Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? (37482 Views)

A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / Challenging The Skeptics / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 05, 2014
freecocoa:
Lorreta is still very much around in the family section, under a new moniker though.
okay
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by sylaz(m): 3:21am On Nov 05, 2014
I keep my complete disregard and extreme irreligiousness my personal business. Untill my mum decides that I have to be praying in the midnight while getting my beauty sleep. angry

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by logica(m): 4:32am On Nov 05, 2014
finofaya:

I say I'm searching for God.
...or Waiting for Godot. Good one. grin
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by logica(m): 4:41am On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:
Yet Allah watches over 200 girls get ra.ped in his name. Allahu Akbar indeed.
They are getting cleansed of their sins. He works in mysterious ways. grin

1 Like

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by LyfeJennings(m): 5:41am On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:

What would you say about CHOSEN who wear their banners to work offending my sensibilities by saying I am going to burn in Hell. Or Muslims who do the same. Guess with peeps like you self-righteous pr1cks there will be dead bodies enough to overcrowd Hell. You psychotic freak. Love you tho. Repent

Lool. I love ur guts but U real crazy. As in, U and craze are competing for who craze pass... someday, God will reveal himself to U..
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 05, 2014
LyfeJennings:

I dont support violence, I think I am educated and civilized to an extent but gee, U deserve a death sentence for this post. Its fine to be an atheist but U flaunting it to offend others belieg is wrong. U deserve to be beheaded right in the desert and ur corpse should be left for vultures to feed on
Boko Haram Alert!! Any SSS in the house!
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Lanrefreshkid: 6:25am On Nov 05, 2014
I am a free thinker on the verge of losing my religion.

I was born a Muslim and even attended an arabic school then later didnt know how i ended in church.

In my secondary school days i happened to be d best student in Physics and Biology and sometimes then i just wanted to question the existence of God cos i was tought and read most of the magic our cleric told us God did like rain, thunder storm, cloud, day and night, eclipse and all that and all these was crystal clear but i wld brush this toughts off my mind cos my alfa and pastors have brainwashed us that you have commited a great sin if ever u think how God exists let alone you doubting its existence so i prayed for forgiveness anytime i read my books cos science will always intend to open your mind.
i was even more convinced when scientist predicted eclipse a year before it happened and it was so accurate hence i began to have this strange believe and i started questioning religion...

People around me that noticed i was almost an alfa noticed this strange believe as i wld ask them about religions just to convince myself and erase this feeling but yet no reasonable answer and all i sense from thier reasoning is that religion was created to enslave our mind, to control human, to slave people and to extort money like our jet flying pastors..i even read of late that pope believe in big bang and go against genesis stuff..

Religion is the only believe that could seperate a twin, religion destroys culture,kill your reasoning. without religion there wld have been no Bokoharam or isis killing thier felow brothers and sisters in the name of god

i support the 5percenters that says '' ten percent of the people
of the world know the truth , and those elites opt to keep
eighty-five percent of the world in ignorance and under their
controlling thumb..our jet flying pastors are part of this ten percent fooling people.
I have seen a pastor that went to a babalawo for power...Religion doesnt have answer to all these questions.

7 Likes

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2014
urcutecrush:
I don't go to church again
Dad doesn't go to church and
My mom isn't forceful.
But if thr is celebration dat involves rice@my moms church.
I no dey miss dat one.
Am the one dat will even dance pass sef
After rice I don vamoosee.
I tell those that matters.
I don't go around telling everybody.
so u dnt believe in Jesus christ?
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2014
Peterken05:
so how do you expect atheist to believe in these imaginary characters?
Belief is by faith. If anyone chooses the path of disbelief, all the best to them.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Kamenmen(m): 9:30am On Nov 05, 2014
I can't say God doesn't exist but what I understand is that the world seems much much much older than the creation story puts it to begin with. so am more of a skeptic and people who have been around me long enough know me as such, I think.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Bella3(f): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
By the beginning of this year, I was strongly atheist, but now I think I am fine with agnostic.
My family know, lately, they think I have repented. Lol. My friends don't know. Only those that matter know.
The level of religious stupidity and extremism has made me keep to myself.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by dagr8(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bella3:
By the beginning of this year, I was strongly atheist, but now I think I am fine with agnostic.
My family know, lately, they think I have repented. Lol. My friends don't know. Only those that matter know.
The level of religious stupidity and extremism has made me keep to myself.
You are still doing jumping jumping ??
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
0rex:

Belief is by faith. If anyone chooses the path of disbelief, all the best to them.

You have the best approach so far.. advise your fellowmen to try it. live n let live
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Atigba: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
Adwexky:
This is unbelievable.
*Mum is a Deacon and You are an Agnostic person.
*But deeply within her (mum), her prayer might be that you should be tagged A Pastor, in the future (nearest).
Not my faut it just happened
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by chinnyonwu(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chinaimporter:

I will find you and leak you secret you damned infidel.
I wonder how an infidel of you status could arise from the loins of such a good man.
so u wan to leak his secret and achieve what? u without secret see the rubbish coming out of ur mouth .
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
xcapizt:
O boy ye! See how we pack this place!! Menhhh, we plenty o #NeverAlone
It is shocking. No be small.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Ranchhoddas: 6:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
musKeeto:

It is shocking. No be small.
if you guys are wrong e don be for all of una be that.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
if you guys are wrong e don be for all of una be that.
Honestly, life begins when you know you are going to hell. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by wiegraf: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
@finofaya

That email where NL send, which is supposed to be yours, no dey work.

Send another email address in a PM
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by wiegraf: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
vanhelsing:
My dad is a pastor incharge of a Rccg parish, my mom and siblings all hold respective posts in the church. I am the "black sheep" grin and I have never hidden it. My dad has come to terms with it, my mom doesn't care. My siblings even join me in mocking religion sometimes. I know two of them who will eventually break free. My wife is a Muslim she doesn't even bother me, at least I buy ram for her sallah celebrations annually. That one don reach.

How u take marry muslima?
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by vanhelsing(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
wiegraf:

How u take marry muslima?

Hey bros, I met her in college. My parents didn't even question my decision.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by wiegraf: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
vanhelsing:

Hey bros, I met her in college. My parents didn't even question my decision.

It's her parents that puzzle me. They don't usually allow this
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by vanhelsing(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
wiegraf:

It's her parents that puzzle me. They don't usually allow this

They are a very liberal family, the whole of them. Even her twin married a christian.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nmeri17: 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
Raiders:
No. I keep my beliefs to myself. Religious believe is suppose to be personal. I don't go around screaming to people that I am atheist. Nigeria is a very religious society and you are either a Christian or Muslim in Nigeria.

or babalawo! angry angry haven't u heard "that awa downstairs neighbor Is an occultic man "
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nmeri17: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lol. Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is
no God." cool cool God knew that you buffaloes will exist even before y'all were born and kept this quote on standby wink
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by finofaya: 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nmeri17:
Lol. Psalm 14:1 The fool says in his heart, "There is
no God." cool cool God knew that you buffaloes will exist even before y'all were born and kept this quote on standby wink

If one says in his heart "la ilaha illallah", is he also a fool?
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by finofaya: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
logica:
...or Waiting for Godot. Good one. grin

Lol. And the writer insists he wasn't referring to God. Funny how fitting the play turned out to be.
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by charismaticdave(m): 3:49am On Nov 06, 2014
I do believe that there is a supreme being. Mighty than all what humans can comprehend. Just that I do not believe in the act of religion. I follow my intuitions and I believe that there is a higher calling that just being religious
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by wiegraf: 5:11am On Nov 06, 2014
vanhelsing:

They are a very liberal family, the whole of them. Even her twin married a christian.

Lucky you. That's not exactly common
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by daryoor(m): 5:29am On Nov 06, 2014
if i should attempt to say whats on my mind en, i will continue writing till 2015
Re: To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 06, 2014
wiegraf:

Lucky you. That's not exactly common

If it were in this region her more 'serious' relatives would have hindered it. As last resort they may even cause you to disappear...like, secretly murder you. That's why we don't even mess with this malo chics oo. Na no go area. If a malo chic smiles at you sef, you look away and quicken your steps...Hehehe, wisdom is profitable to direct after all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Our Heart Cry: Revive Us Oh LORD, Revive For Your Use. / A Fulani Christian Shares His Challenges After Accepting Christ / Taiwo Odukoya's Twin Sister, Kehinde Dies Weeks After His Wife's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.