Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker (66377 Views)

Adams Dabotorudima Emerges The Speaker Of Rivers State House Of Assembly [PICS] / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
karlmax2:
the house of rep members that defected from pdp to apc has a case in court and tambuwal is not part of that case they claim pdp has crises during the npdp period if u can remember once the court grants judgement in favour of pdp inec would declare their sit vacant .pdp as at today does not have division. So if u listen to why tambuwal defected is not in the constitution tambuwal has just lost his sit i expect inec to declare it vacant in days to come .tambuwal can take his case to court conny man die conny man burie am
what of the labour party house of rep members that defected to pdp.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by karlmax2: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

AM SURE THE POLICE ARE EQUAL TO TASK.THEY WILL NOT ALLOW AN IMPOSTOR ACCESS INTO THE HALLOWED CHAMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.IF HE WANTS TO RETURN,LE HE STAND FOR ANOTHER ELECTION.
yesoo under apc he can then come back and his apc posses can vote him speaker again but till then he has to go for another election. Simple

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by kolamilan(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tundeajani:
and this crap made fb..i think nairaland is in the hands of the pdp and the satanic group.
i guess u're commenting on a wrong forum this is not facebook.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

Don't be sìlly. Is the IGP a lawyer or a judge to use judiciary review to interpret the Constitution?

SO YOU MEAN THE POLIC SHOULD ALSO WAIT FOR COURT ORDERS BEFORE THEY ARREST ARMED ROBBERS TOO? THEY MOVE IN WHEN THEY SEE ANYONE WHO THEY THINK IS GOING AGAINST THE CONSTITTUTION AND TAKE HIM TO COURT FOR INTERPRETATION.THE TACTICAL TEAM FOR THEM TO DO WAS TO WITHDRAW TAMBUWAL'S SECURITY AND ALL ACCOLADES ATTACHED TO HIS OFFICE PENDING WHEN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTIN RULES ON THE MATTER.

7 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by hardywaltz(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

VER GOOD THEN.THE FORMER SPEAKER SHOULD THEN GO TO COURT TO TRY AND RECLAIM HIS SEAT.BUT IN THE INTERIM,THE NEW SPEAKER EMEKA IHEDIOHA SHOULD HELP STEER THE NATION THROUGH THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS
Speakership position is not an inheritance; for the house to reconvene before the 3rd of December it requires atleast 3/4 members to sign the notice. Let "ur speaker Ihedioha" try and reconvene house and muster the 2/3 majority to form the necessary qurom. Legislative business is not for the unintelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

you do not impeach a someone who is not a member of the HOR let alone been speaker.The ertwhile speaker lost his seat when he decamped to the APC HENCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR IMPEACHMENT
what of the ondo state house of rep members that defected with mimiko to the pdp. What does the constitution says about it sir?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by karlmax2: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
blym4real:
labour party is free to fight their case if your in labour party u can start the process.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by OAM4J: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

AM SURE THE POLICE ARE EQUAL TO TASK.THEY WILL NOT ALLOW AN IMPOSTOR ACCESS INTO THE HALLOWED CHAMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.IF HE WANTS TO RETURN,LE HE STAND FOR ANOTHER ELECTION.

I expect a court pronouncement asking for maintenance the status quo in matters of days, if Jonathan/IG will honor that is left to be seen.

OBJ tried this against Atiku and he failed.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Ahmeduana(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
Nonsense!!! Arrant Nonsense,
This IGP is just taking laws into his hand,,has the house impeached himhas the court declared his seat vacant,,,why can't the same thing be done to Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo who recently decamped to PDP.
One of the reason I don't like this PDP's government.
GEJ was my candidate in 2011,,time to correct my mistake.
Btw,wat does the constitution quoted says,,,the second paragraph gives room to decamp bt only on the ground that there is conflict or faction in d party.
Presently in sokoto there is faction in PDP,,,so why is the IGP taking laws into his own hands?
ALL THIS YOU ARE TALKING IS JUST A RANT OF DEAD RAT, PLEASE MR GREAT GUY FOR YOU LEAVE UP TO YOUR NAME TELL YOUR HANDLER TO DO THE NEEDFUL BY QUITTING THAT SIT HONOURABLE AFTER ALL THE SIT NEVER BELONGS TO HIM!

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by atlwireles: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
When will he be evicted from the speaker's residence. angry
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Omimah: 2:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

SO YOU MEAN THE POLIC SHOULD ALSO WAIT FOR COURT ORDERS BEFORE THEY ARREST ARMED ROBBERS TOO? THEY MOVE IN WHEN THEY SEE ANYONE WHO THEY THINK IS GOING AGAINST THE CONSTITTUTION AND TAKE HIM TO COURT FOR INTERPRETATION.THE TACTICAL TEAM FOR THEM TO DO WAS TO WITHDRAW TAMBUWAL'S SECURITY AND ALL ACCOLADES ATTACHED TO HIS OFFICE PENDING WHEN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTIN RULES ON THE MATTER.
Illiterate! You're a big f00l. Never quote me.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Godson32(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Paving way for ndi igbo,lols! Emeka Ihedioha prayer,whosoever sitting on my position will not find peace until he leave that position. God has answered ur prayers,ride on. Na joke o.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:

Speakership position is not an inheritance; for the house to reconvene before the 3rd of December it requires atleast 3/4 members to sign the notice. Let "ur speaker Ihedioha" try and reconvene house and muster the 2/3 majority to form the necessary qurom. Legislative business is not for the unintelligent.

Bros ihedioha does not need 2/3 votes to become speaker. The constitution is very clear on that. He automatically becomes speaker when the office becomes vacant as is the case now.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by saintneo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
felony101:
I am not a politician but @least I know a deep depth of the constitution through law.... The speaker deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. Mr IG d section quoted why didn't u make it known n understood to us.. Now lemme ask a question mimiko dat decamped to PDP was der noise? No his security is even tighter by d PDP let's stop supporting corruption

This law is applicable to the Legislative Chambers.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
karlmax2:
labour party is free to fight their case if your in labour party u can start the process.
sir, are you implying that the constitution is not applicable to labour party.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Afroconnect: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
Naija has been recycling old corrupt,money hungry tribalistic bigots since 1900...these guys do nothing than f-ck young girls,steal money,shop for the latest automobiles and pop champaign all day,when they reach the hallowed chambers of the house, they sleep...crazy naija.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by TBD(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
By Power of God GEJ will be disgrace out of office. Come 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
Omimah:

Illiterate! You're a big f00l. Never quote me.

You re the illiterate here.Tambuwal should go to court. Mind you the police wout not tolerate anyone who impersonates the office of the speaker

6 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by agabusta: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:

For a person to loose his or her seat, a court of competent jurisdiction or the Speaker of the House has to formally declare the seat of that legislator vacant.

Jezzzzzz where do they get ur lousy guys from?

I just dont understand. They are so dull!!!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
atlwireles:
When will he be evicted from the speaker's residence. angry
didn't know you were pro jonathan.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Bigfellas(m): 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IN THE POLITICS OF THIS COUNTRY....... I DETEST ALMOST ALL OF OUR OLDER POLITICIANS AS THEY ARE ALL CROOKS AND THIEVES... I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE ALL CROSS-CARPETING. TO ME, IT IS A MEANS TO CONTINUE THEIR LOOTING AND EVIL AGENDAS. BUT WHAT I BELIEVE IS THAT THE LAW IS MEANT FOR EVERYONE. IF BY THE VIRTUE OF THE 1999 CONSTITUTION, THE SPEAKER IS TO VACATE HIS POSITION, THEN THE SAME SHOULD APPLY TO MIMIKO AND EVERY OTHER PERSON. PERSONALLY, TO ME, I THINK THE IG IS JUST PLAYING THE CARD OF HIS MASTER WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE RULING PARTY. HE HAS NOT LET THE JUDICIARY DO ITS WORK... THAT IS WRONG. ANYWAY JONATHAN WAS MY CHOICE IN THE 2011 ELECTION BUT HE HAS FAILED ME AND I NEED TO CORRECT MY MISTAKE. BUHARI WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MY CHOICE BUT THEN APC IS A PARTY THAT HAS PROVED TO ME WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF IN THE SOUTHWEST REGARDLESS OF WHICH CANDIDATE IS BROUGHT FORWARD.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Ahmeduana(m): 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tundeajani:
and this crap made fb..i think nairaland is in the hands of the pdp and the satanic group.
YOU SEE YOUR LIFE? SEE WHAT HATRED AS TURN YOU TO! YOU CAN'T DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN FRONT-PAGE (fp) and facebook (fb)
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by calaway: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
amobii:
wonder why Gov. Mimiko, does not vacate his seat or IG withdrawing the security, and some state assembly in the state. The constitution is only meant for opposition parties not for PDP, well it's getting closer and people are getting wiser with their game, time will tell for revolution.

Typical APC fellow if not violent they are very illogical...... why not ask yourself.....Can you comprehend what you read(read section 68sub.1-g)? ...was tambuluwa sacked from being a member of the house?

anyway what can anyone expect from Quota system graduates?

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Wait till the courts reverse it like the Adamawa fiasco. grin grin grin
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
OAM4J:

I expect a court pronouncement asking for maintenance the status quo in matters of days, if Jonathan/IG will honor that is left to be seen.

OBJ tried this against Atiku and he failed.

This is a very different scenario How on earth do you expect Tambuwal to preside over a PDP dominated HOR? That is a recipe for anarchy

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by tolustx(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
blym4real:
Sue them to court now. Or tell ppl in position to do dat. Simple! The post of speaker is way too sensitive to toy wit it lyk dis.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BinghiNya(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Beehshorp:
You want to eat ur cake and have it abi Mr tambuwal.. See let me tell u defecting from the PDP to APC is like taking 5 steps backwards ask amaechi d moment he defected he became el rufai's driver... A word is enough for the wise

PS: APC e-rats/rodents quote me make thunder fire una
I have quoted you, thunder wipe your family from the face of the earth, iti oshi
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
maclatunji:
Wait till the courts reverse it like the Adamawa fiasco. grin grin grin

See this one Adamawa ke? Why do you think PDP did not appeal the ruling?

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
1) We now have two factions of the Governors forum.

2) Rivers State House of Assembly complex is on 'lockdown'.

3) Edo State House of Assembly is experiencing same as number (2).

4) Five(5) is greater than sixteen(16).

5) Sixteen(16) is greater than nineteen(19).

7) Nigerian Police has started interpreting constitution.

Now my questions,
1. Why is it that anything that goes against PDP is the wrong thing but if it is their favour, then it is right?

2. Can someone show me where the constitution states that the speaker of the HOR must come from the majority.

3. Is it bad if the executive members are from PDP and then the opposition controls the HOR?

We might end up having two factions of the HOR. No insults please.

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by tolustx(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
TBD:
By Power of God GEJ will be disgrace out of office. Come 2015
And if he is not disgraced? U will go and hug power transformer abi?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by agabusta: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
It amazes me how some people are supporting impunity because it is being perpetrated by the side they support now.

Infact, it is leaving me speechless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ekiti Governorship Election: #FayoseChallenge Goes Viral On Twitter (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo's 20 Children (Photos) / Buhari Will Die If He Visits Ogoniland - Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.