Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! (2935 Views)

Jonathan Is Winning Southwest Votes: Is Anyone Doubting This? / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / President Obasanjo's Tenure: A Complete Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Imoy(m): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2014
diluminati:

so far you understood me you idiott!

Haba madamme, I didn't mean to insult u....

I was jst correcting u. Don't be rude.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Orunto: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2014
ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF SUCCESS. GEJ IS ON A MISSION FOR GOD AND MUCH MORE THAN AN ORDINARY SON. HE IS A SUPER SUCCESS FROM NOW TILL ETERNITY AND THAT IS HIS DESTINY IJN.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by dlox147(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2014
harde2lah:

YES!!!
Here is an excerpt:

Fela Anikulapo Kuti vocalized this clear point, regarding all these fancy terminologies as pretty tags for the same armed robbery offence. His words, ‘authority stealing pass armed robbery.’ He continues, ‘if gun steals eighty thousand naira, pen steals two billion naira.’
If you are still confused, let’s define and study these ‘complex’ words with help from the free dictionary online:

Stealing- This is the act of taking someone’s property without obtaining legal permission.

Government corruption - lacking in integrity, debased, putrid, tainted government officials who steal from the public-people’s coffer and betray the people’s trust. This includes giving or taking illegal payments in exchange for favors or influence. It also includes denying people justice.

Stealing, corruption, embezzlement, maladministration are infringements and strong violations of trust.
When government officials are corrupt, they have robbed the people of their due allotment. ‘They have stolen our trust.’ These officials have stolen, not from the national cake, but from the pauper’s loaf. They have dipped their hands into the pocket of every last Nigerian at home and abroad and taken from the pennies contained to enrich themselves. This is done without our consent and legal permission, thus making it stealing.
Hope you understand now
with your last paragraph i believe we are getting somewhere.so tell me what is wrong in Jonathan trying to make that distinction clear All he was trying to say is that, we should hold the individuals responsible for there acts when its clear and the govt too when its a clear case of corruption. Bottom line, don,t blame the govt if Mr A steals rather ask that Mr A is made to pay for his sins....thanks
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2014
dlox147:
with your last paragraph i believe we are getting somewhere.so tell me what is wrong in Jonathan trying to make that distinction clear All he was trying to say is that, we should hold the individuals responsible for there acts when its clear and the govt too when its a clear case of corruption. Bottom line, don,t blame the govt if Mr A steals rather ask that Mr A is made to pay for his sins....thanks
The problem is not really the semantics per se but with the intent/motive with which he said it. That statement was very upsetting. The president made it look as if corruption is not in Nigeria but common stealing when you and i know that Nigeria's oil wealth have been siphoned by these corrupt politheivecians.
Gej said:
“Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat on Sunday.
Was the president trying to say that the N10 billion reportedly spent by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke on hiring private jets is common stealing or the Police Pension scam is not corruption but mere stealing. What about the illegal oil deals, missing $20billion, BMW bullet proof cars? are they mere stealing too? Since the president said "stealing is not corruption", it means we should not expect any serious fight against corruption.
Little wonder, former United State’s Secretary of State in a public interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, lambasted Nigerian government, in her words, “They have squandered their oil wealth, they have allowed corruption to fester and now they are losing control of parts of their territory because they wouldn’t make hard choices” These are not my words. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by dlox147(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2014
harde2lah:

The problem is not really the semantics per se but with the intent/motive with which he said it. That statement was very upsetting. The president made it look as if corruption is not in Nigeria but common stealing when you and i know that Nigeria's oil wealth have been siphoned by these corrupt politheivecians.
Gej said:
“Over 70 percent of what are called corruption, even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies is not corruption, but common stealing. Corruption is perception, not reality,” the President said during his 7th Presidential Media Chat on Sunday.
Was the president trying to say that the N10 billion reportedly spent by the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke on hiring private jets is common stealing or the Police Pension scam is not corruption but mere stealing. What about the illegal oil deals, missing $20billion, BMW bullet proof cars? are they mere stealing too? Since the president said "stealing is not corruption", it means we should not expect any serious fight against corruption.
Little wonder, former United State’s Secretary of State in a public interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts, lambasted Nigerian government, in her words, “They have squandered their oil wealth, they have allowed corruption to fester and now they are losing control of parts of their territory because they wouldn’t make hard choices” These are not my words. I rest my case.

saying 70% means he agrees to at-least 30% of the casses to be corruption cases. He never said Nigeria was free of corruption but that rather this cases were exaggerated. with your level of reasoning i'm sure you agree with him deep down but choose to twist thing s a little maybe cos of party affiliation or something. And as for the the 10billion, this payments were not made directly by our govt nor the ministers office but by complex Joint venture arrangement with NNPC and our IOC, her only problem(for me though) is her alleged abuse of that privilege.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2014
angry
TRANSFORMATION AGENDA
IS GOING ON SUCCESSFUL IN
NIGERIA AS LED BY
PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

1. Petrol from N65 to N97 - in
most other places over N120

2. Kerosene from 50 naira to
120 and above i.e (unofficial
price).

3. Garri from N150 to N260 per
measure

4. Sugar/flour/ beans/ all from N180 to N250 per
measure

5. Electricity charge from
N1,250 to N4000 per month
and yet no light

6. Scarcity of money but
abundantly available for
groups campaigning for the
continuation of the EBELE ill
wind

7. Killings from few
individuals to whole
communities being wiped out

8. Police/ military roadblocks from 1 per 40km to 2 per 3km

9. Crude oil illegal bunkering
from 10,000 barrels to 100,000
barrels stolen per day

10. Industrial strikes by many
organisations

11. Sack of few workers to
thousands of workers

12. WASSCE from 40% failure
to over 70% failure

13. Trust, love and unity
among citizens from much to
zero

14. Stealing in billions of Naira
to billions of DOLLARS or
TRILLIONS of naira

15. Budget implementation
from 40% to less than 20% Per
year

16. Roads from potholes to
huge craters and cut-offs

17. Economy from worse to
greatest in Africa on paper,
but the masses from poor to
poorest

18. Politicians defect from one
party to the other in an
unusual fashion and soldiers
also defect to other countries

19. Transport fares on both air
and road networks have shot
the roof

20. Bribe takings from only
police to soldiers inclusive

21. ATM charges from zero to
N65 per transaction

22. New English phrase called
'Tactical Manoeuvre' when
soldiers are deliberately
dispatched with low grade
weapons to be killed by a well
armed "Boko Haram"

23. Bribery scandal

24. Police pension scam

25. Oduahgate

26. Bart Nnaji NEPA scandal

27. Allison jet scandal

28. Orisajafor $10 million gun
scandal

29. Subsidy scam

30. Immigration death scanda
l
31. Missing $20 billion

32. Handlin boko haram wit
kid glove

33. Election delegate bribe

34. Sheriff/ Ihejirika case, etc. I pledged to Nigeria my
country, to be working,
voting and praying,
to oppose the clueless and the
shoeless man that said 16 is
greater than 19, to vote him out and send him
packing from Aso-rock come
And uphold our honour nd
glory so help me God.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2014
dlox147:
saying 70% means he agrees to at-least 30% of the casses to be corruption cases. He never said Nigeria was free of corruption but that rather this cases were exaggerated. with your level of reasoning i'm sure you agree with him deep down but choose to twist thing s a little maybe cos of party affiliation or something. And as for the the 10billion, this payments were not made directly by our govt nor the ministers office but by complex Joint venture arrangement with NNPC and our IOC, her only problem(for me though) is her alleged abuse of that privilege.
Sorry oo but I don't agree with him and I don't think I am under any obligation to agree because he's the president. I still stand by my stance. That statement is unpresidential. I don't know why you think anybody that does not support/agree with the president must be APC. for the record, I an not affiliated to any party whatsoever. But if you also believe that corruption is perception, not reality as the president had said, then I give up o! Have a nice day Sir!
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Kokorokoo: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Buhari: Expired since 1985
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Kokorokoo: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
Buhari: Expired since 1985
Buhari: Dead on arrival.
Buhari can't even win APC primaries.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
saintgwizard:
corruption/kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/
noun
1.dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
2.the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.
3.the process of decay; putrefaction.

steal/stiːl/
verb
1.take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
2.move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

Stealing is not corruption.
is corruption and stealing a positive effect on the surface area where they are propagated?
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by pacesetter939: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
dlox147:
please is stealing corruption

if stealing doesn't equate corruption to you, what else is?
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by pacesetter939: 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
dlox147:

The situations we have witnessed since the reign of Goodluck Jonathan have been such that when Mr. A (Police Pension Fund), Ms. B (Stella Odua's Bullet Proof BMW) and others are/were accused of corruption, the presidency shields them from persecution. The EFCC & ICPC have become mere shadows of themselves.
May GOD deliver this Nation.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Kingspin(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
And ur successful....
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by henrysam(m): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
ahaika23:
Compare Jonathan to your father, who do you think has FAILED? If you call GEJ a Complete Failure, then who is your father?
A complete slowpoke
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by ashson: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2014
This is getting interesting....

GEJ must go!

GEJ must go!!

GEJ must go!!!
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by ahaika23: 9:26am On Oct 31, 2014
fastpoke, how far?
henrysam:

A complete slowpoke
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by ashson: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
When the government announced that they have reached a cease fire deal with BH and soon Chibok girls will be released.

Conspiracy theorist from the other side said that election is getting closer and GEJ wants to release the girls from where He is hidding them to gain more votes while those from the other side said that why is BH declaring cease fire a day after Buhari's declaration?

Now that we have discovered that there is no cease fire,can you guys now go and INVENT ANOTHER LIE.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by ashson: 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
When the government announced that they have reached a cease fire deal with BH and soon Chibok girls will be released.

Conspiracy theorist from the other side said that election is getting closer and GEJ wants to release the girls from where He is hidding them to gain more votes while those from the other side said that why is BH declaring cease fire a day after Buhari's declaration?

Now that we have discovered that there is no cease fire,can you guys now go and INVENT ANOTHER LIE. angry angry
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by MudRaker: 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
ashson:
JONATHAN IS A COMPLETE FAILURE!

JONATHAN has failed woefully in his tenures and infact everyone knows that even his supporters know that.

He has rather than maintain the peaceful Nigeria he inherited, sponsored "religious" and "ethnic" divide to continue to generate the same "Public sympathy" which brought him into office since 2010.

It is left for the APC to present candidates who can surmount the "tribal" and "religious" divide created by Jonathan.

Basically, Nigerians are not yet sophisticated in their democratic process of choosing their leaders. If the APC can present Presidential candidates that would satisfy the religious and tribal aspirations of the people they would be able to send this calamity out of Aso Rock come 2015.

As for people like us we are only concerned about "Good Governance" and "Zero tolerance to corruption" at all levels whether its a traditionalist that's at the helms of affairs or not.

How much is liar mohammed paying for this crap?
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by MudRaker: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
ashson:
This is getting interesting....

GEJ must go!

GEJ must go!!

GEJ must go!!!

You can waste your vote on Buhari but it is GEJ till 2019 and if una make am vex he will hand over to Stella...

if e no pain you reach u can go and die.

mumu
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by size38: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
A very complete one. GEJ is a complete failure. If GEJ is a product to be sold in the market, I don't think anybody would want to buy GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Adminisher: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
He knows that, stop stating the obvious.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Redstone(m): 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
Complete lies. You only chose to see the negative things that the northerners perpetrate to make him look incompetent. Cast your mind on positive things and you'll appreciate the extent he has gone to keep this country United unlike some almajaris inspired leaders.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by Adminisher: 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
harde2lah:

Sorry oo but I don't agree with him and I don't think I am under any obligation to agree because he's the president. I still stand by my stance. That statement is unpresidential. I don't know why you think anybody that does not support/agree with the president must be APC. for the record, I an not affiliated to any party whatsoever. But if you also believe that corruption is perception, not reality as the president had said, then I give up o! Have a nice day Sir!

Where your president got it wrong is that all the noise about corruption is not on the alleged numerical dollar value of the aggregated accusations but the pervasiveness of the practice. From the airport officials, to the police on the roads pinning a false allegation on you for money, to the lecturers in university asking to sleep with female students for grades... you have 80% of Nigerians engaging in corruption. Where is the country going with that. Go to your president and tell him that you pray that his great grandchildren will live in a country as corrupt as Nigeria is now and he will quickly retract and beg you. You have to be cowardly and clueless as a president to say corruption is over exaggerated. I think both are true of GEJ. He was making the statement to impress godfathers Anenih, Babangida, Arthur Eze and his other masters not us Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by saintgwizard(m): 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=Descartes post=27566643]Agreed in logical context but both go in SIMILTUDE wink angry[/quote

You Right!
Re: Jonathan Is A Complete Failure! by saintgwizard(m): 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
vicadex07:

You'd do anything to support obvious stupidity. From your definition above, stealing is even worse than corruption but your otueke master dismissed it as "ordinary". Ordinary 20billion dollars right? You'll should be hanged

If any one should be hanged is you and your generation for being so consumed by hate that you read every article with a biased mind.

Where in my statement did I insunuate that stealing or corruption is good or any is better than the other?

I only showed that by definition stealing and corruption is not same. Same way a friend once concluded that sleeping on duty was corruption. Because we use knife on both yam and chicken, do we then say "he is killing the yam"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Intelligence Agencies In The World / Blood On Pastor Osibanjos Hands. / One Dead, Houses Razed As Friends Fight Over Girlfriend(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.