Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars (18923 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by benega: 6:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Sharp
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by thaoriginator: 6:47am On Oct 29, 2014
Jonathan government...protecting corruption since.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by omenka(m): 6:48am On Oct 29, 2014
OchukoisBlack:
Why exactly was this FOI bill signed into law cos I can't see it's usefulness when requests for information is always being rejected.
It exists only on paper.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 29, 2014
In china stella would have probably been shot dead now.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Fxwarrior: 7:02am On Oct 29, 2014
How can you tell them to give you procedures on due process when you know there's none.Its just obvious the court is protecting interests of Mr President.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by shema101(f): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2014
Anytime I hear or read about the name Stella Oduah, na armed robber in armoured car dey ring for my mind..

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Mogidi: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2014
The court came to a wise decision, too many plebs wasting valuable court time. I hope these losers gets to pay Stella Oduahs legal fees.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by dmozart: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2014
GoodluckJonatan:
angry
Nice move GEJ......Kworruption Till 2019 !!
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by OgologoDimkpa: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2014
thaoriginator:
Jonathan government...protecting corruption since.
Shut UP!!

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by dmozart: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2014
The President will set up a committtee to look into the matter. .....Reuben Abati. Meanwhile the committee's findings will be implemented in December 2032. #Kworruption ......dancing makossa in Naija since 2010
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Ngwakwe: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:
There's no gainsaying that Jonathan's administration is corruption-friendly. Such financial recklessness has always been treated with kid gloves so I was not taken aback!

But not for the fear of the unknown as shrouded by the much talked about alleged islamization of Nigeria, Buhari would do this country much good as he has the temerity and audacity to fight corruption for which GEJ's regime has fought 'abysmally' if not left in the doldrums.

Let's am mistaken for anti-Ibo, I'm a bona fide son of Ibo land and I dnt condone any self-aggrandizement from these-so called polithicians who are painstakingly milking this country dry.

The voice of the people, is the voice of God!

Lagos State Speaker was acquitted lately of any corruption in court and it is now official that the corruption tag can no longer hold.

If I may ask you, Princess Stella Oduah approved N255M for the purchase of bullet proof Cars for NCAA and you declared her super corrupt what did you say when Mallam Sanusi used N1.2 billion to hiring private jets?

When is approving purchase of cars call corruption?

Moreover, nobody asked you if you were Igbo rather your conscience was not convinced you were actually Igbo.

It is good for you to do your homework very well before exposing your ignorance in public forum.

You want us to believe that Stella Oduah enriched herself with the contract for the purchase of the armoured cars when the report of the committees by both the NASS and Presidency ruled out such allegations.

Corruption was ruled out for the fact that there was zero evidence that she benefited anything from the transaction rather the issue under contention was budget limit and approval exceeding her office without recourse to National Executive Council hence she was indicted on alleged Executive recklessness and undermining of National budget.

Stop listening to Pull Her Down bigots

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Omimah: 8:29am On Oct 29, 2014
I wonder why there is a section (or sections) in the FoI law that says some areas are no-go areas.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by skyface00(m): 8:33am On Oct 29, 2014
U think with your hand instead of ur head....sls his under which administration? Anybody that work under mr president is encouraged 2 loot because mr president is just a figure head while 1st lady rule from her bed...

Ngwakwe:

Lagos State Speaker was acquitted lately of any corruption in court and it is now official that the corruption tag can no longer hold.

If I may ask you, Princess Stella Oduah approved N255M for the purchase of bullet proof Cars for NCAA and you declared her super corrupt what did you say when Mallam Sanusi used N1.2 billion to hiring private jets?

Moreover, nobody asked you if you were Igbo rather your conscience was not convinced you were actually Igbo.

It is good for you to do your homework very well before exposing your ignorance in public forum.

You want us to believe that Stella Oduah enriched herself with the contract for the purchase of the armoured cars when the report of the committees by both the NASS and Presidency ruled out such allegations.

Corruption was ruled out for the fact that there was zero evidence that she benefited anything from the transaction rather the issue under contention was budget limit and approval exceeding her office without recourse to National Executive Council hence she was indicted on alleged Executive recklessness and undermining of National budget.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by MadCow1: 8:33am On Oct 29, 2014
Like I said... All those who celebrated that freedom of Information bill should go and read it and see how limited that freedom is.. grin

All those information they are requesting should not be classified and dont affect National security.. But GEJ would rather die than allow his side biitch be humiliated. grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Why not publish it? WHat are they hiding? General Buhari will definitely PROBE Oduah and Jonathan come June next Year
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Here comes the troll and fallen one. Guy, can you tell us when the NASS acquitted her? For your information, NASS recommended her immediate sack as at then.
What about the Presidential Committee? they acquitted her? FYI they indicted STEALER ODUAH.

I shall be glad if you will provide your fact or I shall gladly supply you mine on request.

As for Ikuforiji, the EFCC still have the liberty to appeal his case, until an otherwise judgement from a competent court, he remains INNOCENT and not guilty nor indicted.

3 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Ngwakwe: 8:43am On Oct 29, 2014
skyface00:
U think with your hand instead of ur head....sls his under which administration? Anybody that work under mr president is encouraged 2 loot because mr president is just a figure head while 1st lady rule from her bed...

Some of you have problem with yourselves when you cannot form your own opinion basically for lack of dependable information and bereft of the actual position of the law.

What I can only deduce from your comment is too much believe on gossips and hearsays.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by noblealuu: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2014
lipsrsealed

Stop listening to Pull Her Down bigots[/quote]

To Diregard is To Win Regard! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by adedayourt(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2014
Nigerian System and Corruption

Romancing each other as tongue take dey romance teeth
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nkemtreasure: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:
There's no gainsaying that Jonathan's administration is corruption-friendly. Such financial recklessness has always been treated with kid gloves so I was not taken aback!

But not for the fear of the unknown as shrouded by the much talked about alleged islamization of Nigeria, Buhari would do this country much good as he has the temerity and audacity to fight corruption for which GEJ's regime has fought 'abysmally' if not left in the doldrums.

Let's am mistaken for anti-Ibo, I'm a bona fide son of Ibo land and I dnt condone any self-aggrandizement from these-so called polithicians who are painstakingly milking this country dry.

The judiciary is an arm of government. The courts have taken anti government stands before and it was right. If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ? More over, the Court said that most of the information requested was already published. This has nothing to do with the president.
Let's live the man out of this. Two wrongs can never make a right. Since the woman left office, our airports have started failing. Her crime was 250m. Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.
Sir, the Nigerian corruption problems is not for the president alone to tackle. If we put our hands together, we can stop it.

7 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Ngwakwe: 8:54am On Oct 29, 2014
barcanista:
Here comes the troll and fallen one. Guy, can you tell us when the NASS acquitted her? For your information, NASS recommended her immediate sack as at then.
What about the Presidential Committee? they acquitted her? FYI they indicted STEALER ODUAH.

I shall be glad if you will provide your fact or I shall gladly supply you mine on request.

As for Ikuforiji, the EFCC still have the liberty to appeal his case, until an otherwise judgement from a competent court, he remains INNOCENT and not guilty nor indicted.

I mentioned the reason the HOR gave for her indictment and would want to hear yours.

It is not enough to say they recommended so and so without listing the points on which they did so.

Moreover, NASS also indicted Mallam EL'rufai and declared him too corrupt to occupy a public office. Yet El'rufia is contesting for the Governor of Kaduna State under APC.

NB: I am good at ignoring childish insults and if you ever want a reply from me anytime then try to be polite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by noblealuu: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

The judiciary is an arm of government. The courts have taken anti government stands before and it was right. If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ? More over, the Court said that most of the information requested was already published. This has nothing to do with the president.
Let's live the man out of this. Two wrongs can never make a right. Since the woman left office, our airports have started failing. Her crime was 250m. Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.
Sir, the Nigerian corruption problems is not for the president alone to tackle. If we put our hands together, we can stop it.

God bless you! You are a treasure indeed because your points are quite understood by me.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 29, 2014
Nothing of interest here.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by jdilight(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
Who is stella oduah again, i thought she was sacked for "hand of God" story, bribery and corruption, stealing, criminal activities, misuse of funds, diverting public funds into her private account
Infact she suppose to be quarantined... Her case is beyond my powers as a chief judge...

They want the public to know how corrupt she was or weather she was a victim of regional politics. Till the cat is let out of the bag please don't take side.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by jdilight(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:

You have given a judgement as one who was part of the deal. Instead of you to encourage what was said to put a final nail on the Odua saga your here playing sectional/tribal politics. Let the information of her corruption be made public for all to see, not the propaganda we are hearing.

This group is right.

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by jdilight(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:

You have given a judgement as one who was part of the deal. Instead of you to encourage what was said to put a final nail on the Odua saga your here playing sectional/tribal politics. Let the information of her corruption be made public for all to see, not the propaganda we are hearing.

This group is right.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

: my brother tell them ooo, sometimes I wish this fools can just have an opportunity to be in the position of the president and see if the can even last a second on that sit. But anyway I just see them as kids on NL

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by jdilight(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2014
This type of groups should be encouraged so the govt will not be taking us for a ride. If the govt. knows it will be called to answer for its past, it will sit up.

Some people just see a post that appeal to their sentiment and start firing from all cylinder. Do you think the group that brought up this case has not done their due diligence unlike the multitude here that just follow the bang wagon.

Let her be nailed corrupt rightly with all the data on the table, that is what the group is asking.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by davitogreat(m): 9:21am On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

God bless you.

looking at the majority of the comments in this thread. You can tell why Nigeria is the way it is today. A bunch of degree carrying illiterates.

Plus there was never any outright purchase of bullet proof cars done by stella. There was only a lease finance arrangement.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201310290267.html

Also, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has insisted it has "no documents for the purchase of bulletproof cars" for minister of aviation Princess Stella Oduah but has documents for "the lease finance arrangement".

According toNCAA's spokesman Mr Fan Ndubuoke, "NCAA has documents relating to the Lease Finance arrangement for the procurement of Operational, Security and Safety Vehicles for the use of the Authority as provided for in its 2013 Appropriation".

Ndubuokewas reacting to reports that the agency failed to supply any document to the Freedom of Information Act request made by civil rights lawyer Mr Femi Falana (SAN). Ndubuokesaid the reports are misleading.

He said: "It is pertinent to re-state here that NCAA indeed has no documents for the purchase of bulletproof cars for the honourable minister of aviation as demanded by the Lagos Lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, (SAN).

"Instead, NCAA has documents relating to the Lease Finance arrangement for the procurement of Operational, Security and Safety Vehicles for the use of the Authority as provided for in its 2013 appropriation.

"All these documents are already in the public domain and have also been deposited with the various committees looking into the matter. The public is hereby enjoined to discountenance the innuendoes which tended to suggest that NCAA does not have documents at all regarding the bulletproof vehicles.

"It must be made clear here that Mr Femi Falana (SAN) specifically requested documents for the procurement of vehicles for the honourable minister of aviation."

Now since the lease arrangements are available to the public to purchase, the court was right to dismiss the suit.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Legislation/LFN/2011/Freedom%20Of%20Information%20Act.pdf

26. This Act does not apply to-
(a) published material or material available for purchase by the public;

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:

speak for yourself and not for ibos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abubakar Elkanemi, Shehu Of Borno To Buhari: We’re Still Under Boko Haram Siege / 2019: Gombe Youths Organize One-million March For President Buhari( Photos) / PHOTOS: Shehu Shagari's Body Leaves Abuja For Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.