Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,939 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (45033 Views)

Photos From Fatal Accident Close To UNIZIK In Awka Area Of Anambra State / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by babestella: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
1. 75% of federal projects are done in the north yet they cry fowl
2. The northerners have more states and local government councils in Nigeria. The implication is that any project they don't want executed in the southwest or south east they don't support at the National Assembly.
3. During ObJ tenure, the bill for the construction of the second bridge was frustrated and never got any support from the northerners who are more in the house supported by the southwest out of share love for the IGBO/southeast.
4. Based on flimsy excuses, uncle Fash deported people from the south east and dropped them all at the Niger bridge. Too much love for the IGBOS and south east.
5. The first time someone from the nations resource pot is leading this nation and someone from the north promised to make the nation ungovernable for him. Haba why? If not for anything, GEJ deserves all the support he needs to move this nation forward, but no, the north and southwest rather pull him down just because he is from the south south and they don't want him there because they in the north are born to rule.
There are many more, is it killing of IGBOS even right from the civil war and after, the riots in Kano, kaduna and north generally are all targeted at the IGBOS.

So tell me, is it the Tyranic Buhari who is an Islamist, a coupist that the IGBOS will vote for? Or it is Fashola who has only shown IGBOS the tip of what's coming if eventually they grab power.

My friend, let's not deceive ourselves, there is no one NIGERIA, the military had already positioned their people to have a say in politics and decisions taken in this country. They don't like anyone but themselves alone. Stop deceiving yourself drumming support for Buhari, he is a tyrant. Look for a better candidate but not Buhari. IGBOS will not vote APC if Buhari is presented.

Moreso, what's wrong in supporting GEJ, the first time a Niger deltas will lead, I think he deserves all the support and encouragement to at least serve for 8 years without anyone promising to make any part of NIGERIA ungovernable for him. He is trying, there are positive things about him too. No one is perfect. During OBJ, over 16 billion dollars was spent in power sector, and today we still don't have electricity. Did anyone call for OBJ's head? Benin - ore road was a total mess, people traveling to east during Xmas spent days on that road. But today, the story is different. How much did OBJ spend on refineries, do we have refineries working today? No. Yet OBJ was in charge of petroleum ministry and power. Let's stop this tribal sentiment so that NIGERIA can stand please. If GEJ was supposedly from Kano, would Buhari and the north make his government ungovernable? Wouldn't he drum up support for him.

Coming to the pictures, it is that bad and even in south west, the problem is not with GEJ, it is with the National Assembly where projects bills are sponsored, mentioned and passed for execution. The northerners are more in number, the south is devided and so much hatred towards the south east. How do we veto any capital project meant for the south.

Please people should wake up.

3 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by MrEverest(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
enigmaotr:
The road is at 85% completion embarassed
pure and undiluted sarcasm
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by MrEverest(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
God have mercy on us! Is it rocket science to build and maintain roads in the SE and in indeed the entire south. This is an assault to the sensibility of any modern day man.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
MrEverest:
pure and undiluted sarcasm
grin
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by blink6(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
It really annoys me when I see posts about GEJ didn't do that, GEJ does this.

You're very sure that the person you want to vote in as the president wil do great?

make we leave sentiments and preferrential treatment o!

None of them good. They just exploiting Nigeria.
Reason the number of persons that want to become the governor, president, senator, e.t.c... you go know say they not going there having in mind that they serving us. They going for the money...

Even movie actors n actresses want in.

Whoever will become the president wont do more or less of Wat GEJ have done. All of them na same.

Nigeria does not need a president to keep up.

News Flash: Ghana and Us purchase of our crude oil did drop.

when e finish, them go rest.

#teamNoMore Leaders.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by MGrainds: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
Poor people...
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by symbian03(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
seangy4konji:
I wonder if things will ever get better in Nigeria with sights like this.

There is no way you can live long in life if you pass that road every day of your life for 5 years.

This made me laugh haha still laughing...
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by symbian03(m): 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
ayonice:
this is what hausa foolanis caused for 39 years they ruled us.

I'm neither Hausa nor Fulani - BUT you're obviously the greatest fooooool here.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by symbian03(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
prophetfire:
I am igbo and the truth is that whn it cmes to political leadership n political decisions,our people become foolish.they allow petty sentiments n emotionalism to becloud their sense of reasoning.

God bless you.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by stagger: 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
lastpage:

Everything you said was sounding PLAUSIBLE.... and l say plausible because most are in the FUTURE TENSE, as most projects that have been "achieved" by this fraudulent govt until.... the bolded parts!

To blame the sate of the road on the NATURE OF SOIL is the height of stewpidity by any illiterate that has access to internet! angry angry

I will tell you something today:
Early this year, l branched to see a Cousin of mine in Ireland-Dublin, on my way from the U.S.
I spent three weeks with his family and it rained EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of those three Weeks! angry angry
It rains so much in that place that they have a joke which goes that "The only reason you see an irish person in church is because he is trying to take shelter from the rain"! grin grin
I am sure those who are familiar with that country will bear me out on this.
I asked my cousin how they are able to survive with this kind of rain ... then he reminded me that "Life here has adpted to and conquered" the rainy environment.

Just use "Google Maps" to zoom-in and view the roads and streets in that country and it will amaze you! A country that does not have ONE SINGLE Natural resources o! shocked shocked
Reason l brought this up is that the country is an Island, completely out of nowhere and it rains there 90% of the time, (dont even talk about the kind of crazy breeze that blows there!) yet... You need to see the roads in this place! You will just love to drive around! kiss kiss

Solid roads, well maintained and very smooth.
They are not complaining about rain or soil yet here in Nigeria, somebody is repeating the same silly excuses that l have been hearing for almost twenty five years when l first visited the East?

How do you expect the roads to last more than "One season" when all the contractors in Nigeria do is just "spray asphalt paint on red sand" and call it road construction?
I drove on the Ife Expressway when it was just completed about 2001 and God, that was my best drive back then (In a V-Boot!) but because of the poor materials used by "Oni of Ife's company" that did that road, it collapsed within two years of construction.
Go and see the same road now, its a mess ..or are you going to blame "rain and soil" for a road in the South West as well?

How about using other methods like "Concrete" for such roads, if Asphalt has been failing since the days of Lord Lugard?
Or are we that daft?

A badly constructed road, due to endemic corruption, will not last more than one season but a well constructed road (using internation standards w.r.t. thickness of asphalt, the right type of base material, et.c.) will last at least 30yrs and all you need do is just small-small patching!

Some of the roads made in the days of Herbert Macualay, are still intact in some parts of Lagos, up till today!

So what is the nature if the soil in Dublin and the nature if the soil on the PH-Enugu road?

What is the vehicular traffic like on that road and in your friend's place?

What is the level of economic activity that leads to such vehicular traffic in both places?

Because u managed to raise money from contribution to travel out for the first time when some of us have lived in some of those places you claim is better than your father's land, you think you now know more than me in such matters. Abeg park well jor!
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by remikunle: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Wonderful I don't think u have Governors in ur states.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by stanley095(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
what a state my brother
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by anibestlala(m): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
This is what we have in the south East after Six years of jonathan Ebele Azikiwe Goodluck Omereoha's presidency.
hnmmmmm
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by martinbillings: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2014
Anyday someone ask what Jona has done for the Igbos, that person must surely incur the wrath of God. Please leave us alone, we have made our choice.

In Sapele, we have a saying; "two men no dey argue who him "osho" big pass make one say he dey go house go bring him own. Seeing is believing. Who no go fit show him own, make he quiet."
You see, Awazie who I had no hesitation picking to join the TEAM GEJ debate team has thrown down the gauntlet to all the devilish press liars who say the Second Niger Bridge is nothing but an election gimmick.
Well, if building it so people vote for you, is a gimmick, then so be it, but telling people it is not being built , is what has irked Chinomso. He wonders if the functioning Enugu International airport is also a hoax.
So like a man whose "manhood" has been challenged, Chinomso has taken down his boxers and his opponents have scurried away....and I hear Chimnonso even has a cold and it is not its full length yet....and still his opponents ran.

You see, APC people have no pictures to show for BUHARI'S TEN YEARS IN GOVERNMENT viz Borno State Governor, Minister of Petroleum, NNPC head, Head of State and PTF boss. They cannot show any pictures because Buhari gave all the contracts to his inlaw and all the projects are either destroyed or never came onstream. Babangida has Third Mainland Bridge to show us, Buhari none, not even an anthill or temitorium.
GEJ is however building at least 2 bridges that I know of. The Benue Bridge is making sense now and the Second Niger Bridge is now the cause of contention.

You see, that GEJ is building this 2nd Niger Bridge after making Enugu an International airport is annoying many people. To them, Gowon's "no victor, no vanquished" must be made a lie. The East must remain conquered. They must ensure there is no route from there out of the country. Now GEJ is balancing out development, and that just annoys.

Is it not a shame that this Niger Bridge is being built by GEJ? After all the shelling Obasanjo gave the bridge, did he think that the bridge needed repairs and then a second one?
The question the Ibos have asked and answered is AFTER TEN YEARS OF BUHARI IN GOVERNMENT, WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR IBOS? Even IBB at least chose an Ibo man as deputy, though a stubborn Ibo man.
Buhari chose his Northerner as deputy and no Ibo man was top 10. I am not talking about the fact Buhari was second in command to ADEKUNLE THE SCORPION's 2-IC. I am not talking about the fact that Buhari went and arrested Ojukwu FOR NOTHING!!! I am not talking about putting Ekweme in Kirikiri prison, under terrible conditions, while Shagari was flexing at home with his wife. I am not even talking about the many Ibos and Nigerians who have literally been his "dogs and baboons in the hands of Boko Haram".
I am simply asking APC to say what Buhari has done for Ibos and pictorially.

Goodluck Jonathan is empowering Ibo men including Pius Anyim and many others. Things that were exclusive to Hausa-Fulani is coming down East and they say "he is dividing Nigerians." Yes, anyone who does not kowtow to the usual, but empowers other areas is "dividing Nigeria.
So Awazie has pulled out his "anaconda", Let the APC people counter this, not by rhetoric and badmouthing and general witchcraft. They should begin to show us their "amgba" by showing us pictures and or directing us to THINGS BUILT BY BUHARI IN 10 YEARS OF GOVERNANCE, and then tell us when they have ever seen Julius Berger go on any building site to play Koso/kelekele.

So again APC, BUHARI HAS RULED FOR 10 YEARS as Governor of Borno, Minister of petroleum, Head of State, and PTF boss. Trillions have passed his office. WHAT DID HE DO FOR IBOS? SHOW US PICTURES!!!! GIVE US ADDRESSES.
Tomorrow we will hear another story that Buhari discovered River Niger or River Benue, show us the pictures.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by dmozart: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
martinbillings:
Anyday someone ask what Jona has done for the Igbos, that person must surely incur the wrath of God. Please leave us alone, we have made our choice.

In Sapele, we have a saying; "two men no dey argue who him "osho" big pass make one say he dey go house go bring him own. Seeing is believing. Who no go fit show him own, make he quiet."
You see, Awazie who I had no hesitation picking to join the TEAM GEJ debate team has thrown down the gauntlet to all the devilish press liars who say the Second Niger Bridge is nothing but an election gimmick.
Well, if building it so people vote for you, is a gimmick, then so be it, but telling people it is not being built , is what has irked Chinomso. He wonders if the functioning Enugu International airport is also a hoax.
So like a man whose "manhood" has been challenged, Chinomso has taken down his boxers and his opponents have scurried away....and I hear Chimnonso even has a cold and it is not its full length yet....and still his opponents ran.

You see, APC people have no pictures to show for BUHARI'S TEN YEARS IN GOVERNMENT viz Borno State Governor, Minister of Petroleum, NNPC head, Head of State and PTF boss. They cannot show any pictures because Buhari gave all the contracts to his inlaw and all the projects are either destroyed or never came onstream. Babangida has Third Mainland Bridge to show us, Buhari none, not even an anthill or temitorium.
GEJ is however building at least 2 bridges that I know of. The Benue Bridge is making sense now and the Second Niger Bridge is now the cause of contention.

You see, that GEJ is building this 2nd Niger Bridge after making Enugu an International airport is annoying many people. To them, Gowon's "no victor, no vanquished" must be made a lie. The East must remain conquered. They must ensure there is no route from there out of the country. Now GEJ is balancing out development, and that just annoys.

Is it not a shame that this Niger Bridge is being built by GEJ? After all the shelling Obasanjo gave the bridge, did he think that the bridge needed repairs and then a second one?
The question the Ibos have asked and answered is AFTER TEN YEARS OF BUHARI IN GOVERNMENT, WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR IBOS? Even IBB at least chose an Ibo man as deputy, though a stubborn Ibo man.
Buhari chose his Northerner as deputy and no Ibo man was top 10. I am not talking about the fact Buhari was second in command to ADEKUNLE THE SCORPION's 2-IC. I am not talking about the fact that Buhari went and arrested Ojukwu FOR NOTHING!!! I am not talking about putting Ekweme in Kirikiri prison, under terrible conditions, while Shagari was flexing at home with his wife. I am not even talking about the many Ibos and Nigerians who have literally been his "dogs and baboons in the hands of Boko Haram".
I am simply asking APC to say what Buhari has done for Ibos and pictorially.

Goodluck Jonathan is empowering Ibo men including Pius Anyim and many others. Things that were exclusive to Hausa-Fulani is coming down East and they say "he is dividing Nigerians." Yes, anyone who does not kowtow to the usual, but empowers other areas is "dividing Nigeria.
So Awazie has pulled out his "anaconda", Let the APC people counter this, not by rhetoric and badmouthing and general witchcraft. They should begin to show us their "amgba" by showing us pictures and or directing us to THINGS BUILT BY BUHARI IN 10 YEARS OF GOVERNANCE, and then tell us when they have ever seen Julius Berger go on any building site to play Koso/kelekele.

So again APC, BUHARI HAS RULED FOR 10 YEARS as Governor of Borno, Minister of petroleum, Head of State, and PTF boss. Trillions have passed his office. WHAT DID HE DO FOR IBOS? SHOW US PICTURES!!!! GIVE US ADDRESSES.
Tomorrow we will hear another story that Buhari discovered River Niger or River Benue, show us the pictures.

LONG MEANINGLESS THRASH !!! What sort of impact do you want a Governor of Borno to make in Nkpor, Orlu, Ikwuano, Igbo-eze, ? Was it Buhari hat declared police action in 1966? Or Gowon? Every Soldier was conscripted to the war front, it was not a matter of choice....so do you blame Buhari for the war? I know you are a paid pen pusher, but not a very good one..... Next time, try post solid points, cos u r post was unnecessarily long and full of jargons. Buhari ga abu presidemt Nigeria 2015.
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IGBOSON1: 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
emmasege:
You are right friend. I recently told a northern friend of mine that the reason for their blind campaign for buhari is because they want power to return to the north, particularly d n/west at all cost. As at this moment, I'm giving it to Jonathan not because he's good or deserves it but because the opposition party has failed to do the needful. If they really cared so much about rescuing Nigeria from PDP, they would forget sentiment & pick d best man in their camp whose sterling performance as governor speaks volumes & who's not known for any religious bigotry. I'd gladly join d campaign train of APC if they consider Babatunde Raji FASHOLA as dr flag bearer & a northern Christian as his running mate. I'd like to see a situation where we will have a southern Muslim as president & a northern Christian as d VP.

^^^@Bolded: There's a possibility of that happening only when hell freezes over! wink
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IGBOSON1: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
donnypool:

well i schooled in enugu, that place is trash. lets be sincere. onisha is a joke compare to asaba

^^^Did You just say Enugu is thrash?
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IGBOSON1: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
emmysoftyou:
yes my dear it s very pathetic because nigeria my country is pathetic too.

pls i have one/two questions to ask yu after ur reply.
after displaying the pathetic and unfortunate federal roads that lead to onitsha-awka and enugu -portharcourt expressway...

are you guys now telling us not to vote for jonathan and who do yu expect us to vote for?

^^^To answer your question in bold: Buhari, or any other Fulani the APC put forward as their choice!
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IGBOSON1: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
hansad:
[b]What is going on is a continuation of ever-Conspiratorial government of Nigeria - GEJ is a mere figure head.

Apart from rushing and building five lane express ways in the north, Nigeria's government is only busy in the south building the expensive East-West Road that joins oil producing states in the southsouth to the Southwest region, which has many roads and rail connection with the north.

A short while ago, VP Namadi Sambo also talked about his office approving a new Railway line running along the coast from Lagos to Calabar. The East-West road and rail line are in a most difficult water/land terrain hence, cost of servicing them alone if ever completed may be alarming.

We still have same conspiracy governance system established by northern military regimes that led them to building oil tunnel from the southsouth to Kaduna.

Nigeria has remained a country where resources are not judiciously deployed by leaders bedeviled by ethnic bigotry, a wasteful country: during the military regimes, ultramodern digital telephone exchanges were first built in very small towns in mostly the north, while big cities down south were struggling with old and dysfunctional analog telephone exchanges. NITEL latter died.[/b]

^^^It's my fellow Igbos that have swallowed this crap of 'one Nigeria' that i pity!

I swear, our only hope to survive and prosper as a people is to find a way to restructure this country, so our traditional haters (we know who they are), when they eventually get control of power at the center, wouldn't be able to hold us down and cheat us like they've done in the past; either that or we have to go it alone and leave this wicked country!

I am warning Ndigbo now; if and when President Jonathan leaves office, and the status-quo remains, while his successor comes from parts known to have championed the oppression, marginalization and ethnic cleansing of Ndigbo......if this happens, we should prepare to return back to pre 2009 levels!

If you want to know the bile, hatred and jealousy these people have for us, just go back and read junaid mohammeds interview on Ndigbo!
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Did You just say Enugu is thrash?

yes i did
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Mrval20(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
donnypool:

yes i did

It's either you haven't been to Enugu before or you're simply jokingundecided
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by IGBOSON1: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mrval20:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

It's obvious what his problem is! smiley
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Mrval20(m): 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

It's obvious what his problem is! smiley

Hmm I wonder o, my own 042 ocheesy
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by martinbillings: 2:14am On Nov 07, 2014
dmozart:
LONG MEANINGLESS THRASH !!! What sort of impact do you want a Governor of Borno to make in Nkpor, Orlu, Ikwuano, Igbo-eze, ? Was it Buhari hat declared police action in 1966? Or Gowon? Every Soldier was conscripted to the war front, it was not a matter of choice....so do you blame Buhari for the war? I know you are a paid pen pusher, but not a very good one..... Next time, try post solid points, cos u r post was unnecessarily long and full of jargons. Buhari ga abu presidemt Nigeria 2015.
A pity u can read but cant comprehend. Well my post is too long but in summary. We aren't voting a northerner. Jonathan ga aburiri president Nigeria till 2019. OZU
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2014
Mrval20:

I started with pre science in nsukka, before i gain admission into esut in agbani
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Mrval20(m): 7:53am On Nov 07, 2014
donnypool:

I started with pre science in nsukka, before i gain admission into esut in agbani
Then you graduated a long time ago baba
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 07, 2014
Mrval20:

Then you graduated a long time ago baba

2008-2009 before i moved to canada
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Mrval20(m): 8:33am On Nov 07, 2014
donnypool:

2008-2009 before i moved to canada
No wonder. Just come around whenever you visit Naija and you'd be surprised
Re: The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway by Bifwoli: 2:38am On Nov 14, 2014
MrEverest:
God have mercy on us! Is it rocket science to build and maintain roads in the SE and in indeed the entire south. This is an assault to the sensibility of any modern day man.

Haha,i feel you.Quite amazing that the big nations have made it to the moon and recently even managed to land on a distant asteroid while Nigerians are having it very hard to get to the village.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) / Man Sitting Inside The Engine Bay Of A Bus In Motion On Apapa-Oshodi Express / Is There Any White Country Nigeria Is Better Than?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.