Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker (66343 Views)

Adams Dabotorudima Emerges The Speaker Of Rivers State House Of Assembly [PICS] / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police / FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
felony101:
I am not a politician but @least I know a deep depth of the constitution through law.... The speaker deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. Mr IG d section quoted why didn't u make it known n understood to us.. Now lemme ask a question mimiko dat decamped to PDP was der noise? No his security is even tighter by d PDP let's stop supporting corruption
I believe the "decamping" provision of the constitution only applies to legislators.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
Toktee:
If they (pdp) is the majority,the right thng to do is to impeach the speaker,but let me tell you,in trying to impeach the speaker,then and only then that you will truely knw the pdp members in the house of reps,look,pdp is gone for gud,is bitter but take it pls

Why would you need to impeach him. He left the party. He is no longer a memeber of the party and consequently no longer the speaker. No need to remove him because he has automatically been removed. It's the LAW

2 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros Tambuwal has already been removed abi u still de mars
lol. It only the court of law that will decide that sir.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Code213: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
This Post is in the Frontpage for ONE reason -TRAFFIC.

*other than that, both the IG, the OP, and His Excellency, are a disgrace to Nigeria!!! I spit on them

3 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BOAR: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Section 53 subsection 2 of the 1999 constitution

What is this?

We have chapters 1 to 8 of the constitution and 7 schedules

So give me the chapter before giving the section. I want to learn from this.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Etinosajay:

An edo serving senator decamped from APC to PDP in the senate, and nothing was heard of it. I'm sure he got extra security details. Law for some indeed

Was he the speaker? Why is comprehension so difficult for this indomie generation. Pick up a copy of the constitution and STUDY it.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Why would you need to impeach him. He left the party. He is no longer a memeber of the party and consequently no longer the speaker. No need to remove him because he has automatically been removed. It's the LAW
Why is the law not applicable when ondo state house of rep members defected to pdp sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
blym4real:
lol. It only the court of law that will decide that sir.
Tambuwal then should go to court.until then,congrats to Emeka ihedioha, the new speaker of the HOR

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

What is this?

Bros abeg use Google
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Was he the speaker? Why is comprehension so difficult for this indomie generation. Pick up a copy of the constitution and STUDY it.
lol sir, go and study the constitution.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Toktee(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Exactly, the SPEAKER deserves no right to be stripped of his securities. THe SPEAKER, THE MORRAFACKN SPEAKER.
Answer this - Is he still the SPEAKER? Simply answer = NO.
The speaker CANNOT be a memeber of the MINORITY PARTY. This is how it is done all over the world. Nigeria is not an exception. The position of speaker of the house is assigned to a member of the majority ruling party in the house. CASE CLOSED.

how many countries have you been to,and in whch country that the speaker is nt impeached,yet they widraw his security?
Your university years is a waste!
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Tambuwal then should go to court.until then,congrats to Emeka ihedioha, the new speaker of the HOR
even if you are pro jonathan try analyze politics without sentiment sir. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by OAM4J: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

This is a very different scenario How on earth do you expect Tambuwal to preside over a PDP dominated HOR? That is a recipe for anarchy

Politics is a game of number. There might also be PDP members who still prefer Tambuwal as their speaker. Afterall some PDP members with the support of opposition elected him speaker against the wishes of the party (PDP).

If Jonathan and PDP feel otherwise, let them test their number on the floor of the house and not use self-help because they command the security forces.

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

What is this?

Chapter 5 part 1 pardon me as I don turn to emergency lawyer
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
Toktee:
how many countries have you been to,and in whch country that the speaker is nt impeached,yet they widraw his security?
Your university years is a waste!

I do not need to go to any country to know their laws. READ.
Why is simple comprehension a problem. He had the security details because he was SPEAKER. Do all the members of the house have the same security details that he had has SPEAKER? NO.
So why should he have the same security detail now that he is no longer SPEAKER. I weep for this nation. READ

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BOAR: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg use Google

Lmao grin

I have the constitution right here on my iPad, I just want you to state the chapter of the constitution you are referring to.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Toktee(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

But mimiko still had the right to remain the governor in pdp after leaving labour party?
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
OAM4J:

Politics is a game of number. There might also be PDP members who still prefer Tambuwal as their speaker. Afterall some PDP members with the support of opposition elected him speaker against the wishes of the party (PDP).

If Jonathan and PDP feel otherwise, let them test their number on the floor of the house and not use self-help because they command the security forces.

The law must first be applied before anything else.Tambuwal is no longer a member of the HOR
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
blym4real:
Why is the law not applicable when ondo state house of rep members defected to pdp sir.

Were they SPEAKERS?
Learn to read.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Iffygod(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
This serves hom right. You cant eat your cake and have it..
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by OgaOlu: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
Was The Inspector General of Police sleeping with the Speaker of Ondo State House of Assembly decamped to PDP with Mimiko?
I guess they are JOKING! grin

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

Lmao grin

I have the constitution right here on my iPad, I just want you to state the chapter of the constitution you are referring to.

Kini big deal? Na calculus I do for school and not law
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by OAM4J: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

The law must first be applied before anything else.Tambuwal is no longer a member of the HOR

whose duty is it to make that pronouncement?

PDP or Jonathan or IG or the Court?

4 Likes

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by hardywaltz(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
sukpehi:
You need only 1/3 to form a quorum according to Section 54(1) of the constitution of Nigeria as amended
Yes for an ordinary sitting which the next one comes up on the 3rd of December but for and extra ordinary sitting, u need 3/4 to override the Speaker's adjournment
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by Toktee(m): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOAR:

Lmao grin

someone that does nt have a bible whch is xo important than a copy of the constitution,asking him to produce one could be a tall mountain to clinb.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by EbolaParasite: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Toktee:
But mimiko still had the right to remain the governor in pdp after leaving labour party?

The position of SPEAKER of the house is different from being a GOVERNOR. A GOVERNOR IS ELECTED by the people.
A member of the house is also elected by the people BUT the position of SPEAKER is elected by members of the house through a MAJORITY VOTE. The majority house decides the SPEAKER BECAUSE OF THEIR MAJORITY. Is this shait really that hard to comprehend.
I swear if anybody tries to compare a decamping Governor or other party members again, i go VEX OO

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by idefua: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
WHEN DID THE NPF BECOME THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY.

THESE PEOPLE MUST BE HIGH ON WEED

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by sukpehi(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
hardywaltz:

Yes for an ordinary sitting which the next one comes up on the 3rd of December but for and extra ordinary sitting, u need 3/4 to override the Speaker's adjournment
Which part of the constitution can I find this 3/4
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by legendsilver(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
See as e-PDP rats them dey happy, lols grin
Its obvious that the sinking ship has increased its rate of going down. Acting IG of police, this move shows how you have failed and destined to drown in the same sinking ship with you employer oga Gej.
If you must know e-pdp rats, gej can rule till 2015 but GMB will rule till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by blym4real: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
EbolaParasite:

I do not need to go to any country to know their laws. READ.
Why is simple comprehension a problem. He had the security details because he was SPEAKER. Do all the members of the house have the same security details that he had has SPEAKER? NO.
So why should he have the same security detail now that he is no longer SPEAKER. I weep for this nation. READ
The IG does not have the constitutional jurisdiction to withdraw the speaker security aides until he is legally impeach by the house or his seat declared vacant by the court of law.
Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by BOAR: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Chapter 5 part 1 pardon me as I don turn to emergency lawyer

It says

'' In the case of the House of Representatives, the Speaker of that House shall preside, and in his absence the Deputy Speaker shall preside''

The intent of those that drafted the constitution in their wisdom is not that the Deputy Speaker takes over the Speaker seat by reason of vacation of office, but by absence of THE SPEAKER and not the absence of A SPEAKER

Until a substantive speaker is appointed by the House, Tambuwal to all intent and purpose remains the Speaker.

1 Like

Re: Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker by legendsilver(m): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
sukpehi:
Which part of the constitution can I find this 3/4
help me ask am o! Ode e-pdp rat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / Ihedioha Demolishes Freedom Park That Okorocha Built (Photos) / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.