Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? (1512 Views)

Photos! If You Attended This Traditional Marriage What Would You Have Done. / The Problem Of Inter-ethnic Marriage. / A Case Study Of Inter-triabal Marriage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by confy35(f): 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
I was just thinking about my life today, and I'v come to realise that inter-tribe marriage, most times its not always favourable. One might enter a family where he or she doesn't understand their language not even when they say 'sell her', she might laff over it with them without undstanding what they really meant. Not just because of love only, what if your partner is not around to interprete what they say, or maybe he might under a spell to side his/her partner..like wat do you guys think?
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by mobf: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Aint nothing wrong with inter tribal marriages. The same force that brought you two together should also keep you strong when 'challenges' suffice
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by mkoabiola: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2013
So does it mean if enter inter tribal marriage am wrong .
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by sunnyt1(m): 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Having observed different homes, considered different factors, iv come to the conclusion that its beta to marry frm your place, its jst safer. Im nt saying inter-tribal marriage is nt good o, bt its jst safer to marry frm ur place
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by True2myself24(f): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
^^^
The path of least resistance may be the easiest but it isn't always the best.
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by AZeD1(m): 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2013
Have you ever thought of learning the so called language?
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by AZeD1(m): 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
sunny t: Having observed different homes, considered different factors, iv come to the conclusion that its beta to marry frm your place, its jst safer. Im nt saying inter-tribal marriage is nt good o, bt its jst safer to marry frm ur place
Why should i believe that its safer?
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by buskeske: 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
There is nothing wrong in inter tribal marriage,
I've been in it for 10yrs now and still counting,
And no regret. Try and learn the language.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by CrazyMan(m): 6:10am On Mar 25, 2013
confy35: I was just thinking about my life today, and I'v come to realise that inter-tribe marriage, most times its not always favourable.
Why do you think so?

confy35: One might enter a family where he or she doesn't understand their language not even when they say 'sell her', she might laff over it with them without undstanding what they really meant.
And why must you have this negative mindset that your inlaws wish you bad?

Besides, I believe you guys didn't just wake up one morning and decided to marry each other...you dated each other for a good number of months or years, so there's every possiblity that you're likely to understand at least 60% of his language if you truly love and care about him.

confy35: Not just because of love only, what if your partner is not around to interprete what they say, or maybe he might under a spell to side his/her partner..like wat do you guys think?
That's where socilaziation comes in...when a guy takes you to his house, you must try as much as possible to win the hearts of his family members and siblings. By doing so, you've automatically secured yourself in that relationship or marriage. And believe me, no one would wish you ill.
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by Sub5(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2013
Inter tribal marriage could be worst if one family was not in support of the marriage.
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by confy35(f): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pls why is ds topic not on d fp undecided
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by olayemikaly: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
mobf: Aint nothing wrong with inter tribal marriages. The same force that brought you two together should also keep you strong when 'challenges' suffice

I strongly agree wit u cheesy
mobf: Aint nothing wrong with inter tribal marriages. The same force that brought you two together should also keep you strong when 'challenges' suffice

I strongly agree wit u
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by drnoel: 8:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
is it now a crime 2 learn the language?
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by tpia5: 9:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
I dont know why people want to eat their cake and have it.

If you prefer an intertribal marriage, learn the language of your husband's tribe.

Teach the children what they need to know of their history and culture, unless you want them to not have any culture.

And you cant teach what you dont know, so make it a point to know.
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by juanmiguel: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2013
Kinda confused! My pple want d person from my tribe, y i want d one dat isn't from my tribe cos he understands me more.
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2013
dais absolutely nofin wrong wit inter-tribal marriage...dais no marriage dnt coldnt av failed or succeeded(whether same tribe or diff) al depends on wat u blive in n hw much u re ready 2 invest in2 ur marriage....my parents av bin married 4 ova 26yrs(my dad a typical tiv man n mum a minority tribe frm d north) n yet its bin gr8 having dem as my parents....am sure dey had n still av dai challenges(who on earth doesn't?)...mum nw speaks tiv fluently n dad also speaks her tribe though nt as much as she speak his....n we all understand n speak both tribes....d success of marriage I blive depends on one's mindset....my opinion though
Re: Dangers Of Inter-tribe Marriage-what Do U Think? by Koolking(m): 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
It's a normal thing to do. There is no danger in inter-tribe/interracial marriage.

To me, it's one of the most exciting adventures I want to make...I want to learn cultures entirely different from mine from my partner.

(1) (Reply)

Lies Men Tell Women / Ladies, Will You Go This Far Just To Secure Your Relationship? [PIC] / Romantic Message To My Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.