Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! (22295 Views)

Opinion: The Boy-child Should Not Be Domestically-inclined Primarily / LOCK Your Spouse UP! A Cure For Domestically-Violent Partners!!! / Boy-child or Girl-child, does it matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 1:13am On Nov 21, 2014
exthar87:
well I don't want my daughter to look up to that kind

I think that babe is from a royal lineage

Hmm.. Na pastor pikin oo!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by NobleG1(m): 3:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Why not?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Fourwinds: 5:30am On Nov 21, 2014
YourCoffin:

Okay! Woman no dey cook for me. So which woman you wan make I appreciate?
in ur earlier comment u said it is tiring. so are u telling me u are not going to get marry.? and will she not be d one cooking.? so d house u came from where dere no woman and girls who were going dis for u. so what are u saying. I said learn to appreciated dem and keep dat appreciation for d future as well
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by docsholz(m): 6:33am On Nov 21, 2014
I'm not domestically inclined yet my world didn't come to an end
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 21, 2014
iamord:

Hmm.. Na pastor pikin oo!
even if na GEJ pikin
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2014
YourCoffin:
Men will always be men. If you like teach them till thy kingdom come, it will come a time when he would dump all those stuff and start frequenting restaurants. House chores and cooking are really tiring for most men. When I mean tiring, I mean tiring.

For instance, my mum trained me quite well in that aspect. I can cook virtually everything. But right now I only boil noodles and I'm good to go. No time for all those pounding and turning of pots. Very few men retain their cooking skills as they grow because naturally they would prefer not to cook, especially ones that require time and extra care. They are just not that organized and focused as women and therefore cooking is really a hardwork for them.

If you have to force your boys to learn to cook, prepare to buy countless pots and make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready somewhere.
God bless you my brother; I am tired of people coming to nairaland to pretend from the reality. Let me add to what u have already said:

While growing up, I and my siblings were taught how to do home chores cos we were mostly boys- so everyone did everything, but as we grew up, reality fell on us- the guys became more inclined to chasing money and in the process had no time again to those home chores they did so well growing up.

My eldest bro who was the best chef in the house then can't even turn on the gas stove now he's married, and of course they have hired helps, same with others. I live alone and I don't boil water talkless of cooking cos no time to do that and I'm not complaining.

I am just tired of all these Nigerian feminists wannabes and their whining, to be honest.

I have not heard any sensible man force women to struggle as hard as men do to make money; because men know that cross isn't so easy for ladies to carry equally like them, but for ladies to contribute their own little quota- home chores, they whine about it like beast.

I am very sure some of the ladies here have brothers who passed through hell, trekked to Europe by foot just to seek for greener pastures to assist their families back home...some of u ladies here, u were trained in school by your die-hardworking brothers who did what a woman can't do to provide good life for u and your sisters and they never complained and asked your daddies to teach u ladies how to hustle with nothing!

I am sure some of u ladies living abroad don't even know how your dad travelled to that country u are now forming a citizen and typing nonsense from a computer he struggled for to ensure u had.

How many of u ladies can drive a heavy truck from Lagos to Maiduguri amidst terrorism in the north, just to provide food and good life for your family

How many of u ladies can trek from Nigeria to Europe via rigorous and dangerous desert routes just to make money to change your family

How many of u ladies can peddle drugs from Mexico to Malaysia, Netherland to Germany, etc just to make money to help train your siblings and assist your parents I am not talking of sitting idly in one office pressing computer and getting paid for doing social network all week.

I am not talking of wearing high heel shoes, painted nails, big fake weavon and sitting idly in front of TV laughing like little village witches and getting paid in the name of TV presentercheesycheesy

I mean real hustling when your parents couldn't give you enough education and equipment? I mean hustling to make your family be like others with nothing? How many of you ladies do that or how many guys whine that their sisters must hustle like them

Why are women so ungrateful and straightforward in thinking

If you feel your gender is being marginalised, why not turn yourself to another gender and become a transgender

To be a man is not a day's job, ladies stop whining and trying hard to turn men into housemaids because if u ladies succeed with this nonsense, u all will cry in future.

Nigerian Ladies!! Nigerian Ladies!!! Nigerian Ladies!!! How many times did I called you people Make una leave oyimbo and their own lifestyle o...this trouble you ladies are trying to wake up, when it wakes up, it will consume mother, father, son, daughter, grandfather and grandmother!!!

Nature made things normal; assigned each gender unique roles based on their strength, fragility, endurance level, etc, but out of our selfish and useless human wisdom we think we can be smarter than nature and God right?

Nature has ordained certain roles and traits for male and female, let's all embrace, appreciate and respect those assigned roles and live happily.

It is these nonsense worries that led people to become transgenders...na wa o...may God help una shaaa....and may he give those looking for sissy husband one to love.

All those looking for stay-at-home husband who will be cooking and cleaning for them while they praise him- my romantic, lovely, caring darling husband, I love you...may nature grant that request to you ladies!

For those who may want to attack me, no need to worry because I am already on my way to Australiacheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 21, 2014
Pls let's not pull out of God intentions for this world cos of woman emancipation drama....God didn't create a man to be domesticated, and dats y he made him a helper frm him(man) to assist him at home and nt at work so women shld do dose tins and if the man, wich is solely up to him decides to give u a helpin hand den u praise the lord...so in essence its up to the man...as for boys laundry and mama put no dey go strike...women and dia fyt for equality....make una no annoy God ooo...well I get ur pain sha...u guys didn't take part in creation like men did and u long for just a slice of it...
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by holysaint1(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2014
Mondisweets:
Dont expect NL guys to contribute on this thread unless it involves bashing women grin

#OMJ... She caught us RED-HANDED sad
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by UjSizzle(f): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2014
Men learning how to handle domestic chores is a plus, but how do we teach them to 'multi-task' and clean up after themselves when they are done?

My dad and first bro are good cooks, but my kitchen looks like hurricane Katrina passed through it when they're done. These days I'm not even sure which is harder for me: cooking when I'm exhausted, or cleaning up the mess they've made. Still super grateful for the help though smiley

Then the multi-tasking! Hmmm. I've had reasons to believe women are waaaaay (for emphasis) better at this. Mentally timing the meal, cleaning, keeping an eye on the kids, calculating everything else that needs doing, and still manage them all efficiently cheesy
Makes sense why men want the women to handle the domestic end, they have a one-track mind; domestic stuff is HELL for them. I know because I've lived with men all my life. When they can be bothered to help, give them ONE chore at a time.

Still being domestically inclined is a plus on any scale wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by mimibets(f): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Studies(by me) have shown that men who were domestically inclined as boys are better sons,brothers,boyfriends,husbands,fathers and in general,better individuals than men who were not.
They appreciate women more and don't have the mentality that women are underdogs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Dcmg(m): 8:54am On Nov 21, 2014
True that!
But the more guys are specialized in domestic chores will make ladies more and more irrelevant to us but maybe for Sex.
Guys,if you no want make any woman do shakara for you,my advice,go and learn how to cook "Very Well".
And its like nowadays guys are becoming better cooks than ladies.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by dnawah(m): 9:33am On Nov 21, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...
but that scares most girls away.they say men that can cook,always complain of they women food.me na expert for cooking o!

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by aghaibiam(f): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2014
Boys should be taught domestic duties,I agree.
What extra stuff should girls be taught that are perceived as manly duties?
I can tell you a few,changing car tyres.how many ladies can do that?I can't.
Some ladies will stay in the dark until a man is around because they can't change a bulb.
How many ladies can start a generator?I mean the keyless type?
Killing of chicken and livestock .
Feel free to add yours.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by ihedinobi2: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2014
The girl-child should also be, er, how shall I put it, economically inclined. cheesy

We should also be teaching women how to see economic opportunities, social responsibilities and scientific challenges so that they can make ground-breaking inventions, redefine civilizations and build vast commercial enterprises out of nothing and they should do it as a normal thing.

smiley cool

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by iamord(m): 11:10am On Nov 21, 2014
exthar87:
even if na GEJ pikin

I tell u..na Them sabi

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
You can do all the chores but please leave cooking for me biko!!!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
nomabeeee:
I learnt how to do a lot of domestic work while I was growing up..if you will agree with me,mothers are only concerned about their girl-child being domestically inclined. They teach their girl-child probably because they feel knowing or doing domestic work is meant for just the female..

I personally don't agree to the fact that domestic work is meant for only the female..I think mothers should also teach their boy-child domestic work too..if you can teach your girl how to sweep,clean,cook,do the dishes and laundry then your boy should also learn that as well..it goes a long way..

The importance of the boy-child being domestically inclined is that when he grows up,he stands on his own.That knowledge helps him take care of his personal needs not to go about looking for someone to do it for him..this is my opinion...

And the bickering starts............AGAIN!!!

Don't you girls get tired of all these.

You really know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
What value does domestic work add to the male?

How many households have you actually seen that the boys don't do domestic work. I think people are just blowing this thing out of proportion. What is the percentage of households who don't teach their boys domestic work. Its very insignificant.

Even if you teach a guy domestic work, unless he is jobless in future, he probably will still need someone to do it. Besides if your husbands were excellent domestic workers, trust me all you girls making so much noise will not be comfortable with him. Because you would all feel intimidated.

Besides how many of you girls can fix a bulb in your house or repair the door bell, or kill the chicken that you will cook. DO you even know how to wash a car or change the tire? Do you know how to check the oil and temp of a car? Can you change oil in a car? Do you know how to start a generator? Can you operate the TV that you watch beyond pressing the power button and the channel or volume button. Do you even know where to locate the button without the remote? Do you even know what the power button looks like?

Who taught the boys all of that? Where were you when they were teaching the boys all that.

Abeg make una go siddon one place and stop all these your feminist inclined reasoning.

Haba!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by leonard509(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
eleojo23:
You're correct. I learnt how to do most of the house chores before my sisters. Cooking, washing my siblings clothes, etc. I did all of that and still do whenever I'm at our family house (minus the clothe washing 'cos we are all grown up now). Back then, my mum even preferred my cooking to my sisters'.
I also learnt how to bake cakes and make doughnuts from my mum because I was her 'assistant' whenever she did it then.

Now that I'm on my own, I don't have problem managing myself. I go to the market to buy food stuffs and do the cooking (I don't like eating out).
I wake up early to make my breakfast (not just bread and tea!) before leaving for work by 7.30am.
i think our lives are somewhat similar bro. She prefers me to my jnr sisters when it come to these things.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
princefunmi:

How many households have you actually seen that the boys don't do domestic work. I think people are just blowing this thing out of proportion. What is the percentage of households who don't teach their boys domestic work. Its very insignificant.

Even if you teach a guy domestic work, unless he is jobless in future, he probably will still need someone to do it. Besides if your husbands were excellent domestic workers, trust me all you girls making so much noise will not be comfortable with him. Because you would all feel intimidated.

Besides how many of you girls can fix a bulb in your house or repair the door bell, or kill the chicken that you will cook. DO you even know how to wash a car or change the tire? Do you know how to check the oil and temp of a car? Can you change oil in a car? Do you know how to start a generator? Can you operate the TV that you watch beyond pressing the power button and the channel or volume button. Do you even know where to locate the button without the remote? Do you even know what the power button looks like?

Who taught the boys all of that? Where were you when they were teaching the boys all that.

Abeg make una go siddon one place and stop all these your feminist inclined reasoning.

Haba!!!!
Don't mind all these confused females! How many of them can switch on the generator without calling on their brother? How many of them wash their papa car? How many of them can fix fan, change ordinary ligh bulb? How many of them like u said, can kill a chicken to cook? When they hear gun shot at night, who do they run to or call: their brother and father, but for their little domestic contribution, they make it seem like a mountain, honestly women are selfish and inconsiderate creatures! They don't think before they act- they just open their mouth and talk anyhow but when its time to act, they zoom off! Thanks for this your great comment jareh; may God never allow me have any woman that think like some of these females here in my life. Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by UjSizzle(f): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
aghaibiam:
Some ladies will stay in the dark until a man is around because they can't change a bulb.
Feel free to add yours.
My dear, some people are more emotionally inclined to kill animals than others. I can't kill a chicken. If someone else won't do it, then no chicken cheesy
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
aghaibiam:
Feel free to add yours.
smiley
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by ihedinobi2: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
UjSizzle:

My dear, some people are more emotionally inclined to kill animals than others. I can't kill a chicken. If someone else won't do it, then no chicken cheesy
That divide is biased more to men than women. It has always been weird to see women hunters and warriors. Always. The Amazons were the "legend" they were for that particular reason: that they were an anomaly. You don't hear anyone making that much of a horde of men going to war. We only talk abouy spectacular male warriors who stood out in battle. Till today I have never cared whether the Amazons won or lost their battles or who their leader was just that they were women who went to war.

Modernization de do people sometin sha! There will always be male roles and female roles. Whether we are all living in space and wearing astronaut suits to parties and drinking out of star-cups or we're living here on earth and eating with silverware.

Women really should make peace with their feminity, abeg. Keep the house in order. Your brain was designed to be able to handle that function. We will endeavor to make sure that the house is provided for, secure and integrated into the larger community too. That's what our brains are wired for.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
princefunmi:

Haba!!!!

The examples you have listed are not even anything special.
I can do MOST of these things on the list. Whatever I can't do, I can pay for. wink

By the way, there are some things I can't do and I have seen plenty of guys who can't do them either.
Put up new furniture is an example, hang a new lamp is another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by UjSizzle(f): 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:

That divide is biased more to men than women. It has always been weird to see women hunters and warriors. Always. The Amazons were the "legend" they were for that particular reason: that they were an anomaly. You don't hear anyone making that much of a horde of men going to war. We only talk abouy spectacular male warriors who stood out in battle. Till today I have never cared whether the Amazons won or lost their battles or who their leader was just that they were women who went to war.

Modernization de do people sometin sha! There will always be male roles and female roles. Whether we are all living in space and wearing astronaut suits to parties and drinking out of star-cups or we're living here on earth and eating with silverware.

Women really should make peace with their feminity, abeg. Keep the house in order. Your brain was designed to be able to handle that function. We will endeavor to make sure that the house is provided for, secure and integrated into the larger community too. That's what our brains are wired for.
Ok nice story. But what has this got to do with killing chicken? undecided
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by ihedinobi2: 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
UjSizzle:

Ok nice story. But what has this got to do with killing chicken? undecided
This: male humans/people are more emotionally inclined to kill animals than female humans.

Sort of a correction.

cool
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by UjSizzle(f): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
ihedinobi2:

This: male humans/people are more emotionally inclined to kill animals than female humans.

Sort of a correction.

cool
Story. I'm talking chickens here. It's strange to find a woman who can't kill a chicken she cooks, skin and chop it up.

And I was only telling the person I quoted that killing anything at all requires some emotional ....(fill in appropriate word).

What has it got to do with embracing feminity?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by fhunn: 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL!

Investing now to reap the benefits tomorrow wink

@OP: A lot of guys were taught but they atill feel it is demeaning to do chores and dump it at the slightest chance or wait still they get married.

If [b] bomboy [\b] never saw daddy doing chores, no amount of training will make him do it in future except if he decides to change

Wetin/who be bomboy?
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
what the Bleep is domestically inclined? and why the double Bleep is this on the front page> hian oh!

1 Like

Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The examples you have listed are not even anything special.
I can do MOST of these things on the list. Whatever I can't do, I can pay for. wink

By the way, there are some things I can't do and I have seen plenty of guys who can't do them either.
Put up new furniture is an example, hang a new lamp is another.

And doing domestic work is something special abi?

There are equally as many women who cant do domestic work

I know I'm a damn good cook and there are some women who can't even boil water.

So madam talk another thing or park well!
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
princefunmi:

And doing domestic work is something special abi?

There are equally as many women who cant do domestic work

I know I'm a damn good cook and there are some women who can't even boil water.

So madam talk another thing or park well!

Who said it?

It's not, it's booooooooooring.
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by gidjah(m): 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
homesteady:

I'm sorry to say this, it has not helped you at all! Instead you are suffering! Restaurants are not only for people who don't want cook, it is also for people to taste different kinds of food! Variety is the spice of life!
So for 5years you stayed in college, you never ate outside? you never ate things like fried rice, moin moin, and some special foods that students don't normally make?
young man!who told u am suffering?who told u std do not make such foods while in sch?stop bin blind n c afar !i hv bin to sme schools in europe n africa,student cook what ever they like.i do not do this because i am hungry, i do it 4discipline .i can as wel eat in d most expensive restaurant in any state i go to
Re: The Boy-child Should Also Be Domestically Inclined!!! by Sike(m): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
impossibility! Man will always be a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / My Wife Burnt My Boxers Because I Didn't Give Her 30k / Benue Girl Who Was Found Wandering In Abakaliki Reunites With Her Dad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.