Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters (71751 Views)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / The Many Lies Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And His Gang. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by hazyfm: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
OLADD:

You deserve only one sentence for a reply: There would never have been NAIRALAND if Buhari was still in power!

Guy stop living in the past, There is no Military Government that will grant you freedom to speak ill about the government. Even in Obasanjo and Abdulsalam's military regime. Was it not the same Obasanjo that ruled you for another 8 years and wanted 4 more?
Think bro...
The president is not stronger than The National Assembly.. Forget the military junta era
Let's move forward, What we need now is someone to eradicate corruption in Nigeria
So we and our children can have a good future

As it is now, I pity the coming generation
The rich are getting richer, while the poor are getting poorer
Don't let's be selfish here, I am not poor, and i know you are not neither, but there are more poor people than the rich in Nigeria
The poor have no hope... I don't see any hope for the poor if corruption continues

I see people desperate to go beyond SSCE, but can't because of fund
I see my colleagues who graduated with me and are now corporate beggers
It pains me because i can only help few because i have my own responsibilities

I CRY FOR NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
berem:
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of a defeat.Come 2015,APC is taken over aso rock!
Provide valid points or shut up. It's time to tell the truth, ur master is goofing lend a helping hand WITH FACTS.

16 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Stop justifying imperialism my friend. LASU fee hike was gross oppression and nothing less. Lagos State has all it takes to provide qualitative free education across board if its revenue is judiciously applied. Moreover, why did Tinubu and Fashola promise free education during their campaigns when they knew it was impracticable? That's why I told you earlier that APC's promise of CHANGE is a ruse. They are fond of empty and deceitful promise.
oh , oppresion you call it .... get this clear , majority of Nigerians will never be ok with any policy that will see to the country's development. They have so much adjusted themseleves with the underdevelpment even as smething in them craves for development. it is just like being woken up from a sweet sleep to work , something in you wants to sleep but yet you know you need to work and you may get angry with that person that woke you up.when people's shops and houses are demolished , they call it same oppression am not surprised. oh , when did you become the state accountant general that knows the government can run it , you should contest against ambode maybe..... do you think there will be improvement in our nigerian universities or you think ASUU will not still go on strike , you must be on a long thing . have you bothered to ask yourself why people opt for private universities now .... majority of our leaders attended government secondary schools such as kings college and present unity schools , will you send your child to a government secondary school ? .you may never admit there is change in lagos , but your dear GEJ admitted.I said it earlier it is better to be decieved into development than decieved into fourth world state.

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by jhydosky(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Oga Park well jare.

Are you guys not tired of this propaganda??

So, GEJ ALLOWED Nairaland abi?

I get the sense that you are afraid of change and what tomorrow holds. I have been in your shoes before and...
You deserve one sentence for an advice: "If you are tired of a situation, do something to change it; you are not a TREE!!

OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

You deserve only one sentence for a reply: There would never have been NAIRALAND if Buhari was still in power!

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by OLADD: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
hazyfm:

Guy stop living in the past, There is no Military Government that will grant you freedom to speak ill about the government. Even in Obasanjo and Abdulsalam's military regime. Was it not the same Obasanjo that ruled you for another 8 years and wanted 4 more?
Think bro...
The president is not stronger than The National Assembly.. Forget the military junta era
Let's move forward, What we need now is someone to eradicate corruption in Nigeria
So we and our children can have a good future

As it is now, I pity the coming generation
The rich are getting richer, while the poor are getting poorer
Don't let's be selfish here, I am not poor, and i know you are not neither, but there are more poor people than the rich in Nigeria
The poor have no hope... I don't see any hope for the poor if corruption continues

I see people desperate to go beyond SSCE, but can't because of fund
I see my colleagues who graduated with me and are now corporate beggers
It pains me because i can only help few because i have my own responsibilities

I CRY FOR NIGERIA
[color=#006600][/color]

Be realistic my friend. Thus

5 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Amanwulu1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
Firefire:

grin
d guy is trying but it's not easyyy to sell a bad market.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by fydence: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
Xxpress:

But we are not talking about revolution here but democracy.
Nevertheless its an issue of governance and citizen welfare besyds the revolution came under the guise of a promise of democracy..

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by hazyfm: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Be realistic my friend. Thus

I AM BRO. WHOEVER WINS THE ELECTION IN 2015 OUGHT NOT TO BE MY BUSINESS.
I WILL PROSPER EITHER WAY,
I CRY FOR THE POOR
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
beer parlour rumours.
Where is your source?
Objektive:
THIS IS SERIOUS

With the regime equally inept economically, we couldn’t even rely on Britain or any country in the West to help. In fact, when the Buhari government asked for our debt to be rescheduled, British Prime Minister at the time, Margaret Thatcher threatened to release the names of prominent Nigerians, civilians and military, whose account balances were enough to pay off all our national debt. That shut up the Buhari government, because they knew that a release of such names would have exposed the sham that was anti-corruption fight on the side of the regime as many elements of the regime and their supporters had these accounts

SAI BUHARI?

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Descartes: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
GenBuhari:
beer parlour rumours.
Where is your source?

Dead on Arrival!!! cheesy grin cheesy

Next!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Nigeria/Economy/External-debt#1985

According to this sight on the only full year that Buhari was in charge of the economy by himself (1984)
He reduced our external debt from $11.2Bn to $10.6Bn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
[size=18pt] 5th February 1985 -  Toledo Blade, Ohio. Newspaper
Buhari rejects IMF terms for loan[/size]

The Nigerian leader, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, says his country will match Britain's oil prices even if it means undermining the pricing structure of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Financial Times reported yesterday.

The London business daily reported that General Buhari, in an interview in Lagos, also reaffirmed Nigeria's rejection of the International Monetary Fund's terms for a $2.4 billion loan.
General Buhari was quoted as saying the benefits if membership in the cartel outweighed the disadvantages, but that the 13-nation organization had to be realistic and allow flexibility for member countries in financial dificulties, such as Nigeria.

If Britain's North Sea oil prices dropped, Nigeria, which gets 95% of its foreign earnings from oil, would follow suit, he was quoted as saying, adding: "We will have to do that to survive."
General Buhari rejected monetary fund demands that Nigeria devalue its currency, the naira, by 50 to 60 per cent and that the west African country reduce domestic fuel subsidies, the Financial Times said.
The military leader, who came to power in a Dec. 31, 1983, coup, reportedly said higher prices for food and other items would result from devaluation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by TippyTop(m): 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Firefire:

Is Dalotee from Kano ?

I was just trying to be funny.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
MANY LIES OF THE CLUE-LESS ONE!!!

IF THIS WAS YOUR FATHER'S VILLAGE WILL YOU VOTE FOR join-a-TAN

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Yes it was Buhari that should be given credit , cetainly nobody in their right mind can credit evil looting genius IBB for reducing inflation. IBB who devalued Naira 2000% (Yes, two thousand percent) it is not possible to devalue your currency without increasing inflation.

You have to realise there is a certain amount of time - lag before results of economic policy show up on the stats
Candyrain:
Not yet, your submission was not vindicated as regards the inflation.

Dec 31st 1983 inflation rate was 22.222%

Dec 31st 1984 inflation rate was 40.909% (Buhari's full year as Head of State)

Dec 31st 1985 inflation rate was 3.229%

Inflation rate figure is released on a monthly basis and Buhari was removed from office in August 27th 1985.

Was it Buhari's who brought down the inflation rate to 3.229%?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Mogidi: 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
@ Nuti
Stop posting propaganda pictures.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by PastorKun(m): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:
I have watched with great sadness how Gen. Buhari supporters propagate outright lies (not propaganda) to deceive the Nigerian masses. For the sake of heaven, if you have to campaign, do so based on fact not lies. I have always said and keep saying that GMB had nothing good to offer as head of state neither will he have anything to offer as democratic elected president (Wonder his sudden love for democracy when he used Military coup to dethrone a democratically elected government). This piece is to put the record straight on many lies of Barcanista, the Nairaland APC and GMB spokesperson. Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1882714/buhari-1983-1985-vs-jonathan-2010-present
I will only take two (Economy and petroleum infrastructure) for now

Economy

There can never be any more lie than this and it’s shameful that Nigerian youths have swallowed this greatest lie of this century hook, line and sinker. Before I present my facts, the first question we must ask is this, was the Nigeria total loan and debt during the Shagari regime a mare $50 million? The answer is no, the Nigeria debt profile by the time Shagari left office was $14 billion according to CBN aanual report 1988 as reported here http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl/article/viewFile/670/647

By the time Buhari left office in 1985, the debt has risen to $19 billion as reported by the Nigeria debt management office http://www.dmo.gov.ng/ardrnigeriaexternalanddomesticdebt.php Here is what the DMO had to say “By 1985 the debt profile had deteriorated seriously due to persistent inability of the country to meet its external debt service obligations. This resulted in mounting arrears and unmanageable growth of the debt stock relative to available resources. The external debt stock, which was about US$8.855 billion in 1980, grew to nearly US$19 billion by 1985”
The question we must ask therefore, which loan did GMB paid for that made Nigeria debt free? If Nigeria wasn't debt free under Buhari, why the lie?

While this is true, it must be said that in the year 1984 when he had a full 1 year, inflation went from 22.2% to 40.9%

Lets take some perspective from here, Nigeria’s GDP per capita in 1980 was $849.87, by 1983 it was $428.13 however, by the time GMB left office, it was $330.98. But since we are doing Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity, by 1980 it was 785.60, by 1985 it was 764.36 (1983 = 719.77, 1984 = 693.36 and 1985 = 764.36)

I don’t know how this is being hyped up as his achievement, however, the refusal to devalue the Naira was started by Shagari Government. If this is achievement, the Government of GEJ also halted the devaluation of Naira

@OP
I must commend you on this very detailed rebuttal of all the lies buhari's propaganda team have been feeding us on his supposed achievements in the past. However you would be doing this country a great disservice if you limit this rebuttal to nairaland alone. I would like to passionately appeal to you to compile this your rebuttal into a single article and edit it for publication in all our national dailies so that all Nigerians can benefit from it.

The younger generation are being sold a very dangerous lie and being presented with buhari as some sort of messaiah and these lies must be stopped. Those of us that know better know that buhari would at best send this country back thirty years if not back to the stone ages.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by kreamstaff: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
GenBuhari:
[size=18pt] 5th February 1985 -  Toledo Blade, Ohio. Newspaper
Buhari rejects IMF terms for loan[/size]

The Nigerian leader, Gen. Muhammad Buhari, says his country will match Britain's oil prices even if it means undermining the pricing structure of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the Financial Times reported yesterday.

The London business daily reported that General Buhari, in an interview in Lagos, also reaffirmed Nigeria's rejection of the International Monetary Fund's terms for a $2.4 billion loan.
General Buhari was quoted as saying the benefits if membership in the cartel outweighed the disadvantages, but that the 13-nation organization had to be realistic and allow flexibility for member countries in financial dificulties, such as Nigeria.

If Britain's North Sea oil prices dropped, Nigeria, which gets 95% of its foreign earnings from oil, would follow suit, he was quoted as saying, adding: "We will have to do that to survive."
General Buhari rejected monetary fund demands that Nigeria devalue its currency, the naira, by 50 to 60 per cent and that the west African country reduce domestic fuel subsidies, the Financial Times said.
The military leader, who came to power in a Dec. 31, 1983, coup, reportedly said higher prices for food and other items would result from devaluation.

Pls is there an online source for this? Such facts have been played down or refuted by PDP defenders I just want to be sure its true as it would say the truth about the kind of leader Buhari really was
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
The source is google news.
kreamstaff:

Pls is there an online source for this? Such facts have been played down or refuted by PDP defenders I just want to be sure its true as it would say the truth about the kind of leader Buhari really was
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by kreamstaff: 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
GenBuhari:
The source is google news.

Can u pls copy the link and paste here so as to direct us. Thanks
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by DaBullIT(m): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/

National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, has said members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, are fighting for justice.

According to him, many Nigerians feel aggrieved and seek various means of airing their grievances.

Tukur, who spoke in Abuja on Tuesday when he received members of the party from Gombe State, said there must be justice in the country for peace to reign.

[size=20pt]ITS THEM DEM[/size]
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by DaBullIT(m): 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Muhammadu Buhari
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Muhammadu Buhari
7th Head of State of Nigeria
In office
December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985
Preceded by Shehu Shagari
Succeeded by Ibrahim Babangida
Chairman Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
In office
June 1978 – July 1978
Preceded by Shehu Shagari
Succeeded by Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida
Federal Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources
In office
March 1976 – June 1978
Preceded by Unknown
Succeeded by (Merged with NNOC to form NNPC)[1]
Governor of North-Eastern State of Nigeria
In office
August 1975 – March 1976
Preceded by Musa Usman
Succeeded by None as State Became Defunct
Personal details
Born December 17, 1942 (age 71)
Katsina state, Nigeria
Nationality Nigerian
Political party All Progressives Congress (APC)
Religion Islam
Military service
Service/branch Nigerian Army
Years of service 1962 - 1985
Rank Major General
Muhammadu Buhari (born December 17, 1942) is a retired Major General in the Nigerian Army and a former military ruler of Nigeria from December 31, 1983 to August 27, 1985.[2][3] The term Buharism is ascribed to the Buhari military government.[4][5] He also ran unsuccessfully for the office of the President of Nigeria in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections. His ethnic background is Fulani, and his faith is Islam; he is a native of Daura in Katsina State of Nigeria.

Contents [hide]
1 Minister of Petroleum
2 Buhari military government
2.1 Cabinet Ministers
3 1985 coup and detention
4 Later years
5 See also
6 References
7 External links
Minister of Petroleum[edit]
Having joined the army in 1962, Buhari first came to widespread public attention in 1976 when he became the Minister (or "Federal Commissioner"wink for Petroleum and Natural Resources under then-Head of State General Olusegun Obasanjo. Before then he served as Governor of the newly created North-Eastern State during the regime of Murtala Mohammed. He later became head of the newly created Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation[6] in 1977.[7]

Buhari military government[edit]
Major-General Buhari was selected to lead the country by middle and high-ranking military officers after a successful military coup d'etat that overthrew civilian President Shehu Shagari on December 31, 1983. At the time, Buhari was head of the Third Armored Division of Jos.[8] Buhari was appointed Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and Tunde Idiagbon was appointed Chief of General Staff (the de facto No. 2 in the administration). Buhari justified the military's seizure of power by castigating the civilian government as hopelessly corrupt, and his administration subsequently initiated a public campaign against indiscipline known as "War Against Indiscipline" (WAI). Aspects of this campaign included public humiliation of civil servants who arrived late for work whilst guards were armed with whips to ensure orderly queues at bus stops.[9]

He also moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.[10] He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers[10] and founded Nigeria's first secret police force, the National Security Organization.[11] His government sentenced popular musician and political critic Fela Kuti to ten years in prison on charges that Amnesty International denounced as fabricated and politically motivated;[12] Kuti was later pardoned and released by Buhari's successor.[13] In another high-profile incident that sparked a diplomatic incident with Britain, British officials found Umaru Dikko, Shehu Shagari's former transportation minister drugged in a crate marked for shipment to Lagos.[14]

According to the BBC, "Buhari's attempts to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses."[15] These losses were accompanied by a rise in prices and a decline in living standards.[15] Some may hold contrary view to this assertion and call it mischievous though,[16] because Buhari is admired by many for his uprightness and stand against corruption. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira.[17] His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the nation's currency, the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.[2]

The economic principles and political ideology of the Buhari military government is called Buharism by some political and economic writers and speakers.[4][5]

Cabinet Ministers[edit]
Agriculture Bukar Shuaib 1984–1985
Trade Mahmud Tukur 1984–1985
Communications A Abdullahi, Lt Col 1984–1985
Education Yarima Ibrahim 1984–1985
Health Emmanuel Nsan 1984–1985
Internal Affairs Mohammed Magoro 1984–1985
Works Patrick Koshoni 1984–1985
1985 coup and detention[edit]
In the face of the austerity measures, worsening economic conditions, and continued widespread corruption (this is questionable as corruption was said to have been at its lowest ebb in the Buhari/Idiagbon regime), Buhari was himself overthrown in a coup led by General Ibrahim Babangida and other members of the ruling Supreme Military Council (SMC) on August 27, 1985.[18] Babangida brought many of Buhari's most vocal critics into his administration, including Fela Kuti's brother Olukoye Ransome-Kuti, a doctor who had led a strike against Buhari to protest declining health care services.[13] Buhari was then detained in Benin City until 1988.[13]

Buhari's admirers believe that he was overthrown by corrupt elements in his government who were afraid of being brought to justice as his policies were beginning to yield tangible dividends in terms of public discipline, curbing corruption, lowering inflation, enhancing workforce and improving productivity.[19]

Later years[edit]
Buhari served as the Chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), a body created by the government of General Abacha, and funded from the revenue generated by the increase in price of petroleum products, to pursue developmental projects around the country. A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".[20] However, the same report also noted that critics had questioned the PTF's allocation of 20% of its resources to the military, which the critics feared would not be accountable for the revenue.[20]

In 2003, Buhari contested the presidential election[21] as the candidate of the All Nigeria People's Party (ANPP). He was defeated by the People's Democratic Party nominee, President Olusẹgun Ọbasanjọ, by a margin of more than eleven million votes. It was claimed by Buhari's supporters and other members of the opposition that in some states, like Ebonyi, there were more votes than there were registered voters.[22][23] Although some allegations of fraud were proven in the courts and the conduct of the election was criticized by the Commonwealth Observer Group,[24] the consensus among Nigerians was that he should not waste his time in court as he did not have the necessary resources to "buy" himself justice.[citation needed] Eventually, the same court also decided that the level of proven electoral fraud was not sufficient to affect the outcome of the election and to warrant the cancellation of the whole Presidential election.[citation needed]

On 18 December 2006, Gen. Buhari was nominated as the consensus candidate of the All Nigeria People's Party. His main challenger in the April 2007 polls was the ruling PDP candidate, Umaru Yar'Adua, who hailed from the same home state of Katsina. In the election, Buhari officially took 18% of the vote against 70% for Yar'Adua, but Buhari rejected these results.[25] After Yar'Adua took office, the ANPP agreed to join his government, but Buhari denounced this agreement.[26]

In March 2010, Buhari left the ANPP for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), a party that he had helped to found. He said that he had supported foundation of the CPC "as a solution to the debilitating, ethical and ideological conflicts in my former party the ANPP".[27]

Buhari was the CPC Presidential candidate in the 16 April 2011 general election, running against incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), and Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP. They were the major contenders among 20 contestants.[28] He was running on an anti-corruption platform and pledged to remove immunity protections from government officials.[14] He also gave support to enforcement of Sharia law in Nigeria's northern states, which had previously caused him political difficulties among Christian voters in the country's south.[9] However, he remains a "folk hero" to some for his vocal opposition to corruption.[14] Buhari won 12,214,853 votes, coming second to the incumbent president Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP, who polled 22,495,187 votes and was declared the winner.[29]

In May 2014, in the wake of the 2014 Chibok kidnapping, Buhari strongly denounced the Boko Haram insurgency. He "urged Nigerians to put aside politics and all other divisions to crush the insurgency he said is fanned by mindless bigots masquerading as Muslims."[30]

Major-General Buhari was selected to lead the country by middle and high-ranking military officers after a successful military coup d'etat that overthrew civilian President Shehu Shagari on December 31, 1983. At the time, Buhari was head of the Third Armored Division of Jos.[8] Buhari was appointed Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, and Tunde Idiagbon was appointed Chief of General Staff (the de facto No. 2 in the administration). Buhari justified the military's seizure of power by castigating the civilian government as hopelessly corrupt, and his administration subsequently initiated a public campaign against indiscipline known as "War Against Indiscipline" (WAI). Aspects of this campaign included public humiliation of civil servants who arrived late for work whilst guards were armed with whips to ensure orderly queues at bus stops.[9]

He also moved to silence critics of his administration, passing decrees curbing press freedoms and allowing for opponents to be detained up to three months without formal charges.[10] He also banned strikes and lockouts by workers[10] and founded Nigeria's first secret police force, the National Security Organization.[11] His government sentenced popular musician and political critic Fela Kuti to ten years in prison on charges that Amnesty International denounced as fabricated and politically motivated;[12] Kuti was later pardoned and released by Buhari's successor.[13] In another high-profile incident that sparked a diplomatic incident with Britain, British officials found Umaru Dikko, Shehu Shagari's former transportation minister drugged in a crate marked for shipment to Lagos.[14]

According to the BBC, "Buhari's attempts to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses."[15] These losses were accompanied by a rise in prices and a decline in living standards.[15] Some may hold contrary view to this assertion and call it mischievous though,[16]

[size=20pt]because Buhari is admired by many for his uprightness and stand against corruption. His government is revered for its ability to keep the country afloat by making progress through sheer economic ingenuity even when it rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF conditionalities to devalue the Naira.[17] His government is praised for its gain in reducing inflation by refusing to devalue the nation's currency, the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using counter trade policy to barter seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful goods like machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC quota.[2]

The economic principles and political ideology of the Buhari military government is called Buharism by some political and economic writers and speakers.[4][5][/size]
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by derecho(m): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
Na wa o...just look at the Stats in pix
Pix 1 shows views for over 60days
Pix 2 in Less than 24 hours

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
if the man was good why did ibb overthrow him withing a short period
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Mogidi: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
derecho:
Na wa o...just look at the Stats in pix
Pix 1 shows views for over 60days
Pix 2 in Less than 24 hours

You be CID? grin

4932 viewed the lie lie thread
21375 viewed the rebuttal (victory is sweet).

6 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
OP, don't push ur luck 2 far! I understand u'r under a 'trans', come tomorrow you wouldn't be able to defend yourself or understand the 'power' behind ur write up today...typical PDP e-rats, always trying to pull down others achievements.
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari

www.nairaland.com/1984389/what-datolee-didnt-tell-us
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mogidi:
@ Nuti
Stop posting propaganda pictures.

IS THIS ALSO IN CONGO?
OR IS IT join-a-TAN THAT IS NOT A SERIAL LIARRRR

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Descartes: 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
OP, don't push ur luck 2 far! I understand u'r under a 'trans', come tomorrow you wouldn't be able to defend yourself or understand the 'power' behind ur write up today...typical PDP e-rats, always trying to pull down others achievements.

Are you the one saying this? undecided

Or are you trying to feign ignorance? undecided

Refute what the Op has stated or remain silent tongue

Facts are always sacred wink

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Firefire(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Doing Push Ups With Soldiers(photo) / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers / Timetable And Schedule Of Activities For General Elections 2015 - Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.