Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website (39185 Views)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / It’s Wrong To Exclude South East From NASS Leadership, Says Yakassai / Mandela's First Visit To Nigeria After Being Released In 1990 (video And Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by maestroferddi: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:
you really think the days of blatant undermining of the constitution is going behind .... how about the common laws where thieves are meant to be jailed ?
A lot needs to be done but nonetheless we are making gradual progress.

It is unthinkable and naïve to expect that decades of decadence and impunity would be corrected within 5 years.

Jonathan has scored A grades in press and civil liberties, a veritable index in democratic growth. If his successor would build on that, I don't see why our democratic processes/culture wouldn't be better for it.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by aguizm(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
dridowu:
@bolded, i doubt if God can ever make you a leader
Since your name is not David who was a man after Gods heart so I don't give a bleeping shit about you.

Quote me again and watch yourself run mad....
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by chibuikebright(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
since the constitution had made it clear that ,in any act of defection of any member in a prominent position like the upper house speaker to the lower, provided the defection is done from majority group to minority group such will consequently attract an immediate withdrawal of the person's security personnel.they have a reason for that, which a lay man may not understand
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by COOLCATS: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
aguizm:
Since your name is not David who was a man after Gods heart so I don't give a bleeping shit about you.

do you mix christainity with your traditional/ juju powers ? just asking ?
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Exercise in futility. The PDP led govt is just wasting their time. I laugh in hispanic

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Exercise in futility. The PDP led govt is just wasting their time. I laugh in spanish
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by muh4lyf(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
sublimes:
What crime has GEJ committed? What has he done to go to prison? Why this hate? We blame GEJ for everything and that's the reason for our failure as a nation. The hausa/fulani who are bent on frustrating this man don't know that "what goes around comes around". One day it would be the turn of the "Gambari's" and I just hope his reign would be smooth too.
I am still laughing who do you expect Nigeria to blame,you or me? For crying out loud GEJ is the president of this nation and should be accountable... I am sure he is not just there to sit and steal just like Nigerian politicians does... When you criticize,let it be objective and whether you like it or not GEJ is the worst president Nigeria has ever produce... A man with no balls... PDP don't even know how to play politics again.... All they use is strong head,going against the laws and order of the country... I am not sorry for you but I am sorry for your generation if you are clamouring for this clueless government.... Come 2015 GEJ is going back to otuoke....
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Doyin2(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
The constitution of Nigeria is very clear. Tambuwal is still the speaker of the house!

Section 68(1) and 68(2) should be read together:

68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -
(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house.
(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;
(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;
(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special Adviser.
(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law.
(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;
(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or
(h) the President of the Senate or, as the case may be, the Speaker of the House of Representatives receives a certificate under the hand of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission stating that the provisions of section 69 of this Constitution have been complied with in respect of the recall of that member.

(2) The President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, shall give effect to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, so however that the President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives or a member shall first present evidence satisfactory to the House concerned that any of the provisions of that subsection has become applicable in respect of that member.

The intention of the law is also clear.According to section 68(2),Only the speaker SHALL implement section 68(1),upon any other member of the house.

I am of the humble opinion that the law intended to distinguish the SPEAKER from an ordinary member of the house.

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Daverytimes(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
atlwireles:
Tambuwal has no where to go but down. The political consensus in Abuja and Sokoto is to strip him bare. You don't pick a fight with the federal government, when you depend on them for survival.

Boko Haram have shown that not only can you pick a fight with the FG but you can do so and win, if only our priorities were in the right place instead of this APC vs PDP rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by sadewun: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
JUST THE BEGINNING.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by COOLCATS: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
Daverytimes:

Boko Haram have shown that not only can you pick a fight with the FG but you can do so and win, if only our priorities were in the right place instead of this APC vs PDP rubbish
wait and see more likes of boko haram come 2015 .
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by sadewun: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
This is just the beginning.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by chibuikebright(m): 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tambuwal is not clever after all,he has been caught tangled in the web of the law. Okay what has the constitution got to say?: Section 68(1)(g) of the constitution, also provides that a member of the Senate or House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if “being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected or provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of division in the political, party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factor by one of which he was previously sponsored.” QUESTION S 1. Where in the world does a minority party in the legislature produce the leader of parliament ? 2. Will APC as a party ever allow a PDP minority to preside over a house in which they are the majority?
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
None of you cared to check if the website is real National Assembly Website or a Fake one. Shame on all those who commented without confirming, you all are a clear case of madness concocted with educated illiteracy.

National Assembly real website is http://www.nassnig.org/ NOT http://www.nassng.org/

The OP is mischievous, and should be banned.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by frank442: 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
PDP want to nake tambua another hero jut like rotimi

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
Action in futility. If Jona, PDP and saTAN ambassadors think Hausas in the house will be willing to oust Tambuwal, he must be joking or high on Otuoke kaikai. Jona will only make the house rally around Tambuwal.

Sometime in December, there are 23 PDP House member switching to APC.

Watch this space by December 10. Nigeria will witness the biggest decampment from PDP to APC.

Jona, PDP and saTAN ambassadors should be ready for rude awakening.
may Almighty God destroy you and your generation may u not see the good of this land and good works of gej wil be cause for u and Ur generation. and if u dont die by this time next year u no I'm not called
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by kingmoses1: 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
Help me tell Tambuwals say after GOD na federal Government cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Jarus(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
eye4eye:
[/s]

Let me let you enjoy your foolery. Sokoto State is 95% in the hand of APC. The only PDP supporters in the entire Sokoto State are the member of Sagari family grin grin

Some people don't know anything.

PDP's little popularity in Sokoto State wasd because of the popularity of Governor Wammakko and Tambuwal both are now in APC. PDP is long dead in Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by COOLCATS: 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Frankmishael:
may Almighty God destroy you and your generation may u not see the good of this land and good works of gej wil be cause for u and Ur generation. and if u dont die by this time next year u no I'm not called
sai , lols ..... I need to intefere . you were called by who sir ? may the kind of good works jonathan is doing be imminent in the life you and your family ... amen with a confirmation from who called you .
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by D9ty7(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
Do I luk lyk a joker? Nigeria's politics is a joke on its own. Imagine the executhieves interferring in issues concerning the legislooters.
Omimah:

You think we are here for jokes?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by samhay: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
GT N7200 China fone built in form samsung note3
8.0mp camera.

Command-Abule egba,Lagos.

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by mbulela: 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
Frankmishael:

Called by who?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by abes(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2014
Doyin2:

The constitution of Nigeria is very clear. Tambuwal is still the speaker of the house!

Section 68(1) and 68(2) should be read together:

68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the House of Representatives shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if -
(a) he becomes a member of another legislative house.
(b) any other circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the Senate or the House of Representatives, would cause him to be disqualified for election as a member;
(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;
(d) he becomes President, Vice-President, Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister of the Government of the Federation or a Commissioner of the Government of a State or a Special Adviser.
(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this Constitution, he becomes a member of a commission or other body established by this Constitution or by any other law.
(f) without just cause he is absent from meetings of the House of which he is a member for a period amounting in the aggregate to more than one-third of the total number of days during which the House meets in any one year;
(g) being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected;

Provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored; or
(h) the President of the Senate or, as the case may be, the Speaker of the House of Representatives receives a certificate under the hand of the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission stating that the provisions of section 69 of this Constitution have been complied with in respect of the recall of that member.

(2) The President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, shall give effect to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, so however that the President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives or a member shall first present evidence satisfactory to the House concerned that any of the provisions of that subsection has become applicable in respect of that member.

The intention of the law is also clear.According to section 68(2),Only the speaker SHALL implement section 68(1),upon any other member of the house.

I am of the humble opinion that the law intended to distinguish the SPEAKER from an ordinary member of the house.

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!

The President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, shall give effect to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section

This is the key point.
Neither the president nor the IGP has the constitutional right to give effect to Section 68(1).

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
COOLCATS:
sai , lols ..... I need to intefere . you were called by who sir ? may the kind of good works jonathan is doing be imminent in the life you and your family ... amen with a confirmation from who called you .
I pronounce death on u
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by dridowu: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
aguizm:

I am not God, i am a sinner like you but i don't wish people evil like you do. People like you need to be corrected so that you don't embarass yourself outside in a real world. I guess you have the juju that can make someone mad. Oya let me see your madness juju.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by Fire15: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
tsolz300:
A friend once told me that in the USA , if a politician wishes to switch parties, he is to resign from all political posts, then stay politically inactive for 4 years.then he/ she can defect..
If this is the case in Nigeria,then I believe polithiefians here will think 6 times before defecting..
The thing just tire me!!we may wake up tomorrow and discover that our senate president is now in a Ghanaian party.

Ko kan aiye undecided
That friend of yours, should have told you that, maize grows on rocks. Your IQ is unimaginably low. Olodo, Bush radio

1 Like

Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by COOLCATS: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
dridowu:
I am not God, i am a sinner like you but i don't wish people evil like you do. People like you need to be corrected so that you embarass youself outside in a real world. I guess you have the juju that can make someone mad. Oya let me see your madness juju.
are you minding fools who are just lucky to have had access to internet.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by corpROYAL(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
orimahspence:
BARELY 48 hours after the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal defected from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, the acting Inspector General of Police, Sulaiman Abba, yesterday, withdrew all his security aides.

The Federal Government also deleted Tambuwal’s picture and name from the official website of the National Assembly:http://www.nassng.org/nass, leaving his space blank for now.

With the deletion of his details from the web page, only the data and photographs of nine principal officers of the House of Representatives are running, with Emeka Ihedioha, the deputy speaker, being the highest-ranking officer on the page.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/presidency-moves-tambuwal-picture-deleted-
web-site/

stop this lie, see here :http://www.nassnig.org/
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by COOLCATS: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
Frankmishael:
I pronounce death on u
thank God for internet ... am very sure you were called by satan.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by tsolz300: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Fire15:

That friend of yours, should have told you that, maize grows on rocks. Your IQ is unimaginably low. Olodo, Bush radio

If not that you are a Yoruba dude, I would have placed you close to hell undecided
Mind your choice of words next time, i won't be patient with you..
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by ndcide(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Billyonaire:
None of you cared to check if the website is real National Assembly Website or a Fake one. Shame on all those who commented without confirming, you all are a clear case of madness concocted with educated illiteracy.

National Assembly real website is http://www.nassnig.org/ NOT http://www.nassng.org/

The OP is mischievous, and should be banned.

Thanks man... I noticed it even when this shyt was in the first page. but the most disgusting, of all is that its in the front page.
Re: Tambuwals Name And Picture Removed From Nass Website by HackyP: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
This 10 Things You Never Knew About Female Dj Frizzie + Eloy Awards Nomination

She is one of Nigeria’s fastest rising female turntablist who is steadily carving a strong niche for herself in male dominated field with every step she takes in her career. Obviously for those who have been hearing the buzz about her, there are certain things you’d like to know about her. See the 10 things you never knew about DJ Frizzie below.

1. Her full name is Frances Tamunonengiyeofori Higgwe and she's from Kalabari in Rivers State, Nigeria.

2. She is a graduate of the University of Port Harcourt where she studied Environmental Engineering. And is currently undergoing her masters, Msc. Water & Environmental Management in the UK.

3. Dj Frizzie has just recently been nominated for one of the categories of the ELOY (EXQUISITE LADIES OF THE YEAR) Awards 2014.

4. Her spinning skills and knack for excellence has seen her been featured on MTVBASE Official Club Chart occasionally, and become Mr.2Kay’s official DJ, plus VJ for newest television station in the country, Cool Tv.

5. DJ Frizzie is so in touch with her roots and environment around her that she sets aside time for some charity work and was involved in ‘THE RELIEF ARK ON THE #REACHKIDS PROJECT’ for an orphanage home in Port Harcourt and also worked with ‘IYANYA FOUNDATION IN COLLABORATION WITH CHARITY LOUNGE FOR THE #THENATURALCHILD EDITION FOR DOWN SYNDROME CHILDREN’.

6. One could possibly not guess this but the Port Harcourt artiste, Frank
D'Nero (Cure my craze Crooner) is her half-brother. She's the First Child and the Only Daughter of her mum, also got an architect for a junior brother.

7. She would be releasing her first music collaboration in the month of November 2014, in which she features Tha Suspect and Mr 2kay.
It would soon be available on iTunes, google play, amazon mp3, spotify, loudrfm etc. and other online music distribution outlet for PRE-ORDER purposes.

8. As a DJ, one would think, its always party, party, party. But on the contrary, frizzie loves her sleep and some "Me" time. Her Idea of a quiet
time is She, her PC, some food (by the way, she loves food) and some good piece of movie.

9. She's very much single and ready to mingle I guess. So guys you still got a shot here...

10. Female Dj Frizzie had always wanted to be a pop artiste and was just going by the name Frizzie at that time. She did release 2 tracks in the past (My Heart & Don't Holla at me boy, a remix to WIZKID holla at me) before she decided to channel her energy and chase a career in Deejaying although she hasn’t given up on music scene just yet. Don't Forget to VOTE FOR DJ FRIZZIE AS FEMALE DJ OF THE YEAR
By TEXTING “Eloy DJ FRIZZIE” to 35070, OR

Via Email “DJ FRIZZIE, FEMALE DJ’ to eloy@exquisitemag.com
(Senders must quote name of nominee and category).
OR WITH THIS LINK >>> http://exquisitemag.com/eloyawards2014/ Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Politician And His Brother Stab Themselves During Fight In Imo. Graphic Photos / Rachael Dickson And Her Quadruplets Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Armed Helicopter Sent To Calabar To Aid Air Raids Against Kidnappers:pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.