Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. (19168 Views)

Senate Laments Ban Of Nigeria’s Agric Products By EU / Nigeria Spends N4.62 Trillion On Security In 5 Years, Yet Widespread Insecurity / POLITICS!! Ben Bruce Declares For Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by 007Bruce: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2014
YoungDaNaval:
Who's Ben Bruce? Oh You 007Bruce? Or Bruce Lee?
undecided
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by cooljoe(m): 8:05am On Oct 28, 2014
Odisco2:
What is this I am hearing? Ah! now I see! politics is a reigning investment in Nigeria. I shake head for this country. Oga BRUCE, go and pack money abeg,. You and I know that You are not concern about the welfare of the common people. tell me the truth, You are going for the sole aim of "packing money".

I am still waiting for the beautiful one that is yet to be born...
aw much senate seat wan give am wey e neva c already. Mind u, dis is chairman of d silverbed group - cinema, radio, tv station, et al, dats millions of naira on a daily basis. If to say na gov or presido e comot 4, u fit begin yarn. He's from senatorial district, nd if my vote will count, I'd vote 4 him, xcept of cause my dad decides to contest
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:
Who d Bleep is he. What has he done to improve the live of poor people around him asides orgarnizing beauty pageants. angry
Help me ask am o! He and his family are only concerned about self-enrichment at the detriment of the common man. He is amongst the "super rich" that he so criticises.
He markets young girls for the rich old men, in the name of beauty pageantry. When did he even start going home (to Bayelsa). There are a lot of clowns who think the masses are foolish and myopic.
Mr Murray-Bruce, I wish you all the best. You think Bayelsans are stupid right? Your journey has just begun! Na only suffer you go see. Your money na him you go spend, the senatorial seat you no go see.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by vicadex07(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2014
EmpressaDelRei:

Help me ask am o! He and his family are only concerned about self-enrichment at the detriment of the common man. He is amongst the "super rich" that he so criticises.
He markets young girls for the rich old men, in the name of beauty pageantry. When did he even start going home (to Bayelsa). There are a lot of clowns who think the masses are foolish and myopic.
Mr Murray-Bruce, I wish you all the best. You think Bayelsans are stupid right? Your journey has just begun! Na only suffer you go see. Your money na him you go spend, the senatorial seat you no go see.

I wonder o...its so annoying undecided
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by vicadex07(m): 8:36am On Oct 28, 2014
cooljoe:
aw much senate seat wan give am wey e neva c already. Mind u, dis is chairman of d silverbed group - cinema, radio, tv station, et al, dats millions of naira on a daily basis. If to say na gov or presido e comot 4, u fit begin yarn. He's from senatorial district, nd if my vote will count, I'd vote 4 him, xcept of cause my dad decides to contest

Thank god you say he makes millions daily from silverbird. What impact has that made in the life of poor people in bayelsa? Is it until he reaches a political post before he can influence change? He already has the resources to do that at the moment and he clearly doesn't have the people of bayelsa at heart undecided

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Franchise21(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2014
rocgirl:
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Silverbird
Group, Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, on Monday declared
his intention to represent Bayelsa East Senatorial
District in the National Assembly. With his declaration, Murray-Bruce has the likes of
Senator Barigha Amange, Clever Ikisipo to
contend with for the senatorial seat. Though Murray-Bruce is from Akassa speaking
group of Brass Local Government where the
senatorial seat has been zoned to, Amange
cautioned recently that zoning should not be at
the expense of merit and experience. Ikisipo on his part said there was no zoning in
the Bayelsa East, insisting that there was never a
time stakeholders discussed zoning in the district. Murray-Bruce said if his people believed in him
and support his aspiration, he would ensure he
sponsored bills to tackle poverty in the country. He said, “I am running for the Senate because I
am interested in the laws of our land; I am
interested in making change and I am not
interested in business as usual. “I have always been concerned about the
poverty of the mind, about women who are not
being protected, children who are being raped,
men who are paedophiles, a society where there
is no order, we must bring order to our society. “There are too many poor people living under the
bridge. Nigeria is too rich for people to be poor
and Nigeria is too poor for the super upper class
to be so rich. That has to stop.” He regretted that most wealthy Nigerians were
not paying their taxes, insisting that if they were
paying their taxes, it would be rare to see an
individual having three private jets. He added, “If they pay their taxes, an individual
will not have three private jets and the poor man
on the street will have a chance to make a living.
There is no way I will be a happy seeing my
children go to private school and my staff do not
have their children at school and cannot eat three meals a day. “This society will explode and implode, there will
be violence, there will be mayhem, unless
politicians start thinking rationally.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/murray-bruce-declares-for-senate-laments-widespread-poverty/
Nigerian politicians n their mentality. Must u run for a post before u can help d poor masses? D guy z wealthy n capable of helping out witawt being in a political seat

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by 49cents(m): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2014
Good political move

He intends to spend one term as senator to have political image before running again for governor after dickson's second term that is if Mama Peace is not angry with Dickson as the media suggests
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by cooljoe(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

Thank god you say he makes millions daily from silverbird. What impact has that made in the life of poor people in bayelsa? Is it until he reaches a political post before he can influence change? He already has the resources to do that at the moment and he clearly doesn't have the people of bayelsa at heart undecided
shey silva bed no dey create employment nd platforms 4 pple? Who 4 know Anna Ebere, or Agbani Darego if not 4 dos beauty contests. We ma, we jst like to play d blame game, u urself, we both know ur richer dan plenty pple(d mere fact dat u can access d internet is testament of dat), wat have u don in ur own little way to beta d country or help d poor in ya vicinity
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by femmy2010(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:
Who d Bleep is he. What has he done to improve the live of poor people around him asides orgarnizing beauty pageants. angry

His family has always been a massive employer of Labor.
Heard of defunct Domino stores ?and in recent time,silver bird group?
It is good when people like this comes into politics.
Note - modelling is very much a career and his family has always supported this.

4 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by InvertedHammer: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2014
/

Magic 8 balls says Silverbird building is going down soon for no C of O.

/
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 28, 2014
Odisco2:
What is this I am hearing? Ah! now I see! politics is a reigning investment in Nigeria. I shake head for this country. Oga BRUCE, go and pack money abeg,. You and I know that You are not concern about the welfare of the common people. tell me the truth, You are going for the sole aim of "packing money".

I am still waiting for the beautiful one that is yet to be born...
Even when the beautiful ones appear, u will find it difficult 2 believe in them, because u will be so much blinded by the existence of the ugly ones. Amidst the ugly ones come the few beautiful ones. Dont u know out of a black mud pot comes a white boiled pap?
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by vicadex07(m): 9:12am On Oct 28, 2014
cooljoe:
shey silva bed no dey create employment nd platforms 4 pple? Who 4 know Anna Ebere, or Agbani Darego if not 4 dos beauty contests. We ma, we jst like to play d blame game, u urself, we both know ur richer dan plenty pple(d mere fact dat u can access d internet is testament of dat), wat have u don in ur own little way to beta d country or help d poor in ya vicinity

Politics is quite different from running a business. In politics, you need to show you really care for the people you intend to govern. He is a good business man...agreed, but is he going to make a better politician, I doubt it.

Yes I have internet...and I can afford to buy up all your father's property but am not contesting for any political posts and am not lamenting the poverty of my "people" without making any direct impact in their lives. The beauty pageant he hosts, does he not make money from them? Or are you telling me its a charitable event.

Don't qoute me again unless you have something intelligent to say

2 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by vicadex07(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2014
femmy2010:

His family has always been a massive employer of Labour.
Heard of defunt Domino stores ?and in recent time,silverbird group?
It is good when people like this comes into politics.
Note - Peagentry and modelling is very much a carrier and his family has always supported this.

Running a successful business and being a good politician are two different things.

A successful businessman is always focused on making money at the expense of the masses (have you ever heard of capitalism while a good politician has the best interest of his people at heart even at the expense of his own comfort.

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Orikinla(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2014
Uncle Ben is best as Governor of Bayelsa State and he was cheated out of the primaries by the same PDP's ogas at the top who know that he would have ended their misappropriations of the over N160 billion annual revenue allocation for the state and their billion dollar illegal oil exports.
Uncle Ben is not ready to share the revenue allocations with Abuja, so they don't want him to become governor and turn Bayelsa into the Dubai of Africa. But one fine day, he will be there. Because only the best is good enough for us, therefore we will not settle for less like others.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by cooljoe(m): 9:47am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

Politics is quite different from running a business. In politics, you need to show you really care for the people you intend to govern. He is a good business man...agreed, but is he going to make a better politician, I doubt it.

Yes I have internet...and I can afford to buy up all your father's property but am not contesting for any political posts and am not lamenting the poverty of my "people" without making any direct impact in their lives. The beauty pageant he hosts, does he not make money from them? Or are you telling me its a charitable event.

Don't qoute me again unless you have something intelligent to say
lolz, u can buy up al my fathers property uh, good morning sir dangote. We no talk weda he's a gud politician or not o, wat u was talkin about here is wat he has don to help d pple, me I cum ask u weytin u sef don do to help? Yes he made money outta d beauty pageants, nd dats d best way to do tins, let t b mutually beneficial. If our politicians steal money, nd yet did wat dey r suppose to do, who u tink say go complain? U no even hapi say I dey quote u

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by DIVINE78: 10:02am On Oct 28, 2014
JEITO:
It is either PDP or PDP because there's only one Party in Bayelsa state cool
Because Bayelsan's are like a herd of cattle?
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Vikthor(m): 10:12am On Oct 28, 2014
"Wide spread poverty ehhhhh!....

Hmmmmm..."Story for the gods"
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by femmy2010(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

Running a successful business and being a good politician are two different things.

A successful businessman is always focused on making money at the expense of the masses (have you ever heard of capitalism while a good politician has the best interest of his people at heart even at the expense of his own comfort.

My bruva, Bruce deserve a chance.
There are more reasons for him to vie for a political office than not.

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Employing people in Nigeria is charity? You just reminded me of one day, I was ranting about how some of my uncle's hotel employees are so IDLE during the day, that they hide behind the bar and bbm. And wondering why the hotel manager doesn't break their hours into day and evening shifts, with less staff during the day and more in the evening. And I was vexing that my uncle was wasting money on their salaries when they weren't doing anything to earn them. (In my defense, my uncle had just spoken to my mother about the meager profits at the time, and I was concerned for him).

And then my cousin said, maybe he's hiring them to help them. And I was so shocked by the idea, I couldn't speak.

Maybe I'm too capitalistic. If you want to help people, start a non-profit organization or a charity. Businesses are for making money. I mean, if the business just continues to lose money, it will eventually go out of business, and then none of the employees will have a job! Unless it's going to depend on constant financial input from the owner, then he might as well close the business and just give the money to them directly! I just can't wrap my mind around it.

My point is, hiring people doesn't make this Murray man an altruist. Business (normally) is primarily, first and foremost, about making money.

3 Likes

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by nairaman66(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Wonderlands:
no flex zone

Men I love that song madt!

They know ooO!!
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by JEITO: 10:48am On Oct 28, 2014
DIVINE78:

Because Bayelsan's are like a herd of cattle?
I hav no idea wat you're talking about
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by uzolexis(f): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2014
if i were from Bayelsa state i would vote for him. i think he is more eligible than the other contestants and he should be given a chance.

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Lex1(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

Haba Bros, That too Harsh nau... But the truth though. So my fellow country people make una shine na shocked well well.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Boss13: 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Does he pay his own taxes?
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by DobleO7: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

Whats that? did you care to find out or you are just out to criticize without facts.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by rocgirl: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
So, because Bruce's an astute businessman; hence, he wouldn't make a good politician?
At what century did governance ceased to be one medium through which lives could be touched, massively? Smh.

I wished he vied for the governorship sit though. It would have been a much better role to realise his 'big' ideas and touch lives of Bayelsans--if his intents aren't the sinister loot-the-treasury type shaa.

Either ways, I wish him all the best in his quest to represent his people at the senate. We hope you keep to your promises with the people, Mr. Bruce!

1 Like

Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by shizzleStar: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
This man will surely replicate his succes in business acumen to political excellence if given the opportunity. He will have my vote and i will gladly campaign for him if i was a Bayelsan.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by rosemachi(f): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
rocgirl:
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Silverbird
Group, Mr. Ben Murray-Bruce, on Monday declared
his intention to represent Bayelsa East Senatorial
District in the National Assembly. With his declaration, Murray-Bruce has the likes of
Senator Barigha Amange, Clever Ikisipo to
contend with for the senatorial seat. Though Murray-Bruce is from Akassa speaking
group of Brass Local Government where the
senatorial seat has been zoned to, Amange
cautioned recently that zoning should not be at
the expense of merit and experience. Ikisipo on his part said there was no zoning in
the Bayelsa East, insisting that there was never a
time stakeholders discussed zoning in the district. Murray-Bruce said if his people believed in him
and support his aspiration, he would ensure he
HMMM! POLITICS THE QUICKEST WAY TO MAKE MONEY AFTER ARMED ROBBERY!
sponsored bills to tackle poverty in the country. He said, “I am running for the Senate because I
am interested in the laws of our land; I am
interested in making change and I am not
interested in business as usual. “I have always been concerned about the
poverty of the mind, about women who are not
being protected, children who are being raped,
men who are paedophiles, a society where there
is no order, we must bring order to our society. “There are too many poor people living under the
bridge. Nigeria is too rich for people to be poor
and Nigeria is too poor for the super upper class
to be so rich. That has to stop.” He regretted that most wealthy Nigerians were
not paying their taxes, insisting that if they were
paying their taxes, it would be rare to see an
individual having three private jets. He added, “If they pay their taxes, an individual
will not have three private jets and the poor man
on the street will have a chance to make a living.
There is no way I will be a happy seeing my
children go to private school and my staff do not
have their children at school and cannot eat three meals a day. “This society will explode and implode, there will
be violence, there will be mayhem, unless
politicians start thinking rationally.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/murray-bruce-declares-for-senate-laments-widespread-poverty/
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
diluminati:

thats why i'm asking, because it seems inappropriate for a graduate like you to have nothing to say at that moment's notice, it's really shameful
not everyone on here are learned , talkmore of being graduates .... some just had the opportunity of understanding basics of communicating in english .... the booking space , first to comments folks are actually the " kids " on NL who ought not have had access internet.
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
vicadex07:

government is to be run as a business , a business man has the interest of his customers at heart ... we are supposed to be the govt customers because we generate income via ta , we work on the natural resources to generate revenue ... imagine if a country had no citizens to explore its natural resources .... a capitalist country is usually more success .
Re: Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. by oluwasegun007(m): 12:07am On Oct 29, 2014
Abeg go use the money buy equipments for your Tv station, the picture quality na minus 10...haba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Speaks At Public Consultative Forum In Aso Rock / 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race / 2023 Presidency: Katsina Youths Endorse Saraki In Buhari’s Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.