Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? (23066 Views)

On Bright Echefu And His "Ill Timed" Engagement / Photo: What Do You Think; The Dark Skinned Kids Are Saying Or Thinking? / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Agrika: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Mummy sef
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by dre11(m): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
thorpido:
It's possible.Depends on your family history like someone said.
There is the dominant gene and recessive gene.If someone in your lineage is fair,your child could pick that.
You are more likely to have dark complexioned babies however.

What can you do about it?Nothing.
Just raise your kids well with good self-esteem and healthy.

I couldn't have said it better
Very possible and it depends on ur family lineage and which is dominant and recessive gene
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by LizNaira: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
sometimes its genetics if some one in your family was light it is possible. Sun damage can darken your skin

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by soulglo: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lovethlovesmike:
Thanks @ all for your kind words. He has only met my mom twice but this whole skin colour problem has made me to become insecure. My sister's son is very dark too and thats all my mom has been saying that na wa for his skin colour. Its all because me and my bf are dark thats why i've started thinking about it although it has never been a problem in our relationship.

After this nonsense you wrote I hope that man runs far away from you and your family. I feel sorry for your sisters son. If your grandmother could say such a thing about her own grandchild, I shudder to think of how a child like that would cope. My mother would not be bold enough nor heartless enough to speak about any of her grand kids that way. Not even if they had eyes were their nose should be. Nonsense. You and your family should leave that poor man alone. He deserves better. You can educate an ignorant person but you can't fix stoopeed
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
I just had to chip in. Can't you make your mum stop denigrating your nephew (her grandson)?

Whenever she starts, just politely tell her to stop saying that; that it's insulting to the little boy. Does skin colour determine one's destiny?

I blame you too because you gave her the audience to continue airing her skin colour thoughts. There are somethings my mum says that don't go down well with me and I voice out my displeasure at once and that does it.

The earlier you voice out yours, the better. Also try to develop your self confidence and don't allow others' opinion deny you of your happiness whether they are family or not.

STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN!

7 Likes

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
This thread is painful sad

Yes it is possible but once your child comes it will not matter. Ask your mum why it matters so much to her? Skin colour was not an issue for you until she made it one, so it's interesting because she may have previously done a great job in making you feel beautiful until your boyfriend popped up.

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by tpia6: 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
soulglo:

Nonsense. You and your family should leave that poor man alone. He deserves better.

i dont know why some men will knowingly open their eyes and enter all kinds of rascally situations in the name of dating somebody.

oro fe adura.

i guess like attracts like sha?

1 Like

Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by sayisayi(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Be honest na. This thing is very common among Afrikan people. Colorism. Backward, wannabee light morons!
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Dannylux: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2014
A person's physical appearance (phenotype) had little or nothing to contribute in determination of the person's progeny's complexion. It's all about the genes, skin colour determination is hugely genotypical.

These things skip generation. It depends on heterogeneity or homogeneity likewise the dominance or recessiveness of either of the genes (light skin and dark skin genes). It's even possible for you two to birth an albino!

If two of you are carriers(Cc) of dark skin gene.. you'd have a 3:1 ratio of fair to dark skin. If CC.. then you'd have all fair kids but when the recessive gene is homogeneous (cc), in this case, there's only one possibility.. Dark skinned kids all through but does it matter?

There shouldn't be discrimination amongst Africans on the bases of skin colour. Educate your Mum on this.

This is Africa.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by mutter(f): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!

You should be ashamed to even mention this here
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2014
It's unfortunate that your mother's comments on your skin tone were hurtful to you but you are internalizing this too much. Don't go and develop a resentment for your BF and future offspring because of this, it is not worth it.

The last born from our family took after the darker tone of our mother's side of the family, we used to call her chocolate baby, in playful jest but she's becoming a doctor now and that is more important than her skin tone.

Live your dreams and be less concerned about a genetic gift you had no hand in bringing about, concentrate on the one you can influence becoming the best you you can be.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2014
Be proud of who and what you are and nobody can make you feel bad about yourself. That's what I usually tell my older daughter as she is the only dark skinned amongst my kids.Hubby is dark and she took after him.I do tell her to be proud of her complexion.Nothing wrong with being black nau.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by tpiadotcom: 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dannylux:
A person's physical appearance (phenotype) had little or nothing to contribute in determination of the person's progeny's complexion. It's all about the genes, skin colour determination is hugely genotypical.

These things skip generation. It depends on heterogeneity or homogeneity likewise the dominance or recessiveness of either of the genes (light skin and dark skin genes). It's even possible for you two to birth an albino!

If two of you are carriers(Cc) of dark skin gene.. you'd have a 3:1 ratio of fair to dark skin. If CC.. then you'd have all fair kids but when the recessive gene is homogeneous (cc), in this case, there's only one possibility.. Dark skinned kids all through but does it matter?

There shouldn't be discrimination amongst Africans on the bases of skin colour. Educate your Mum on this.

This is Africa.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by baralatie(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
egopersonified:
people, even family and friends, would always find something to complain about. Please be comfortable and confident in yourself, there is nothing wrong with a dark baby as long as it doesnt look sickly.
follow this advice
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by anncook158: 1:58pm On May 25, 2016
It is the pride of every parent to have beautiful babies. But not all that have the knowledge of making that dream come true. For real, you can have beautiful babies irrespective of how you and your spouse look. It takes just simple processes for this to be achieved. I found more information for those who want to know how will your baby look like, you can read it here: http://motherhow.com/what-will-my-baby-look-like-why-do-we-care/
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by eyinjuege: 10:38pm On May 25, 2016
Why do you people hate dark skinned people so much?

Do you think fair skinned folks are better? You need to change your mindset.

Are you saying you would love your child less if he/she were dark skinned?

Please learn to love yourself.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by zed7: 11:55pm On May 25, 2016
70% of the attitude and mentality of Nigerian women is from their mother's. The remaining 30% is from their friends. Mother's make or mar their female children.
Re: Can Two Dark People Make A Bright Skinned Baby? by Nyceguy92: 2:04am On May 26, 2016
[quote author=Lovethlovesmike post=27539183]

I assume the dark skin colour you don't like is dark as charcoal, which is rare.
Dark skin is good, especially healthy dark skin.

It is possible for two dark skin people to have a light skin child.
It depends on their genetic makeup.
If any of the parties have relatives - distant or not - who had light skin, it may manifest in some of their children.

Genes, the material that carry/transfer physical characteristics, are always combining and recombining over time.
There is nothing you can do to manipulate/select the skin colour. It is nature's game of chance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me And My Twin Brother / My Wife Kept Kids Hungry And Travelled To See Mum / Who Enjoys Sex;male Or FEMALE???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.