. The blessing a mother gives to a
beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a
Minister that delivered while he served in the
cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to
serve in a higher capacity”.
The first lady further described the former
minister as a listening and respectful politician,
who heeded her counsel to drop his senatorial
aspiration in 2011.
“You listened to me and dropped your
senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you,
lead you and please go on with your aspiration.
“I have hand you (Wike) over to our father, Dr.
Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You
are going to Rivers State for the betterment of
all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.
Responding, Wike assured the first lady that the
PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in
Rivers come 2015.

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-pdp-govs-confront-jonathan-over-first-lady/
I love my wife.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ebankole1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
grin

What a comical thread to say the least.
MoD una better move this thread to "Joke section" asap.

Heheh hehe
NL people no go kill person with rib cracking ke!!
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Btruth: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
gsainttrinity:

if i were to be employed as the campaign manager for the Apc presidential election, this Quote would be my major slogan. Believe me it would win me the election even if the APC candidate is a dunce.

This is Nigeria, and respect plays a very subtle and important role in how we behave as a people. Any man who does not have the respect of the wife can never have the respect of any subordinates.

From experience, my dad is in a position of authority although of a few followers but i can tell you that any little sign of disrespect from my mum always cause big problem in the home and outside it. Because even if my dad would have ignored, the followers would see to it that it is addressed or risk losing their loyalty. Nigerians see disrespect to their leader by a spouse (especially a woman) as a disrespect that is unpardonable.
You never read that Goodluck like toto too much? ....that is why he surrounded himself with women in his cabinet. That man is woman wrapper!.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by oluwasegun007(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
I doubt if the position of the first lady is constitutionally recognised....NAIJA anything goes
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ba7man(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
jmaine:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/532044_imagesCAKGW58Y_jpg7e7fa0c2df8f3229c80372ec2106280c
Until Michel Obama starts shaking delegates ahead of Obama, PEJ is guilty.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by JUBILEE2000: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
hyfr:
Dora is a jezebel!! I'm amazed lots of pple don't know.. She was killed by her queen mother,go to her home town.

pls can u throw more light on what u just wrote..u kno it's not fair to say such things about the dead when u don't have facts
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ihatesycophant(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
She's an elder sister to her husband, hence she must be in control of her husband at all times. African culture allows that. GEJ has no ball to control her, she's more the husband than wife.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by radicalove(f): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
All that glitters is not gold
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
2015: I'm not a religious fanatic - Buhari says he may choose a Christian as his running mate:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/10/2015-im-not-religious-fanatic-buhari.html
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is ridiculous, i can't believe madam there is God o have gone this far make she no spoil GEJfor2015 4 us o.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by firstolalekan(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
shizzleStar:
you are a bleeping iddiott.

When you get home, ask your father @bolded

That you are a bleeping iddiott
Bastard product of a broken condom worn by a retàrded drunk.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by frankobaba(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
castancassy2:
APC at work. were did the governors hav the meeting with mr president. is it mr president that is in isreal. wen did they hav d meeting. pls Apc's, allow mr president to rest. i keep saiding dis cos wen wat u want will start, una go run

Gbaguan!!! Bros u must be a Nobel Laureate in English. hahaha grin
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by onoja12: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ask Liberia what happens when you give a woman so much power

Safari29:
It is bad if your wife is smarter than you are
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
[deleted]
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Ajascolove(m): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
Reading funny comments all through. Very bad for a man to be controlled by his wife.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by jmaine: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
Until Michel Obama starts shaking delegates ahead of Obama, PEJ is guilty.

Straw grasping identified . . .
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ultimate77(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
President Goodluck Jonathan will be honouring his wife, the first lady Dame Patience Jonathan with the award of GCFR (Grammar Commander of The Federal Republic). Sources said this is due to the immense contributions of the first lady to English Language in Nigeria. Another reason for this prestigious award is that the first lady has affected a lot of lives positively with her humorous speeches that make Nigerians laugh and forget their sorrows.

This according to Mr. President has increased the life span of an average Nigerian. Example of her speeches include:

* Nigeria is a great CONTINENT.
* My husband and Sambo IS good people.
* I rather KILL myself than to commit SUICIDE.
* My fellow widows.
* I travelled to abroad to rest in peace.
* My husband is the best couple on earth.
* The doctors are responding to treatment.
* For those who said I speech bad English, I left them for God. *Ojukwu is dead, but his Manhood stil lives on.
* Na only you waka come?
* Chai! Chai!! Chai!!! diaris God o...

Please support and honour our first lady by sharing to all

Signed
Yungwizzzy
Head of committee

And yhu think its the best thing to say of that woman?
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Ologunjude(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
She knows the president her darling husband is not strong enough to make some key decisions. When they lie down on the bed and discuss 9ja. She sees this stuff and knows "if I no act now my hubby go just sit down and look, I no fit come shout"
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by bash4us(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
ogbronx:
president - clown
First lady- Mad.
these are the pple some irredeemable fools want in Aso villa to preside over the affairs of 170million pple?

God bless u and yr nx 10 generations
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by bash4us(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
ultimate77:

And yhu think its the best thing to say of that woman?

YES. What else?
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by frostland(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
abeg mama p carry on jooor da say behind evri great man der is a woman since una say presido no strong make una try mama p if e no do una like gun shoot
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by dayosaurus(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
I love this woman, she is an inspiring to motherhoods.

That is why I make the two both of them as my mentor.

GEJ till Berem joins PDP!

Now I know why you like her grin
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by dayosaurus(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
I love this woman, she is an inspiring to motherhoods.

That is why I make the two both of them as my mentor.

GEJ till Berem joins PDP!

Now I know why you like her grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) / Election Results Of Obio-Akpor LGA In Rivers State: IREV -Vs- Official Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.