Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,712 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (84410 Views)

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Mayour11(m): 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Chai, southwest people good o, they have 5 universities alone.

2 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
My children, the real test is in the labour market.

4 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Nigerian universities look like narco prisons in Mexico.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by clemz88(m): 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Covenant university should be number 1 on that list . Pls OP re-arrange.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Lawstudent: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
chai...babe check my posts now[almost crying]...do i seem to you like a dullard in class?...even in my worst @cademic form,i won't pass for an average student...that's by the way....lemme make it clearer to you on how tough it could be to 'break through into' UNN [i rep the nation's future Gani fahenwmi's-LAW things constantly on my mind]...you are right about my being a jambite...took jamb and scored 230...it's too low for my standards but i have to accept it or hug a transformer,Dibu ojerinde would say to me.We've not met each other b4 but we do converse IN THE SPIRIT REALM....i sat for pume and made 310,which when added to my jamb score and divided by 2 would bring my average to 270...to cut a long story short...270 couldn't earn a place for me in a law faculty whose cut-off mark for people from my state is 273 [just 3 marks and i'd have been on the safe side]....Now i'm made to settle down with 'COMBINED SOCIAL SCIENCES'[supplementary list got released to days ago and the 'donkey' course had my name as those who got admitted to study it.UNN can really alter one's destiny].....blah blah blah...Story of my life...So you see,my beautiful angel...IT CAN REALLY GET THIS TOUGH WHEN YOU APPLY FOR UNN...End of story
you can change to law later. Btw you sound so smug and complacent, negative epithet in my book.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by mfm04622: 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
acenazt:
heiii u didn't put ABU in dat list

Very easy to get admission into ABU. Very easy!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
What's the point of this thread, to bring up a worthless fight? "Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria" what about the quality of their graduates?
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lawstudent:
you can change to law later. Btw you sound so smug and complacent, negative epithet in my book.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by geedot: 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
What's your definition of tough?
Because most of the universities the op listed{apart from FUNAAB and UNILORIN} all have cut-offs, So is either you meet ur cut-off and get admitted or settle for lesser course or not even given any..
My point is all universities that operates that way to me are not tough! I'd rather use stiff competition..
But for FUNAAB, UNILORIN etc that doesn't have a transparent method of admission to me re the toughest ones to gain admission..
Had a friend that sat for UNILORIN's post-utme thrice and scored 65, 72, 68 respectively but wasn't admitted(he's a newly admitted psychology student at UI with no stress at all) and people with lesser score were given which he knew of, now that's my own definition of tough!!!
So if you belong to those schools that admits on merit, pls don't come here and spit crap that your school is tough to get admission, because you didn't meet the cut-off which at least 50-60 people met doesn't mean it's tough.. Because those that met it had only a brain like yours and yet they beat you to it..
Instead of lamenting on how high cut-off is, may be you should spend that time more in reading because you knew how competitive your course/school was before choosing it.. Score 90% in any post-utme and tell me why you won't get admitted unless you had a very low jamb score..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me

These courses u listed are equally hard to gain admissions into even harder in other universities...u should ask guys who got like an aggregate of 260,chose medicine or dentistry and ended up being given biochemistry,microbiology,botany nd d likes, or d wounded lawyers in english or philosophy and d likes in OAU-IFE...so consider other courses and not these courses that are highly sought after in every university that offers them...
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Omimah: 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
OP, I go with you. But you should have also added ABU.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by GoldEnyong(m): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hehe e-fighting thinz
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by msquarewld(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=alexis007 post=27619870]insults are my idea of a robust sense of humour....and the advice that followed??...i discarded it like used sanitary pads.Anyway shaa,i'm beginning to like you.It's been aeons since a lady stood her ground against mine,though i doubt if you can do that in real life with my intimidating eyes boring down on you and my acidic tongue hurting you to the marrow.....the last girl that challenged me....She changed school because of me grin[/quot congratulation!!!
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Omimah: 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mayour11:
Chai, southwest people good o, they have 5 universities alone.
Ogun State has the highest number of universities and other higher institutions in the country.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Heyliesha(m): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
They talk say may animal wey get horn come outsyd, snail self follow...
Paroman:
OP Greatest Covenant University nko?? How come it didn't make your list angry

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by dhsfbi(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Uniport

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by MORNDEW(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
I ve realised that this forum was meant for children. How can a topic without basis, facts, citation, and references make FP?
Many topics well written lie waste somwhere like this one.
https://www.nairaland.com/1974177/where-other-political-parties-nigeria
smh.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
UNN
UI
UNI BEN(Got admission on my first attempt back in the days)
UNILAG
OAU

If you use bribe enter this school s,You are on your own.They will allow you to relax study and pass exams till final year and then you are kicked out.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
The poster is obviously an ignorant Yoruba boy that thinks Nigeria starts and ends in the SW region.
What is the criteria for making them the toughest schools to gain admission, how does using nepotism and corruption to scheme worthy applicants out of a process a tough process.

Imagine somebody equating how they were schemed out and those that are scored lower got the admission while they had to shop somewhere else and ended up in an even better school. And at the end the same person unfortunately thinks that is a university being tough..... What an ignorant statement.

2 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by MORNDEW(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
ehhyaaa!...where did you keep your IQ when you were about responding to my post?....Did you even understand what the topic was all about b4 you posted your comment?....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...over 9,800 would still write JAMB next year...now if that doesn't define TOUGH competition,i wonder what does.....it's easier for Nigeria to win the world cup than for an average student to gain admission in2 the choicest courses[law,medsurg,pharmacy etc.] in UNN...ask another south-easterner if you doubt me
choicest? shocked
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by frank950(m): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Those dat stick to the idea dat UNN is d toughest,requires good marks,blah blah blah. Wat makes school tough is ur inability to soar above dia cut off marks ad points.

If u are among d clique dat imbide themselves with d thought dat u must know sumone be4 ur admission is secured,try to exocise urslf frm such delusion becus many out dia made wat was required to get admitted(i.e hardwork). I am a living withness,though nt self-appraisal.I did A'l ad got d stipulated point,now am face with 2 Unis to choose ad guess wat it's d two most prestigious in 9ja, UI ad UNN, bt i chose UI over UNN mi,although i dnt no anyone dia(*whispers* cant even speak yoruba). But by GOD's grace ad thru rigorous studies, i was able to make it cox it's in me(jxt gulped down a can of peak milk nw) ;DThose dat stick to the idea dat UNN is d toughest,requires good marks,blah blah blah. Wat makes school tough is ur inability to soar above dia cut off marks ad points.

If u are among d clique dat imbide themselves with d thought dat u must know sumone be4 ur admission is secured,try to exocise urslf frm such delusion becus many out dia made wat was required to get admitted(i.e hardwork). I am a living withness,though nt self-appraisal.I did A'l ad got d stipulated point,now am face with 2 Unis to choose ad guess wat it's d two most prestigious in 9ja, UI ad UNN, bt i chose UI over UNN, although i dnt no anyone dia(*whispers* cant even speak yoruba). But by GOD's grace ad thru rigorous studies, i was able to make it cox it's in me(jxt gulped down a can of peak milk nw)
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Innunique: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Richiy:

I disagree. UNN shouldn't be on that list. In fact, it is one of the most transparent institutions when it comes to admission process. In other words, what you get is what you gave.

maybe the OP meant schools that are not easy to enter ie "if U no settle, no admission."
cos UNN is too transparent joor.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by ballyjzworld(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
Uni Jos is here watching all of you silently..*can't shout
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
Richiy:

I disagree. UNN shouldn't be on that list. In fact, it is one of the most transparent institutions when it comes to admission process. In other words, what you get is what you gave.

I disagree with you. What makes a university tough to enter is when too many people apply to that same university, and many of the applicants do well in JAMB. That is the case of UNN.
UNN is the most oustanding university in the south east. Others are just there, unlike south west that has UNILAG, OAU and UI. Even UNILORIN is almost south west. So the bulk of brainy JAMBites from the south east have just UNN. Not trying to undermine UNIZIK though (FUTO is mainly technologically inclined).
Now, considering that south eastern states have been ahead in the past couple of years in WAEC, NECO and JAMB, that should give you an idea of how competitive UNN will be.
Mind you I didn't school in UNN. I'm a UNIBEN graduate. UNIBEN has been the most sought after university for years.

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by hardbody: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
Princecalm:
y will they not be tough,for God sake you just listed the best universities in the country but if God says yes who can say otherwise

Lets put it this way. My first degree was not in any of these Unis. Cut off for my program was 295. I scored 298. Jamb sent a list of only 40 names. We graduated with a final total list of about 95. After my first degree, i applied for Masters in Unilag, wrote a qualifying test and came second with 68.7%. I daresay i left unilag with a second degree that added no value to my life. And it is still one of the best universities i am told.

Anyways it has been said severally that a child who has not ventured any where believes his father has the largest farm.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by OjeriakhiVictor(m): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
alexis007:
....sister,10,000 UNN wannabees applied for medsurg alone dis year...guess how many that had been taken after the release of primary and 1st supplementary lists?....BARELY 100...

Uncle u can lie o..if 10000 applied for one course aw many applied for d rest, aw many wrote jamb, aw many passed jamb..if u wnt to lie next time pls use smaller numbers

4 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by phayvoursky(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Well I gat nothing to contribute. This thread is for undergraduates and jambites....

I'm a fresh graduate of FUTO n*gga...

FUTO'S TOUGH
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by phayvoursky(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
hardbody:

Lets put it this way. My first degree was not in any of these Unis. Cut off for my program was 295. I scored 298. Jamb sent a list of only 40 names. We graduated with a final total list of about 95. After my first degree, i applied for Masters in Unilag, wrote a qualifying test and came second with 68.7%. I daresay i left unilag with a second degree that added no value to my life. And it is still one of the best universities i am told.

Anyways it has been said severally that a child who has not ventured any where believes his father has the largest farm.

Thank you Bro... Well said...
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Onyi42(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
why is unizik not there…… don't u know that they were the second most sorted university in this year's jamb

1 Like

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by rhymz(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
frank950:
Those dat stick to the idea dat UNN is d toughest,requires good marks,blah blah blah. Wat makes school tough is ur inability to soar above dia cut off marks ad points.

If u are among d clique dat imbide themselves with d thought dat u must know sumone be4 ur admission is secured,try to exocise urslf frm such delusion becus many out dia made wat was required to get admitted(i.e hardwork). I am a living withness,though nt self-appraisal.I did A'l ad got d stipulated point,now am face with 2 Unis to choose ad guess wat it's d two most prestigious in 9ja, UI ad UNN, bt i chose UI over UNN mi,although i dnt no anyone dia(*whispers* cant even speak yoruba). But by GOD's grace ad thru rigorous studies, i was able to make it cox it's in me(jxt gulped down a can of peak milk nw) ;DThose dat stick to the idea dat UNN is d toughest,requires good marks,blah blah blah. Wat makes school tough is ur inability to soar above dia cut off marks ad points.

If u are among d clique dat imbide themselves with d thought dat u must know sumone be4 ur admission is secured,try to exocise urslf frm such delusion becus many out dia made wat was required to get admitted(i.e hardwork). I am a living withness,though nt self-appraisal.I did A'l ad got d stipulated point,now am face with 2 Unis to choose ad guess wat it's d two most prestigious in 9ja, UI ad UNN, bt i chose UI over UNN, although i dnt no anyone dia(*whispers* cant even speak yoruba). But by GOD's grace ad thru rigorous studies, i was able to make it cox it's in me(jxt gulped down a can of peak milk nw)
I can barely read what you have written. Seriously, you need to work on your written English..... No school will give you admission with this nonsense.
Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by Ikegift4real(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
in my humble opinion UNN should top the list. Great lions .

2 Likes

Re: Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria by saibop(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
dridowu:

did u forget to read the bolded part when u are posting ? He can say that all University in the North are best in Nigeria if he wish. His opinion is not binding on you and i. You too can also says that all Uni in the East are the most developed, it is your opinion, so next time try to respect people opinion
@topic, i don't believe their is any toughest University to gain admission into, if you merit it you will be given admission without qualms.
thats a white lie.we re in naija where ntn is merit.if u av money nd u scored 0 in jmb or p jamb,u gt admission b4 sm1 who scored 200

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chris Ifeanyi's Duplex (Uniabuja SUG President) / The B Of Unilorin List / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.