Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (484502 Views)

Dinner With The Devil By Repogirl / Happy Birthday, Repogirl / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2014
Okay guys. Let's all take a deep breath and calm down please. We love the story. It's very interesting and we salivate for more yet we get disappointed every time we check it out, I know all that because my hubby is following it too and asks me like a million times per day if she has updated.

But guys, let's not judge the lives of others based on ours. Writers have not only off days but off weeks also. It doesn't mean we're lazy but sometimes, no matter how we try, we're not inspired to write. Besides, we have our own lives to live as well. You all don't know what's going on in our individual lives. Do you know if her hubby or one of her kids is sick? My hubby and I were sick a while back and only a few cared to know. I was rushed to the hospital last night, how many of you know that? So please before we start throwing accusations helter skelter, let's look at things from different perspectives.

The only error I see from her is starting the story without first completing it. I've advised her to have the thread closed till she's through with the story to stop such comments.

Lastly, she has come here a number of times to ask for your patience and understanding. And what really have you guys done to appreciate her? A reader, boladex1 sent me a huge amount of recharge card the other day in appreciation of my story that finished since August. Such gestures are touching. I'm not asking you guys to send her anything, just saying you should all remember you're not paying jack for the story. How many of you are ready to pay for the complete story if she intends not continuing it?

Peace!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by D9ty7(m): 11:13am On Dec 01, 2014
Good one there Audrey Timms.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2014
Repogirl is not on anybody's payroll, even if she takes 5years to complete this, that's her business.

True fans won't come here spewing rubbish, coz they exercise patience lol.

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by D9ty7(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2014
The Queen of the section has spoken, Audrey, HBG, now its time to put behind our differences and keep our fingers on the lock as we await the comeback of Repogirl.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Gibjewel(f): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
Instead of them (complainants) to vent their anger on whatever makes them jobless, they are here ranting and panting on a selfless service she's rendering. Are u guys paying her for entertaining you. If u know u can't be patient with her u can always unfollow and stop littering d thread with your garbage tongue
emhm repogirl, pls take your time, its your story joor. I bliv whatever it is u are going tru, all will be well.
AudreyTimms, how is your health and that of your hubby? Hope u are getting better now. The Lord is your strength.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
D9ty7:
Good one there Audrey Timms.
Thanks dear
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Repogirl is not on anybody's payroll, even if she takes 5years to complete this, that's her business.

True fans won't come here spewing rubbish, coz they exercise patience lol.

HBG! Lol!
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by AudreyTimms(f): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Gibjewel:
Instead of them (complainants) to vent their anger on whatever makes them jobless, they are here ranting and panting on a selfless service she's rendering. Are u guys paying her for entertaining you. If u know u can't be patient with her u can always unfollow and stop littering d thread with your garbage tongue
emhm repogirl, pls take your time, its your story joor. I bliv whatever it is u are going tru, all will be well.
AudreyTimms, how is your health and that of your hubby? Hope u are getting better now. The Lord is your strength.
Hey dear. Been awhile. We're good. Bed rest tinz but I'm okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by stuff46(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
even the settlers are drailinq the thread.

Am just sayinq my own oh.
Patience pays,
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by toykathy(f): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
aww!!! So sorry dearest, hw re u feelin? N hw is ur hubby? I guess ur sickness is due to d triplets playin soccer in ur tummy*winks* jokes asyd, hw is ur health now? Take care of ursef abeg n try ur best 2 lessen ur workload.
Back to d topic, repogirl, I'll like to apologiz on behalf evryone dat has insulted u in one way or d other. Personally I dnt understand why some pple re irrational bt pls dnt mind their attitudes and continue UR STORY weneva u deem fit. May God perfect evrythn dat concerns u and happy new month. Regrds 2 ur family.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Gibjewel post=28497039]Instead of them (complainants) to vent their anger on whatever makes them jobless, they are here ranting and panting on a selfless service she's rendering. Are u guys paying her for entertaining you. If u know u can't be patient with her u can always unfollow and stop littering d thread with your garbage :Wu b diz One...Abeg park well jor,d issue hz bin settled...Learn 2 read 2ru all comments b4 posting. #Peace
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Flakeey(f): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
it is well
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by losprince(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
finally i can wait for an update with peace of mind. who says peace isn't the way..?
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by labimide: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
We should measure our words while trying to broker peace, BTW. I have not said anything disrespectful to anyone on this thread, in fact, this is my first post. However, I felt lectured, talked down to, while reading most of this peacemaking posts. I am not going to quote anyone.

While I may find Repogirl's outburst uncalled for, I deem it understandable on several grounds. She's not being paid, she has every right to post when she's ready and she has been very gracious in all. Plus writing, I mean good writing, more so writing a story, is not very easy.

But which writer does not want a readership. Perhaps one who writes just to ease some burden of talent. The truth is, for most writers, their readers are their main motivation to write more. So, I think readers should be respected and appreciated. And Repogirl has done exceedingly well at this.

Like I said, she has been gracious in all, but, contrary to what we may think, we will be doing her a great disservice if we continue to talk down on the same readers she is working hard at courting.

What we should all do is, cheer her on as she continues to churn out masterpieces to our delight, and help other readers to be patient. We, however, should allow her pick her battle, and I can't emphasize this enough. It's ok to defend a friend behind their back, but doing so while they are present may come across as mere eye service. Besides, it doesn't reflect well on the friend we are defending.

This is an open forum and Repogirl can always see the comment of every reader when she logs in, we should trust her to react as she deems fit. As a reader, I may be able to take some nonsense from the author, because of the service I enjoy, but I don't have to from a fellow reader. And if things eventually fall apart, the author takes the most hit.

A hurt to a reader is a hurt to the author. Please let's take things easy. Life gets easier when appropriate persons are allowed to handle issues. And in all we do, the respect for an individual is very important, writer and readers alike.

Oya, make we kulu tempa.

8 Likes

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by frakdon(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Gibjewel:

For yur mind yu believed, they r jobless, kwi'ya? Next time if the story no complete, make she no put am here, repogirl is married, with a job out here, nd nt on anyone's payroll, then she is nt ready to post a story, its a kinda lesson to her don't start wetin yu no go finish, great story she got here, but this procrastination sef, who say she no fit dey procrastinate in real life tell me say, yu dey happy, with the delay??
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by MhizEnkay(f): 6:06am On Dec 02, 2014
D9ty7:
It still beats my imagination why some readers are so selfish and inconsiderate. Though from my own perspective, I want to believe Repogirl is at fault for not updating for a long time. But hey! The last time I checked, she is not being paid for this.
Everyone has a life outside Nairaland, Repo is married with kids, she has to spend time with her family.
I have just one advice for angry readers who as a result of their anger have become inconsiderate, pick up your pen, write a story, and try posting it online. You'll see how easy it is.
One advice for Repo, take your time to update, I am not a a selfish reader. I will not unfollow the thread, how will I unfollow the thread when my unfollow feature isn't working.
Lets just give her some more time to satisfy us.
Repogirl: please make it snappy and update even if its once in a week.
The readers: patience is the word. Be patient with the young woman, she was not like this for the majority of false pretences. Only a the last few chapter were delayed.
Me just want peace ni o. Don't bash me and don't quote me.
I've quoted you.. Oya beat me.. Lol
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by D9ty7(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2014
Aaaaah! I'll beat u later.
MhizEnkay:
I've quoted you.. Oya beat me.. Lol
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by delepaul(m): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2014
#PeaceInHere #NoMoreWar #BePatient #Pray4Repo...Let's make them trend...
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by nessaluv(f): 9:52am On Dec 02, 2014
Na wa ooo..... All ds long stories jst 4 peace sake

Peace makers abeg e don do, i tink u guys are derailing d thread,at a point sef i t0t she hs updated d story not knowing its still d peace makers making peace...
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by vonn(f): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2014
Well, if you haven't read Audrey Timms story before, then chill out with it as you wait for mummy Repo.

https://www.nairaland.com/1826739/unfulfilled-promises-audrey-timms

If you have read it before.......

REREAD!!!!!!!!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Toeyean1507(f): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
I sincerely hope everytin's fine with Ma'am. D silence is getting longer dan usual. We just need u to come here and tell us everytin's cool.......................kinda worried!
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by waistaa(f): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
@ AUDREY ow far na? Any new storyline?mke I no cry like I did for unfulfilled promises oooooooo.....oshe!
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Ice4jez(m): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen please relax and chill your minds, i spoke with repo last night and after a lot chitchat with her i am here to assure u dat she will be back very soon with more update than u people can chew ---ice4jez says so(blessed re those who dont see yet dey believe)

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by laykhorn(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2014
What else am I supposed to say? Labimide just took those words out of my mind.
I no wan start dey put blame on top people head anymore. I also complained but in a subtle and elusive manner.
#CalmFrayedNerves
Shoutout to Repogirl, Abeg sister, no vex at all.AudreyTimms, people are really shouting about this your thread ermmm I hope it meets my standard, else.... I dont spare writers o
drop the link

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by olamopol(f): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Audrey Timms when I got to about page 25 of ur story I realized all the updates have beem removed! Is dere smwere else I caan read it.....
vonn:
Well, if you haven't read Audrey Timms story before, then chill out with it as you wait for mummy Repo.

https://www.nairaland.com/1826739/unfulfilled-promises-audrey-timms

If you have read it before.......

REREAD!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
CHAPTER 06

ELEVEN YEARS AGO

“Ah! Oga Mope, how I dey?” Aliyu greeted on opening the gate for Mofe to go into the compound. “I get work I go do for house today?”

“No Aliyu, I’m here to see Ezinne.” He replied, he had to be somewhere soon so this meeting would be brief but he was still feeling good that he could see her for just a few minutes.

The gateman raised a brow “S’mall Madam?” He asked to be sure as if there was some other madam anywhere.

“Yes,” He replied trying not to let his irritation show.

“Oga Mope, I get something I wan’ gip am?” he asked again, his eyes going to his laptop backpack on his back.

“ Aliyu, why all these questions?” He snapped, when had he become Ezinne’s personal bodyguard to be quizzing him this way?

“Sorry Oga Mope, make I no vex. I just wan know na why I ask, make I call go call am?” He apologized quickly, about making for the main house but Mofe signaled him to return.

“No need, she’s coming already,” He pointed, seeing Ezinne walking down in a yellow tank top and jean shorts, showing off her smooth creamy legs. She was expecting him as he had called her before coming over. He needed her to approve the new splash screen he had designed for her.

This wasn’t the first time they would be hanging out, working on her project but Mofe knew Aliyu was just being nosy, trying to figure what business he had with the General’s daughter that had them meeting quite often these days. Well too bad, but he didn’t plan on telling him anything, it wasn’t exactly his business anyway.

Ezinne broke into a dazzling smile on seeing him and he unconsciously let loose his own dentition, she was breath taking as usual, long hair blowing lightly in the light breeze as she came towards him.

“Hi Mofe, come, let’s go to the back.” She told him leading the way to the gazebo behind the house.

“Alright,” he said giving the nosy Aliyu who was watching them, a last look before following.

It had been a week since he had begun work on her project and everyday they found some time to meet in order to go through the changes he had made. Her project was the design and implementation of an online student result management system for secondary schools. So far she had been open to the corrections he had made to her work. Her research and the materials she had provided were really good and he was using the information to make her design more efficient and less bulky. He had reduced her twelve modules she had created into just five, it was less complicated and people would find it easy to learn and use.

“So, I wanted to ask,” he began as they were at the gazebo now, she sat on the bench while he took the space beside her, opening his back pack to retrieve the notebook PC. “Is it that when a teacher records a student’s score for an assignment or a test, the report goes straight to the parent’s account?”

She nodded “Yeah, that was how I designed it.”

“Okay…. But don’t you think it would be bulky and annoying receiving one’s kids reports everyday?”

“Annoying?” She asked bursting into a laugh at the unexpected question “I just imagined the parents being really interested in their kid’s school work, I didn’t look at it that way……. But thinking about it now, I think you have a point, it could really become annoying receiving alerts for every school work.” She had a thoughtful look now, even though the smile was still on her lips.

“Yeah,” he was smiling without even knowing it, he loved the sound of her laughter “so instead, can we make these reports weekly? The system will compile the weekly results from tests, classwork and home assignments for the week and then send it to their parents at the end of the week, Friday?”

“hmmm,” she inclined her head to the side, still in thought, she didn’t think for long “Sounds good, I think. I hadn’t considered that at all, no wonder they call you Bill Gates, you do try to cover everything, don’t you?”

He shrugged, the compliment doing wonders to his mind but he kept a straight face, “Well, I do try to impress.”

She rewarded his modesty with a heart wrenching smile, her eyes dancing mischievously, “so you redesigned my splash screen, I still think mine would look better.”

He laughed, wait till she saw what he’d done with the splash screen “Lets hope you’ll still feel that way about yours after you see mine,” he said, opening the documents folder and retrieving the splash screen he’d just designed that morning. He was really confident she would prefer his, hers had been quite boring but he wouldn’t tell her that to her face.

“Wow,” She whispered, “it looks …” flashing him an awed glance before looking back at the screen, her large eyes growing even larger, “it looks so good, much better than anything I had in mind, where did you get these pictures?”

“Duh? Free stock photos of course,” He joked and she playfully punched him on the arm, it happened reflexively and she didn’t even know what she’d just done but Mofe knew. In the one week they had worked together she had been nothing less than friendly, smiled when he joked but this was the first time she was initiating playful body contact as she’d just done, it was a little gesture but for him it was a lot. It gave him some hope that maybe, just maybe there might be a chance for true friendship between them, not just work bringing them together.
He watched her silently as she studied the design on the screen, taking in the tiny details of her face, the perfectly arched eyebrows, large brown eyes slightly tilted up at the corners, framed by long dark lashes, an aquiline nose, slightly long but delicately flared at the nostrils, her
lips unconsciously parted as she stared awe struck at the laptop screen, then the curve of her slender neck and the way her long dark hair, draped down, lightly caressing her shoulders.

He shook himself, ‘Mofe, you are one overly whipped sucker,’ he told himself snapping back to reality.

She turned to him, her eyes shining with pleasure “I love it! Seriously, I should just leave you to handle everything, because you sure do know what you’re doing.”

He smiled again, feeling good at her positive response and approval of his work, if only she knew how long and hard he had worked to get it all looking this good. His cousin, Eric had been disapproving, he didn’t understand why Mofe wasted his time helping her because he felt Ezinne wouldn’t appreciate his time he was putting into it. Eric didn’t know Ezinne the way he did, what he and everyone saw was just her flashy exterior. Mofe had seen some glimpses of the inner her and what he’d seen only deepened his feelings for her. She was quite spoiled but she wasn’t the bratty diva type, he knew.

She did appreciate his work and never missed a chance in telling him how she felt.

“What’s that on your wrist?” She suddenly asked pointing to the dark patch of skin on his right hand that he’d been born with.
“Err.. it’s a birth mark.” He replied, looking down at the ugly looking scar.

“Wow, it looks like a burn scar.”

“Yeah, it’s a family thing.”

She then looked up at him with another of her smiles “Well, guess you’re not all that perfect after all.”

He would have laughed at the joke, if he hadn’t been taken aback by it, she actually thought him perfect, did that mean she found him attractive? He couldn’t ponder much on the thought as they were interrupted by some commotion at the gates dragged both their attention.
He heard a male’s voice, yelling at the top of his lungs some obscenities that one should really not call out in public, he saw Ezinne shake her head and he had a feeling of who it might be, her boyfriend.

“Your boyfriend?” He ventured.

“Ex!” She corrected him quickly, “ex boyfriend.”

She got up, “Well, I guess that’s it for today,”

“Yeah,” He said a bit saddened at the thought of leaving, he wouldn’t have minded secretly ogling her some more but he began putting his things together.

The boyfriend was yelling at the gate, probably at poor nosy Aliyu.

“Please excuse me, I need to take care of this,” She said rushing off in the direction of the gate, he didn’t blame her, the ex sounded royally pissed and if he wasn’t calmed soon, Aliyu and his gate might not be enough to keep him out.

‘What did she have to do, for Ekene to get it she was over and done with him?’ Ezinne wondered as she hurried down to the front gate before Ekene unleashed his frustration on poor Aliyu whom she had instructed since the past week not to let him in at any time. The poor security man had done his job well so far as this wasn’t the first time Ekene had been at her house since the break up.
Aliyu was out side the gate house, standing beside the locked gate with a helpless look on his features as Ekene hauled insults and derogatory remarks his way, Ezinne intervened.

“Yes, Ekene, What do you want here?” She asked. She couldn’t see him as the gates were large and between them. There was a small peephole and Aliyu was standing beside it, not that she needed to look at who she was talking to anyway.

“Baby, Ezinne, please let me come in, it’s been a week now, haven’t you calmed down a bit? I am really sorry babe, I regret my actions, why don’t we just move on from this, it will never happen again, I promise you.”

She didn’t believe him one bit, he had comfortably cheated on her for a long time, he wasn’t going to drop it all just because she’d caught him. He would only be more careful.

“What are you sorry about, Kene? That you got caught? Please just leave, there’s no point in you being here, we are done!”

“Baby, please …. please let me in and let’s talk it over, please now?”

“Not happening Ekene, I have nothing to say, just go!”

“I am not leaving here today until you open this gate! I will camp out here if I have to!”

“Okay, well it’s obvious you’re jobless, suit yourself please!” She told him, turning to go back in the house only to bump into the hard mass that was Mofe’s chest. She hadn’t known he’d been just behind her, his hands came up to her shoulders, steadying her. She had totally forgotten him, how was he going to leave with Ekene out there?

“Sorry, you okay?” He asked as he dropped his hands.

“yeah,” She muttered now steadied.

“How am I going to leave without him coming in?” He asked no one in particular, looking at the locked gate.

She groaned knowing there was no way around it, Ekene was in luck today, and finally he would get what he desired.

“Guess he’s going to be coming in then,” she said resignedly.

“I could hang around for a bit……” He began but she cut him off.

“No, please, I can’t keep you longer than necessary because I don’t want to see him, I always knew sooner or later I would have to face him, guess that day is today after all,” She sighed, shaking her head “Lord help me,”

She walked to the gate, “Aliyu, open it,”

A perplexed Aliyu did as he was told, unlocking it and pulling it open for her. Stepping outside, she saw Ekene with his back resting on his car, arms folded and looking none too pleased. He jumped off the car on seeing her, taking off his ray bans as if the glasses were making him see unreal things.

“Ezinne… princess,” he rushed toward her arms outstretched like he was coming for a hug.
Was he out of his mind, she stretched a hand holding him off “Are you for real? You expect me to give you a hug?”

“I …. I just thought since you opened the gate, maybe you had reconsidered.” He stammered.

Ezinne couldn’t believe this guy

“Reconsider what? Ekene, I came out here to tell you to your face that we are done, get it? We are done, or should I go slower so you can read my lips?”

“Ezinne, you and I can’t ever be done, I admit what I did was wrong but why can’t you forgive me?”

“Forgive you?” She gasped “I knew there was something off for months, but you kept lying to cover up your tracks and kept on with your girlfriends. You had enough time to end those relationships without me ever finding out, but it had to take me finding out before you decide to change. I don’t buy it, Ekene, you don’t fool me at all.”

Mofe had just come through the gate and was making his way to where he stayed next door, when Ekene’s gaze trailed him.

“Who’s that?” he asked her

“Are you even listening to me, Kene?” She raised her voice appalled at him

“I said who is he?” he raised his voice now also “Is he the one you are creeping with now, my replacement?”

Ezinne frowned confused at how he could have even thought about something like that “What are you talking about?”

“Who was the guy who just left your house, is he the reason you’ve been so headstrong?”

“You know what? There’s just no point with you, you wrote the book on creeping around, so I’m sure you know everything there is to know on the subject. I don’t have the time or patience for this rubbish!” She spat turning around, leaving for the house, when he grabbed her arm tightly, pulling her back a bit roughly.

“Owww,” she complained. “What are you doing?”

“You are not going anywhere till you tell me who he is!” Ekene ordered.

“Oga Ekene, abeg, make I leap s’mall madam hand-“

“Will you shut up?”

Aliyu gulped shutting up. Ezinne had had enough of this nonsense, she tried jerking her arm but he held on even tighter now really hurting her.

“Owww, Ekene you’re hurting me,”

“You aren’t leaving until you tell me what that guy was here for?”

“Don’t you know him? That’s Mofe, the guy who does stuff around the house, now leave my hand, you brute!”

Ekene was still holding on, looking her in the eye like she might be lying when to her surprise she saw Mofe, coming out of his gate and toward them.

“ The lady asked you to leave her arm,” He said with a deceptive calmness, she could see in his deep set eyes that he was far from calm. Why had he returned? She didn’t need this. These boys would come to blows right then if this wasn’t handled immediately.

Ekene left her arm and turned on him, stepping forward, he asked “And what concerns you with how I hold my girlfriend’s arm, aren’t you just the paid washman who washes the cars?”

Ezinne saw something flash in his eyes and she knew she had to step in immediately, if a fight broke out between the two guys, it would definitely be in favour of Mofe who was tall and had the build of a formidable wrestler. Ekene was a rich boy who didn’t have much experience in brawls, she doubted his six foot lanky frame would hold up against Mofe’s six foot seven lean and perfectly toned muscled one.

“Ex girlfriend,” She stated clearly to Ekene before turning to Mofe “It’s okay Mofe, I’ll be fine,”

“You’re sure?” He had an unreadable expression on his face, but his eyes spelt anger, she had never seen such a look on him before and it was downright scary.

She nodded and he took his leave but not without a last glance at Ekene, a warning glance.

“I wasn’t aware you now had a watch dog, tell me, where is his leash?” Ekene said to her when he had left.

She took a step closer to him, narrowing her hers and pointing a finger at him, noticing the angry welts that were beginning to form on her hand where he’d held on too tightly. “ The next time you hold me that way, I will have Aliyu bring out one of my father’s guns and use it on you!”

“Oh please,” he scoffed. “No need for melodrama!”

“You think I’m being dramatic, or joking? Just try it again and see!” She told him about to leave when he spoke again.

“Speaking of your father, if you keep acting up this way, I’m going to have to let him know about your attitude.”

“Really?” she raised a brow holding his eyes, now he thought he could threaten her by going over her head, to her father. “Please don’t leave out the part where you carry other girls around because if you do, I won’t,” she said making for the gates.

“Ezinne, please don’t be like this,” He called behind her. “Why can’t you just forgive me and let us move on from it?”

“Because I’m no fool, that’s why, Good day Ekene!” she told him going into the compound.

He didn’t call her back this time, she hoped he’d finally gotten the picture.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 4:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
PRESENT DAY

Mofe couldn’t recall the last time he’d done such tasking physical labour, probably not since he’d left the country ten years back . Maureen had taken him around the place and he had noted all the repairs that needed to be made. It would take quite a substantial amount putting the place together, it could be done and would be done but first he’d had to get the power back on as it had been switched off because of the burnt wires. It had taken him and Gabriel about three hours but they were done now. He stood back admiring his work, briefly recalling back when he’d done work like that for a fee. It seemed like ages ago now, who would have thought he’d become this CEO who didn’t get his hands dirty anymore?

Not wanting Ezinne to be in the dark that night, he had sent his driver Gabriel who also doubled as his personal security, on an errand to get supplies from the closest supply market. The big guy hadn’t been exactly sure at first what his boss had in mind but he had gone on with the directive as he had no choice but to follow orders. They had both worked on the mains together and now, all he wanted to do was get to his hotel suite, take a bath and snooze till further notice.

He’d taken a brief break to have a video conference meeting with Jared the regional director and Haruna from corporate communications department of the company, they handled everything to do with Public relations. It had been more of an order than a meeting, where he had ordered that they include the centre on the list of charity organizations they sponsored and that the event be widely publicized, therefore they were to bring in the press, television, print coverage, even radio possibly, making it a very public event.

Glancing at the wristwatch, he saw it was six thirty pm, he straightened up, it was time to leave. He would have done so quietly but as he turned he saw Ezinne making her way over, assisted by Maureen who had her handbag in hand, it seemed there were done for the day.
He walked down to them “I was just about leaving, I just finished with the mains, and power is back up now, Madam.” He said politely, the madam sounding foreign every time he said it.

“Thank you Mr. Stevens but before you leave, I’d like to have a conversation with you inside, please.” Ezinne said her voice low and very serious that even Maureen glanced at her.

“Okay,” he replied

“Maureen goodnight,” She said dismissively. “We’ll see tomorrow?”

“Yes ma, good night, good night Mr. Stevens,” Maureen called out to him as she left and he nodded a reply.

“May I?” He asked taking over from Maureen, she didn’t protest, so he took her elbow lightly and led her into her house.

Earlier when Maureen had been showing him around, he had inquired as to how Ezinne had lost her sight and she had told him Ezinne had been in an auto crash years back, it had claimed the life of her husband and she’d lost her eyesight. Her daughter hadn’t been with them.

He’d already suspected she’d been in some sort of accident when he’d seen the faint lines on the side of her face but the story had still been shocking. So that was how she had lost Ekene, he hadn’t liked the guy but still, it was a gruesome way to die.

“So you got the power up yourself?” She asked now taking the lead and leading him into the kitchen. It was dark and she reflexively reached out to the switch on the wall, turning on the lights in the room.

“Yes, I did. I had some help from my driver of course, between the both of us, we got it working again.”

“Thank you very much; although it’s quite useless to me, I don’t need the lights but I guess my friend, Rachel would be very grateful. Please have a seat.” She gestured at the dinner table in the centre of the room.

He took a chair and sat.

Can I offer you something?” She had opened the fridge; he could see an assortment of canned drinks. “I’ve got coke, Malt and water.”

“Water would be fine.” He said and she got out a bottle for him, taking a can of malt for herself.
He wondered for a brief second how she’d differentiated between the malt and coke cans, they were similar. “How could you tell the difference between the malt can and the coke?” He had to ask.

Smiling, she showed him the braille label under the can, Mofe looked over the dots, not understanding what it meant but he could understand now how she could tell the difference.

“I have a braille label maker and I painstakingly label everything or Rachel and my daughter,” She paused her sentence “Azora help me with it.” She took the chair next to his and sat down.

“Rachel is a friend and she lives here?” he asked opening his bottle of water and taking a gulp from it directly, ignoring the glass cups on the tray in the centre of the table.

“Yes, she’s my friend and business partner, her mother used to run the place, she started the school…. “ her voice trailed off before she continued again changing the topic entirely. “Mr. Stevens, our interview was cut short this afternoon. I’m sorry about that, I’m also sorry about how I spoke to you earlier, accusing you to be someone else….it’s just…. as you can see, I can’t exactly see and it can be frustrating at times. Your voice reminds me so much of someone I once knew and for a while I thought he was you but I guess I’m mixing things up.”

Mofe’s eyes narrowed as he wondered what she where this was leading.

“So, do you need to conclude the interview?” She asked as she poured the drink into a glass cup she’d picked up. He would have offered to help but she was doing well on her own, not a drop was spilled.

“Errr, Maureen gave me a tour of the place and I got enough material for the story.”

“Okay, good. Anyway I got a curious call from Tech Bits Technologies just as I was about to close up for the day. I still wonder if it’s a scam or something,”

On hearing that, the temperature in the room seemed to drop, he hadn’t known Jared would call her so quickly, he’d told him to proceed quickly on it but he hadn’t expected him to have done it this quickly.

“What was the call about?” he asked trying to sound normal.

Eyes behind dark gasses as usual, she looked up at him, like a poker player her expression unreadable, and then she smiled, her mouth turning up at the tip in a knowing look. The sudden change in her expression got him more uncomfortable.

“Don’t act like you don’t know, Stevens. I might not be a genius but I can piece things together, out of the blue a Multinational company calls me up offering to partner with my little unknown rehab centre, asking to support the work I’m doing in any way they can. It’s a dream come true, and this happening on the same day that my house is almost razed by fire with some reporter breathing down my neck that I have to make repairs.

I don’t believe in co incidences Stevens, and even if I did, this is just too much of a coincidence. ”

Mofe shifted in his seat trying to find a more comfortable position, what was she hinting at, had she found him out? She was blind but if she’d had someone check out Tech Bits Technologies on the internet, they could have gotten his profile, along with his picture. They would confirm, he wasn’t who he said he was.

She continued “I believe you had something to do with all this, didn’t you?”

So she knew something, but he needed to know what it was that she knew.

“Why are you so sure I know something?”

“Come on, I wasn’t born yesterday, just confirm to me that you did have something to do with it. Even if you don’t, I’ll still know you did.”

He sighed, he had to come up with a new lie “Yeah, I had something to do with it,”

She raised a brow in an ‘I’m not surprised’ look.

“The regional director for their West Africa branch is a friend and I talked to him about it. Their company is into support of similar projects like yours, so I had a feeling they would be interested.”

“And you didn’t think to tell me this before calling them?”

“I… just didn’t want to…to lift your hopes up for nothing incase they declined.”

She sat back in her chair “I’m still in shock of it all, I was so close to closing up the place and now this? With financial backing like this from such a big company, I can be open for a long time, years- Okay I don’t really want to jump to conclusions because I don’t really know how much they plan on doling out to the school but a big corporation like that, I suspect its going to be quite substantial,”

He couldn’t help the small smile that tugged on his lip, she was obviously so excited and only managing to hold herself together. He watched this mature Ezinne who must carry so much on her shoulders, gone was the carefree girl who’d had the world at her finger tips. He wasn’t feeling sorry for her, no way, he still felt that anger and bitterness that had driven him all these years but then he had to admit that he liked this selfless project she had embarked on and it would be wicked of him not to help out when he had the means.

Plus he couldn’t bear the thought of her and his ‘might be’ daughter’s continuous stay in this building that was surely destined to fall apart soon.

“Are you an angel, Stevens?” she asked suddenly, expecting an answer from him.

His head jerked up, caught by surprise and not sure how to answer the question, he was no angel, matter of fact he was her worst nightmare come to pass. If she knew who he really was and his true agenda, she wouldn’t let him ten feet near her.

“Madam…” he began, clearing his suddenly dry throat “I’m just a concerned party who has seen everything that goes on in here and was impressed that you help these people for nothing in return, I didn’t do much really, you are the one doing all the work here..”

“You can be modest all you want but to me, you are an angel.” She said to him before letting out a huge, pent up sigh “Phew, now I can sleep well at night…… Mr Stevens, I seriously do not know how to thank you for your help, is there anything I can do at all to repay you?”

“Errr….no …” He began declining her offer when he heard the front door open and footsteps came in, he hoped for a fleeting moment that it was the little girl returning. He hadn’t seen her all day and he’d been secretly longing to.

“Who’s there?” Ezinne called out.

“Sweetie!” Came a male voice, just before the visitor came into the kitchen.

Mofe frowned taking the visitor in calmly, both their eyes meeting and holding and in that first second, Mofe decided he didn’t like him. He wasn’t sure if it was the man’s eyes, but Mofe had a feeling about him. The man was quite tall, about six feet one, light skinned with a beefy stature. He wasn’t fat but was hovering around it the way his slightly rounded belly pushed at the buttons of his overly bright and overly tight shirt and his fleshy arms filled its sleeves. The jeans snuggly fitted his thick thighs and quite flared at the bottoms reminding Mofe of those Macosa dancers who dyed their hair yellow or some odd colour.

The stranger seemed quite surprised at his own presence also for he looked at him questioningly.

“Emeka?” Ezinne turned toward the doorway where the Emeka stood watching him. “So its now you choose to come? I called you since
afternoon that the house almost got burnt to the ground and its now that you chose to come?”
Seeing Ezinne was annoyed with him, he lost interest in Mofe.

“Oh ….Ezinne…Baby, you know how tight my schedule is, I was tied up with work, I only just got free this evening… believe me, I would have come sooner if I could.”

Mofe watched silently as the man stooped slightly to put an arm around her shoulder, but when he made to kiss her on the lip, Mofe reflexively stiffened. Ezinne turned her face to the side, thereby making the man’s kiss fall on her cheek and Mofe felt a strange relief wash over him, realizing that he’d unconsciously balled his hands into fists.

“Yeah, I guess your schedule opened up when I told you about the new sponsorship deal? You haven’t come over in weeks until I mentioned this deal to you this evening and before you know it, you are here in thirty minutes.”

“Baby, I’ve told you I was sorry, we’ll talk about it later, ok? First can you introduce me to your visitor?”

“Emeka, this is Moji Stevens, he is a freelance journalist and he was the one who got us the deal with Tech Bits. Mr. Stevens,this is Emeka my business manager and fiancée.”

“Hi,” Mofe said aloof. Still sitting back lazily in his sit, not bothering to offer the man a handshake, Emeka didn’t either, the both of them assessing each other.

“Freelance journalist?” Emeka asked more to himself than anyone else “I fee like I’ve seen your face somewhere.”
Mofe’s heart missed a beat, it was possible he had seen him somewhere, probably on television or the newspapers, whichever it was, he decided it was time to hightail it out once again before the guy remembered.

Mofe tried a light shrug, feigning nonchalance “You might have come across some of my stories in the papers.”

Emeka nodded but Mofe could tell he wasn’t convinced. Well that feeing went both ways, what sort of fiancée didn’t show up when the woman he claims to love’s house almost burns down but shows up when she tells him she’s received sponsorship for her work, not suspicious at all, he thought wryly.

It was too bad she was blind because the Ezinne he knew would have never given this sleaze ball a first glance not to talk of being his fiancée.
Getting up from his seat, he decided he needed to give the ‘love birds’ some space to work out their differences.

“Alright Madam, I need to be off now.”

“Alright Mr. Stevens, thanks for everything today, I hope this isn’t the last we’ll hear from you?”

He had to smile, not by a long shot, she didn’t know it yet but his business was only just beginning where she was concerned, he had a foot firmly wedged in the door now, he’d gained her confidence. He was one step closer to know who the father of her child was.

The sleaze ball was watching him without saying a word, maybe trying to figure what his real game was. Mofe could do her another favour by getting him out of her life for good. A glance at his gold neck chain and wristwatch made Mofe suspect Emeka could be dipping his fingers into the coffers of rehab centre. It was just a suspicion and might not even be true, but he didn’t trust the guy.

“I’ll try visiting once in a while, Madam but I have to travel for a few days. Maybe when I return?”

“Yes please, do come see us then.” Ezinne said all smiles.

For a second he was held back by her dimpled cheeks, they held him spell bound as he had a flash of the younger Ezinne, always with a ready
laugh; his fingers itched to caress her smooth skin, to run them down the side of her face where the scars were faint.

As if reading his mind, Emeka pulled Ezinne even closer to himself as if establishing possession of his property and Mofe returned to reality, hating himself for letting himself feel slightly those feelings that he had told himself were long buried. Ezinne was past, there was no chance in hell ever again for them, he reminded himself. Eve was his future now.

Muttering a gruff reply, he left their presence, he’d had a long day, that was possibly also affecting him. He needed a rest but just as left the front door, he ran into the little girl he’d been longing to see, she was with some other lady whom he guessed might be Rachel.

“Hello?” Rachel said first.

Mofe could tell easily that she was of mixed race, her light complexion and facial features were easy to decipher that one parent had been Caucasian and the other Africa. She was a petite lady, not more than five feet five and probably in her mid thirties..

“Hi, I’m err Mo..ji Stevens,” He dragged the ‘Mo’ catching himself in time, he’d been about to say his real name.

“Oh?” She smiled, her features brightening “you’re the journalist? Maureen couldn’t stop taking about you this morning. She didn’t mention you had the looks of a model Greek god, though,” she joked drawing an unexpected chuckle from him. This one definitely spoke her mind.

“I’m Rachel, Ezinne probably mentioned me? Her business partner.”

“Yes, she did,” He replied his eyes going down to the girl whose hand was in the older woman’s. He smiled at her, stooping a little, so he was slightly closer to her height, he extended a hand to her, which she accepted. “Hi there, and what’s your name?”

“Azora,” She replied quietly

“Azora,” he replied, thinking what a beautiful name it was “I’m MJ, nice to meet you,”
She raised her eyes and then with his face only a few inches apart, he was so damn sure she was his, there was a resemblance, it couldn’t be
his mind playing tricks on him.

Shaking her hand one last time playfully, he was about to let go when he looked down and what he saw paralyzed him to the spot. There on her right arm, close to her wrist was a dark patch on her skin, very similar looking to his and on the same spot exactly, it was the family birth mark.

He looked up at her and then Rachel, then back to her knowing he had to leave there before he gave something away. Forcing his mouth to mutter something he left them, making his way to where Gabriel waited for him patiently in the SUV, he got in and sat quietly in the back seat.
Thoughts were flying through his mind, in discordant motion, at first unclear but as he thought about it more, he began to get a clear picture and understand that there was no doubt about it, Azora was his.

Realizing this, he was all at once freed from his confusion; instead another feeing took its place as hot blood rushed through his veins and he felt his heart pounding, Fury!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Halimah0: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
Finally!!
Thnk Ʊ
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by stuff46(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
i won't say much.

This story worts the time wastinq so we will always be here.
Aunty well done
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
This is definitely worth the wait..
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Alicapapaya(f): 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Wow!!! Welcome back ripogirl. It was worth the wait. God bless you.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by ohnyeestephen(f): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2014
weelcome back aunty repo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (54) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Diary Of A Broke Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.