Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:40 PM

The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram (1852 Views)

What Happens When FG Fails To "Completely Solve Boko Haram By Dec / Only Justice Can Solve Boko Haram Insurgency, Says Ex-sultan Dasuki / Only A Northern President Can Handle/ Solve Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Abagworo(m): 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ikengawo:

OPC and Bakassi boys were killing everyone too. Cultists in Rivers state have killed people from several other states.

But when a solution is sought after it will be Rivers that deals with them. How many complaints have you heard a man in Katsina dish about agberos in Lagos?

Everyone trying to pretend they care about the NE that isn't from the NE is lying and those people know the NE doesn't care about them.
Nigeria is a collection of nations into one state, not a single nation. a National hero like Awolowo, isn't a hero to Igbos. a National hero like Ojukwu isn't a hero to Fulani and so forth. Fulanis even believe the Saraduana who's primary contribution to Nigeria was post-poning independence is a 'founding father'. Maybe he founded them but he didn't do anything for anyone outside of his group.

Each region has victories and loses alone and we have to be honest about that if we want to move forward. What are northern leaders doing about the lack of multinational presence in the SE that SE leaders need to be running their gums about an excess of terrorists in the North? That's their own problem and doesn't concern anyone outside of that geographical area.

BH has killed Christians and ppl from other tribes, but killed all of them in the North. Those people went to another man's home and witnessed another man's issues. At the end of the day they're still another man's issues. How is boko haram effecting anyone's life outside of being something to read about on the politics section of Nairaland.com.

There's more Boko haram in Cameroon than Kogi state talkless of Cross Rivers. It's not a national issue because Nigeria isn't a nation it's a collection of nations. It's a regional issue and can only be met with a regional solution.

During the Biafra war, life was normal in all parts of Nigeria except the East and Delta. Because there was no internet, people didn't have the true picture of Biafra. What is happening in the Northeast is a war in which extremists are taking over Nigerian territory and killing Nigerians.
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Abagworo(m): 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
The truth is that there is involvement of Government in this crisis for it to have persisted this long. If Government was sincere, the problem would have long been solved.
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Ikengawo: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abagworo:

I have come to realize that you seem unaware of the real issues going on in Nigeria or you do not have friends from different parts of Nigeria. I have a female friend from Chibok Borno State and I knew her long ago when boko haram was unheard of. She is a Christian and most of her village are Christians. Then she told me of how beautiful and large Maiduguri city was and all that and how they lived peacefully in diversity. She is married now and has been forced to relocate to Abuja because of the war in Borno. The truth is that FG neglected them for so long thinking it was a childs play or deliberately doing it for political reasons.

The people fighting Boko haram with knives and dane guns are the people of Borno and Northeast(both Christians and Muslims). They do not want boko haram but are often overpowered and live under boko haram rule in order to survive.

And? Do you think people wanted to fight kidnappers in the SE? In my own village a woman turned in her own husband. She now has 4 children to take care of on her own and the husband was shot in the leg by police and arrested, probably with little to no medical treatment.

And i'm going to tell you another thing. This is Nigeria. If you come to my community I can tell you exactly who is doing nonsense and who isn't. I can tell you who the criminals and touts are and who isn't, especially in a rural setting. Nobody is an island in Nigeria. When boys were joining, preach and recruiting for boko haram, declaring war, training in camps, becoming more and more radical where was the community? Did Boko Haram reach this size over night? In secret or in the shadows? These BH members till this day have good friends that know they're in BH yet we never get any reports from locals. Why do we keep assuming we're doing the people of the north a favor fighting their battle for them? When their own friends, even community enemies, were joining a terrorist organization and bombing that very community you live in?

Go to your father's village and tell me what bomb you will set off that the locals won't gather you up and set you on fire in the middle of the street.

3 Likes

Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Ikengawo: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abagworo:

During the Biafra war, life was normal in all parts of Nigeria except the East and Delta. Because there was no internet, people didn't have the true picture of Biafra. What is happening in the Northeast is a war in which extremists are taking over Nigerian territory and killing Nigerians.

I can tell you right now the average yoruba man then and now are not crying about biafra. It's not their issue, they don't care and have no real reason to pretend to care because it might as well of happened in Congo. Life was normal elsewhere because that's how Nigeria is, it's not a nation it's a collection of nations. It's only, like you said, because of the Internet that people feel obligated to act like they care about a group of men from a useless village attacking that same useless village.

3 Likes

Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Qelvin:

the day BH starts an funny expansionist idea into the South is when Nigeria will cease to exist, and I'm sure even Shekau's despite his delusions and crack induced stupidity wouldn't contemplate such a move..no Northerner will remain alive in any part of the South and captured BH ragheads will be brutally executed with gruesome scenes been filmed for the world to see.
EASY BRO U R TAKINF THINGS TOO FAR. KILLING AN INNOCENT PERSON BECAUSE ANOTHER INNOCENT PERSON WAS KILLED ONLY INFLICTS MORE PAIN AND MAKES THE SAME WITH THE EXTREMISTS
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
Qelvin:

the day BH starts an funny expansionist idea into the South is when Nigeria will cease to exist, and I'm sure even Shekau's despite his delusions and crack induced stupidity wouldn't contemplate such a move..no Northerner will remain alive in any part of the South and captured BH ragheads will be brutally executed with gruesome scenes been filmed for the world to see.
EASY BRO U R TAKING THINGS TOO FAR. KILLING AN INNOCENT PERSON BECAUSE ANOTHER INNOCENT PERSON WAS KILLED, ONLY INFLICTS MORE PAIN AND MAKES YOU THE SAME WITH THE EXTREMISTS
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Raiders: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ikengawo:
SE solved Bakassi Boys
SW solved OPC
Why is every northern problem a national one?

Today Boko Haram wants to build a caliphate. Imagine if Igbos would have allowed Clifford Orji to create his own caliphate. Instead everyone stood against the evils committed by their people and solved their own problems. It's only in the north that the FEDERAL government will be blamed for and held responsible for every single problem. Illiteracy is a federal problem, children dropping out is a federal problem, violence is federal, even farming. The federal government is the one building farms in the north, not the locals. Which trade shop did the federal government build for Igbos, and what tailoring shop did it build your yorubas that every single business endeavor in the north is on the Fed's shoulder? Their religion is in the FEDERAL constitution, their pilgrimage discussed in FEDERAL Senate, When they command their children to go on the street and beg the FEDERAL government has to house, feed, school and shelter them. Upon all the children in the south that want to go to school and can't afford it in the north the FEDERAL government is paying kids that don't want to go to school to stay in school.

Remember every single southern family who pulled a child out of school, or sent their daughter to do house girl because they couldn't pay for the school they and their child desperately paid for and the amount of money we as a FEDERATION spend subsidizing Northerners to go to school, fail and drop out.

This isn't just and isn't right. Give me a single quote from a northerner offering a solution to kidnapping, or a quote from a single northerner trying to resolve ritualism in Oyo state that will justify they amount of southern energy, resources, time and intellect that has gone into fighting boko haram for them. When Ihejirika did his own they called him the enemy. Let him come to Abia and service his actual people who appreciate his talent. It's because the north wants to commit suicide that they rest of us need to start thinking of how to fit in a coffin?
Boko haram is not a northern problem but a Nigerian problem. The insurgency has affected the whole country because Nigeria is seen as an unsafe country by foreign investors and that has affected our economy badly. Also if this boko haram problem is not tackled now by all Nigerians. Its going to spread to all Nigeria because boko haram plan is to spread Islamic law to all Nigeria including the south. Although I think the northern leaders should do more but I think all Nigerians should be invovle in the fight.
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Raiders: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abagworo:

I have come to realize that you seem unaware of the real issues going on in Nigeria or you do not have friends from different parts of Nigeria. I have a female friend from Chibok Borno State and I knew her long ago when boko haram was unheard of. She is a Christian and most of her village are Christians. Then she told me of how beautiful and large Maiduguri city was and all that and how they lived peacefully in diversity. She is married now and has been forced to relocate to Abuja because of the war in Borno. The truth is that FG neglected them for so long thinking it was a childs play or deliberately doing it for political reasons.

The people fighting Boko haram with knives and dane guns are the people of Borno and Northeast(both Christians and Muslims). They do not want boko haram but are often overpowered and live under boko haram rule in order to survive.
you speak like a true Nigerian. I wish more people reason like you.
Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Ikengawo: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
If everyone solved their own problem we would have no problems. If the north addressed the north, and south address the south we would be helping each other. But if the south has to fix the south and the north suddenly you're a true nigerian for advocating for this structure and a fake nigerian for saying otherwise. This is foolishness and wickedness. Is there no poverty and insecurity in the south?

Bakassi, OPC, kidnapping, robbery, cultism, ritualism, we have dealt with on our own. Nobody came down from Sokoto to defend Igbo villages during Biafra. It's now today that I must pretend that Boko Haram effects me because that will make me a true nigerian.

Raiders:
Boko haram is not a northern problem but a Nigerian problem. The insurgency has affected the whole country because Nigeria is seen as an unsafe country by foreign investors and that has affected our economy badly. Also if this boko haram problem is not tackled now by all Nigerians. Its going to spread to all Nigeria because boko haram plan is to spread Islamic law to all Nigeria including the south. Although I think the northern leaders should do more but I think all Nigerians should be invovle in the fight.

If other nigerians will be involved it's from the superior level of kindness in their hearts. A level of kindness they have never witnessed from the north, but we're definetely not obligated. If northerners can't stop BH fine, let them spread east so that we can show them how to solve the problem. If they were calling Ihejirika wicked wait till they reach Onitsha market. Until them let people clean their own homes.

1 Like

Re: The North Needs To Solve Boko Haram by Ikengawo: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
TheIROKO:
EASY BRO U R TAKING THINGS TOO FAR. KILLING AN INNOCENT PERSON BECAUSE ANOTHER INNOCENT PERSON WAS KILLED, ONLY INFLICTS MORE PAIN AND MAKES YOU THE SAME WITH THE EXTREMISTS
this is the reality of Nigeria whether you can admit it or not. He's not making things up. That's exactly how it happens so the north should be advised to talk to their brothers. What would happen if Igbos ran to the north and started kidnapping people left and right? They will be true nigerians? How many Igbos were killed because of a dutch cartoon that Igbos now have to go and die for the north? Please stop spreading a malicious lie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Plane Crashes Near NYSC Camp In Yola / Photos: Gov. Fashola Inspects Upgraded Facilities At Nigeria Conservation. / The Crisis Of Yoruba’s Future Most Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.