Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1431896 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
drey22:
yup
reissue or first timer?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Meoos: 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
What's the essence of the NIS website and all the services they said they offer?

Can't these payments be made online to boycott the bottleneck of extortion from NIS officials and other agents?
The link below is actually meant to be used in making the passport applications and subsequent payment.
God help Nigeria!!

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/basicinfo/applied/Tkc%3D/type/sep

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by isaacosas01(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Meoos:
What's the essence of the NIS website and all the services they said they offer?

Can't these payments be made online to boycott the bottleneck of extortion from NIS officials and other agents?
The link below is actually meant to be used in making the passport applications and subsequent payment.
God help Nigeria!!

I actually did all my payment and processing by myself without going through any officer and using the website

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Cmeo(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2017
drey22:
Captured February 10 in Ilorin, collected April 19. 64pages

Did u do the process urself or through their staff? How much does it cost u?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drey22(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Vorpal:

reissue or first timer?
First timer
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drey22(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Cmeo:

Did u do the process urself or through their staff? How much does it cost u?
Staff paid 35k
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
Scholarships:

Please bro, can you recommend anyone for me at Ikoyi? Mine is a bit urgent and I don't know anyone there. Please help a brother sir

Go to abeokuta if it's that urgent.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Meoos: 11:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=isaacosas01 post=55761937]

I actually did all my payment and processing by myself without going through any officer and using the website[/quote

Please I'm really interested. How did you do it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Meoos: 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
isaacosas01:

I actually did all my payment and processing by myself without going through any officer and using the website

Please let me know how you got it done. I'm finding it difficult making payments using any of my cards. Let me have a feedback as as you can. I'm really not in a hurry rather I need to save some cash as I'm doing quite a number of passports both for renewal and new ones for the family.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dcutey: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2017
isaacosas01:

Isaacosa01,please how much did you pay without going through any officer and how long did it take to get the passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Scholarships: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2017
Vorpal:

Go to abeokuta if it's that urgent.
Alright bro, thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
Meoos:

God help Nigeria!!

My brother don't pay money online else its gone forever. No refund. Its normal in NIS to have an officer pushing your application, else it will be dump on one table for too long, even if they process it, this is Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jesufifunmi: 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
cowleg:

My brother don't pay money online else its gone forever. No refund. Its normal in NIS to have an officer pushing your application, else it will be dump on one table for too long, even if they process it, this is Nigeria .

cheesy cheesy cheesy I was just laughing when i saw his post about doing it himself. You go tey grin

I did for my child recently and i basically filled the forms online and made payment. But i still went ahead with paying 15k to an officer, which is the cost for "file carrying". Else they will just dump the file in a bin and that's the end for your passport application cos you can't go and refill another form with the same details online. It is a heartrending situation but that's the country we live in. Hmmmm. You don't even need to appear for an American passport, just pouch the necessary documents at the post office and you'd get your passport within 5days. Naija i hail thee!!!

Me i have lost hope in this country sinceeeeeeeeerreeeee cry

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
jesufifunmi:
cheesy cheesy cheesy I was just laughing when i saw his post about doing it himself. You go tey grin

I did for my child recently and i basically filled the forms online and made payment. But i still went ahead with paying 15k to an officer, which is the cost for "file carrying". Else they will just dump the file in a bin and that's the end for your passport application cos you can't go and refill another form with the same details online. It is a heartrending situation but that's the country we live in. Hmmmm. You don't even need to appear for an American passport, just pouch the necessary documents at the post office and you'd get your passport within 5days. Naija i hail thee!!!

Me i have lost hope in this country sinceeeeeeeeerreeeee cry

Thanks bro Stark reality of how things work in Nigerian. I applied for change of details online, I paid 31900 online. Three months no information or details about my application. I lost that cash. Had to close the file and start again through an officer.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dcutey: 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
The level of corruption going on in the NIS is disheartening and unfortunate even in a seemingly corruption-fighting regime. How long is this going to continue? How long are we going to keep looking and be silent? Isn't there anything that can be done by us to stop this act?
Please let's create awareness and share our stories about the corruption in NIS on our social media accounts especially twitter until something is done. I know people will say we are wasting our time but let's do it all the same before some corrupt people finish Nigeria for us. The same situation with getting a driver's license. Let's take advantage of social media and this whistleblowing season to expose these corrupt government institutions.
One thing is for sure, it will never stop except we stop it.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by stepo707: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
NIS is so corrupt.But I think the issue started when Nigerians out of rushing tried to beat corners and process there making the officers start the business.We Nigerians are the cause of our misfortune

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Macaulish(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
stepo707:
NIS is so corrupt.But I think the issue started when Nigerians out of rushing tried to beat corners and process there making the officers start the business.We Nigerians are the cause of our misfortune

Naso.

Desperate Wants on things has made the Passport Hard to Acquire.

A student can't even walk in to NIS to apply.
Cos
The rate at which he/she will be charge will make such person forget about studying abroad.

#Change has drove us All this Far.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
Pls let take a step. I do we go. Twitter or laid Mohammed page,

[

quote author=dcutey post=55822954]The level of corruption going on in the NIS is disheartening and unfortunate even in a seemingly corruption-fighting regime. How long is this going to continue? How long are we going to keep looking and be silent? Isn't there anything that can be done by us to stop this act?
Please let's create awareness and share our stories about the corruption in NIS on our social media accounts especially twitter until something is done. I know people will say we are wasting our time but let's do it all the same before some corrupt people finish Nigeria for us. The same situation with getting a driver's license. Let's take advantage of social media and this whistleblowing season to expose these corrupt government institutions.
One thing is for sure, it will never stop except we stop it.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2017
Finally oooh!! God punish devil!

NIS una no well.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hayor88(m): 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
Vorpal:
Finally oooh!! God punish devil!

NIS una no well.
Pls wr did u collct urs and wen did u capture
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
hayor88:

Pls wr did u collct urs and wen did u capture

March....Ikoyi.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by michaelbelgium(m): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
collected mine today...God punish devil....abuja...captured in march
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hayor88(m): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Any update at alausa ikeja passport offc
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by seyema(m): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
Atlast, I got it today...... Captured in ibadan since January
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by writemeshyahoo: 7:30am On Apr 25, 2017
captured since Feb 23, yet my contact keep saying no booklet (Festac)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Onyedika11(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Vorpal:

March....Ikoyi.
32 pages Captured March but I haven't gotten mine till today

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.