Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (484279 Views)

Dinner With The Devil By Repogirl / Happy Birthday, Repogirl / FAAD: Forever And A Day (episode 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Niwdog(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2015
The update its worth waiting for but the suspense is dangerous to the mind... Thanks anty repo

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by akejujoe(f): 10:01am On Aug 01, 2015
It was really worth waiting for. Mama Repo, thanks for d update.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Amuj: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2015
Repogirl abg Monday too far oh
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by OloriAbefe(f): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2015
omg!!!!!!....##fully satisfied. longest update ever. can't wait for d next update.. grin ....aunty repo, yu d bomb.

1 Like

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by pwettyhardey(f): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Mofe Johnson Is Now Real After Months Of Disguise. Repogirl Thanjs For D Update.Patiently Waiting For More
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by tuneryblue(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
yeepee. . After century of waiting.... And u drop d longest update ever... Thank u... It really worth the wait.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Pukka36(f): 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Wow!
Very nicely putcheesy
Thanks Repogirl!
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Mj45: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
repogirl:
Alright guys enjoy, the next chapter should be here by Monday, hopefully. smiley

Thanks again for understanding.

Thank you so much, glad you're enjoying it. smiley

WHAAAAAATTTTTT
Monday as in next tomorrow? I can't wait.
Thank u Repogirl for this beautiful mountain update. I love it and I love u for it. Thank u again and have a blissful weekend.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by emilygold(f): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice captivating story line you've got nd an awesome talent. Keep it up
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by princessadeola(f): 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
Weldone ma. its worth d wait.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by OHaddy(f): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
This is worth waiting for. Job well done....
Repo keep it up
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Orlolahdey(f): 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
Gud to av u back repogirl..tanx for d updates
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by obaty(f): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
wow!what an amazing story.I can't wait for the next update.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by aprilwise(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
I no fit chop nd clear mouth without thanking the cook. Thank u for the update. When next u go arrange another sweet food for us again? Pls make it soon.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 1:06am On Aug 02, 2015
Thanks for the favourable replies guys, the next chapter is very nearly done. It will surely be here on monday. Thanks much. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Deluxewize(m): 7:33am On Aug 02, 2015
You are the writer of the year. Hopefully you finish the prose this year; thumbs up mam.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by shankies215(f): 7:59am On Aug 02, 2015
Tomorrow? Asin!!!! I cnt wait!...thanks so much Repogirl
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Beckytee(f): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
repo girl as done it again.... thank you ma, indeed it worth d wait
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by mofy1(f): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Repo this is captivating.tnx but pls don't fail ur promise.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by massive1019(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
chaiiiii....Wel don't av option bt 2 wait. closin my eyes nw...here coms mondy
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by underage(f): 9:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thumbs up Repogirl........girl you rock. I have been glued to my fon eva since I found dis piece.....more grease to ur elbow.

Can't wait to see to happens next, its lyk watching a series film. God Bless u and ur entire family, ameen grin
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by lakeside04(m): 1:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Nice work I must commend...kip it up
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by eniade26: 5:17am On Aug 03, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]Welldone. U av done a very good job
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by ohnyeestephen(f): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2015
Thank God Monday don reach. waiting patiently.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by mercydaniel: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2015
aunty repogirl u are a bomb.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2015
mercydaniel:
aunty repogirl u are a bomb.
lol, abeg ooo, no let DSS hear dat one but thanks any way.

Alright, monday is here guys and as promised, I will post in a few minutes but lemme beg again in advance.....

I haven't begun the next chapter, I hope to write soon but as usual it might take a while before the next post, so please as usual bear with me till I do.

Thanks and enjoy.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by base83: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2015
*SWOONS* Repo.... i doff my hat this is WHAO. kiss kiss kiss Go girl.
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by Animog(f): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2015
9ice.tanks 4 d update
Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2015
Chapter 10

Eleven years ago

Mofe couldn't wait for this damn party he was DJ-ing to be over, he was doing this solely for the money or goodness knew he wouldn't be there playing music at a pool party.He had better things to do instead of playing music for scantily clad half drunk rich kids.

The celebrant was a friend he played basketball with, Kelvin was an okay guy but Mofe couldn't stand the rich brats with the uppity attitudes or the bikini clad females flirting, checking him out and generally hanging around.

Who was he kidding? The real reason he was pissed was because Ezinne was there also and with none other than her rich thug boyfriend. He should have known she would be there as the rich kids of the estate never missed a chance to converge. He wondered if he would have requested to DJ the party if he'd thought she would be there even if the money was quite good. He probably would have passed on it, seeing her back together with her douche boyfriend was quite painful to watch.

What had he been thinking? Of Course she would have eventually gotten back together with the douche u, he couldn't explain how disappointed that made him feel. He was a fool to have entertained any hopes of being with her even for a second. Had he thought some sort of miracle would bring himself together with her? These rich types liked to stick with their class.

Stealing a glance in her direction, he saw that her boyfriend was half drunk now and acting really lousy and loud while Ezinne had her gaze on him. She'd been doing that since she came into the party and saw him, staring at him as if compelling him to look at her.

Their eyes met briefly now as they had quite a few times already and he wondered what she wanted from him again, she had made it quite clear she didn't want to have anything to do with him. To say his ego had been bruised was an understatement, it had been deeply wounded and still hurt like hell.

He shook himself mentally, he really shouldn't be bothered about her, with time he would be fine after all they said time healed all wounds. Instead he should be concerned how he was going to put together money for his airfare out of the country in a few months time.

He'd been accepted into one of the Tech schools he had applied for and was receiving a full scholarship but all he needed was to get himself there. He'd begun work on procuring his visa and had spent most of what he had processing it. The pressing issue now was his airfare, he had a few months to put the money together in time for resumption and was sure he could come up with it in that time but he had to work really hard. He didn't have time to be thinking about Ezinne and her issues.

But what could a poor red blooded male do when she stared at him with those beautiful amber coloured eyes, looking stunning in a cropped tee shirt and jean cutoff short shorts that clung so closely to her curvy hips, exposing her lovely creamy skin and making him want to run his hands over her the curves of her body. She did things to him he had never experienced before.

She lingered in his mind and he wanted more than anything to be free of those thoughts. She had entwined herself deep into his system and that kiss they had shared the past week had made things for him worse. He couldn't get it out of his head, how good she had felt against him, it haunted his thoughts even when he slept. How could she have kissed him so thoroughly only to push him away minutes later? He couldn't get it.
Now she was back with her ex, he shook his head wonderingly. After all the guy had done to her, she'd gotten back with him probably to please her dad. Too bad, it seemed she was prepared to be with a demon just to please her old man.

He looked up again from his PC to see her still staring, he held her gaze this time. The boyfriend was no where in sight and to his surprise she began to make her way over to him as if he had given her permission to approach. He groaned, he didn't need this. He wanted to be as far away from her as possible.

"Hi Mofe." She greeted on getting to him.

Pointing at the headset around his ears, he indicated that he couldn't hear her, fixing his eyes firmly on his computer. It was a lie, he could hear her but he needed her to leave him be.

She rolled her eyes, reaching for the headphones, she tried taking it off but he pulled away from her.

"Seriously?" She asked him.

With a sigh he took them off, the sooner he listened to her, the sooner they could get it over and done with. "What do you want?" He asked, his voice quite terse.

"We need to talk Mofe." She said

"Talk about what?" He asked his eyes not leaving the computer screen, he was trying to feign he was as uninterested as he possibly could.

"About what happened last week in my room." She replied

"Nothing happened Ezinne, we have both moved on from it, so there's nothing to talk about. By the way congrats on getting back together with your douche boyfriend."

She shook her head in exasperation obviously fed up with his evasive manoeuvres "Mofe, I might... sort of. ..like you obviously but as a friend okay? We've been hanging around a lot and I began getting too personal with you.... I shouldn't have kissed you, that was a mistake, it couldn't have led anywhere. .... it was just..... spontaneous, I really don't know what came over me. I'm sorry if I misled you but Ekene is who I really belong with."

"Sure." He said with a careless shrug of his shoulders, still looking at the computer screen, he smoothly eased a new track into play. He wanted to tell her what he thought of the bullshit she had just spewed but held himself back as there was no point.

"That's all you have to say?"

He shrugged "Were you expecting something more?"

"Mofe....." She started but he cut her off.

"You better run along now," he cut her off."Your douche is back and is heading this way."

"What?" She turned just as Ekene got to them.

"Baby, what you doing here? Come let's dance." He took Ezinne's hand tried to pull her off.

"Give me a moment Ekene, I will be with you shortly." She said.

"Ezinne, seriously you expect me to wait for you to finish your discussion with him? Am I now like what...not important enough for you to end your discussion with your washman?"

Mofe raised a brow at the washman remark but he didn't look up from his PC as he purposely fiddled around the system searching for another track. This idi'ot seemed to be spoiling for a fight and Mofe wouldn't give him the satisfaction. He didn't want to engage in a fight that would disrupt the party and he needed the pay from the job. He would ignore the douche as best as he possibly could even if all he wanted to do was punch some sense into him.

"Ekene please, it's alright I'm done here anyway." Ezinne said also trying to avoid a fight but Ekene pulled her back from leaving.

"You know, I suspect something between you two, something that's more than the project work you say he's been working on for you."

"Ekene please..."

"Something tells me you two have something more interesting going on."

"Thats absurd Ekene, why would you think such?" Ezinne asked.

"Because it's obvious Ezinne, do you think I haven't noticed your eyes trailing him since we got here?"

Ezinne shook her head "Seriously I don't know how you come up with this stuff Ekene. I'm leaving, when you sober up, you can call me."

"No, no no," He pulled her back, a little too roughly "You're not going anywhere until we sort this out once and for all."

Mofe who had ignored him all along, looked at the hand Ekene had clamped around Zinnie's. Lord help him not to interfere, he prayed silently.

"Stop Ekene, you are hurting me." She protested

He ignored her plea and asked instead with a mocking laugh "Is this what appeals to you, Ezinne? Your wash-man?"

Mofe cursed silently promising himself he would keep his cool, he thought about how much he needed the money, he thought about his much needed airfare. He surely wouldn't let this idi'ot get to him.

But Ekene turned to him "and you wash man, have you also become a deaf mute?"

"Ekene!" Ezinne screeched appalled.

"What, he's not speaking, he's obviously become mute." He said to her before turning back to him " Look, stop entertaining ideas about her, she's way above your level and it's best you keep off her, for your own good."

Mofe couldn't help the small smile that tugged on his lips. the douche was actually threatening him and it was quite funny to him.

"Did I say something funny?" He asked and Mofe ignored him. " I asked you a question."

Mofe would have kept ignoring him but the douche reached out to his laptop and closed it. Mofe looked up then.

"I asked you a question."

"Take your hand off my computer." Mofe instructed quietly, too quiet, deceptively quiet. A nerve ticked in his jaw as he struggled with his control and his eyes held the other man's gaze.

"So you can speak, I said stay away from her, did you get that?"

Mofe was certainly not going to be intimidated by this idi'ot, he didn't need to back off Ezinne just because the id'iot said so. "Get your hand off my PC."

"Not until I get your affirmative reply."

Ezinne tried again "Ekene please, lets not do this here."

"Shut up Ezinne and let me take care of this."

Ezinne exchanged an embarrassed look with him and Mofe finally spoke up "No one tells me what to do, who to avoid or who to be with..No one, not my friends and certainly not you. If you have feelings of insecurity, you should deal with it and leave me out of your issues. Now get your damn hand off my PC."

Mofe had his eyes on the idi'ot and so did not expect what he did next, it all happened so fast. Ekene picked up his laptop and slammed it hard on the brick floor. Mofe heard the sound of it smashing and lost all control.

Reaching across the desk separating them both, he pulled the fool by the collar of his shirt forward. Almost picking him off the the ground, he threw him to the floor beside where his smashed computer lay. Ekene struggled but was no match for Mofe's strength that was being fueled by a temporary lack of sanity. His first punch landed smack on his cheek,accompanied by another and another until he was pulled back by a few strong hands which he fiercely struggled against.

Somewhere in his blind rage, he had heard Zinnie screaming for him to stop but he had ignored it. Now he saw her at a corner,sobbing quietly while her friends tried to pacify her. Some other guys had pulled Ekene up , he had a split lip, was bleeding from his nose and his eyes would definitely swell but Mofe wasn't done with him. The id'iot had gotten off too easy.

"I'll kill you, I swear." He screamed at him. "I will freaking kill you!"

"Calm down Mofe." The guys holding him back kept saying.

Some guys began taking the idi'ot away and Mofe screamed after them "I swear if I see you again, you are dead!"

He turned in Ezine's direction, she was still being consoled by her friends who were now also taking her off.
With a shake of his head he crouched and began picking the pieces of his computer, not sure what could be salvaged.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 11:35am On Aug 03, 2015
It had been two days since the fight between Mofe and Ekene. It hadn't really been a fight, it had been more of a beat up where Ekene had received a really good thrashing from Mofe and Ezinne had been the centre of it all. She had caused it all and she believed she had to make it right but she wasn't sure if how she planned to do it was right.

There was no telling how Mofe would receive her, he might still be mega pissed about it all but she had to try. She shouldn't have approached Mofe at that party knowing how unstable Ekene Could get but she'd badly needed to talk to him. Smooth things over, she hadn't liked how he had left her room. For some reason she couldn't explain his friendship meant something to her, she didn't want them at odd ends.

If only she hadn't given in to her lustful urges and kissed him then all this would never have happened. She still didn't understand what had come over her, for some reason it had just seemed right at that moment, she had felt a strong pull of attraction to him and hadn't been able to hold back.

She sighed, well it had all happened and it didn't help crying over spilled milk instead she had to take charge of the situation. That was why she was there at his door, gathering the courage to knock.

She'd been standing there for about five minutes, gathering strength but hadn't seemed able to.

The decision was taken from her hands when suddenly the door was being unlocked from inside and she stood rooted to the spot in shock as he opened it.

He didn't see her at first as he was looking back in the room, talking to someone.

"....that's exactly what I.... Jeez!" He exclaimed when he turned and saw her unexpected figure outside his doorway.

"What are you trying to do, Zinnie?" he asked in mild shock "Give me a bloody heart attack?"

"I.. I'm sorry, didnt mean to scare you, I ....I'd meant to talk to you privately b-but seems you have a guest, this is for you..umm..we will talk later when you ...when uh, when you're alone." She stuttered handing him the rectangular box which contained a new laptop she had gotten him. Why in the world was she so nervous? Probably because she was afraid he was still pissed at her over what went down at the party.

He looked from her to the box but made no move to touch it, looking back up he asked "What's that?"
"Why don't you take it and see?" She told him.

Ezinne please I'm not in the mood for games, if you are here to play, please leave."

"It's... It's a new laptop I got for you, same model and specs with your last one." She saw a frown crease his eyebrows and instantly knew he wouldn't accept it. "I..I got it for you because...um..it's a sort of peace offering."

"I don't want it, thanks." He said and began closing the door.

"Wait," she stopped him before he closed it, "why do you have to be so difficult Mofe? You don't have a computer at the moment....I ... I know how much you need one and since I was partly responsible for the loss of your last one, I only felt it right to...."

"Ezinne, I don't recall telling you I needed a computer, did I? Now leave my house, will you?"

She was about to speak when she heard another voice speak up from the room and the door opened wider for her to see an older woman. She was light skinned, slim and quite tall, horn rimmed glasses perched on her nose giving her a matronly look. She didnt look too pleased. "Mofe, since when do you talk rudely to people like this? What's come over you?"

"Ma mi..I wasn't talking rudely, I was only telling her to...." Mofe tried to defend his actions but she cut him off.

"Hush it" She rebuked him and the look on his face was priceless. Ezinne resisted the urge to smile at a chastened Mofe, this must be his aunt she had heard about.

"As if I didn't hear it all." The older woman said.

"Good afternoon Ma." Ezinne chipped still biting at her lip to keep from smiling.

"Afternoon my dear." She replied her before turning to Mofe "Oya, apologise to this young lady for your rude behaviour, I didn't train you that way. You should be courteous to everyone, friends, foes and most especially, females.... Do you hear me?"

"Yes Ma," Mofe replied chastened.
"Now apologise."

"I'm sorry for my tone, Ezinne."

"Better." His aunt clipped adjusting the hand bag on her arm, "I am leaving now. You two settle whatever it is between you two, okay?"

Mofe nodded and Ezinne managed a small "Thank you Ma", as she stepped out of the womans way, in awe of the woman who could turn Mofe into such a humble, subdued puppy.

"It's now funny, right?" Mofe asked her, a small smile appearing on his face also, transforming his dark good looks. She felt her insides turn to mush, gosh he looked so sexy when he smiled like that. His deep set almond shaped eyes crinkled softly and his mouth quirked slightly at its edge. He had a Charles Michael Davies vibe going on and it was surprising that she was just noticing it. It seemed she realized something new about him every time they were together.

"You certainly enjoyed my aunt chastising me in your presence, didn't you? I guess it's very funny to you?" He asked, the small smile still on his lip. He must have also found it quite funny for him to be smiling about it.

"No, its not at all." She lied struggling for a straight face but failing badly.

He rolled his eyes "You are just trouble... come in." He opened the door for her "I'm sincerely sorry about how I talked to you earlier, I have been known to act irrationally when upset about something."

"It's okay, you really don't have to apologize after all that happened at that party, I should be the one doing the apologies. If I hadn't approached you, none of that would have happened, if I ......"

"Ezinne it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong, it was all on your boyfriend.... it just surprises me how you could have ever dated that kind of guy, he acts like he's got a screw loose somewhere in his head."

Ezinne shrugged where she sat on the sofa "He's not like that all the time, he's just scared I will leave him."

"And he had to take it out on my poor computer?"

Ezinne looked up to see if Mofe was joking about his smashed computer. He wasn't smiling so she guessed he hadn't really gotten over it.

"I'm so sorry, he just loses his head sometimes....I don't know how to explain it."

"You dont need to, I saw it all for myself and I really don't get how you can be with him? He's going to hurt you physically one of these days if you continue with him.... wait you are not still with him, are you?"

"Mofe please, Ekene wouldn't dare lay a finger on me abd yes we are still together but.... Let's just get back to why I am really here, shall we?" She wasn't comfortable with where the discussion was headed and needed to steer it back on the right lane.

"No, before we get to that...let's talk." He sat forward on the bed which was opposite the couch she was sitting.

"Talk?" She asked dreading what they were going to talk about?

"Yes, at the party you said we needed to and I think its time we did the talking."

"Okay?" Ezinne agreed a little suspiciously.

"Why did you kiss me?" He asked.

She sighed, of all questions he had to ask that one.

"It was just a kiss Mofe, nothing special about it." She said a little too quickly. She wanted to act like it had been nothing but she wasn't too good at lying, she was sure he could see the truth all over her.

He smiled, "You are such a bad liar....but anyway even if it was nothing special, why did you do it? That's the question."

"Mofe ...I..I, I don't know." The stuttering was back, it seemed.

"You do but you don't want to say it and I wont help you with it."

"I don't know what you expect me to say Mofe, the kiss just happened."

"Okay, let's make a deal, I will..."

She rolled her eyes "A deal again? Mofe you and these your deals."

He laughed, "hear me out first Ezinne, will you?"

She nodded knowing she wouldn't like this.

"Okay I'll accept your laptop if you tell me why you kissed me."

She sighed not sure she could explain it to him, she almost didn't understand it herself."Mofe... I don't know how to explain it, why do we do what we do? I don't know..I..I guess I wasn't thinking straight at the time..it..I..I just ..it just happened."

He shook his head, he was looking at her like he wasn't satisfied with her answer."It just happened? That's the best you can do?"

"What else do you want me to say, I don't know why I did it, why is it such a big deal?"

He shrugged "It doesn't have to be a big deal but you keep lying and that's what makes it such a big deal." Getting up from where he sat on the edge of the bed, he made his way over to her.

What are you doing?" She asked suspicious.

Ignoring her question, he crouched in front of her. Moving the package from her lap onto the free space on the couch beside her. He then took her hands in his, he rubbed his palms against hers, lightly and gently caressing her palms.

It felt so wonderful and she didn't pull away. His palm was warm, hard, slightly rough and that tingly feeling between them felt so good.

"You feel that?" He asked lightly, his voice husky "I know you do."

"I...I'm not ...."

"Dont lie, Ezinne....please." He cajoled.

Ezinne closed her eyes, still enjoying his hands caressing hers so wonderfully. She wondered if it would be like this if he touched her in other places. Places more intimate than her hands, goodness she was losing it but she had to be truthful, even if she wasn't she knew Mofe could see it on her, he just needed her to say it.

"Yes," she whispered. "Yes, I Feel it."

"So why did you really kiss me?" He asked again.

"I..it sort of felt right at the moment...there was a sort of energy...I dont know how to explain it.... it felt good but but it was a mistake. I like you Mofe but just as a friend."

He stopped his ministrations on her hands and she wished he didn't, she'd been enjoying it. "You certainly didn't kiss me as a friend." He countered, releasing one of her hands and lightly brushing her hair off her forehead.

"I am sorry, it was a mistake." She said not able to meet his eyes.

"Well I'm not." He told her, standing up from his crouching position and going to sit on the bed he'd recently vacated. "Remember when I told you that I had passionate feelings for a girl who didn't return it or even know I existed?"

"Yeah, I remember...."

"Well guess who I was talking about?"

She frowned, the stare he gave her said it all "Me?"

He nodded.

Wow, to say she was shocked at his revelation was an understatement. "I...um...I don't know what to say."

"Dont say anything, I dont expect anything from you, I just don't want to lie about it. I can see you are not interested in pursuing anything with me even though you do have feelings for me which you are struggling to deny...but it's all good. I respect your decision."

"Mofe, I...I do like you but I'm sort of promised to Ekene. We had a lengthy talk and he promised to quit his philandering... and he's not so bad, he just has issues with his temper, he....."

"Ezinne, I really don't need to know, and you owe me no explanation... I wish you the best with him."

"You sure? You are sure you are okay being just friends because I do treasure our friendship."

"Sure,I'll be fine." He nodded with a wan smile

"And you'll accept the computer?"

"Yes, I will. Thanks very much although you didn't have to go through so much....I would have managed without one."

"I did Mofe, I still believe I am to blame, ...It's quite sad that you won't be able to retrieve your files."

"I should be, the hard disk is still fine although I've also got back up stored somewhere. I always keep backup somewhere..... So how's your boyfriend? How is he holding up after the a'ss kicking I gave him the other day? I am not sorry about that, if he as much as sneezes in my direction, he will get another round of it."

She sighed not sure what to say. Ekene wasn't doing too good, his ego had suffered more bruising than his body. He had been really angry at being embarrassed and had been planning a retaliation. He'd planned to pay off some guys to teach Mofe a lesson but Ezinne had intervened when she'd heard the plan. She had promised him that her relationship with him would be over if anything happened to Mofe and not even her father would cajole her into forgiving him.She had ignored him since then, refusing to pick up his call for the past few days or to go visit him.

"I guess this means we can't hang anymore?"

"Errr...yeah, I'm not sure about that....Ekene is quite insecure and I don't want to fuel his insecurities...let's just ..."

"Keep our friendship on the down low?" He completed for her.

"Is that a bad thing?"

Shrugging, he replied "No, its fine by me , I just hope you know what you're doing...."

Yeah, she hoped so too.

Mofe sighed, he was looking at her with those alluring eyes of his "Why in the world are you back with him when it's obvious to see you don't care much for him."

She shrugged, how did she explain to him that her father had sat her down and explained to her how close their family was with Ekene's. He had said it was only logical as their marriage would bring both families businesses together and strengthen ties. He told her he wanted the best lives for her and his grand-kids, and marrying Ekene would do that for them. Since Ekene was willing to make it work, if she also gave it her best, then they would surely make the marriage work.

"He made a mistake, he's only human but he wants to make this work and I am willing to try also." She said still not able to meet Mofe's piercing gaze. She doubted he bought her explanation but he must have seen how uncomfortable she was and decided to let it go because his next words were, "Alright then..., let's have a look at the PC, shall we?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by repogirl(f): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2015
PRESENT DAY

Mofe wasn't sure how he expected her to react to his confession bus she was surprisingly calm. He expected her to show some form of emotion but instead she pointed to the door "Get out of my house, get out and don't come back ever!"

"No!" He shook his head approaching her slowly, she sensed his approach because she moved back, away from him but she couldn't go too far as she was now too close to the sofa. "No Ezinne, you aren't getting rid of me that easily." He told her sternly "I am not some stu'pid fraud boyfriend fiance you can throw out easily!"

"Whatever sick game you've been playing with me because I've lost my sight and couldn't recognise you ends now, Get out!" She tried again.
He was now just an arm's length away from her, he stopped. "I'm not leaving until I get what's mine.... what you deprived me of these past ten years!" He insisted.

"What's yours?" She whispered, her face drained of its colour as she dropped on to the sofa, sitting down. Her legs probably weak at the realisation that he knew.

"Yes! Azora is mine and I am going to have her."

"Zora is Ekene's daughter, not yours!" She tried.

"Don't lie to me Ezinne, I have seen all the proof I need to so dont bother lying or I will make this messy for you! I will fight you with everything I have Ezinne! You have kept her from me for long enough...I still can't understand how you could be this cruel? If I had never come back, I would never have found out about her, would I?"

"I... she isn't yours...I..."

"Oh please cut the crap," he cut off her pathetic attempt at a lie "you have never been a good liar, it would be better if you came clean and told me why you did something so cruel as this to me and maybe I will be lenient on you."

"You left, Mofe! You just up and left me, like you never cared all along." She suddenly accused, her voice cracking with emotion as she spoke. He could tell she was close to tears. Lord please, not the tears.

"You told me to go! That you wanted nothing to do with me, and then you disappeared, I couldn't reach your lines for a whole month. You knew I was already some days late to resume at school, I had to leave but I told Eric to let me know if you came looking for me but you never did. Next thing I heard you were getting married. So you left, not me!"

Slowly she took off her glasses and his heart wrenched at the scars around her eyes. They were quite faint but still visible, her light brown eyes were the same but not focused, she was staring not at him but slightly to his left.

"Eric? Eric told me you didn't want anything to do with me and you hadn't left any contact, he also added a few words of his own that made me hate you. I vowed not to bother with you anymore." Her voice was a whisper now, as if she had lost the strength to speak.

It was his turn to be shocked. Eric had assured him that she had never shown up but had easily moved on with her life. He was so going to strangle that cousin of his the next time he saw him.

"But when you found out you were pregnant, you could have told my aunt, you know she would have gotten in touch with me, you know she ....."

"I didn't want to force you into coming back, I didn't want to force you into a commitment...." her whisper of a voice was more shaky now and a tear slipped from her eye but she angry wiped it off as she spoke. "There was no point if you came back just for the baby, I just thought....."

"No! That wasn't your choice to make, Zinnie! That wasn't your damn choice to make! I deserved a chance to know, you intentionally kept me out of her life..... What in the world happened to you? The Ezinne I knew would never have done that. You intended punishing me and keeping me out of my daughter's life, wasn't it? All these years you could have reconsidered but it goes to show how much hatred you still harbour for me all these years that you would keep me away from my own child."

His harsh tone pushed her over the edge and the tears ran down freely now. Placing her hands on her face, she covered her eyes as her shoulders shook as she cried and he couldn't help but feel sorry for her a bit.

She managed to say softly between sobs "I hated you, I still do...after all the promises we made to each other, you left.... You moved on with your new life abroad easily, that was the impression I got from your cousin, so why did I need to bother you with news about your daughter when you had moved on with your life?"

If only she knew he hadn't moved on as easily as she thought. Hell! Thoughts of her still haunted him day and night, he had dreams, he couldn't focus on new relationships, he found himself still longing for her.

She looked up at him, her eyes tear drenched and quite pink, it's unfocused pupils looked past him "You knew where I was Mofe, if you still cared about me, why didnt you just reach out to me? You could have mailed me, I know there were many times I had meant to send you an email but when I thought of how you just up and left without a word, I changed my mind."

He opened his mouth to speak but couldn't, aside his pride, he'd been forced to make a devilish promise to her father that unless she reached out to him first, he would never contact her. He wasn't one to break his word but that was one promise he should have broken or never should have made but thanks to Eric again, he had entered into a deal with her father involuntarily.

Mofe hadn't had the money to purchase the ticket out of the country and Eric had made a deal behind his back with Ezinne's father. By the time he'd found out the ticket had been bought and as that had been his only chance at leaving the country, he'd taken it.

Her father had tried to get him into promising to stay away from Ezinne indefinitely but Mofe had changed the terms and told him except if Ezinne contacted him first, he would stay away from her. He had strongly believed Ezinne would get over the fight and get in touch with him later.

The General had agreed, Mofe should have known the man would have done everything possible to keep them apart and thanks to Eric also, he had succeeded.

He couldn't tell her now about the shameful deal he had made with her father, he couldn't bring himself to say it. All these years he had hated and accused her but now he saw they'd never had a chance, there had been other forces against them being together and they had won in the end. He and Ezinne had been victims.

"You are silent... so you agree that you are as much to blame as I am?" She asked him.

"No, Ezinne don't lump me into this with you. Its one thing to end a relationship, it's another thing to keep a child from her father! You should have told me about Azora, you know I would have come back, you know I would never have let you marry that bastard." He Cursed Ekene knowing fully well that one wasn't meant to talk bad about the dead. "I would have given it all up just to be with my daughter."

She shook her head slowly "And what about your dreams, your career? I take it you've made something big of yourself now? I have a feeling it's your money you are spending on this place. I guess you are a top director at Techbits?"

"I own the company," He said tersely, well part owner as he had shareholders but he owned the largest portion of shares of the company.

She acknowledged this news with a slight raise of her brow and then a shrug, she said, "well, I guess I did you a huge favour in that case?"

"No you didnt! I would have given anything to watch my daughter being born, to hold her in my arms...."His voice shook with emotion as he thought about all she had deprived him "I would have given anything to watch her grow, call me daddy and not be a stranger to her! You did a really wicked thing Zinnie, I would never have thought you could conceive such wickedness much less live with yourself all these years.
We made our mistakes, we had opposition but... even if you hated me, you shouldn't have brought our kid into this...I'm very tempted to make you pay Ezinne, I'm very tempted to take her from you and keep her away, the same way you have done all these years."

She stiffened "You wouldn't!"

"Wouldn't I? I've got the means, I've got world class lawyers and everyone knows the judiciary is quite corrupt here, just pay off some people and the ruling goes my way"

"No! You can't do that!" She exclaimed the fear evident in her eyes.

""And why not?" He asked, his heart wrenching at the tortured look on her face, he really wasn't enjoying threatening her this way but he wanted her to feel some of the pain he was going through all because of her.

What she did next, surprised the hell out of him, she got down on her knees "She's all I Have, I have lost so much, I couldn't bear to lose her also." Her voice was a tortured whisper. "Please, I beg you don't do this to me."

She actually believed he would go through with his threat. If he wanted her to suffer, he would walk out right then. Walk out and let her worry herself crazy but he couldn't bring himself to leave her in this state. His heart wrenched at the sight of her, she had lost so much thanks to him, her father, Eric and even herself. They all had a hand in this mess.

He recalled the promises he'd made her when they had been younger. He'd promised they would be together whatever may happen, forever and for always but he hadn't kept it. For someone who never went back on his word, he'd broken the one most important promise in his life.

"Mofe please, I agree that I have acted irrationally but please do not do this, Azora needs her mother as much as she needs you." The tears had stopped for a while but as she looked up, eyes averted from him a few more tears slipped making him feel more wretched than he already did.She was the one who had kept his daughter away from him, she was the cruel one who deserved to suffer but why did he feel this way?

She continued, "I have nothing, just her...please don't, I don't think I would survive this...."

"Hush, just stop,stop.." It was enough, he couldn't take any more of her pleading "and get up will you?"

"No, I'm not getting up, not until you promise that you won't take her from me.... I know how dear you hold your promises and if you say you wouldn't I would believe you and that''s when my mind would be at peace."

She still believed he kept his promises when he'd broken some of the most important ones he had made to her?

With a resigned sigh, he walked down to where she knelt and took her by the arms pulling her up from her kneeling position, he helped her back to the sofa. "I haven't forgiven you yet and I'm still really pissed off but for now, I don't plan on taking her from you."

"For now? Is that the best you can do?"

He looked at her, they were standing so close, there was that invisible energy between them once more, the one that made him want to pull her closer to him and never let her go. He needed distance. He helped her back to the seat and gave them the much needed distance.

"I am still very angry Ezinne, I have been since I found out a few weeks back, I need some time to heal. If you are good, we could work something out but if you try to run from me or try some funny business, I will find you Ezinne, I will find you, forcibly take her from you and keep you alive so you live in the misery and realisation that your daughter will never be yours anymore." He threatened meaning everything he said. "I have to leave now, good night."

"Wait but..." She started.

"Goodnight Ezinne, it's getting quite late and I have to leave so Azora and Rachel can return." He gave the excuse but deep down he knew he had to leave because he didnt like the feelings going through him at that moment. For some reason he was tempted to forgive her and feel less annoyed but he didn't want that. She deserved his hatred for what she had done,He had to hang on to that for a while and not feel the urge to get reacquainted with her lips.

"Open this damn door, Eric or watch me bring it down." Mofe yelled at his cousin purporting to bring it down as promised if he didn't open it sooner.

"Calm down man, I'm opening the door." Eric said as he fiddled with the keys. The door finally opened up and Mofe barged in, angry as hell.

"Jeez man, what's got you so riled up? Did you lose your company or something?"

"No, but today I lost a cousin, a brother and a freaking friend."

"What are you talking about?" Eric asked with a frown. "Who are you talking about?"

Mofe paced back and forth across the plushly carpeted hallway, half out of his mind with anger.

"Eric I swear if you were not my closest friend and only brother, I would have strangled you right now for what you did to me, for all you have caused!"

"What....what did I cause? Come out clean MJ, I'm not following you. I would never harm you intentionally, you know that."

"You lied to me, dear cousin," Mofe started sarcastically "Eleven years ago, you told me Ezinne hadn't come looking for me, you told me she had moved on quite easily when opposite was the case. why in the world did you do that Eric? Why? I left you instructions to contact me if she came looking and you promised me. You promised!"

Eric's face fell and Mofe knew he was guilty as charged.

Mofe shook his head appalled "All these years ... all these years Eric, you made me believe she just moved on... you made me.... you made me think I meant nothing to her. You made me hate her! You made her believe I didn't care about her, you lied to her and to me, your brother! Eric, why would you do such to me? I know you have never liked her but you know how I felt about her, she meant so much to me...so why would you do this? Why?"

"I dont know...." Eric replied exasperated "I don't know...I just felt you would be better off without her, you were too into her," he sighed and Mofe sensed more was coming, "and then I made a promise to her father when he paid for your airfare, I didn't tell you because I knew you would never agree to it. I promised him I would make Ezinne believe you had moved on and make you believe she had also moved on."

"Christ!" Mofe exclaimed folding his fists and struggling to hold himself from lashing out physically at his cousin.

"I'm sorry but at the time I believed it was for the best.... look at you now, you can have ten of her if it's what you want."

"I don't want ten freaking Ezinnes, I wanted just one, the only one.....you don't get it do you? You cost me my relationship but more importantly do you know you might have cost me a relationship with my daughter?"

"Hey, I didn't know she was pregnant okay?"

"What difference does it make if you did or didn't know, you went into a deal behind my back, lied to me and set up a chain reaction of events and now here we are, Ezinne endured years of physical and emotional abuse, almost lost her life but got off with losing her eyesight. I lost the chance to watch my beautiful daughter grow...I lost ten years because of you Eric and no wealth in the world can give me those lost years. Do you get it now?"

Eric's face had lost its colour and he now understood the gravity of what he'd done. "MJ,what can I say...I'm sorry, I should never have meddled the way I did. I'm so sorry."

"You are dead to me Eric," now that Eric had gotten it, Mofe made for the exit as he was done here. "I don't care if Mother intervenes but you are a stranger to me and that's final!"

Eric called him back."MJ, don't say that...I made a mistake, I thought I was doing you a favour."

"You call lying a favour?"

"I made a mistake....but you can't disown me, we are like brothers for crying out loud!"

"You should have thought about that before you spurned me and went into a deal with the devil!" He replied walking out the open door , ignoring the calls of his so called brother.

He had just one more person to meet, the devil himself but not tonight as he had a something special planned for the old man. He would love this part the most.

3 Likes

Re: Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl by emilygold(f): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Space booked. Runs back to read

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (54) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Diary Of A Broke Playboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.