Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria (1042 Views)

The Problem Of Inter-ethnic Marriage. / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Why is that most parents do not allow their wards to marry who they wish to?
A close study has shown that most Ibo dude LOVE Yoruba girl and vice-versa (I know what am saying), some (ladies) say they find it difficult divorcing their wife no matter what, however not applicable in all cases.

A friend is complaining that the wife complains a lot that the parents refused her from marrying the Ibo dude she wanted to marry because they invited it must be a from a particular tribe, a few days ago, he complained., she called the Ibo guy and it made him mad and went to the parents to allow her go marry the guy because he is fed up with all the cursing and making reference to the guy anytime there is an issue.

After a close look, most parent in my own opinion, do not believe in one Nigeria. I have parents that tell their wards to marry in the same state because it would reduce divorce, some even go to the extent of telling you that family first before anything and they are primordial in our ways. I know of many friends that their parents are against marrying from other tribes.

My own opinion, we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by iceberylin(m): 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
[size=20pt]wāŋţęd ţo māŗŗy ƒŗom yoŗųbā bųţ ţįmį'ş mųm woŋţ lęţ me angry [/size]

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by universe123: 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
Givemejoy:
why is that most parents do not allow their wards to marry who they wish to?
A close study has shown that most Ibo dude LOVE Yoruba girl and vice-versa (I know what am saying), some (ladies) say they find it difficult divorcing their wife no matter what, however not applicable in all cases.

A friend is complaining that the wife complains a lot that the parents refused her from marrying the Ibo dude she wanted to marry because they invited it must be a from a particular tribe, a few days ago, he complained., she called the Ibo guy and it made him mad and went to the parents to allow her go marry the guy because he is fed up with all the cursing and making reference to the guy anytime there is an issue.

After a close look, most parent in my own opinion, do not believe in one Nigeria. I have parents that tell their wards to marry in the same state because it would reduce divorce, some even go to the extent of telling you that family first before anything and they are primordial in our ways. I know of many friends that their parents are against marrying from other tribes.

My own opinion, we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by yorubakid2: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Givemejoy:
[s]Why is that most parents do not allow their wards to marry who they wish to?

My own opinion, we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord[/s]
complete thrash!! let everyone marry from his/her tribe

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by kingDavidda1st(m): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
This is one thing happening in Nigeria that seems abysmal to me. At some point I see why parents say they want their children marrying from the same tribe as theirs maybe because it easier communicating with someone of your tribe, moreover when it comes that of divorce, it's very common in inter-tribal marriages. After this I really don't see anything again.
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by divasXpose: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Givemejoy:

so inspirational..

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
op u can lie o....I ve never seen am ibo man married to a Yoruba lady. the one I ve seen tend to marry from the south.
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
Givemejoy:

my own survey is Yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
Givemejoy:
Op, i hope you know that God forbade the Israelites from marrying from the nations that surround them..

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by mumumugu(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
blessedvisky:
Op, i hope you know that God forbade the Israelites from marrying from the nations that surround them..

leave bible out of this
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
mumumugu:

leave bible out of this
your moniker sef fit you oo.. So didnt you see where the OP sed 'we are all equal before the Lord'??
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 12:31am On Oct 28, 2014
ireneony:
op u can lie o....I ve never seen am ibo man married to a Yoruba lady. the one I ve seen tend to marry from the south.

Peter Okoye of Psquare married a yoruba lady.

1 Like

Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 12:32am On Oct 28, 2014
blessedvisky:

Are you an israelite?
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 11:05am On Oct 28, 2014
jmoore:

Are you an israelite?
lol. My comment was a response to him saying we are all equal before the Lord, but the Lord forbade his own people (jews) from marrying other nations
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by bhaliz44(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2014
Space booked smiley this place is not for sale beware of 419. cool
Re: A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2014
blessedvisky:
lol. My comment was a response to him saying we are all equal before the Lord, but the Lord forbade his own people (jews) from marrying other nations
Are you still living in the old testament, huh? Better wake up.

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Wrong! (pic) / What Are The Essential Ingredients That Keeps Relationship Intact? / For Nairaland Guys.(opinions On Falling In Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.