Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars (19032 Views)

Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / NCAA Can’t Find Documents On Oduah's N255M Armoured BMW Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 29, 2014
I want information on fayemi N50m bed too

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by gnykelly(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2014
Dear brothers and sisters, lets pray for this guy.. www.nairaland.com/1970508/last-days-death-funeral-pains
...is bout to commit suicide
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by noguile: 9:39am On Oct 29, 2014
The judiciary under this administration has operated with little or no interference from the executive - more than any other administration since 1970. The court has decided that this one lacked jurisdiction and in the absence of an appeal should be respected.

The moral force of the Buhari/Idiagbon administration was Gen. Idiagbon of blessed memory and not Buhari. Ask Atiku he would tell you who was authorizing illegal imports on Camels back. I flinch to think of a man who will lock-up a Vice President in Kirikiri while keeping the President in luxury in a house arrest as my president. A man who could sentence politicians in their 70s and 80s to 200 years in prison for not accounting for 2 or 3 million naira while he has a case of cornering NNPC billions to his London Account cannot inspire moral rectitude in me. Public power was a problem back in 1984/85. How many new power stations did this man add to our power stock?

Your Igbonness is doubtful bro.

noblealuu:
There's no gainsaying that Jonathan's administration is corruption-friendly. Such financial recklessness has always been treated with kid gloves so I was not taken aback!

But not for the fear of the unknown as shrouded by the much talked about alleged islamization of Nigeria, Buhari would do this country much good as he has the temerity and audacity to fight corruption for which GEJ's regime has fought 'abysmally' if not left in the doldrums.

Let's am mistaken for anti-Ibo, I'm a bona fide son of Ibo land and I dnt condone any self-aggrandizement from these-so called polithicians who are painstakingly milking this country dry.

The voice of the people, is the voice of God!

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by kraftykc(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2014
To all those posting "not my problem", "this story again", "no comment" etc should consider that what we stand to lose here is more than just time. The reason why policemen can torture and even kill some people is because we choose not know what the law says. How can we have a "Freedom of Information" LAW and still have a COURT deny a news organization the right to inquire for information. Not even sensitive information that can jeopardize anyone's safety,
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by ocholawealth(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2014
If a court would deny the masses their right of/for freedom of information then i think something is being masked here. Hmmm, judges are now forming commando by engaging in inpunity too.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by noblealuu: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2014
luchy34:
speak for yourself and not for ibos

Misconstrution!
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by location(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2014
A young graduate Michael Abimbola said he needed N2 million naira to Start his life, he gave out his account details for anyone who may like to support or help his life dream: First Bank account No: 2014945171
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by waternogetenemy: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2014
Best aviation minister nigeria ever produced is clear for the senate. congrats!

APC weep!

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

The judiciary is an arm of government. The courts have taken anti government stands before and it was right. If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ? More over, the Court said that most of the information requested was already published. This has nothing to do with the president.
Let's live the man out of this. Two wrongs can never make a right. Since the woman left office, our airports have started failing. Her crime was 250m. Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.
Sir, the Nigerian corruption problems is not for the president alone to tackle. If we put our hands together, we can stop it.

The depth of ignorance in this country is abysmal. It is encouraging to see that there are pockets of bright minds like yours that shine so brightly through the veil of ignorance that have enveloped this nation.

This was simply a procedural defect in the application before the court which affected the jurisdiction of the court to sit on the matter. But rather than inquiring to see if the stated conditions precedent are actually contained in the FOI Act, "the Nigerian sheeple" preferred to draw a nexus between the judiciary as an institution and the Presidency in order to enable their favourite pastime of calling the present Nigerian administration names. It is quite saddening.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2014
A young graduate Michael Abimbola said he needed N2 million naira to Start his life, he gave out his account details for anyone who may like to support or help his life dream: First Bank account No: 2014945171

He doesn't need to start his life. What he needs is to get a life.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by PassingShot(m): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2014
In his almost 6 years at the helms, not a single case of corruption has been successfully prosecuted. I repeat, NOT ONE!

If Jonathan is given another four years, by the end of it Nigeria would have become irredeemably failed. That is to say, Nigeria will be in the same league as Iraq, Afghanistan, Liberia or even Syria.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by extension: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2014
FOi is not meant to be abuse. When you wake up from sleep,u want to know how many cups of garri your wife prepared this morning ,you go to court for Foi request.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by PassingShot(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2014
noguile:
The judiciary under this administration has operated with little or no interference from the executive - more than any other administration since 1970. The court has decided that this one lacked jurisdiction and in the absence of an appeal should be respected.

The moral force of the Buhari/Idiagbon administration was Gen. Idiagbon of blessed memory and not Buhari. Ask Atiku he would tell you who was authorizing illegal imports on Camels back. I flinch to think of a man who will lock-up a Vice President in Kirikiri while keeping the President in luxury in a house arrest as my president. A man who could sentence politicians in their 70s and 80s to 200 years in prison for not accounting for 2 or 3 million naira while he has a case of cornering NNPC billions to his London Account cannot inspire moral rectitude in me. Public power was a problem back in 1984/85. How many new power stations did this man add to our power stock?

Your Igbonness is doubtful bro.

Repeating a lie severally does not make it become the truth. Buhari has no foreign accounts anywhere in the world.

Buhari was investigated for many unsubstantiated allegations and found clean each time. He remains the ONLY person Nigeria needs right now.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Kanwulia: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2014
VICTORY FOR STELLA ODUAH!
God of EBOLA be praised!!!
Alarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkhu BAM BAM!!! cheesy

GEJ till 2029!!! kiss
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by jbaby265(f): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2014
d voice of corruption

i can perceive d smell of power

naija tinz
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by OLADD: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Lagos State Speaker was acquitted lately of any corruption in court and it is now official that the corruption tag can no longer hold.

If I may ask you, Princess Stella Oduah approved N255M for the purchase of bullet proof Cars for NCAA and you declared her super corrupt what did you say when Mallam Sanusi used N1.2 billion to hiring private jets?

When is approving purchase of cars call corruption?

Moreover, nobody asked you if you were Igbo rather your conscience was not convinced you were actually Igbo.

It is good for you to do your homework very well before exposing your ignorance in public forum.

You want us to believe that Stella Oduah enriched herself with the contract for the purchase of the armoured cars when the report of the committees by both the NASS and Presidency ruled out such allegations.

Corruption was ruled out for the fact that there was zero evidence that she benefited anything from the transaction rather the issue under contention was budget limit and approval exceeding her office without recourse to National Executive Council hence she was indicted on alleged Executive recklessness and undermining of National budget.

Stop listening to Pull Her Down bigots
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

The judiciary is an arm of government. The courts have taken anti government stands before and it was right. If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ? More over, the Court said that most of the information requested was already published. This has nothing to do with the president.
Let's live the man out of this. Two wrongs can never make a right. Since the woman left office, our airports have started failing. Her crime was 250m. Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.
Sir, the Nigerian corruption problems is not for the president alone to tackle. If we put our hands together, we can stop it.

It is so difficult to make sense out of this rubbish above. Nigerians have suffered bad leadership so much that it appears we don't even know how a government should function or the role of the executive arm of government.

If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ?

No blame it on the pepper seller in your village. Its their fault

Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.

Do you understand how ignorant this your logic is? People are saying GEJ is super corrupt, you are defending him by giving examples of corruption in the opposition party. Is that not an indictment on the GEJ? Or do you expect fashola who controls no security forces to arrest himself?

Let me put it in a simple way for you. If a governor or any member of the opposition party steals taxpayers money, whose responsibility is it to arrest and prosecute? If you can figure this out. There is hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Its so irritating when people defend GEJ by saying there is also corruption in the opposition party. How do we Nigerians think like this?

Its so bad that even appointed/elected members of the government say this. Who again is the COC? Definitely not GEJ

What is wrong with us abeg?
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by OLADD: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Lagos State Speaker was acquitted lately of any corruption in court and it is now official that the corruption tag can no longer hold.

If I may ask you, Princess Stella Oduah approved N255M for the purchase of bullet proof Cars for NCAA and you declared her super corrupt what did you say when Mallam Sanusi used N1.2 billion to hiring private jets?

Moreover, nobody asked you if you were Igbo rather your conscience was not convinced you were actually Igbo.

It is good for you to do your homework very well before exposing your ignorance in public forum.

You want us to believe that Stella Oduah enriched herself with the contract for the purchase of the armoured cars when the report of the committees by both the NASS and Presidency ruled out such allegations.

Corruption was ruled out for the fact that there was zero evidence that she benefited anything from the transaction rather the issue under contention was budget limit and approval exceeding her office without recourse to National Executive Council hence she was indicted on alleged Executive recklessness and undermining of National budget.

Stop listening to Pull Her Down bigots
[color=#006600][/color]

Thank you fort speaking to the heads of those Pull Him Down idiots. They derive so much joy in spreading mischievous tales about other people without any iota of justification or proves. They shall be paid back in their own coins.

1 Like

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Akolawole(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
chukwudi44:
I want information on fayemi N50m bed too

This is non-existing. Even Abacha will not spend £50m on 2 beds cry
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Akolawole(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
I was very happy on the day FOI bill was passed.

If properly implemented, Corruption could have reduced drastically in our country....

Too bad, Today's Judges are part and parcel of the menace
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by waternogetenemy: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

[b]Lagos State Speaker was acquitted lately of any corruption in court and it is now official that the corruption tag can no longer hold.

Stop listening to Pull Her Down bigots[/b]
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by OLADD: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
barcanista:
Here comes the troll and fallen one. Guy, can you tell us when the NASS acquitted her? For your information, NASS recommended her immediate sack as at then.
What about the Presidential Committee? they acquitted her? FYI they indicted STEALER ODUAH.

I shall be glad if you will provide your fact or I shall gladly supply you mine on request.

As for Ikuforiji, the EFCC still have the liberty to appeal his case, until an otherwise judgement from a competent court, he remains INNOCENT and not guilty nor indicted.

[color=#006600][/color]

Agreed Ikuforiji's acquittal was appealable, but as it stands, he has been let off the hook. But if this had happened to a PDP stalwart, dumb head like you would have used it as a springboard to lunch uncouth tirades and insults at GEJ and his government. The major problem of Nigeria is people like you who foolishly fall in line with any tales of lies sold to you by the seeming saintly but deceitful APC and its cronies. The more you disparage GEJ and his party, the more they soar high while the opposition continues to swim in the ocean of defeats and wild goose chase of capturing the presidency through propaganda.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by OLADD: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

[color=#006600][/color]

God bless you. Well written.
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by blackprowler: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nigeria is a joke. All this modern ways foisted by advanced societies on us just don't fit our savage minds as yet. We will always find ways to circumvent all these imported standards of human behaviours in favour of our primitive barbaric and savage ways. I'm truly upset to know what I know and be trapped as an African in Africa
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by blackprowler: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nigeria doesn't have any government or leadership problem isolatedly. It is all subsumed under or barbarism and primitiveness. You can not give what you don't have. For Nigeria to improve and get better people in governance, THE WHOLE SOCIETY must improve. It would then be impossible to have characters such as we presently have to get into big posts. It takes a long time to get there you know. These people have been vetted by the Nigerian society for years and years from a small position all the way to the top. People with the right values like some of us are in the same method weeded out earlier as we do not conform to your barbarism. The society is us; we are the society. We deserve much worse as a people than we're getting at the moment and this would soon be made clear when the free oil money tapers off and is exhausted. You have an idea what would have been in this space presently called Nigeria if no advanced civilisation ever made contact with us? SAVAGES!
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by gogodaye(m): 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
@shachris03..You need not be baffled...the standard of legal education it would seem is presently at its worst state...Suit thrown out for non compliance with conditions for initiating the suit as well as absence of a cause of action....Some weeks back..some of the over 4000 would be lawyers who failed the bar final examinations were out here crying wolf trying to elicit undeserved public sympathy to bring pressure to bear so that can be let off to replicate their incompetence
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by shizzleStar: 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
skyjohndoe:

[s]It is so difficult to make sense out of this rubbish above. Nigerians have suffered bad leadership so much that it appears we don't even know how a government should function or the role of the executive arm of government.

If the plaintiff didn't follow the stipulated guidelines, do we blame it on GEJ?

No blame it on the pepper seller in your village. Its their fault

Then what about the governor of Abia or Enugu who sacked his deputy to having a poultry farm or the Gov Amaechi who spent 1.04b on Ebola or Gov fashola who is building a rail line that is 3times costlier than the a rail line of longer distance built in Abuja or almost all the Governors in the country whom on a monthly base embezzle the LG allocations of their states or the National Assembly that take 1/3 of the national budget or the civil service who even aid this corruption. No politician can steal any money without the backing of a civil servant.

Do you understand how ignorant this your logic is? People are saying GEJ is super corrupt, you are defending him by giving examples of corruption in the opposition party. Is that not an indictment on the GEJ? Or do you expect fashola who controls no security forces to arrest himself?

Let me put it in a simple way for you. If a governor or any member of the opposition party steals taxpayers money, whose responsibility is it to arrest and prosecute? If you can figure this out. There is hope for Nigeria[/s].
You just made a very big FOOL of yourself in our futile attempt to sound intelligent. Poor sob!

@post too many dumb fools and ignoramus abound like the person i quoted. There was procedural lapses and the case was simply thrown out, but some fish head heads on seeing the name Stella Oduah simply developed or.gasm and began typing rubbish having overlooked the judges reason for dismissing the case. Pathetic
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Pamcrest(f): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Oh I didn't realise there's an exception clause in d FOI bill......hmmm Nigeria!
Condolences Media rights group but hey Stella has moved on, d cars are somewhere n d whole issue long swept under d carpet.....another rogue story stuck between d pages! It's ordinary stealing not corruption - GEJ grin
My humble submission
Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by Ilekokonit: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
noblealuu:

There's no gainsaying that Jonathan's administration is corruption-friendly. Such financial recklessness has always been treated with kid gloves so I was not taken aback!

Buhari would do this country much good as he has the temerity and audacity to fight corruption for which GEJ's regime has fought 'abysmally' if not left in the doldrums.

Let's am mistaken for anti-Ibo, I'm a bona fide son of Ibo land and I dnt condone any self-aggrandizement from these-so called polithicians who are painstakingly milking this country dry.

The voice of the people, is the voice of God!

Thanks for rising above tribal sentiments and choosing good over evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses FOI Request On Stella Oduah’s BMW Cars by ogbronx(m): 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
blackprowler:
Nigeria is a joke. All this modern ways foisted by advanced societies on us just don't fit our savage minds as yet. We will always find ways to circumvent all these imported standards of human behaviours in favour of our primitive barbaric and savage ways. I'm truly upset to know what I know and be trapped as an African in Africa
You are not the only one who feels that. I mean, you look around you and see dead minds. Its painful to know that we have the wherewithal to solve our economic and political problems but fail to grasp it.
There is something fundamentally wrong with the psyche of the negro race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War / Court Orders RMAFC To Fix Salaries Of NASS Members To Reflect Economic Realities / Nigerians Borrow To Feed As Food Prices Soar Amid Stagnated Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.