Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,002 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... (30310 Views)

How Do I Design My Blog Like Linda Ikeji's Blog With Frames >>new In Blogosphere / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? / Did You Try To Use Wikipedia During The SOPA blackout? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by lillyjane(f): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mescopaul:
Thankz dearie
You are doing great too! You can mentor me on more abt blogging and how u get trafficks and visits.

Thanks for the compliment. As for the traffic, quality content is key. It usually take me up 4-5hrs to do one post. I will research, take my time to meditate on it and then write. Very simple

You have a very beautiful niche that if you work well, you will make a lot of impact. We will talk more.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by goverment(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kentornic, you sound like my mentor Kulwant Nagi, most us the new bloggers jump into blogging without understanding what it mean to blog due hearing the news that people are making thousands of $1,000's. Blogging nowadays is about tell the world your expertise and having quality content in respect to your expertise.

You can make money buy monetising your blog by Selling product or services or selling information.

As for Linda's blog, it was all about plagiarism or copycat without the author permission or reference not even a backlink or a credit and that's what few nigerian blogger's do.

Information to new blogger:
Ask yourself what's blogging?
What is the difference between blogging and website?
Am I ready to blog?
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by JuicyJacez247(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
I swear I'm happy I stumbled this master piece,this the reason I try not to follow the popular trend of posting pictures and f* stories,and people should understand as well that Blogging should be a platform to contribute to people's life and should be done passionately,some of us bloggers put money forward before the passion,you should have a passion to write before thinking of becoming a blogger.
Thanks for posting this
www.juicyjameseze..com
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Mescopaul(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
lillyjane:

Thanks for the compliment. As for the traffic, quality content is key. It usually take me up 4-5hrs to do one post. I will research, take my time to meditate on it and then write. Very simple

You have a very beautiful niche that if you work well, you will make a lot of impact. We will talk more.
Yea i nid more talks, u can't post ur number in public, can u?
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Callfubu(m): 12:13am On Nov 12, 2014
This is beautiful, just like a blog by Walter Ude www.mymindsnaps.com has the best of written English and literary expertise. Engaging to say the least
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by hillary3D: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2014
thanks 4 the advice...
but my blog is www.hillary3D..com,it has to do with virtually news nd also www.Techy3D..com wich have to do with specifically technews
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by logoscope(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2014
niqqa:
Abeg who read am finish?
U definitely don't know what's gud 4 u.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by majorfarms(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
niqqa:
Abeg who read am finish?

Me ohh...educative piece to blog novice like muah. shocked shocked
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by kendraloops(f): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Jesuscoming:
Please guys..I really need ur help on this one.. I saw a website that is own by nigeria support fund. They invited some nigerians between the ages of 18-40 to write a short pointed note on how they can help fight poverty with their profession or dreamed profession. They also said that participates will be rewarded with one NSF laptop,scholarships, and the best participate in each category will be given 1million naira and some other benefits... God helping me,i wrote and i was shortlisted.. The problem now is that they asked me to register with 6500 naira to get the laptop and other benefits.. Honestly,am confused because i really don't know what to believe any more....I thought they said its an empowerment program, they said nigerians should express how they can help fight poverty,,,Pls 4 God sake why must we pay 6500 for registration Pls guys i need you on this one...If you really know anything about it,pls share....Help save my money b4 it enters voice mail. Thanks!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!! They are big time scammers, don't part with 1kobo o i beg u. Even if the whole Nigeria enters the contest, they will shortlist them. Keep ya money o. I tried calling the guy after some pple paid, his phone was switched off. no try am, i don talk my own.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by kendraloops(f): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
After the deadline expires, try opening the website. it would redirect to a chinese online trading store or something like that sha. The hussle is real.

N.B: I wasn't scammed o, twas a friend that nearly fell for it till i gave him advice.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
I predict in the next 10 years every educated person btw 15 and 55 years will have a blog/website.

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Pins(m): 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
My point of view: "I don't believe anybody should ever focus on blogging or any other online business as their ultimate and only source of cash,learn a skill and use it to make your money and make all these blogging and any other online business a passive source of cash". Thats my believe and i advice everyone other person to do that too.

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by gloryl(f): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2014
niqqa:
Abeg who read am finish?

I did..
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Deepfreezer(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2014
holyboss:
Confession: I no read am undecided is too long
kids of nowadays lol. read it its really amazing
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by holyboss: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
Deepfreezer:
kids of nowadays lol. read it its really amazing
u can aswell help witth summary u knw wink

Nd Did u say kids #SMH
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by esunesis: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2014
holyboss:
u can aswell help witth summary u knw wink
Nd Did u say kids #SMH

lol!!
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by franconian: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
abbccc:
OP. Thanks so much and be blessed...Am a blogger as well and has gone a bit far. As you said, i put more time and effort but yet to see the fruits of my work

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN TECH NEWS VISIT

===> ikeifeadika..com It is a great blog that you will be interested in....Thanks

Hmmmm....when i visited your blog, I got that same feeling I usually get when a drug marketer seek the audience of bus travelers (in a bus), n starts advertising a drug that heal almost all kinds of illness.

"Welcome to Tech and General News Arena". Bro ain't a blogger, but I feel it will be better if you are more SPECIFIC. Tech news is a big enough niche, why include general news like about religion and co.?. Even the tech news can still be streamlined, how about just blogging about phones or about PCs only?
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by elsieisy(f): 3:03am On Jan 08, 2015
kentornic:
Bloggers! Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji-- Read This First

Hello Nairalanders

I cannot sit on the sidelines anymore and allow so many dreams fall by the wayside due to a misunderstanding of how successful blogs are built.

I ’m going to use this platform to address the issues I see, because I know from past experience that my unique perspective can really make a tremendous difference in your blogging business, as it has for many of my coaching clients.

Lack of fundamental blogging business knowledge is really the primary cause for so much struggling and time wasting, it’s sad.

It’s the reason why the overwhelming majority of Nigerians new to blogging will fail in achieving their dreams even if they buy lots of tutorials on blogging, study them religiously and work extremely hard

I have been carefully following the blogosphere is Nigeria and can't help but observe the myriad of new bloggers struggling with everything.

One of the major causes of this is the alarming rate with which new bloggers follow successful bloggers like lindaikeji..com, replicating their blogging model, with the hope of attaining the same height and achieving the same results as they did.

Bloggers need to understand that Linda started just at the right time to become a leader of her type of blogging model in the entertainment news niche.

Infact if you are a new individual blogger, her model of blogging will not be as effective for you now as it was for her years ago when she started, irrespective of the topic you planned to blog about.

Before I explain the reason for this, let me first introduce you to the different models of blogging

There are only two models of building a successful blog that will make you money.

They are

The Blog Magazine Model

The Expert Model

Lindaikeji..com operates on the blog magazine model which was the default and best blogging model during the early days of blogging. Today a lot has changed and the Expert model is much more a better choice than the magazine model and I’ll explain why in a moment - but first let’s make sure you understand the difference."

[size=16pt]THE MAGAZINE MODEL[/size]

Print magazines make money by selling advertising. The larger their circulation, the more influence they exert over people, and the demographics of their readers, dictate how much money they make.

Blog magazines are essentially the same. The more traffic (circulation) they have,the type and quality of that traffic (reader demographics) and the influence they have over their audience, determines profitability.

This model relies heavily on large volumes of traffic, and thus large volumes of content. You also have to be very good at breaking news stories in your industry before anyone else.

It is VERY difficult for an individual to make this model work because of the amount of effort required to stay on top of the latest news and produce so many articles day after day."

The other weakness of the magazine model is the monetization method. " If you have millions of visitors per month, you have volume, enough that small purchases of advertising impressions can pay the bills… and then some

However, do you realise how hard you have to work to reach millions of visitors per month? On top of hard work, your timing has to be amazing too, catching the crest of that trend wave just as it starts to rise.

Even though she started when the blog magazine model was booming, Linda ikeji still has to consistently blog everyday for 8 years before she got to where she is now. She didn’t make much money in most part of those eight years.

If you are to follow this model today, you may have to wait two times the number of years she waited to make money or put in millions of naira in advertisement before you can gain recognition.

Unfortunately, many new bloggers blindly follow and replicate her model in different niches, not realizing it’s the wrong model to replicate. You will never have the traffic volume required to make it work and you will forever produce free content hoping that one day you will make it.

If you follow this model today, you have a massive job ahead of you. It’s just not the smartest choice for most people. It takes more work, is harder to sustain, you need the right timing, and ultimately is not nearly as well leveraged.

THE EXPERT MODEL!

The Expert Model, sometimes called “Authority Blogging” simply means you use your blog as a platform to demonstrate your expertise or passion for a subject.

You don’t have to produce mountains of content with this model, nor are you trying to break the latest news like a magazine. You do need HIGH QUALITY content, but you can publish just once a week and earn a full time income or more.

The reason why this works is the high leverage monetization strategy. You don’t rely on advertising, instead you have a range of products and services you sell directly to your audience.

Using this model you can attract 100 customers per year who spend $1,000 a year (that’s over an entire year, so not necessarily all in one purchase), and you have a $100,000 business."

Some great examples of the Expert model blogging are

Tim of Timothysykes.com makes $150,000 Monthly sharing his knowledge of stock trading with the world

Josh of Expertphotography.com earns over $15,000 Monthly teaching people how to take cool photographs. He created the blog in April 2013

People like Gary Varneychuks, Chris Garret, Mari smith, Kim Garst, Chris Brogan all have built multimillion dollars empires around their knowledge of how to market on social media.

Alborz Fallah founder of caradvice.com earns over $70,000 Monthly from the blog where he shares his knowledge about cars.

Pinchofyum.com is a blog run by a couple, they blog about recipes and food and earn 5 figures monthly. They made over $32,000 in September alone. They post monthly income report on their blog

I can go on and on. There are thousands of bloggers like them who make a killing sharing their unique perspective on their subject of interest with the world.

We have quite a handful of them from nigeria too, but because most nigerian bloggers have swayed completely to the blog magazine model, we are yet to maximize the potentials of this model.

It’s much easier to find 100 paying customers in a year using a very focused expert blog, than it is to attract ten thousand visitors a day to your blog to make enough money from advertising.

Your goal is to create a subject-focused, high quality blog, with a small but highly engaged audience, whom you can sell products and services to, earning high profit margins.

Culled From www.gainfulproject.com/linda-ikeji

Blogging is. Easier. Described than done. Its serious hard work. Would love you all to visit www.elsieisy.com and let's have your candid opinion. smiley
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 08, 2015
intergral:
Weda u do magazine or newpaper blogging IF GOD say U GO DEY SUCCESSFUL IN IT noting fit stop am!!!!!!!!! Abi I no make sense?
but most time following a trend might finally end you up unsuccessful.
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Sasuwa(f): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2016
intergral:
Weda u do magazine or newpaper blogging IF GOD say U GO DEY SUCCESSFUL IN IT noting fit stop am!!!!!!!!! Abi I no make sense?
u fit o to heaven without work ?
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Sasuwa(f): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2016
@Kentornic pls review my blogging nich physics tutorial www.physicslectures.info expert blog
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by Sasuwa(f): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2016
Orikinla:
OP, you are spot on.
LIB was started 7 years ago and the blogger only started making money two years ago.
She often made weekly visits to my office for tips and Nairaland contributed to her popularity and basic financial success.
But as you can see, that she has not learned any lesson from the recent problems that made Google to shut her blog. She is still using her sub domain as if she cannot succeed without it.

Two things helped LIB to succeed. And she has not made made them public.
what r d two things
Re: Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... by intergral(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
u fit o to heaven without work ?
hey beautiful.... You're just seeing this now...... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland MissTechy Featured On Nigerian Bulletin:Give advice to New Bloggers / "Female In Nigeria" Facebook Group Founder Meets Mark Zuckerberg In USA (Photo) / 10 Most Searched Topics On Google In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.