Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (45236 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by femi4: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
dont worry, how u will get it is easy grin

however don't forget to come here and vote. https://www.nairaland.com/1982159/miss-nairaland-december-2014-contest#27736592. voting start by 10 a.m
Mo ti gbo
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2014
Seun:
An excerpt from his interview with Newsweek:

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/10/20/gods-judgment-will-start-from-the-church-pastor-bakare/

Kumuyi is certainly one of those ignorant people fuuccking up the human race. People should get real education before becoming leaders.

Kumuyi with his influence should have helped African regain their consciousness and confidence.Instead,he is advertising the white man's religion

Kumuyi should look at himself as a fool now. Television is not a devil's box,it is an electronic device which is no different from the annoying loud speakers he uses in his church.

Kumuyi is an ignorant soul who have lead millions to their death

Kumuyi deserves to go to jail for turning millions into under achievers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AfricanApple(f): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2014
femi4:
Mo ti gbo
o she jare omo iya. it has started
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Akpama47(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2014
Who ever wrote this if ur a diper life member or administrator what ever u are I must say I'm disappointed because as a christian you don't have rouse abusive words like calling the other pastor a rif-raf and I want to tell you thay be it a television or devils box what ever you guys call it,you own one in ur house and as a child of God you have the say over the TV as it is called to neglect all other programs and watch nly Christian inspired programs that's why you can tune it to a station of ur choice or take total control by watching only Christian CD's because almost all deeper life churches house this so called devils box in their auditorium's so why keep the devils box when you realy knw what it is.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Akpama47(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2014
ifeness:

Kumuyi is certainly one of those ignorant people fuuccking up the human race. People should get real education before becoming leaders.

Kumuyi with his influence should have helped African regain their consciousness and confidence.Instead,he is advertising the white man's religion

Kumuyi should look at himself as a fool now. Television is not a devil's box,it is an electronic device which is no different from the annoying loud speakers he uses in his church.

.who ever wrote this is very low in reasoning nd as a matured person of the standard u are trying to portray u have no right what so ever to call any body a fool ad I must admit with the way u are sounding you sound like a pagan and sombody that hates the christian ministry one hing about the nigerian constitution is that every body has a right to a religion so if my honorable pastor has divided to follow Jesus Christ that's his wish(wich I also advice you to follow)and that's what pays him his family and his ministrations,and I want you to knw that the pastor is more leaned than you are and by the grace of God over his works widely traavled than you are nd you don't even have a decent reason to put him in jail so why take panadol 4 another mans headache's just give your life to Christ.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by EvilSeeed: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Was born and spent my childhood in Deeperlife Bible Church (Gbagada Branch).

The one thing I can say for certain is that then, Televisions were not allowed to be owned by members. But my Mum being a renegade kept our small President Black and White Devils Box.. grin

When Pastor Kumuyi finally eased up on Televisions, members cried and even started praying for him as they believed he had backslided.

Till today, many Deeperlife homes still dont have televisions in em.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by 4C2215131: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:
Mr Bakare shouldn't have walked out of the Church. Only riff-raffs do that.

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

By their fruits, we shall know them!

Shame on you! Such infantile reasoning and distortion of someone's views. Shame on You!!
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by all4praise: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2014
THE STRANGER

Years after I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mum taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger... he was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mum would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet. (I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honour them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home - not from us, our friends or any visitors. Our long time visitor, however, got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol but the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked... And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name

We just call him "TV." I really fear what his grand kids will be like.

Note:
He has a wife now... we call her "Computer."
Their first child is "Cell Phone."
Second child "I Pod."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by 4C2215131: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2014
Akpama47:
Who ever wrote this if ur a diper life member or administrator what ever u are I must say I'm disappointed because as a christian you don't have rouse abusive words like calling the other pastor a rif-raf and I want to tell you thay be it a television or devils box what ever you guys call it,you own one in ur house and as a child of God you have the say over the TV as it is called to neglect all other programs and watch nly Christian inspired programs that's why you can tune it to a station of ur choice or take total control by watching only Christian CD's because almost all deeper life churches house this so called devils box in their auditorium's so why keep the devils box when you realy knw what it is.

Please tell him! Calling Bakare a "Riff-raff". Folks just come up and say stuff here without thinking hard about their statements. When it's meant as a joke and for laughs, everyone can understand that but, in matters as grave as this, you open up your gullet and just spew hateful retorts and comments informed by bigotry and an allusion to superior reasoning while a careful examination of your argument crumbles like a pack of cards in the hands of an inexperienced dealer...such sciolism! its amazing how certain folks live with themselves....

P.S: I don't fellowship in Bakare's church or Kumuyis'. But I do know folks who deserve honour never minding their short-comings as no man is perfect, and both of the above mentioned men, in my opinion, fall into that cadre.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by OGAattheTOP: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

We all know Kumuyi's level and authority today, while Bakare is somewhere in Lagos fulfilling the mission of APC whilst propagating Bible sermons.

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

Dude, it takes a riif-raff to recognize one!Learn to make comment without resorting to abuse.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by AJOT99(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

TV is a devil's box (like it or not)! Only a pastoral riff-raff will make inference to a JOY soap

advert on the pulpit! The same advert that depicts unclothedness, unclad models, et cetera.

Listen man, I don't support any of the preachers in question but I need to tell u that u are absolutely wrong. You have no right to call a Man of God a riff raff. In fact, ur response to this point is someao cos I don't know if u are 'fighting' for God or Pastor Kumuyi. Many Church members today are swayed away by ignorance which is a resultant effect of d fact that they only chew what their Pastors give them. They don't search d Bible to know d truth and also their hearts are sealed to d interpretation of God's word by the Holy Spirit.
Pastor Bakare left Deeper Life and went to Baptist. My brother, it makes no difference, at least he didn't go back to his vomit. I hope u know that he was a Muslim before he got born again.
Now, it is obvious that both P.Kumuyi and P. Bakare now have a better understanding of God's word bt my brother be careful of ao you talk/address ministers of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by chinedumo(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

what is wrong in mentioning joy soap advert on pulpit?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Akpama47:
.who ever wrote this is very low in reasoning nd as a matured person of the standard u are trying to portray u have no right what so ever to call any body a fool ad I must admit with the way u are sounding you sound like a pagan and sombody that hates the christian ministry one hing about the nigerian constitution is that every body has a right to a religion so if my honorable pastor has divided to follow Jesus Christ that's his wish(wich I also advice you to follow)and that's what pays him his family and his ministrations,and I want you to knw that the pastor is more leaned than you are and by the grace of God over his works widely traavled than you are nd you don't even have a decent reason to put him in jail so why take panadol 4 another mans headache's just give your life to Christ.

You concluded your pathetic Jaggons by asking me to give my life to Christ. That is why I am blaming the monkey that stand on the pulpit to tell you television is a devil's box.

My opinion about Williams Folorunsho Kumuyi are my strong opinion and they a facts that should not be ignored.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by franugo(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

i saw this ur post, didn't beliv someone is this fuçkïng dumb so i checked ur other posts. my conclusion is that .....

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by franugo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
EvilSeeed:
Was born and spent my childhood in Deeperlife Bible Church (Gbagada Branch).

The one thing I can say for certain is that then, Televisions were not allowed to be owned by members. But my Mum being a renegade kept our small President Black and White Devils Box.. grin

When Pastor Kumuyi finally eased up on Televisions, members cried and even started praying for him as they believed he had backslided.

Till today, many Deeperlife homes still dont have televisions in em.

bros pls be honest, do u really think that tv is the devil's box
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by franugo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
all4praise:
THE STRANGER

Years after I was born, my Dad met a stranger who was new to our small town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around from then on.

As I grew up, I never questioned his place in my family. In my young mind, he had a special niche. My parents were complementary instructors: Mum taught me good from evil, and Dad taught me to obey. But the stranger... he was our storyteller. He would keep us spellbound for hours on end with adventures, mysteries and comedies.

If I wanted to know anything about politics, history or science, he always knew the answers about the past, understood the present and even seemed able to predict the future! He took my family to the first major league ball game. He made me laugh, and he made me cry. The stranger never stopped talking, but Dad didn't seem to mind.

Sometimes, Mum would get up quietly while the rest of us were shushing each other to listen to what he had to say, and she would go to the kitchen for peace and quiet. (I wonder now if she ever prayed for the stranger to leave.)

Dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions, but the stranger never felt obligated to honour them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our home - not from us, our friends or any visitors. Our long time visitor, however, got away with four-letter words that burned my ears and made my dad squirm and my mother blush. My Dad didn't permit the liberal use of alcohol but the stranger encouraged us to try it on a regular basis. He made cigarettes look cool, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (much too freely!) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing.

I now know that my early concepts about relationships were influenced strongly by the stranger. Time after time, he opposed the values of my parents, yet he was seldom rebuked... And NEVER asked to leave.

More than fifty years have passed since the stranger moved in with our family. He has blended right in and is not nearly as fascinating as he was at first. Still, if you could walk into my parents' den today, you would still find him sitting over in his corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures.

His name

We just call him "TV." I really fear what his grand kids will be like.

Note:
He has a wife now... we call her "Computer."
Their first child is "Cell Phone."
Second child "I Pod."

i don't blame u man, i blame kumuyi 4 his persistence 2 wallow in ancient things. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by nora544: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
The problem is that most of nigerian christian make what their pastor told them and that most of nigerian christian forgot that they have a brain because they l lost the brain in the church and that is why nigerians at this mess at the moment.

A TV is and was never a devil box but the pastor has fear that his followers will see the truth and that they will see that he preach a heresey gospel.

I just saw yesterday a documentation about the church in east germany 25 years ago when they start to protest against the goverment in the DDR it starts in a small church in leibzig and it was startet by a lutheran pastor and the people who start it know that they could go to prison, but at least they win and the goverment has to go.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by OGAattheTOP: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
opribo:
Pastor Bakare how is General Buhari and why is he not inviting you this time around. So he used and dumped you. He tested you by inviting you to be the VP and you quickly abandoned the pulpit to jump into politics. Oh men is sheep's clothings masquerading as pastors. Little things of this world help us to know the true men of God.

Olodo, that is the not the subject of discussion. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by OGAattheTOP: 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
ifeness:

YOU NEED HELP DUDE, GROW UP.
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by EvilSeeed: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
franugo:

bros pls be honest, do u really think that tv is the devil's box

There is no such thing as the Devil's box..

Except maybe Pandora's box.. But then Pandora is not the Devil either. grin
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by EventConnect(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

Bro, are u actually as holy as you sound?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by franugo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
EvilSeeed:

There is no such thing as the Devil's box..

Except maybe Pandora's box.. But then Pandora is not the Devil either. grin

wish someone would tell all deeper lifers, some don't watch the tv....what a boring life!! Bros o, what does pandora's box mean?
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by barcaboi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Acidosis:

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by adekojeku(m): 2:32am On Nov 06, 2014
pastor bakare is my man. lol
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by livebullet(m): 3:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Acidosis:

it started since the time of Martin Luther d rogue priest of germany. It will continue as nothing but discord reigns in d camp of rebels...same way kumuyi rebeled against a church same way bakare left...same way some one else wud leave bakare n preach a diff theology....Jus talkin frm my historical knowledge
Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 06, 2014
Oops, the person that brainwashed you used to much detergent! I guess televising Kumuyi's sermons today puts him on Devil's Book. LWKMD

Acidosis:

2 Likes

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Proffdada: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Acidosis:

and you know there are more pornsites online than TV, right? Jesus Christ said what defies a man is not TV but what he does with it tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by Vikkie14: 12:27am On Nov 07, 2014
Hmm... So many visionless 'so call christians'. Wel, av read most of the posts n counter posts. The question is: DO WE REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT KUMUYI IS SAYING? It would took a man of the Spirit to understand the things of the Spirit.
By the time Kumuyi was saying this, am sure that higher percentage of commentators here are yet unborn or stil a kid (i inclusive). We av to expatiate this on two front. First, he wasn't condemning the TV box BUT THE PROGRAMMES SHOWNED. Secondly, he condemned the box itself coz that is the channel/means thru' which the programs are been advertised. "Out of d abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh". Same thing goes with the box. I really agree with Kumuyi on this. He knows more than we do(scripture wise, political wise, and history wise coz he is a father to us, he is an old man going to 80 years)

Most of 'we' christians dont knw what christianity means, we think getting to heaven is bread n butter. I was baffled sometimes ago when i came across a sister saying 'My God is a God of grace', forgetting that He is also a jealous God and a consuming fire. No one want a 'hard' christian journey but we've forgotten that God is too holy to behold sin neither wil He allow a 99.9% christianity into His kingdom. I av so many things to say but i dont want to divert from the topic.

As per the issue, Kumuyi stil stand out among his peers. Let's extend honour unto whom its due. NEVER DEROGATE SOMEONE WHO IS TERM MAN-OF-GOD (whether the God-called or belly-called). God is the Judge of All. Never misapplied or misquote the Bible bcuz its the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Remain Rapturable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by free2ryhme: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Acidosis:

It is the programme not the medium that constitute d devils box. Your favourite televangelist is on TV even the men of God your worship today in Nigeria are all on tv so where is the devil in there

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! by openmine(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
a knife is used as a useful equipment in the kitchen and other important aspects,
it can also be a fatal weapon or as a means of destruction..
those that stop one from using a knife?

a car can be used as a luxury or a necessity as the case may be...
it can also be used a tool to kill...does that make one stop using a car?

Technology is one of the best thing that has ever graced the world and its
environs...but it has also been the world's worse nightmare...
has that stopped us from using anything related to technology?
absolutely not...

just like what Pastor bakare rightly said,there is actually nothing wrong
with a TV but the programmes shown that gives it a bad image...the same can
be said for a knife or a car or technology....
those critizing him didnt actually read the headline but ran to comment..
its a pity!!!! sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Meets Sacked Staff Of Chicken Republic He Offered Scholarship / Apostle Suleman & Wife Celebrate Excel, Their Daughter's 1st Birthday In Style / 'Get Back Your Husband' Church Banner Spotted In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.