Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (875994 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2018
mavinc4u:

Have they not responded to you? My whatsapp is not working because whatsapp dey vex for BlackBerry so I will look for a better phone to insert my sim.

I called you two days ago, your number was unreachable.

Immigration (police and border guard) didn't respond.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
slysite4real:

Hi Guys,

I came to Tallinn September last year and i went through a lot to get here. I cant believe i made it here. Am going to share few tips with you on what i wished someone told me before i came. This is my personal opinon

Admission
Ensure you apply for admission early because most time its given on first come, first serve basis.
Strive to get a tuition waiver. if you cant get one, then its fine. Just ensure you bring enough money to cover at least one year tuition.
Apply for scholarships, this will help you a lot prior to finding a job.
Do your IELTS/TOEFL test early.

This is actually the easy part, now the hard part

After Getting Admission
Once you get your admission decision, ensure you apply for visa early like in April. Turkey, Russia, Israel and Egypt are your best routes. Dont waste your money on UK.
For Israel route, contact Godswill Nkwusi. He was the one that helped them last year.
Try to form a whats app group, this will help a lot especially with information.
Apply for hostel very early. Akadeemia 7/1 and 7/2 is really nice but for those looking for affordable accommodation Akadeemia tee 5 and 11 is great.
Buy health insurance preferably Swiss as the other option (ERGO) is more expensive, if you are on a budget you can pay quarterly.
Do not carry any form of medicine or contraband into the airport because as a Nigerian, you will be subjected to an embarrassing form of baggage search.
Dress decently to the airport, the more professional you look, the less scrutinised you are.
Turkish airline is the best you can use from Nigeria to Transit destination to Estonia. This is because when you get to Istanbul, you will not be searched again as against when you enter Schegen zone.
Book an appointment with the Estonian embassy on time.
Do not exceed your visa stay as you will pay a penalty on point of departure.
Book an airbnb accommodation i.e you can book a three bedroom flat and three people can share the cost. Be careful and try not to stay with strangers all in the name of cutting cost. Most Nigerian guys do a lot of dubious stuff in these countries so be careful.
When going to the Estonian embassy, please have all the required documents, print and fill your form correctly. It makes life easier for you trust me.
For those without scholarship, ensure you have a sponsor's letter or an account with enough money in it.
The fear of Euro academy is the beginning of wisdom. It is so unpredictable and they have this constant battle with the government so please be careful.
Please if you are coming to Estonia with the intention of hustling and running away from school (especially euroacademia students), dont bother coming, so you dont create bad name for us.
Bring your laptop and buy your phone in Nigeria as these things are expensive here.
Ensure you bring enough money for your living expenses (1000 euros). TRP takes time to come out and you cant get a job without your TRP.
Dont waste your time packing clothes because you may not use it. Just pack sneakers, sweaters, hoodies and winter jackets for the cold.
For those using Egypt and turkey, be very careful because i assure you, you will be ripped off (moneywise) especially cab men
Estonian food suck, so make sure you bring some naija foodstuffs from home especially milk, palmoil, crayfish e.t.c

Lastly, ensure you read this page from the beginning as it would help you a lot.

If i remember any more tips, i would post. Pardon the English as it was written in a hurry.

Between TU and TUT which uni accept more african students thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Suplexx:

I called you two days ago, your number was unreachable.

Immigration (police and border guard) didn't respond.

On the 2 emails?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
mavinc4u:

On the 2 emails?

Yes. Although it was Friday evening I wrote them
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
Suplexx:

Yes. Although it was Friday evening I wrote them

Okay, I will mail them too.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
mavinc4u:

Okay, I will mail them too.

They have responded now. But you can still mail sha
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 3:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
The police and border guard responded to my question about Euroacademy students getting TRP.

They said we can apply for TRP. But refusal can come if the issue of trustworthiness of the institution comes up. For instance, last Autumn, there was issue of trustworthiness of Euroacademy.

What they want is that the students admitted are actually going for studies.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
I still asked them another question again. I asked if embassies will not give us problems (students going to Euroacademy).

I asked in my first mail, but they didn't answer that aspect, or may I was not clear enough.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by pryd(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
@slysite4real thanks for the heads up.

Please, guys, is there a WhatsApp group for prospective students?

Cheers
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
Suplexx:
The police and border guard responded to my question about Euroacademy students getting TRP.

They said we can apply for TRP. But refusal can come if the issue of trustworthiness of the institution comes up. For instance, last Autumn, there was issue of trustworthiness of Euroacademy.

What they want is that the students admitted are actually going for studies.
just pray say make everything go well
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2018
please apart from transcript and certificate, should one also notarize Ielts test form and reference letters?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2018
chaiks:
please apart from transcript and certificate, should one also notarize Ielts test form and reference letters?
u applied to tut right? have u gotten Skype interview date?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 8:08am On Jan 28, 2018
Saintsquare:
u applied to tut right? have u gotten Skype interview date?
nope. am applying to Tartu. about to pay application fee .
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2018
chaiks:
nope. am applying to Tartu. about to pay application fee .
OK
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ayobamimoses: 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys

I have been following this thread for a year. i am ready to apply but i have not done my toefl yet. The date available was march and i had not choice. i want to know if applying 2 days before deadline would affect my chances. Secondly i would be applying for software engineering at university of tartu and i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
Saintsquare:
OK
have you applied?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
chaiks:
have you applied?
yup
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
ayobamimoses:
Hi guys

I have been following this thread for a year. i am ready to apply but i have not done my toefl yet. The date available was march and i had not choice. i want to know if applying 2 days before deadline would affect my chances. Secondly i would be applying for software engineering at university of tartu and i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
you can start by filling the application on dream apply, once you have all the docs available then you can submit the application and pay before deadline.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chaiks: 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
Saintsquare:
yup
ok.tut right?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ayobamimoses: 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thanks alot. So i will send my toefl score to them later then

Saintsquare:
you can start by filling the application on dream apply, once you have all the docs available then you can submit the application and pay before deadline.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
chaiks:
ok.tut right?
yes
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
ayobamimoses:
Thanks alot. So i will send my toefl score to them later then

I guess you will upload the original certificate on dream apply in documents section, I don't know how TOEFL works cos I used ielts .
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 29, 2018
chaiks:

Check the admission requirements for the university you're applying to. I'm sure they'd have clearly stated the docs you're to notarize
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2018
Saintsquare:
Between TU and TUT which uni accept more african students thanks
both ! I am also a student of Tallinn university , also u don't av to pay school fees until u get here. And the Fees can be paid instalmental, 4 months each semester !
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 9:01am On Jan 29, 2018
Miles300:
both ! I am also a student of Tallinn university , also u don't av to pay school fees until u get here. And the Fees can be paid instalmental, 4 months each semester !
This is good,seems tut admission is slow and tedious with all the exam palava
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 9:23am On Jan 29, 2018
Saintsquare:
This is good,seems tut admission is slow and tedious with all the exam palava
yeah TU gives admission faster !
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2018
Miles300:
yeah TU gives admission faster !
Hope everything is good over there bro
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 10:14am On Jan 29, 2018
Saintsquare:
Hope everything is good over there bro
o yes , we just started lectures today tho , after that heading to my work place
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nutworks100: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Miles300:
o yes , we just started lectures today tho , after that heading to my work place
how long does it take to get a response back from Tallinn University after applying on dreamapply, Application fees paid, and all docs uploaded
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nutworks100:
how long does it take to get a response back from Tallinn University after applying on dreamapply, Application fees paid, and all docs uploaded
if all documents are uploaded , they will contact u for an interview afterwards u will be asked to forward all your documents to dem via courier !
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Uglyboy2015: 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hi boss,
Please what’s the accommodation like in Tallin Uni

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.