Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,646 members, 7,844,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, (2851 Views)

Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / Emeka Ihedioha, Imo PDP Governorship Aspirant Buying Vegetable In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mogidi:

I suggest you do a bit of research and form your own opinion.

You're clueless. Why can't you show why SW must produce the speaker?

2 Likes

Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by atlwireles: 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2014
ProfCorruption:

What has changed?

What do you mean by what has changed?
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
atlwireles:

What do you mean by what has changed?

Go over it again:

profcorruption:

Why must SW produce the speaker?

Your response:
atlwireles:

Because PDP has a national Power sharing system.

SS President
NW VP
NC Chair of the Senate
NE Party Chair person
SE Secretary to Government
SW Speaker of the house.

When decision are made about Nigeria, everyone is at the table.

Then again:
profcorruption:

Didn't have the sharing system when Tambuwal was elected? What has changed?

Your response:
atlwireles:

Tambuwal's election disrupted the formula. The same system was in place during Obj and Yaradua's tenures. Remember, he was not the PDP's candidate. Mulikat Akande was the person the party nominated for speaker.

Does that answer my question?
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by atlwireles: 11:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Go over it again:

Your response:

Then again:

Your response:

Does that answer my question?

Still don't get your point.
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2014
atlwireles:

Still don't get your point.

Didn't PDP have majority when its SW candidate, Adeola Akande, was defeated? What guarantee do you have that the same thing won't be repeated?

1 Like

Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by atlwireles: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Didn't PDP have majority when its SW candidate, Adeola Akande, was defeated? What guarantee do you have that the same thing won't be repeated?

PDP had a majority, but tambuwal and Ihedioha engineered a coup. The party has changed fundamentally and party discipline is pretty much top notch now. What happened in 2011 will never repeat itself again.
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 02, 2014
atlwireles:

PDP had a majority, but tambuwal and Ihedioha engineered a coup. The party has changed fundamentally and party discipline is pretty much top notch now. What happened in 2011 will never repeat itself again.

Party discipline by whose standard? Don't tell me it will never happen again, tell me how PDP will stop it from happening.

You should know that politicians vote based on three factors.
1.The soundness of policy or the merit of whatever is in consideration.
2.The party policy
3.Local politics (taking the pulse of your constituency into consideration).

So, you can't say all PDP members will vote for a policy or an individual. It depends on the mood of the moment and personal priorities of the honorable members.So, I put it to you that you have no guarantee that the same thing won't repeat itself?

3 Likes

Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by atlwireles: 12:33am On Nov 02, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Party discipline by whose standard? Don't tell me it will never happen again, tell me how PDP will stop it from happening.

You should know that politicians vote based on three factors.
1.The soundness of policy or the merit of whatever is in consideration.
2.The party policy
3.Local politics (taking the pulse of your constituency into consideration).

So, you can't say all PDP members will vote for a policy or an individual. It depends on the mood of the moment and personal priorities of the honorable members.So, I put it to you that you have no guarantee that the same thing won't repeat itself?

Opinions are free. The PDP under Adamu Muazu is a different party. We will have ample time to test out, where loyalties lie in the next couple of days.

Good night.
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 02, 2014
atlwireles:

Opinions are free. The PDP under Adamu Muazu is a different party. We will have ample time to test out, where loyalties lie in the next couple of days.

Good night.

Opinions are truly free. Don't be deceived, loyalty is difficult to define in an election season. You can fairly predict an election result among four people, it's a difficult thing to do in an election involving 360. We all witnessed how the over confident PDP strategists were defeated in an election involving just 36 governors. Happy night rest.

2 Likes

Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:34am On Nov 02, 2014
atlwireles:

Tambuwal's election disrupted the formula. The same system was in place during Obj and Yaradua's tenures. Remember, he was not the PDP's candidate. Mulikat Akande was the person the party nominated for speaker.

so, whose fault SW sabotaged themselves?
Re: Pro-tambuwal Legislators Plot Ihedioha's Removal, by wallex1983(m): 4:20am On Nov 02, 2014
mikeansy:
The truth is no side have the numbers to decide this matter in the NASS

let the courts decide.

December and February are just weeks away!!!

This iڪ very correct. No side has the number to prosecute any removal or impeachment now. Only the court of law. Besides, I think the major reason why pdp iڪ afraid iڪ that they know if they should wait till december, upon reconvening, many honourable members would find reasons to port from pdp. As in, waiting could be dangerous!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Destroy Jonathan's Posters In Kebbi / It Was PDP That Promised To Make Nigeria Ungovernable In 2011, Buhari Never Did! / SW (APC) Support Is For Osinbajo, Not Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.