Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married (4011 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / 3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / 10 Mistakes Men Make In Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 1:18am On Oct 27, 2014
Times without number, over and over again, I have come across so many threads that listed mistakes ladies make when getting married. Unfortunately, those possible mistakes most young men make when getting married have been left out, or should I say neglected? I'm not a marriage counsellor, neither am I a relationship expert. This thread was inspired by careful observations and experiences that some peeps who I know have gone through. Here they are:

1. Marrying A Woman With No Professional or Business Skill:- This mistake is very fatal; that's why it tops the list. Just as no lady wants to marry a guy who has no skill and is jobless, that's how men should avoid marrying a lady who does nothing, has no professional or business skill, not into any trade and not schooling. I wonder what such a lady would be coming to do in the marriage. What would she be bringing? Yes, a man is the bread winner of the family but as he goes out to win the bread, the woman should also go out to win the akara, because when both are mixed together, it makes more sense.

2. Marrying A Cheap Girl:- If you marry a runs girl you met at the club, or a girl you entice with money to bleep, then you are in for it. Who told you that the leopard changes skin? When she doesn't get what she expects, she would bleep other buoyant men for money. Remember the proverb 'He who brings in ant-ridden woods into his house should not complain when lizards pay him visit.

3. Marrying That Superficial Material Girl Who Does Nothing:- She uses a costly phone, wears designer clothes, wears expensive Colombian hair grin, carries an ipad always, drinks Andre, etc but her family lives in a zinc house. Bros, abeg run. Have you ever reasoned how she acquired all that? She's most likely a har.lot!!!

4. Marrying A Known Cheater:- If you date a girl and she cheats on you of which you are aware of and you still go ahead to marry her, you are no better than the village idi.ot!

5. Marrying A Nymph Who Cannot Hold Herself While You Are Away:- If you try this, someone could be bangin' your wife while you are away at that business conference. You should as well be looking for a very strong rope to hang yourself if you are planning to tie the knot with such a woman.

6. Marrying 'The Girl' Instead of 'The Woman':- Some females are just so childish. A lady who sulks for days whenever both of you have a minor argument is not mature emotionally. A real woman should be able to express her feelings whenever it is necessary to do so.

7. Marrying A 'Spend It All' Lady:- A lady who cannot help her man to save and plan is not worth it. She will eat your future up in the long run and in no time too. One day, she go use your pikin Waec fee take buy Peruvian hair grin

Last Bullet: Any girl wen you buy Z30 for on her birthday, when e reach your turn, she come buy 2 boxers and 1 singlet, make you no ever marry am grin

This thread is dedicated to LaurelP, tosyne2much, Rapsainot. These guys keep it real in the romance section. Before I forget, and Marieolae too; I have forgiven her all her sins. Good morning everyone...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by bigt2(m): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2014
Ok

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 1:31am On Oct 27, 2014
bigt2:
Ok

Is that your surname
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by tosyne2much(m): 1:39am On Oct 27, 2014
What a lovely thread.. Only silly and shallow minded woman wrappers will disagree or condemn this thread

BTW, where you go all this while sef ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 27, 2014
Funny how your post reflects women as second class creatures but that's none of my Business...
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by nkenu(m): 2:32am On Oct 27, 2014
Very good one.
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Truckpusher(m): 3:03am On Oct 27, 2014
Op is very right cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by reaky(m): 3:20am On Oct 27, 2014
Men should listen
At number 1
I have witnessed it's very bad

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by DexxyAlebs(m): 3:38am On Oct 27, 2014
no 7, on point
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 27, 2014
So on point

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by braine(m): 4:47am On Oct 27, 2014
Number 5 is the scariest. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 4:50am On Oct 27, 2014
tosyne2much:
What a lovely thread.. Only silly and shallow minded woman wrappers will disagree or condemn this thread

BTW, where you go all this while sef ?

Thnks bro. I say make I tidy some stuffs first as my browser come dey f-up
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 4:51am On Oct 27, 2014
Aprime:
Funny how your post reflects women as second class creatures but that's none of my Business...

You should be a woman wrapper!

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Mutuwa(m): 5:01am On Oct 27, 2014
Excerpt

After having so much trouble with her husband a woman decided She had had enough and wanted to quit. She went to the village to visit her mother to inform her of her decision.

After much complaining, she told her mum how she wished she had met someone like her dad, as her dad was caring and sweet and they had such a happy marriage.

The mum listened to everything she had to say, expecting her mum to start lecturing her about marriage this and marriage that.The mum told her to go rest since she had traveled a long distance.

''Go and rest my child'', she said ''tomorrow we talk.''

Next morning, when she got up she noticed her mum was up already and tidying up the house for the day. The mum said, please can you help me deliver these crates of egg to my friend on the other side of town while I prepare breakfast for your dad.

The eggs are very fragile so please do be careful. The woman got dressed and carried the crates to run the errand.

Upon her return, "Well", asked her mum,"Did you see the new bridge that was commissioned last week? Did you notice that the roads across the river has now been tarred? So you mean you also did not see the new shopping mall in the city centre?

The woman was embarrassed, and confessed that she had observed nothing. Her only concern had been not to break the eggs that the mum asked her to deliver safely.

"Then go back and observe the marvels of the town", said her mum.

Relieved from the burden of the crates of eggs, she returned to explore the town, this time observing the newly commissioned bridge, the new tarred road across the river and the beautiful shopping mall her mum had told her about.

When she returned she related in excitement everything she had seen. "Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you", her mum said:

"The secret to a successful marriage is to see all the beauty of the person you have married rather than focus on just one fault the person has.

You focused so long on the crates of eggs I gave you that you forgot to look around and marvel at the best of what was around you."

This woman went home with her bags as a new person. Even though her husband did not change, she was able to change her perspective and pay more attention to the good things he was doing.

Marriage is beautiful when beauty is looked for and cultivated.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 5:09am On Oct 27, 2014
Mutuwa:
Excerpt

After having so much trouble with her husband a woman decided She had had enough and wanted to quit. She went to the village to visit her mother to inform her of her decision.

After much complaining, she told her mum how she wished she had met someone like her dad, as her dad was caring and sweet and they had such a happy marriage.

The mum listened to everything she had to say, expecting her mum to start lecturing her about marriage this and marriage that.The mum told her to go rest since she had traveled a long distance.

''Go and rest my child'', she said ''tomorrow we talk.''

Next morning, when she got up she noticed her mum was up already and tidying up the house for the day. The mum said, please can you help me deliver these crates of egg to my friend on the other side of town while I prepare breakfast for your dad.

The eggs are very fragile so please do be careful. The woman got dressed and carried the crates to run the errand.

Upon her return, "Well", asked her mum,"Did you see the new bridge that was commissioned last week? Did you notice that the roads across the river has now been tarred? So you mean you also did not see the new shopping mall in the city centre?

The woman was embarrassed, and confessed that she had observed nothing. Her only concern had been not to break the eggs that the mum asked her to deliver safely.

"Then go back and observe the marvels of the town", said her mum.

Relieved from the burden of the crates of eggs, she returned to explore the town, this time observing the newly commissioned bridge, the new tarred road across the river and the beautiful shopping mall her mum had told her about.

When she returned she related in excitement everything she had seen. "Well, there is only one piece of advice I can give you", her mum said:

"The secret to a successful marriage is to see all the beauty of the person you have married rather than focus on just one fault the person has.

You focused so long on the crates of eggs I gave you that you forgot to look around and marvel at the best of what was around you."

This woman went home with her bags as a new person. Even though her husband did not change, she was able to change her perspective and pay more attention to the good things he was doing.

Marriage is beautiful when beauty is looked for and cultivated.

Avoid mistakes when you can. Gudmorning.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2014
Brothers! Let's that sink in grin
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by timilehing(m): 6:49am On Oct 27, 2014
Plot 16, Nairaland quarters, Nairaland. FOR SALE!!
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2014
Mutuwa:
Nice story there.

Op, nice post but all what you wrote applies to men too.
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by eightsin(m): 7:27am On Oct 27, 2014
Okay sir.. I will take all these n more into consideration. Thank u
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by LaurelP(m): 7:32am On Oct 27, 2014
Rapmoney:
Times without number, over and over again, I have come across so many threads that listed mistakes ladies make when getting married. Unfortunately, those possible mistakes most young men make when getting married have been left out, or should I say neglected? I'm not a marriage counsellor, neither am I a relationship expert. This thread was inspired by careful observations and experiences that some peeps who I know have gone through. Here they are:

1. Marrying A Woman With No Professional or Business Skill:- This mistake is very fatal; that's why it tops the list. Just as no lady wants to marry a guy who has no skill and is jobless, that's how men should avoid marrying a lady who does nothing, has no professional or business skill, not into any trade and not schooling. I wonder what such a lady would be coming to do in the marriage. What would she be bringing? Yes, a man is the bread winner of the family but as he goes out to win the bread, the woman should also go out to win the akara, because when both are mixed together, it makes more sense.

2. Marrying A Cheap Girl:- If you marry a runs girl you met at the club, or a girl you entice with money to bleep, then you are in for it. Who told you that the leopard changes skin? When she doesn't get what she expects, she would bleep other buoyant men for money. Remember the proverb 'He who brings in ant-ridden woods into his house should not complain when lizards pay him visit.

3. Marrying That Superficial Material Girl Who Does Nothing:- She uses a costly phone, wears designer clothes, wears expensive Colombian hair grin, carries an ipad always, drinks Andre, etc but her family lives in a zinc house. Bros, abeg run. Have you ever reasoned how she acquired all that? She's most likely a har.lot!!!

4. Marrying A Known Cheater:- If you date a girl and she cheats on you of which you are aware of and you still go ahead to marry her, you are no better than the village idi.ot!

5. Marrying A Nymph Who Cannot Hold Herself While You Are Away:- If you try this, someone could be bangin' your wife while you are away at that business conference. You should as well be looking for a very strong rope to hang yourself if you are planning to tie the knot with such a woman.

6. Marrying 'The Girl' Instead of 'The Woman':- Some females are just so childish. A lady who sulks for days whenever both of you have a minor argument is not mature emotionally. A real woman should be able to express her feelings whenever it is necessary to do so.

7. Marrying A 'Spend It All' Lady:- A lady who cannot help her man to save and plan is not worth it. She will eat your future up in the long run and in no time too. One day, she go use your pikin Waec fee take buy Peruvian hair grin

Last Bullet: Any girl wen you buy Z30 for on her birthday, when e reach your turn, she come buy 2 boxers and 1 singlet, make you no ever marry am grin

This thread is dedicated to LaurelP, tosyne2much, Rapsainot. These guys keep it real in the romance section. Before I forget, and Mariolae too; I have forgiven her all her sins. Good morning everyone...

*salute*
I hail u baba. U too much

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by cupidora(f): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2014
LaurelP:

*salute*
I hail u baba. U too much
seriously? undecided
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by passionate88: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2014
OK
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by jujutom(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2014
Enjoy Being Single: A Guide On How Not To Cheat… http://just9janewz..com/2014/10/enjoy-being-single-guide-on-how-not-to.html?m=1
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Tallesty1(m): 8:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Rapmoney:

This thread is dedicated to LaurelP, tosyne2much, Rapsainot. These guys keep it real in the romance section. Before I forget, and Mariolae too; I have forgiven her all her sins. Good morning everyone...
God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapsainot(m): 8:44am On Oct 27, 2014
Rapmoney:

aww !!! Thanks bro. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 8:52am On Oct 27, 2014
Tallesty1:
God bless you

God bless bro. You guys keep it real.
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2014
Rapmoney:

GOOD MORNING, BROTHER MAN..
THANKS...
Dats the challenge i have with my HEARTTHROB...
she is very good,but still coming up..
AM currently enrolling her in skills acquisition even as an undergraduate...
MARRIAGE is not EASY...but can be made so when both parties have source of income.
Dats Y ...u see most poor couples xchange ABUSIVE words in the streets, wife battering etc with IMPUNITY..
I
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by marieolae(f): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2014
Lovely thread. But op, which sins have you forgiven lmao undecided?
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2014
U cant xpect a gal to b 100%perfect,u av to overlook sum fault...

1 Like

Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2014
kayciano:
GOOD MORNING, BROTHER MAN..
THANKS...
Dats the challenge i have with my HEARTTHROB...
she is very good,but still coming up..
AM currently enrolling her in skills acquisition even as an undergraduate...
MARRIAGE is not EASY...but can be made so when both parties have source of income.
Dats Y ...u see most poor couples xchange ABUSIVE words in the streets, wife battering etc with IMPUNITY..
I

I think you should make sure she is gainfully engaged in something before you tie the knot. I commend you for taking the bold step to enroll her in a skill acquisition centre. Success!
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by LaurelP(m): 11:22am On Oct 27, 2014
cupidora:
seriously? undecided

What?
Re: 7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married by Rapmoney(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2014
OgidiOlu3:

Nice story there.

Op, nice post but all what you wrote applies to men too.

Yes and I know that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Me: I'm Sexually Attracted To My Sibling / What Does It Mean If Your Girlfriend Keeps Telling You About Guys Toasting Her? / You Can Bash Me If You Like But That's The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.