Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? (37486 Views)

A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / Challenging The Skeptics / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by franugo(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2014
AgentOfAllah:

I'm an academic, so in my academic circles, I freely discuss about my irreligiousity and I'm notorious for shutting religious academics up in my school. To their credit, they're much easier to debate than folks on Nairaland because they are scientifically minded, and are given to reason.

Whenever I visit my parent's home though, I'm a closet atheist, not because my family will harm me, but because my mama is quite the drama queen, so I don't want to ruffle her feathers because no matter what, mummy is mummy, if you know what I mean... cool grin

bro my situation is the same. Women are such drama queens. Some of my siblings know i hate going 2 church nd all my hostelmates know. Even my parents know to an extent...a very small extentgrin.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by chinnyonwu(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2014
logica:
They are getting cleansed of their sins. He works in mysterious ways. grin
guyyyyy ur an idioot for making me laff so hard....
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by eroticboy: 8:47am On Nov 06, 2014
lastchild:
This thread reminds me my days of atheism,never agreed with anyone about things of God

Never knew I had a spiritual problem which I always refuse to accept its reality whenever it occurs,always looking for a physical excuse to hold onto when ever it manifest

Till it got to a stage I could no longer disregard,I had to run for my dear life,I ran to mountain of fire for back up

The truth of this matter be say,I'll never blame any atheist because I used to be one,I only see them now as people who never had any encounter with anything spiritual,although some of them do but refuse to accept it like I used to

oga lastchild i am curious what kind of problem did you have that shook your belief......
i tend to look at things prescribed as spiritusal matters as gibberish.....
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by eroticboy: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2014
patostation:
This is what false religion has done to many. All the so-called atheists and agnostics were "converted" by false religions' bad fruitage so they have come to see religion in the negative light. Many of them still know that there is 'a God'. That is why under severe illhealth, intense suffering, uncertainty, death of loved ones you often hear atheists cry out: "Oh God, please help me". In essence many "neo-atheists" have nothing against their maker. Their religions of birth have simply failed in letting them know Him.

For now, I wish them luck till the day something will make them know that there is God.

naaaaaah people will clutch at straw hats when they dont have anything to hold on tooo........
athiests are human tooooo
even then in the worst of circustances god has been known to fail and fail people most woefully....
sad!!!!
hope and belief in god is a poor strategy to succed in any endevour

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by freethinker01: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2014
I was an apostate around a year n half ago.Well, I've told few people before when I was in camp(nysc) and a few of ma friends. I just realised I couln't tell any1 anymore very recently.
It happened 'bout two weeks ago when I decided to pay ma elder sis(a lecturer) and ma junior sis(a student) a visit in a nigerian state uni after ma sevice. On this fateful day, I went to ma sis's hostel buh realised she wasn't around, so I had to wait for her. While waiting, I saw this beautiful damsel and I decided to engage her in a conversation and she yeilded cuz she's also waiting for her to collect her key. Along the line, she sounds secular and witty. So I decided to bring up ma stance on religion(a terrible mistake). She started coating all sorts of bible verses, how she encountered god and stuff. I told her that was good for her that I've already made up my mind and I can't be more sure of my stance.
My sis eventually came and the conversation automatically ended. Oblivion to me, she told ma sis every damn word I told her, my sis told every member of our family. The day ma mom's call came in, the 1st thing I heard was don't come to ma house u this faithless boy of useless generation. I instantly sensed I've made a terrible mistake, every member of my family is annoyingly religious(they went besrk on me). Well, I got masef in a big mess, I gotta find a way 2 get masef out. Well, I had to call my bro-in-law to tell him I was just trying to know the girl's stance on religion and how deep rooted her faith was. I now added, who dosen't believe in god these days when everything in the world is not right. Mehn, that was how I escasped eternal damnation and seclusion from ma family.
So, as far as I'm concerned, I would lay low 4 now and let it die down. Maybe when I'm tru with my maters programme in europe(still aspering and I'm very optimistc) I would coime out of the close 'bout ma religious status.

4 Likes

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by basille(m): 11:38am On Nov 06, 2014
BuddhaPalm:
Once you become an atheist, the first thing that happens is that you kinda become angry.
Why the fvck did they sell me this bullshít. Why is everyone so irrational - unlike the smart, superior me?
Superior indeed, i wonder how you got to such conclusion.

I believe everyone has the right to believe any religious doctrine or advocate any religious view they support, so i don't think of people as 'irrational' because of what they believe, because truth is a matter of perspective.
Only when people act irrational, i deem them irrational.

So instead of going all kung fu-evangelical on their áss. Why not plant seeds instead. "What if...?" Or generally express your opinion, when asked, without being condescending, disrespectful or combative.
And most patiently hope that someday, they might, in a moment of quiet contemplation have some bulbs go off. "What if I was born a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist or a Traditionalist". "If God loves us so much, why would he burn some of us for - wait! - ETERNITY!","That's incongruent with being all LOVE"
Plant seeds? Now let me make this clear to you, i don't care what anybody choose to believe, it's their life not mine, to each his own. As long as their believes doesn't propose any harm to mankind.
If anyone tries to convince or convert me, i give them reasons as to why i choose my believe and if we can't reach a conclusion hence an argument. I don't go around forcing my believes down people's throat.
So i still wonder how you jumped into the 'condescending' gibberish conclusions.
Talk about being judgmental.

A hole here and a hole there, you have yourself a leaky ship. And once there's a leaky ship, the entire complex is going down, down, down. 

Its only a matter of time.
Inconsiderate assumptions here and there, you have yourself a leaky ship. And once there's a leaky ship, the entire complex is going down, down, down. 

And finally, arguments are blunt instruments which bloody more than they cut (paraphrasing Chief Dr Robert Greene). Believe me, you will lose quite a few friends - if you are the argument guy.
Thanks for advice, i'll keep that in mind.

"If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a victory sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get your opponent's good will." -------- Benjamin Franklin

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" --------Isaac Asimov
wink smiley grin
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
leofab:
you get spiritual wife?
yes I do
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Peterken05:
you were never an atheist.
can you define what being an atheist is?
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Please share the experience.
I would love to know what "spiritual" encounter drove u back.

I dont think such exists tho i used to believe in spiritual things. Not anymore, but i am open to reason.

Thanks
Will be expecting you reply pls.
if you can be able to visit my profile,then look out for my diary thread,whatever thing you read there might sound so stupid and unrealistic but they are real
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by leofab(f): 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
lastchild:
yes I do
walaha dey oh....
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 1:16am On Nov 07, 2014
leofab:
walaha dey oh....
serious one o,my story is in my diary thread in diary section

Its been an unending battle since 2008
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by nnofaith: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2014
Peeps in my office know. Wifey knows, my parents and extended family don't. Funny thing about the the peeps in the office is that most of them enjoy me bashing religion. Religion is childishly hilarious.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2014
Not an atheist per se, but as for practicing religion I can't and don't pretend. Those who know me closely know I'm a skeptic, however, in the same way religion shouldn't be rubbed in peoples' faces, a lack of religion/faith should also not be.

Im not uncomfortable with my stance (tho I used to be), and I'm always open to proper discussion and food for thought.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by osemeka: 9:15am On Nov 07, 2014
Hope you guys don't mind if I use this simplistic analogy.
I'd say, each of us is like a kid raised by a single mom (called "Life"wink and have a biological father (called "God"wink. Whether the kid ends up being close to the biological father or not kinda depends on the type of mom in question. Some push the kid away, some take him closer. And the plenty plenty stories the single mom (Life) tells the kids about their dad (God). The mom could say d man is a tough no nonsense somebody who slaps kids in advance before they even commit d crime, hehehe, or that he's an extremely generous somebody always giving out undeserved gifts without asking anything in return. See gobe. And to me these stories may be referred to as "religion".
Either way, I'd say the kid can get along with or without the man, all depending on what he stands to gain or lose.

Insults anyone??

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 07, 2014
osemeka:
Hope you guys don't mind if I use this simplistic analogy.
I'd say, each of us is like a kid raised by a single mom (called "Life"wink and have a biological father (called "God"wink. Whether the kid ends up being close to the biological father or not kinda depends on the type of mom in question. Some push the kid away, some take him closer. And the plenty plenty stories the single mom (Life) tells the kids about their dad (God). The mom could say d man is a tough no nonsense somebody who slaps kids in advance before they even commit d crime, hehehe, or that he's an extremely generous somebody always giving out undeserved gifts without asking anything in return. See gobe. And to me these stories may be referred to as "religion".
Either way, I'd say the kid can get along with or without the man, all depending on what he stands to gain or lose.

Insults anyone??

Only that it's a poor analogy; tattered, and full of holes.

Not only has God himself now been reduced to absentee 'father' status, but that still leaves us with dozens of very different tales from 3 Billion a "mother life" to decipher, and make sense of regarding said "biological dad/god" (not to mention a very 'bastard' world). So, how exactly does one become close to an absent "biological dad"? And what is there to gain or lose in "getting along" with him - the absent?

@ bold how is that any more dependent upon "mother life" than it is on "father god's" absenteeism?

Well, now that we've waded into completely different waters, I sure hope you have your sewing utensils handy wink
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by osemeka: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Not only has God himself now been reduced to absentee 'father' status, but that still leaves us with dozens of very different tales from 3 Billion a "mother life" to decipher, and make sense of regarding said "biological dad/god" (not to mention a very 'bastard' world). So, how exactly does one become close to an absent "biological dad"? And what is there to gain or lose in "getting along" with him - the absent?

@ bold how is that any more dependent upon "mother life" than it is on "father god's" absenteeism?

Well, now that we've waded into completely different waters, I sure hope you have your sewing utensils handy wink

Not all biological dads are so "absent" o. Abi don't u see celebrity couples and their drama? perhaps it takes a kid raised by a single parent to get what I was tryin to say. Depending on how their lives have been, some rily want to get to know that their other parent, some dislike them, while some are indifferent.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by osemeka: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

The gains or losses could be anything from psychological (the ability or inability to feel, "oh, I'm cared for afterall, I'm so special“) or material (cars, properties and if you're lucky jets). Plus my post wasn't trying to explain everything that's wrong with the world. that one pass me. how your closeness to God is more dependent on life is mayb related the fact that ISIS soldiers babies are kicking severed Syrian soldiers heads like footballs as we speak. they didn't know they were coming to earth to do that.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
osemeka:

Not all biological dads are so "absent" o. Abi don't u see celebrity couples and their drama? perhaps it takes a kid raised by a single parent to get what I was tryin to say. Depending on how their lives have been, some rily want to get to know that their other parent, some dislike them, while some are indifferent.

If they're not absent, then the context of your analogy wouldn't make sense, and their opinion wouldn't 'depend' on "mother life" tales but rather their own experience and time spent.

Anyway, I don't think it makes proper sense in reference to deities/worship/religion.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by yuzedo: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

@ Bolded, great!

Usual progression: Religious => Atheist => Agnostic => Pantheist => Who knows...

Once you become an atheist, the first thing that happens is that you kinda become angry.

Why the fvck did they sell me this bullshít. Why is everyone so irrational - unlike the smart, superior me? But remember, we humans are all superfluously irrational.

Lol, there's even a book titled Predictably Irrational - makes an interesting read.

If you look closely, you'll see that our irrationality as a specie even borders on idiocy. Take something as you being from Nigeria as an example. In the name of this imaginary entity, you will 'justifiably' discriminate, fight wars and kill people. Well, because they are from a different imaginary entity.

Nationalism is the infantile disease of mankind, said Einstein. He was so right.

Almost every one of our actions is governed by irrationality. Emotions. And emotions take logic to the cleaners all the time, everyday. Logic just doesn't stand a fvcking chance.

When you 'attack' a religious person with your logic, even if you possess the persuasiveness of a serpent, he FEELS affronted. An affront to his God, an affront to his intelligence and an affront to his person.

And under this beautiful atmosphere, there's no way your message could possibly get through. And to make things worse, you are going against thousands of years of momentum...and years and years of conditioning. Your logic is not that strong - though it has it virtues.

Besides, everyone is right, depending on where their understanding is, and where circumstance has placed them.

For example, if you asked a student in Primary 2, "What is 2 - 3?", her answer would be "it cannot go!" Is she wrong?

Good.

"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself." ---- Galileo

So instead of going all kung fu-evangelical on their áss. Why not plant seeds instead. "What if...?" Or generally express your opinion, when asked, without being condescending, disrespectful or combative.

And most patiently hope that someday, they might, in a moment of quiet contemplation have some bulbs go off. "What if I was born a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist or a Traditionalist". "If God loves us so much, why would he burn some of us for - wait! - ETERNITY!", "That's incongruent with being all LOVE"

A hole here and a hole there, you have yourself a leaky ship. And once there's a leaky ship, the entire complex is going down, down, down.

And finally, arguments are blunt instruments which bloody more than they cut (paraphrasing Chief Dr Robert Greene). Believe me, you will lose quite a few friends - if you are the argument guy.

"If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve a victory sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because you will never get your opponent's good will." -------- Benjamin Franklin
This is my post of the month! I am a big fan of yours, BuddhaPalm...

4 Likes

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

@ Bolded, great!

Usual progression: Religious => Atheist => Agnostic => Pantheist => Who knows...

Why the fvck did they sell me this bullshít. Why is everyone so irrational - unlike the smart, superior me? But remember, we humans are all superfluously irrational.

Lol, there's even a book titled Predictably Irrational - makes an interesting read.

If you look closely, you'll see that our irrationality as a specie even borders on idiocy. Take something as you being from Nigeria as an example. In the name of this imaginary entity, you will 'justifiably' discriminate, fight wars and kill people. Well, because they are from a different imaginary entity.

Nationalism is the infantile disease of mankind, said Einstein. He was so right.

Almost every one of our actions is governed by irrationality. Emotions. And emotions take logic to the cleaners all the time, everyday. Logic just doesn't stand a fvcking chance.

When you 'attack' a religious person with your logic, even if you possess the persuasiveness of a serpent, he FEELS affronted. An affront to his God, an affront to his intelligence and an affront to his person.

And under this beautiful atmosphere, there's no way your message could possibly get through. And to make things worse, you are going against thousands of years of momentum...and years and years of conditioning. Your logic is not that strong - though it has it virtues.

Besides, everyone is right, depending on where their understanding is, and where circumstance has placed them.

For example, if you asked a student in Primary 2, "What is 2 - 3?", her answer would be "it cannot go!" Is she wrong?

Good.

"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself." ---- Galileo

So instead of going all kung fu-evangelical on their áss. Why not plant seeds instead. "What if...?" Or generally express your opinion, when asked, without being condescending, disrespectful or combative.

And most patiently hope that someday, they might, in a moment of quiet contemplation have some bulbs go off. "What if I was born a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist or a Traditionalist". "If God loves us so much, why would he burn some of us for - wait! - ETERNITY!", "That's incongruent with being all LOVE"

And finally, arguments are blunt instruments which bloody more than they cut (paraphrasing Chief Dr Robert Greene). Believe me, you will lose quite a few friends - if you are the argument guy.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the post of the year 2014!

4 Likes

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by osemeka: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

If they're not absent, then the context of your analogy wouldn't make sense, and their opinion wouldn't 'depend' on "mother life" tales but rather their own experience and time spent.

Anyway, I don't think it makes proper sense in reference to deities/worship/religion.

yeah it may not be the right analogy but I was trying to keep it simple. the concept of absence tho... it's relative. we may never meet ppl but always b hearing about the things we hear they are, they said, they did or didn't do. And that can affect d way we see. People have their personal opinions of rihanna or davido who they've never met, and God is like the biggest persona ever so it's easy for him to get talked about alot
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
Chrisbenogor:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the post of the year 2014!

Glad you liked it. Cheers.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
yuzedo:

This is my post of the month! I am a big fan of yours, BuddhaPalm...

A bigger fan of yours Sire. Very flattered.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Ishilove: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
lastchild:
if you can be able to visit my profile,then look out for my diary thread,whatever thing you read there might sound so stupid and unrealistic but they are real
O ma ga ke... I've read your diary... Does the demons till trouble you?
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by curiouslad(m): 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

@ Bolded, great!

Good.

Better words have never been so eloquently put together!
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by leofab(f): 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
lastchild:
serious one o,my story is in my diary thread in diary section

Its been an unending battle since 2008
each time you have a rendezvous with them you bear a demon, if your can remember how many time you had sexx with them in your dream then you know how many demons you have giving birth to!!!!!!

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
leofab:
each time you have a rendezvous with them you bear a demon, if your can remember how many time you had sexx with them in your dream then you know how many demons you have giving birth to!!!!!!
I have 3 marine kids,I know all of them one by one including their mom,mine has exceeded to something else but I must win the battle
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ishilove:

O ma ga ke... I've read your diary... Does the demons till trouble you?
yes,I even had an encounter with her just now which prompted me to be on nairaland just to be awake
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Bifwoli: 12:45am On Nov 08, 2014
I don't know much about atheists but I do know its a

funny world where muslims don't recognize the Pope,

Jews don't recognize Jesus ,

and Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store.

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by asalimpo(m): 2:17am On Nov 08, 2014
Bifwoli:
I don't know much about atheists but I do know its a

funny world where muslims don't recognize the Pope,

Jews don't recognize Jesus ,

and Baptists don't recognize each other at the liquor store.

not a funny world wen fanaticism leads to bloodshed Or deception.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Ishilove: 5:55am On Nov 08, 2014
lastchild:
yes,I even had an encounter with her just now which prompted me to be on nairaland just to be awake
You need to stop spending money on unnecessary rituals. By doing water rituals and all that nonsense, you need to understand that it strengthens her hold in your life. You also need to understand that sin is like fertiliser;it enriches her presence in your life.

One last thing: she has a legal ground to stand, that's why she is so stubborn. What is that legal ground? Your foundation. Go back and ask your parents the circumstances of your birth. Ask questions. Where is your family ancestrally from? Did they worship river idols? Was there any dedication? Are your siblings facing similar situation? There needs to be a proper investigation to completely understand your situation. However, I strongly suspect there's an idol at work here. They're the ones that like this kind of nastiness.

When you understand these circumstances, you need to be genuinely born again. Not born again because you are being oppressed, but born again because you want to hand over the rulership of your life to Jesus. Born again because you recognise the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and you want to be a partaker of that salvation through the mediation of the new covenant; The Covenant of the Blood. The blood which speaks better things than the blood of Abel. You will use the word of God which is power and is life to challenge any satanic oppressor, and with that word which is a hammer that breaks to pieces any stinking rock, you will smite the enemy by their cheekbone.

Then catch the fire. When fire is in your bones, this nasty demon will not be able to possess your body. Believe me, I have seen this fire. It is fearful and devastating. When Hebrew 12:29 declared "our God is a consuming fire", it wasn't a joke. You won't believe it until you see it. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in the spiritual realm. It raged and boiled was just awful.

I was inside it but it didn't hurt me. I was afraid, so afraid, but the enemy was even more afraid and it consumed him completely.

Now imagine that kind of fire inside your body...what dirty power will be able to come near you??

But first, you need to withdraw that legal ground and then... catch the fire.

3 Likes

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by lastchild: 7:16am On Nov 08, 2014
Ishilove:

You need to stop spending money on unnecessary rituals. By doing water rituals and all that nonsense, you need to understand that it strengthens her hold in your life. You also need to understand that sin is like fertiliser;it enriches her presence in your life.

One last thing: she has a legal ground to stand, that's why she is so stubborn. What is that legal ground? Your foundation. Go back and ask your parents the circumstances of your birth. Ask questions. Where is your family ancestrally from? Did they worship river idols? Was there any dedication? Are your siblings facing similar situation? There needs to be a proper investigation to completely understand your situation. However, I strongly suspect there's an idol at work here. They're the ones that like this kind of nastiness.

When you understand these circumstances, you need to be genuinely born again. Not born again because you are being oppressed, but born again because you want to hand over the rulership of your life to Jesus. Born again because you recognise the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and you want to be a partaker of that salvation through the mediation of the new covenant; The Covenant of the Blood. The blood which speaks better things than the blood of Abel. You will use the word of God which is power and is life to challenge any satanic oppressor, and with that word which is a hammer that breaks to pieces any stinking rock, you will smite the enemy by their cheekbone.

Then catch the fire. When fire is in your bones, this nasty demon will not be able to possess your body. Believe me, I have seen this fire. It is fearful and devastating. When Hebrew 12:29 declared "our God is a consuming fire", it wasn't a joke. You won't believe it until you see it. I didn't believe it myself until I saw it in the spiritual realm. It raged and boiled was just awful.

I was inside it but it didn't hurt me. I was afraid, so afraid, but the enemy was even more afraid and it consumed him completely.

Now imagine that kind of fire inside your body...what dirty power will be able to come near you??

But first, you need to withdraw that legal ground and then... catch the fire.

thanks

My elder brother has the same issue ,My mom is in the best position to answer what happened during our birth but its unfortunate she's no longer living, my dad doesn't know anything about it

Can't it be destroy without knowing all those things?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

I Think I'm Losing My Belief / Seat Causes Quarrel At The Experience 2019 / Pastor Tega Ahre Is Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.