Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral (798 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Plus Size Lady & Her Man Goes Viral / Am I The World's Most Ugly Woman? / Photo Of An Alhaji Carrying His Girlfriend's Bag Goes Viral On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral by dabrats(f): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
Most women at one point in time have felt unpretty. But one woman has gone ahead to publicly write about her painful experience when her perception of herself were confirmed by people’s abuse and mistreatment.

According to her post on Reddit, “I am an ugly woman. Objectively, I really am. Please don’t argue with me on this one, Reddit. I am not overweight, actually in better shape than most women my age, I dress well, I am great with makeup,” throwmeaway4325 wrote. “But last weekend the world just had to remind me that despite all this, people will go out of their way to kick me.”

From her narrative, she had a night from hell. She had dressed in a tight, sexy dress, and had nicely applied makeup, straightened her hair and stepped out of the house feeling confident and her girlfriends’ reactions to her appearance corroborated the fact that she looked dashing. She knew that their reaction was sincere — girls can always tell. “For once I wasn’t just masquerading as an attractive girl with fancy makeup and clothes, but that I WAS the attractive girl. I hadn’t felt so attractive in ages,” she wrote.

But her self-assurance took a nose dive when she got to the club and was met with one disrespectful person after another. Men leant her friends money for the cover and conveniently didn’t have enough to cover her; a guy who had danced with her was however distracted and was obviously on the lookout for something better the entire time; It got to the point that a photographer asked her to get out of a shot. “For all the effort I had put into looking and feeling good that night, it seemed like it just didn’t matter.”

After posting her personal ordeal, her story went viral with many posting positive and encouraging responses as well as people sharing their experiences. She might have been hurt but it seems her post has helped people as a result. http://chynaduru..com/2014/10/an-ugly-womans-honest-and-painful.html
Re: An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral by naijaboiy: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
eyah embarassed
Re: An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: An 'ugly Woman's' Honest And Painful Response To Being Mistreated Goes Viral by tpia6: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
lord have mercy, its not easy being considered ugly.

so much nastiness from people who consider themselves better off.

but, that's why its important to be close to God sha.

Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.

(1) (Reply)

When A Lady Lie About Her Virginity / So Simple!!! / Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.