Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs (47405 Views)

5 Most Popular Daughters Of Nigerian Presidents / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by gists: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
rigarmortis:

1. OP you are being truthful by half measures, first, Zik was not an executive president, tafawa balewa was the de facto ruler, zik was just a figurehead.

2. calculate the number of years muslims have ruled against xtians and see.

3. as to the SW states, the Christians their wont discriminate, it just happens that majority are xtians and majority xtians will result in more xtian candidates/contestants.

4. lastly Christians will seldom resort to violence the way our gentle piss "peace" loving brothers will do if anything goes against their wishes, like a certain general from cat-sinner, a name sake of the famous pedophile blood loving prophet from the middle east
next

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by stan241(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
gists:

Chineke b gị onwe gị kwa nwanne m nwoke.
Pardon my Igbo - not the smootheset
o weghi nsogbu nwanne..udo...mine's not that great either...loving your points though
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Neatboy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
I don't think you guys really do understand what a system and political culture means. Things have changed whether you like it or not. Nigerians are now sensitive because of the spate of political islam and insurgencies. I don't really have problem with a muslim muslim ticket, but the only problem I have is Buhari. He had made derogatory and treasonable statement that ought to have landed him in jail if this was an ideal society. He is a fundamentalist. He registered Nigeria in the Organization of Islamic Countries. He said that all muslims should vote for a muslim candidate. He also said that the fight against terrorism is a fight against the north. What else do you want him to do before you call him an extremist? A man is always judged by his words even in heaven. Are you guys blind for God sake!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
I'm really happy with Nairaland now. now matured!
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
chemali:
It's the gullible Nigerians who believe bullshit I blame. 16 years of PDP and their small minds have been reduced to Muslim/Christian.
It is not "Gullible Nigerians", it is Nigerians mainly from the South Eastern part of the country. Stop trying to be politically correct and stick to calling a spade, a spade.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Neatboy:
I don't think you guys really do understand what a system and political culture means. Things have changed whether you like it or not. Nigerians are now sensitive because of the spate of political islam and insurgencies. I don't really have problem with a muslim muslim ticket, but the only problem I have is Buhari. He had made derogatory and treasonable statement that ought to have landed him in jail if this was an ideal society. He is a fundamentalist. He registered Nigeria in the Organization of Islamic Countries. He said that all muslims should vote for a muslim candidate. He also said that the fight against terrorism is a fight against the north. What else do you want him to do before you call him an extremist? A man is always judged by his words even in heaven. Are you guys blind for God sake!!!!!!!!!!!
Hate usually makes people die at an early age... ask Hitler if you don't believe me.

4 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Neatboy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
It is not "Gullible Nigerians", it is Nigerians mainly from the South Eastern part of the country. Stop trying to be politically correct and stick to calling a spade, a spade.

Does the PDP connotes or denotes South East?
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by spade: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Stop spamming my mentions and leave me the fhuck alone.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
spade:

Stop spamming my mentions and leave me the fhuck alone.
Are you steewpid or just plain ignorant because of the debilitating poverty that you've endured for generations? How does my reply equate to 'spamming'?
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by spade: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Are you steewpid or just plain ignorant because of the debilitating poverty that you've endured for generations? How does my reply equate to 'spamming'?

Are you too dumb to digest the post I just sent your way? I suggest you scroll back up and read it again very slowly.
Once again, stop clogging my mentions with your political discussions.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by muzzol: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Sibabasibaba1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bros, what if we calculate it this way?:

MUSLIMS

Belewa---5.5
Murtala---0.7
Shagari—5.3
Babangida—8 years
Abacha---5 years
Yar’Adua- 3 years
Total- 27.5

Total: 54 - 27.5 =26.5

Shagari ruled from October 1, 1979 to December 31, 1983. That should be 4.3 if i still know my maths.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by unilever(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
gists:
Nnamdi Azikiwe => Christian => 1963
Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi => Christian => 1966
General Yakubu Gowon => Christian => 1966
General Murtala Mohammed => Muslim => 1975
Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo => Christian => 1976
Shehu Shagari => Muslim => 1979
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari => Muslim => 1983
General Ibrahim Babangida => Muslim => 1985
Ernest Shonekan => Christian => 1993
General Sani Abacha => Muslim => 1993
General Abdulsalami Abubakar => Muslim => 1993
Olusegun Obasanjo => Christian => 1999
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua => Muslim => 2007
Goodluck Jonathan => Christian => 2010-date

Out of 14, we have 7 Christians and 7 Muslims

In South west, it is said that between 1979 - 1983 all the SW states (Ogun, Oyo, Ondo) were ruled by Christian-Christian tickets. Until the advent of Amosun, Ogun state had never had a muslim governor! Just 4 years ago, before Aregbesola, Osun was a under a Christian-Christian ticket (Oyinlola and Obada).

Between 1999 to date, South west has had more christain governors than muslims (Under AD/ACN and PDP)
Ekiti=>Niyi Adebayo=>AD=>Christian
Ogun=>Olusegun Osoba=>AD=>Christian
Ondo=>Adebayo Adefarati=>AD=>Christian
Osun=>Adebisi Akande=>AD=>Christian
Oyo=>Lam Adesina=>AD=>Muslim
Lagos=>Bola Tinubu>AD=>Muslim

Ekiti=>Ayo Fayose=>PDP=>Christian
Ogun=>Gbenga Daniel=>PDP=>Christian
Ondo=>Olusegun Agagu=>PDP=>Christian
Osun=>Olagunsoye Oyinlola=>PDP=>Christian
Oyo=>Rasheed Ladoja=>PDP=>Muslim
Lagos=>Bola Tinubu>ACN=>Muslim

Ekiti=>Segun Oni=>PDP=>Christian
Ondo=>Olusegun Agagu / Olusegun Mimiko=>PDP / LP=>Christian
Osun=>Olagunsoye Oyinlola / Rauf Aregbesola=>PDP / ACN=>Christian / Muslim
Oyo=>Alao Akala=>PDP=>Christian
Lagos=>Babatunde Fashola>ACN=>Muslim

Ekiti=>Kayode Fayemi=>ACN=>Christian
Ogun=>Ibikunle Amosun=>ACN=>Muslim
Ondo=>Olusegun Mimiko=>LP=>Christian
Osun=>Rauf Aregbesola=>ACN=>Muslim
Oyo=>Abiola Ajimobi=>ACN=>Muslim

PDP has produced more Christain governors in SW than other parties. Does that mean PDP is a Christian party?

All this religious antics are crap if you ask me. What is most important is the credibilty and the performance of the one in charge. Little wonder most south westerners doesn't even realise the fact above that there have been more christian governors.

FFk maliciously said APC governors are made up of 80 % muslims in order to manipulate the poplulace toward voting PDP against the facts above. What he maliciously lfet out is the fact that in South-East and South South governors have been 100% christians (and almost certainly, their deputies too!)

So Where is the Ismalization of Nigerian? In fact, should the majority of the Northan muslim population vote against PDP since PDP is the one playing the religion politics?

And wat of the north, were they governed by christian governor also during this periods
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by mailadedamola(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
OSUN 1999 Bisi AKande is a Muslim and not christain correct that.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Neatboy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Hate usually makes people die at an early age... ask Hitler if you don't believe me.

I can't hate Buhari, I just want the best for my country. But people like you don't want to open your eyes maybe because of the hate for GEJ. Why not Tambuwal, Oshomole or Fashola?

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
I AM A CHRISTIAN FROM SOUTH-WEST, AND I WILL VOTE A MUSLIM NORTHERNER AGAIN AND AGAIN AS OPPOSED TO A WEAKLING PRESIDENT THAT BELIEVES "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION"

2 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by philips70(m): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
menabadoo:
ok, op now calculate the number of years muslims ruled and that of Christians.

The longest serving Nigerian leader ever is a Christian, the person of General Yakubu Gowon. He was given all the support needed to succeed by the Muslims in the North then whether in the military or outside. He ruled for 9 years. All these religious and ethnic cards are bullshit only bandied by incompetent leaders to hide their failures. I wonder where all these recent agents of religious and ethnic jingoism where when Aremu ruled for 8 years. In 1983 the whole country voted massively for MKO Abiola if not for the ambition and greediness of a few that scuttled it. Where was the North born to rule mentality they keep using to taunt the Northerners today? They have overused it. Only that illiteracy and naivety will not allow it work against them. Ignorance is disease worse than Ebola and AIDS put together.

5 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by muzzol: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Samsleek7:
Guy calculate number of years per term... I mean people like Ernest Shonekan shouldn't be on that list.. D guy serve reach One year?

Secondly, u said south-south, SE governors are 100% christian,, what about Lagos, Sokoto, Kebbi, Katsina, Yobe, Borno, Kano, Niger, Zamfara, Bauchi, Gombe, Kaduna(Yakowa bt shortlived) E.T.C with a substantial number of Christians that have never smelled a church going Governor?? Most of this states i mentioned had governors from d parties that formed APC. This states dont even have a church-going commissioner let alone Deputy Gov. Infact churches don't even survive in this states confirming the islamisation of Nigeria Story. Get ur facts right!

Oga, i think RCCG, Winners, Deeper Life, Christ Embassy, Foursquare, Daystar, CPM, TREM etc started in Lagos. In your wildest imagination, churches dont thrive in Lagos. There is God o.

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
Neatboy:

Does the PDP connotes or denotes South East?
Ohhhh, the Northerners in PDP are also insisting on a Christian candidate and are busy calling themselves terrorists and telling Nigerians not to vote muslims because they will islamize the country.

Keep fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by abbakacici: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
i don't why south eastern Christian sound that they are the only christian and liberal people in Nigeria, funny enough most part of Nigeria have to some certain exact allow people of different faith have a said in their state political, the op give example of south west state, here are example of north Nigeria, Benue with almost 95% Christians and pagans have a muslim representative, plateau have 2 muslim representative even during OBJ era they have a muslim senator, Taraba and Nasarawa with almost 50/50 population have both muslim/Christian. am tired of hearing that SE is 100% stuff because if you are liberal as you claim other people will feel comfortable living in your cities from example Zaria in Kaduna was declare an islamic state by Bako I dan Musa in 1500s as most northern state but still pagans live with the environs and sharia was reintroduce in 1800 by Musa ibn Suleiman Ibn Muhammad that almost 200 years so if muslim hate Christian that much i don't Christians will account for about the 15-20% of northern Nigeria
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by agog: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Adebisi akande is a Muslim. pls get your fact right.
gists:
Nnamdi Azikiwe => Christian => 1963
Major-General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi => Christian => 1966
General Yakubu Gowon => Christian => 1966
General Murtala Mohammed => Muslim => 1975
Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo => Christian => 1976
Shehu Shagari => Muslim => 1979
Major-General Muhammadu Buhari => Muslim => 1983
General Ibrahim Babangida => Muslim => 1985
Ernest Shonekan => Christian => 1993
General Sani Abacha => Muslim => 1993
General Abdulsalami Abubakar => Muslim => 1993
Olusegun Obasanjo => Christian => 1999
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua => Muslim => 2007
Goodluck Jonathan => Christian => 2010-date

Out of 14, we have 7 Christians and 7 Muslims

In South west, it is said that between 1979 - 1983 all the SW states (Ogun, Oyo, Ondo) were ruled by Christian-Christian tickets. Until the advent of Amosun, Ogun state had never had a muslim governor! Just 4 years ago, before Aregbesola, Osun was a under a Christian-Christian ticket (Oyinlola and Obada).

Between 1999 to date, South west has had more christain governors than muslims (Under AD/ACN and PDP)
Ekiti=>Niyi Adebayo=>AD=>Christian
Ogun=>Olusegun Osoba=>AD=>Christian
Ondo=>Adebayo Adefarati=>AD=>Christian
Osun=>Adebisi Akande=>AD=>Christian
Oyo=>Lam Adesina=>AD=>Muslim
Lagos=>Bola Tinubu>AD=>Muslim

Ekiti=>Ayo Fayose=>PDP=>Christian
Ondo=>Olusegun Agagu=>PDP=>Christian
Osun=>Olagunsoye Oyinlola=>PDP=>Christian
Oyo=>Rasheed Ladoja=>PDP=>Muslim
Lagos=>Bola Tinubu>ACN=>Muslim

Ekiti=>Segun Oni=>PDP=>Christian
Ondo=>Olusegun Agagu / Olusegun Mimiko=>PDP / LP=>Christian
Osun=>Olagunsoye Oyinlola / Rauf Aregbesola=>PDP / ACN=>Christian / Muslim
Oyo=>Alao Akala=>PDP=>Christian

Ekiti=>Kayode Fayemi=>ACN=>Christian
Ogun=>Ibikunle Amosun=>ACN=>Muslim
Ondo=>Olusegun Mimiko=>LP=>Christian
Osun=>Rauf Aregbesola=>ACN=>Muslim
Oyo=>Abiola Ajimobi=>ACN=>Muslim

PDP has produced more Christain governors in SW than other parties. Does that mean PDP is a Christian party?

All this religious antics are crap if you ask me. What is most important is the credibilty and the performance of the one in charge. Little wonder most south westerners doesn't even realise the fact above that there have been more christian governors.

FFk maliciously said APC governors are made up of 80 % muslims in order to manipulate the poplulace toward voting PDP against the facts above. What he maliciously lfet out is the fact that in South-East and South South governors have been 100% christians (and almost certainly, their deputies too!)

So Where is the Ismalization of Nigerian? In fact, should the majority of the Northan muslim population vote against PDP since PDP is the one playing the religion politics?
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by chamboy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Neatboy:
by his words even in heaven, GOD Have mercy on this soul...
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by diamond4life: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
CORRECTION: Akande and Ajimobi are not christians
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
spade:

Are you too dumb to digest the post I just sent your way? I suggest you scroll back up and read it again very slowly.
Once again, stop clogging my mentions with your political discussions.
Free Internet seems to have driven some of you completely mad.

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by chamboy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Neatboy:
Please whenever u want to pass a message never use God's words for deceit. His Bigger than ur paymasters

2 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by spade: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Free Internet seems to have driven some of you completely mad.

The stolen BB Curve you're using seems to have driven you completely sttupid.
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by chamboy(m): 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
Pls Mods can u please close this Thread. I hate it when I see this Religious saga going on..... God bless u all
Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by Ikengawo: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
nduchucks:

I think the idea that ss & se are made up of 99% christians is stretching the truth a bit. 40 - 50% Christians my be accurate while the rest are animists, idol worshipers and cultists. Please do not take it the wrong way, I am simply stating what I consider to be facts much like you did above.

LOL I don't think there's that many 'cult activities'. You know Nigerians like to accuse each other of non-sense or say that something is happening just for a reaction. I believe most muslim and christian nigerians are a mix of whatever their 'religion' is and animism. Anyone that believes in anything supernatural that isn't in their holy book, which nearly all nigerians do, is still animist to an extent.

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
unilever:

And wat of the north, were they governed by christian governor also during this periods
What of the South East, how many Muslim Governors have they had?

Matter fact, the West (including the old Bendel Region area) and the North have people from other regions in their Governments, how many does the South East have?

You guys are so intolerant and bigoted it's nauseating.

5 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
spade:

The stolen BB Curve you're using seems to have driven you completely sttupid.
If we didn't invent the cell phone or introduce you to writing, you'd still be dancing naked under the moonlight, in your town square, under a big banana tree while eating fellow humans or marrying your deceased father's wives, killing twins and practicing your Osu madness.

Oh, wait, you do still eat humans (though on a smaller scale now),marry your step mom's and practice Osu discrimination.

1 Like

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by spade: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
If we didn't invent the cell phone or introduce you to writing, you'd still be dancing naked in the moonlight in your town square under a big banana tree, eating fellow humans, marrying your deceased father's wives, killing twins and practicing your Osu madness.
Oh, wait, you still do eat humans (though on a smaller scale now), marry your step mom's and practice Osu discrimination.

You mean just like your primitive, barbaric, monkey-faced people currently practice ritual killings and human parts trade in areas like Soka and Abeokuta right here in 2014 on a large scale? Or do you mean the same way your brothers still fhuck their daughters-in-law (does a certain OBJ ring a bell?) and busy themselves with steamy sessions of Fulani butt-licking (Does a certain Afonja ring a bell?)? The next time you plan on constructing another childish tribalistic post, just make sure you've given it enough thought so as not to shoot yourself on the foot.

And who invented the cell phone? Your illiterate, no-good, motor park urchin of a dad? grin Don't make me laugh, dingbat, because the only thing you've invented so far is "Stomach Infrastructure".

Once again, digest my first post to you: Stop clogging my mentions with your "Call a Spade a Spade" bullshhiit, because I wouldn't be here if you weren't using it.

Confused, tribalistic dullard grin

4 Likes

Re: History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs by lagcity(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
See how christian and muslim zombies have ruled and ruined Nigeria and Africa?

We need an atheist president tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land / Breaking News: Boko Haram Video Journalist Killed "On Duty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.