Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Idea Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Idea Of Love (775 Views)

Nigerian Girls And The Idea Of “runs Girlism”: When The Hunter Becomes Hunted / What Is Your Idea Of A Romantic Date? / Why Do Men Hate The Idea Of Their Wife Or Girlfriend Having Male Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Idea Of Love by chidify: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
Is there really something called “love”? I am not speaking about the love you feel for your children, siblings or parents, but the one in the dating/relationship sense.

Is it a word that is simply thrown around to help you get laid? Or do you just say it to your partner because you have reached a point in your relationship where it is expected. I know that I have said those words quite a couple of times, but looking back now, I realise that I never understood the meaning of it and I still don’t. I said those words to my partner because he expected it not because I actually understood or felt the emotion.

To most people, love is that encompassing, life changing thing that you should hold on to strongly. What is the definition of love? What if what you feel is just strong affection or lust or infatuation? How can you tell the difference?

I ask because I am confused by the different ways we throw this word around. I think love is a myth, like those myths of heroes who achieved impossible deeds, we probably invented the idea of love just to comfort ourselves that there is this perfect illusion that we have to attain.

Copied from:http://singlelagosbabe..com
Re: The Idea Of Love by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
Question for d gods

1 Like

Re: The Idea Of Love by iceberylin(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
edozie04:
Question for d gods
edozie04:
Question for d gods
seconded angry

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea? / Top Romancelanders Of 2014 / Happy New Year Wishes And Greetings For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.