Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady (75288 Views)

Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / 2015: PDP Rules Out Automatic Tickets For NASS Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by abdulabbakar(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2014
Chubhie:
PEJ is the force behind GEJ. She was the one that brought GEJ into the murky waters of grassland politics and luck shore on her husband who came unprepared. GEJ never asked for all this cos all he ever wished for was some quite life in the creeks where he can smoke weed and eat fresh fish in peace of nature. PEJ initialized the moves and the masses practically begged GEJ to lead them. Look at GEJ body language-he doesn't want all this! But his wife wants more with some few masses who benefits as long as their man sits on the throne. Let's all unite and give leadership to passionate people like oby, dora-may her soul continue to rest in peace and finally Buhari.

That is why I still can believe that GEJ is the one ruling Nigeria, Our total failure is one of the attributes of women leadership

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by joseph1832(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2014
M4gunners:
For your information there's never a place in the bible or nigeria law,western world where it states Man should control his wife.As a man you have the same right with your wife.Women,s are only asked to respect their husband nothinq more . Bill C is not controlling Hillary C.Get that right. PEJ might be rude,that doesn't give GEJ right to control her.
Do you control your children? Of course a man can't control his wife when she's an adult, but a woman is suppose to know her place!. That can translate into 'control'.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by pkang: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2014
This is scrap, its rivers state government who paid for this. How many PDP Governors have complained of this. APC again oooooooo
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Lucasbalo(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2014
Safari29:
It is bad if your wife is smarter than you are
What does that says about the President if that woman who can barely put a sentence together is smarter than her husband ?. God help Nigerians with the inept leadership.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by synergycom19: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2014
That's why I said that GEJ is a good, nice and lucky man only. Good Governance, transperency, Guts, Economic policies, Visions, Will power, Charisma, Inspirations, he remains wakelistically kwashokorise
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by abbakacici: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Goodluck should just appoint her as minister representing rivers state because wile just resign because a minister playing politic make sense not just a common house wife

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by pkang: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2014
joseph1832:
Do you control your children? Of course a man can't control his wife when she's an adult, but a woman is suppose to know her place!. That can translate into 'control'.

So she should fold hands watch people tarnish her husband.
A kind doesn't fight but that does not mean his children will watch people beating their father and keep mute because they are royalty.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by brownlord: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
Hahaha The PDP Govs better reconsider where they stand, because hurricane Buhari is coming to jail them in the next dispensation. They want to be alpha and omega but couldn't stand JUST one woman, who was neither elected nor appointed.
Mama Patience, carry-gooo, sumon the Service Chiefs, Summon the Vice President to explain the government progress, even summon the Party Chairman to give him instruction on what to do. Summon the governors, the class captains, course reps, in fact, extend your summon to the United Nation and African Union.

All Hail The Greatest Woman ever....

But we shall disgrace yoir husband and Wike(d) at the polls.

So you mean if the pdp governors reconsider their stand and join apc, they won't be jail?

Lol, now I understand the meaning of APC"Change" just change in name and logo,

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by GoodluckJonatan: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2014
why me? cry
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by abbakacici: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2014
pkang:
This is scrap, its rivers state government who paid for this. How many PDP Governors have complained of this. APC again oooooooo
Beyelsa governor too is not happy with her. which make it a least 2 governor, so according to you, a common first lady fight with 2 elected governor is a good thing

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Ayosh(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2014
Safari29:
It is bad if your wife is smarter than you are
Absolutely not,bro. Reasoning along that line,wouldn't it be wiser to vote PEJ as President come 2015 rather than GEJ? She seems to know the Job descriptions more than her hubby in my opinion. What say you?

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by biafranqueen: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2014
sukkot:
a stu-pid people get a stu-pid leader. thats all there is to life. its in the bible. you have a competent man like buhari but the stupid people of nigeria cant see. this is a man who tried to kidnap a looter umaru dikkofrom london in a crate. heavy mossad operation. but like i keep saying, a stu-pid people will get a stu-pid leader
You are right and a dementia leader can only be picked by mentally retarded citizens. So you think a failed kidnapping is a badge of honor. He would have received more respect if he we would have tried the case in the World Court and brought media attention to how the Western World is helping thief's escape. But know he started a kidnapping trend in Nigeria that is still rampant today in Politics. Let that man go and retire and mentor someone younger with fresher ideas. To bad some people don't want to leave the past in the past, but as for the real progressives.
Backwards never forward forever!
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
President Goodluck Jonathan will be honouring his wife, the first lady Dame Patience Jonathan with the award of GCFR (Grammar Commander of The Federal Republic). Sources said this is due to the immense contributions of the first lady to English Language in Nigeria. Another reason for this prestigious award is that the first lady has affected a lot of lives positively with her humorous speeches that make Nigerians laugh and forget their sorrows.

This according to Mr. President has increased the life span of an average Nigerian. Example of her speeches include:

* Nigeria is a great CONTINENT.
* My husband and Sambo IS good people.
* I rather KILL myself than to commit SUICIDE.
* My fellow widows.
* I travelled to abroad to rest in peace.
* My husband is the best couple on earth.
* The doctors are responding to treatment.
* For those who said I speech bad English, I left them for God. *Ojukwu is dead, but his Manhood stil lives on.
* Na only you waka come?
* Chai! Chai!! Chai!!! diaris God o...

Please support and honour our first lady by sharing to all

Signed
Yungwizzzy
Head of committee
Oh boy, you make laugh and forget say I wan go church, chaiiii

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by xynerise: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Funny couple
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Enemy's handwriting is all I see here. No matter what, GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by centjamie(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
M4gunners:
For your information there's never a place in the bible or nigeria law,western world where it states Man should control his wife.As a man you have the same right with your wife.Women,s are only asked to respect their husband nothinq more . Bill C is not controlling Hillary C.Get that right. PEJ might be rude,that doesn't give GEJ right to control her.

Are you alright?

4 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by zombader(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Its very unfortunate the kind of schemes our newspapers come up with. This is a very ridiculous reportage but I'm not surprised cos 'The Nation' newspapers. Our politicians established personal newsprints to further their interests and spread their propaganda. I however hope that the populace would one day wake up to sift the wheat from the chaff. The journalists owe it as a duty to inform and not do hatchet jobs. We the populace also need to scrutinize certain reports. The internet warriors who feed from propaganda are a major bloc in problems bedeviling our dear country. All political parties in this country are the same. We should open our eyes and address our issues, none in the political class is gonna take us to our zenith.

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by cindyswit(f): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2014
dis woman will not kill us ooo.....
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by edo3(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2014
egift:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-dmGptZOLlKE/TnoGTTOxu9I/AAAAAAAAHdc/79j87SykY0k/s1600/317686_262619067106257_100000744970073_831138_2137002425_n.jpg[/img]

Is she the President? Stepping out first receiving the welcoming delegation - while the "first gentleman" is still on the plane.
This man chai,,u av 2 look at his face anytime he sits down in any occassion,,lukin so lost N confused. That is not humility..

9 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by agwuuche: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Its the power of a woman in action
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by sukkot: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2014
biafranqueen:
You are right and a dementia leader can only be picked by mentally retarded citizens. So you think a failed kidnapping is a badge of honor. He would have received more respect if he we would have tried the case in the World Court and brought media attention to how the Western World is helping thief's escape. But know he started a kidnapping trend in Nigeria that is still rampant today in Politics. Let that man go and retire and mentor someone younger with fresher ideas. To bad some people don't want to leave the past in the past, but as for the real progressives.
Backwards never forward forever!
lmao. the western world is the world court. act like you know whats happening in the world lol smdh tongue

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by synergycom19: 9:53am On Oct 26, 2014
M4gunners:
Check you Bible or the Korah, which you believed. 'The Man is the Head of the Woman, as Christ is the head of the Church''It's a shame for a Woman to speak in the church, if she gets home let's her ask her Husband' Let's the women sits behind in the church' The Koran is even more explicit, some islamic testes even permit the Man to Flog his Wife . It's only in the Western law that a Woman Is Equal To The Man, please get it right

5 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by cozy7(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2014
Tbillz:
•Demand assurances President’s wife won’t
determine their successors
THERE are indications that President Goodluck
Jonathan and governors of the on the platform
of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are at
war over what sources close to the party
describe as “unwarranted interference in
political affairs” by the first lady, Dame Patience
Jonathan.
It was gathered that most leaders of the party
were not happy at the meddlesomeness of the
First Lady in clear party affairs.
A highly respected PDP stalwart said President
Jonathan risked protest votes from party
members to save the country from further
embarrassment by the First Lady.
The source who craved anonymity told our
reporter, “I have spoken to many elders in the
party and they said they would not vote for
President Jonathan because of his wife. Even
myself will not vote for PDP.
“It is not because we hate the president but we
can no longer cope with the overbearing
influence of his wife. So, expect among other
things protest votes against Jonathan by even
PDP members.”
The source added that at a recent meeting with
the president, some of the governors tabled the
issue of the president’s wife’s overbearing
influence in political affairs.
According to the source, the governors sought to
extract commitment from President Jonathan
that his wife should not impose candidates on
their states in 2015.
Buttering the argument, the source referred to
the scenario in Rivers State where Patience
Jonathan is leading a campaign to make former
Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike
Governor.
The source added, “The party elders are
watching with shame the macabre dance in
Rivers State by the First Lady. Recently, the First
Lady visited Nyesom Wike in his house in Port
Harcourt.
“In that televised visit, she held Wike’s hand and
placed it in the hand of Dr. Peter Odili. It is an
endorsement and it has never happened
before. That singular act is unbecoming of a First
Lady. With what she is doing in Rivers, we won’t
be surprised if PDP loses that state to APC”.
The source added that in the history of
Presidency in Nigeria, no First Lady was allowed
by her husband to desecrate the office of the
President the way Dame Patience had done.
“This is the first time a wife of the President
would be allowed by her husband to be this
powerful. It is shameful that Dame Patience has
the liberty to summon service chiefs, ministers
and top members of our party at will.
“Remember her meddlesomeness in the Chibok
girls’ saga how she called meetings of service
chiefs and parents of the girls and was shouting
at them, insulting them on national television.
“Where has it happened before? It was one
embarrassment too many for Nigeria. The First
Lady has brought the country to ridicule and
party leaders are not happy with her excesses”,
the source observed.
The source further accused the First Lady of
acting without seeking the permission of her
husband adding that she had made President
Jonathan look like a weakling.
“Nigerians are amused that she has no regard
for her husband. Imagine her recent resignation
as a Permanent Secretary in Bayelsa State Civil
Service. Before the appointment, she begged for
it and even her husband appealed for it.
“It was the appointment that even the last
Governor of the state, Mr. Timipre Sylva,
refused to give her. But when she resigned
because of her problem with Governor Seriake
Dickson, she did not tell her husband.
“She has been boasting to her aides and other
governors that she would ensure that Dickson
does not return and that there is nothing even
her husband will do about it. The President must
call his wife to order to stand a chance,” the
source said, adding “What we don’t understand
is why the President is allowing her to carry on
the way she is doing. I think there is something
the First Lady is using as a secret weapon
against the President that we don’t know. No
President has allowed his wife to be this power
drunk. What is happening is not normal.”
Mrs. Jonathan had in April this year paid a
solidarity visit to Wike in his Abuja residence,
saying her visit was to give him her blessings,
noting that the governorship aspirant proved
himself as a member of the federal executive
council.
She said, “I am giving you the blessing of a
mother. The blessing a mother gives to a
beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a
Minister that delivered while he served in the
cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to
serve in a higher capacity”.
The first lady further described the former
minister as a listening and respectful politician,
who heeded her counsel to drop his senatorial
aspiration in 2011.
“You listened to me and dropped your
senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you,
lead you and please go on with your aspiration.
“I have hand you (Wike) over to our father, Dr.
Peter Odili and the people of Rivers State. You
are going to Rivers State for the betterment of
all of us and to wipe our tears,” she stated.
Responding, Wike assured the first lady that the
PDP would emerge victorious in all elections in
Rivers come 2015.

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-pdp-govs-confront-jonathan-over-first-lady/
NIGERIAN POLITICS IS NOW FAMILY BUSINESS.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by sukkot: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2014
cozy7:
NIGERIAN POLITICS IS NOW FAMILY BUSINESS.
you had to quote the whole thing tongue

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
I love this woman, she is an inspiring to motherhoods.

That is why I make the two both of them as my mentor.

GEJ till Berem joins PDP!
And that explains the kind of person you are *clueless*

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by KingTom(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2014
wwwkaycom:
Madam Shepopotamus
Even the police bows before her
Tried to appoint a chairman for PeeDeePee, Lol...
She knows her onions
***Falls down in Church and stars laughing and convulsing, Priest pours bucket of Holy water on me***
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by firstolalekan(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2014
pkang:
You're a complete f00l.
So, APC paid all the 19 PDP Governors to make this up abi?
Hopeless leader of tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ademega(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2014
And do you think this will change the woman of aso rock I dont think so . She will start looking for the anonymous set of people that complained and any suspect will go or beg for his or political carrier . This woman controls Nigeria take it or leave it . The solution is to flush them out for a serious man to come to the scene .
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by ojeffo: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2014
SeunEatsGARRI:
I love this woman, she is an inspiring to motherhoods.

That is why I make the two both of them as my mentor.

GEJ till Berem joins PDP!
Bro..no vex oo...ds ur grammar. ..Is it a joke? OMG!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by biafranqueen: 9:58am On Oct 26, 2014
sukkot:
lmao. the western world is the world court. act like you know whats happening in the world lol smdh tongue
Let it be recorded in their records and brought to the public. The kidnapping failed and made Nigerians look like savages and stupid to put him in a bag and get caught very stupid plan. See how we think always looking for shortcuts to solve problems. Instant gratification is the downfall of people of color. How can you people be praising a failed kidnapping look at your mouth undecided
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by gebest: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2014
So u dont kn dat Patience Jonathan is d President of dis country b4, Goodluck Jonathan is d 1st lady.
Re: 2015: PDP Govs Confront Jonathan Over First Lady by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2014
barcanista:
Hahaha The PDP Govs better reconsider where they stand, because hurricane Buhari is coming to jail them in the next dispensation. They want to be alpha and omega but couldn't stand JUST one woman, who was neither elected nor appointed.
Mama Patience, carry-gooo, sumon the Service Chiefs, Summon the Vice President to explain the government progress, even summon the Party Chairman to give him instruction on what to do. Summon the governors, the class captains, course reps, in fact, extend your summon to the United Nation and African Union.

All Hail The Greatest Woman ever....

But we shall disgrace yoir husband and Wike(d) at the polls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Reacts To Koko Zaria's Hotel (Photos) / Diezani Alison-Madueke At An African Store In London Today? (Photos) / Election Results Of Obio-Akpor LGA In Rivers State: IREV -Vs- Official Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.