Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (45232 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
What is his anointing compared with that of pst,w.f kumuyi...
Ministers with groudnut anointing keep blowing their own trumpet..
So many pastors left D.L.B.C and the church kept waxing stronger and stronger...
In ministry,there is no relationship between being called of God and being sent by God...
Some things are better left un-said..its a sign of matured christains..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by domido(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:
Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

By their fruits, we shall know them!
na wa ooo... So Pastor Bakare is a riff raff. This are d pple dat worship pastors instead of d word.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Tolutheo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
femi4:
So,how did you know the advert depicts unclothedness.....hypocrite!

I will be very wrong if i do not like your post cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Tolutheo(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
Daninya1:
What is his anointing compared with that of pst,w.f kumuyi...
Ministers with groudnut anointing keep blowing their own trumpet..
..its a sign of matured christains..

The above does not sound like the response of a matured christian.

5 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
I got 30+ mentions; fortunately and unfortunately you guys do not understand the rudiments of leadership smiley

Who walks out of the Church 'angrily' when his pastor is preaching? Only riff-raffs and rebels.

Of course fellow riff-raffs in Church and anti-deeper Christianity will oppose my views. Acidosis is not surprised.

Let me make this clear, I do not attend deeper life; but I hate it when riff-raff christians strive to relate their acts of 'riff-raffism' with Christianity. How come no one is talking about the unclad videos our G.O have been watching in the devil's box? grin

all these fake christianity you people have been sharing in your churches ehn...

TV can be a devil's box and at the same time, stand as a tool for evangelism. As at the time Pastor Kumuyi preached against TV, do we have Christian channels? Do we have TV preachers? Isn't the same tool most of you used to watch the likes of "Undertaker" "Lere paimo and all the shrines in Ijebu and Bakassi"?

My opinion stand anyways; I welcome and I appreciate the mentions smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
christabeli:
With all do respect you have no right to call him names except you are a riff-raff too.He made his choice leave him alone. From what he said I dont see where he insulted kumuyi. If the television is a devils box as u called it and not some of the programmes done by humans, please tell me what Kumuyi is doing preaching in the devil's box. How easy it is to call people names and get unnecessary angry when their opinion differs from us.
alright
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by seunlayi(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:
I got 30+ mentions; fortunately and unfortunately you guys do not understand the rudiments of leadership smiley

Who walks out of the Church 'angrily' when his pastor is preaching? Only riff-raffs and rebels.

Of course fellow riff-raffs in Church and anti-deeper Christianity will oppose my views. Acidosis is not surprised.

Let me make this clear, I do not attend deeper life; but I hate it when riff-raff christians strive to relate their acts of 'riff-raffism' with Christianity. How come no one is talking about the unclad videos our G.O have been watching in the devil's box? grin

all these fake christianity you people have been sharing in your churches ehn...

TV can be a devil's box and at the same time, stand as a tool for evangelism. As at the time Pastor Kumuyi preached against TV, do we have Christian channels? Do we have TV preachers? Isn't the same tool most of you used to watch the likes of "Undertaker" "Lere paimo and all the shrines in Ijebu and Bakassi"?

. ....those days in the city of ibadan when around 6pm grown up men will have to carry out the box with key housing the TV, we the children instead of doing something profitable to our future or preparing for next day school will have to sit in the front outside the house and big boys and men will sit at the back totalling nothing less than 30 audience watching the TV programme with no choice of channel other than whatever nta Ibadan is showing either good scene or bad scene. this was a tradition and routine. for pastor kumuyi to condemned that habit to me was OK although I never knew or heard of him till the early 90th's.
I also recollect how I started loosing g interest in TV when almost 15 people will gather in my one room apartment to watch video from my Sony upper loader VCR then instead of gathering people together to share something more educative or profitable to them.
all this equal to vanity and it is a fact that today that TV addiction is bad.........

thank God that I later, voluntarily joined DLBC few years ago. Praise the Lord

3 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by femi4: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

Yes, we do. The likes of Benson Idahosa

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
seunlayi:
. ....those days in the city of ibadan when around 6pm grown up men will have to carry out the box with key housing the TV, we the children instead of doing something profitable to our future or preparing for next day school will have to sit in the front outside the house and big boys and men will sit at the back totalling nothing less than 30 audience watching the TV programme with no choice of channel other than whatever nta Ibadan is showing either good scene or bad scene. this was a tradition and routine. for pastor kumuyi to condemned that habit to me was OK although I never knew or heard of him till the early 90th's.
I also recollect how I started loosing g interest in TV when almost 15 people will gather in my one room apartment to watch video from my Sony upper loader VCR then instead of gathering people together to share something more educative or profitable to them.
all this equal to vanity and it is a fact that today that TV addiction is bad.........

thank God that I later, voluntarily joined DLBC few years ago. Praise the Lord
This is the kind of point I expect from fellow Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by wuffdedonji: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=Seun post=27719134]An excerpt from his interview with Newswee

When old people speak it is not because of the sweetness of words in our mouths; it is because we see something which you do not see ,no pastor can conclude God.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
femi4:
Yes, we do. The likes of Benson Idahosa

and you bought the TV set because you want to watch Idahosa's 30minutes message on Sundays on NTA Benin?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by M4gunners: 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
felifeli:

Na lie grin grin
Lol
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Raotito(m): 9:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by raphy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis is the rave of d moment.with all these mentions.thats one of the magic w33d always do.i dey hail o .
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Pamcrest(f): 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
grin Devil's box......d rejected stone has become d cornerstone....television evangelism now d in-thing! I heard d story of a man who joined Deeper Life n began distributing his "devil's property" (tv, radio, jewelry, carvings, paintings, even clothes) to his neighbors n friends. But a few years down d line, he got reborn again, saw another light n began asking for his property back. Of course no one obliged him. Some out rightly denied collecting anything from him sef. Too much religiousity is unhealthy!
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by raphy(m): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis post=27730327]I got 30+ mentions; fortunately and unfortunately you guys do not understand the rudiments of leadership smiley

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by kwenu: 10:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
reason scriptures from genesis to revelation , but understanding matters, i find no fault in the two preachers, the sttements from Pator Tunde Bakare just showed us Gods gretness, God is so big that u cant comprehend

see MFM will tell you, Pray against witches and wizards to die, (pls correct me if i m wrong)
a church like christ embassy could suggest that you pray for such a person afflicted with the spirit of withcraft
cananland faith teberncle's reaction to withcraft could be a slap (yes i understand the hatred from the man of God over withcraft activities)
how about the redeemed, they may call a witch out for repentance. salvation or deliverance.

now i wonder , because ye we say we worship and serve thesame God

but heres what i think Go is so big that u cant comprehend

Keneth Hagin said, christianity is like a mountain, the higher u go , the more u see, when u climb a mountain, u see from the angle which u hve climbed. so it is with our preachers. yet i think they re accepted of the almighty

4 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by PrettyGaby(f): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

na wa for you o. Is your Bible written in greek?

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
raphy:
Acidosis is the rave of d moment.with all these mentions.thats one of the magic w33d always do.i dey hail o .
grin I bow oo
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Acidosis(m): 10:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
PrettyGaby:

na wa for you o. Is your Bible written in greek?
Na English o my sister
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
And where is he moral-wise?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by adedayourt(m): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

Assume Jesus Christ also read this post, do you think He would have called Mr Bakare a riff-raff?

Out of the aboundance of the heart your fingers have typed.

Keep it up saint

6 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Oluwatosin678(m): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
Acidosis:

if TV is a devil's boX,pls bro what are you going to call PHONEs??

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AfricanApple(f): 1:30am On Nov 05, 2014
na wa o.

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by kinethic: 1:44am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis post=27719248]Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et
cetera.

God has given us a prophet in this land by Tunde Bakare. Everything about him would be misquoted and obscured. People don't like to hear the truth these days but prefer words their itching ears likes to hear .
Accept it or there is no prophet like him in our land at this time.
People always misquote him looking for a loophole to accuse him .. It's been like that from ancient times.
Personally have had an encounter with him as we stood before God in a vision and he is being declared a prophet for our nation and humanity. He hears from God and he is human.Why can't we support those who are trying and risking their daily lives to see our nation is not ruined but delivered. We shall see who laugh last.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by kinethic: 1:45am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=Acidosis post=27719248]Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

God has given us a prophet in this land by Tunde Bakare. Everything about him would be misquoted and obscured. People don't like to hear the truth these days but prefer words their itching ears likes to hear .
Accept it or there is no prophet like him in our land at this time.
People always misquote him looking for a loophole to accuse him .. It's been like that from ancient times.
Personally have had an encounter with him as we stood before God in a vision and he is being declared a prophet for our nation and humanity. He hears from God and he is human.Why can't we support those who are trying and risking their daily lives to see our nation is not ruined but delivered. We shall see who laugh last.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nmeri17: 2:09am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

See finishing cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Artistree: 3:47am On Nov 05, 2014
naitalk:

And only an uncut ill-mannered depeerlife member will give this response
The word is UNCOUTH
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by femi4: 3:50am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

and you bought the TV set because you want to watch Idahosa's 30minutes message on Sundays on NTA Benin?
Thought you said there were no preacher or televangelist at that time.

It is easier for you to give the list of programs that were not edifying but we had more educative and edifying programs back then like Sesame street, NTA news, School Debates, Documentaries etc

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by femi4: 3:54am On Nov 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
na wa o.
How will I get my apple?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AfricanApple(f): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2014
femi4:
How will I get my apple?
dont worry, how u will get it is easy grin

however don't forget to come here and vote. https://www.nairaland.com/1982159/miss-nairaland-december-2014-contest#27736592. voting start by 10 a.m
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by youngice(m): 8:08am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

are you a Christian
If yes. you are very vindictive and judgemental

If no I have nothing to say,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & Wife Celebrate Excel, Their Daughter's 1st Birthday In Style / Apostle Chibuzor Meets Sacked Staff Of Chicken Republic He Offered Scholarship / 'Get Back Your Husband' Church Banner Spotted In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.