Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,300 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility (972 Views)

Love your wife! It is your responsibility to that! / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Girls How Would U React If Your Bf Tells U He's Not 50-100% Your Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by mumumugu(m): 3:10am On Nov 01, 2014
We get so sucked out trying to help our girlfriend, trying to be of help any time they need it that we forget to live our own lives, we forget to pamper ourselves.

Why care so much about others to the extent that you deprive yourself of what you need the most?
Some dudes will fork out thousands of money to buy for a girl something that they would never buy for themselves. One of my friends is very stingy with himself yet at the request of his girlfriend, he will part with any amount of money.
I always tell my girlfriends that they are not my responsibility.

“When we invite our friends over for dinner, we cook something special and clean the house. We serve the meal with music in the background and maybe even light some candles for a relaxed atmosphere. There is an innate urge in us to ensure everyone’s experience of our home is pleasant, which is great, but why don’t we treat ourselves with the same dignity? Next time you eat alone, turn off the TV and sit at the dining table instead of eating your meal next to the fridge or over the sink. Embrace your own worthiness of the same ambiance you would offer your guests.”

Next time someone nags you over failing to reply their message in time, be clear and tell them; “You are not my responsibility.”
Next time a girl gets pissed that you didn’t pick their call, you know the reply; “Bleep off, you are not my responsibility.”
Next time, someone asks you to LIKE their page even when it’s clear you are not interested, again, that’s not your responsibility.
By choosing to say “You are not my responsibility”, that’s similar to saying NO a million times.
We say YES for the sake of saying YES even when we are not interested. We say YES just to please people. We say YES and buy things we don’t need just to impress people. We even date people we had no intention of dating just to prove a point.
But hey, that’s not my responsibility anymore.
It’s not my responsibility if a girl climbed up and chose to commit suicide.
It’s not my responsibility if a girl was raped. It’s not my responsibility if someone doesn’t want to pay school fees for their children. It’s not my responsibility if he/she is cheating on you. It’s not my responsibility if someone is unemployed.
I have only one responsibility and that’s to create the best possible life for myself. The rest is noise, the rest is distraction. I hope you pick a leaf.

2 Likes

Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by mecussey(m): 3:24am On Nov 01, 2014
When you don't care about anybody, do not expect any care from anybody. Everybody needs help from everybody and your girl friend should be your next sister. What you should say is, you don't have to trim yourself to suit all her wants and needs.

2 Likes

Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by StealthyMe(m): 4:58am On Nov 01, 2014
Hmmmn... undecided
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by 100Cents: 6:19am On Nov 01, 2014
I can only take up the responsibility of a girl I have already paid her dowry.

Nigerian ladies are prone to being players when they see a sincere man(mugu).

Though I can care for anybody as need arises. Don't take things to extremes..
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by Sowl(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2014
how one person switches from being an inconsiderate, senseless and spoilt rich brat to a yansh licking hypocrite all in one day beats my mundane imagination,did I make a mistake or weren't you the same dumb ass mo'fo that posted this just some hours ago .............
www.nairaland.com/1976466/broke-guys-should-denied-sex.
you need to really up your game and do whatever possible to keep up this charade of yours because you are a perfect example of "it pretty much sucks to live a pseudo life".
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by iKillzz: 6:37am On Nov 01, 2014
Makes sense.
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by idu1(m): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2014
Yes, they r not my responsibility.....
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Are they my responsibilities before?. Hehehehe they must be sick upstairs. Gf is gf I look like ur daddy or ur uncle?? Answer me before I throw your sick brain outta your head. You gold digger.
Re: Your Girlfriend Is Not Your Responsibility by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2014
Gbam!!!!!!...

(1) (Reply)

Get Pregnant Before I Marry You Syndrome In Nigeria / Linda Is A Beautiful Girl And She Is Dating Two guys: / LADIES! One Bad Habbit You must Stop to avoid nemesis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.