Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21895 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
TDN:
you are right, most times it feels like a lost cause but i'm not sure it's something anyone should laugh about. lost cause or not i will always stand by my feminist views, so you can continue mocking women who only want a better life for themselves. someone every human has the right t pursue, man or woman.

Omotola has stated what works for her marriage and is also entitled to her opinion on the status quo of men and women. some can choose to emulate, some can choose not to. we all have things to learn from people who have a successful marriage. take from it what you will but what you cannot do is force or mock others who decide to pass.

My dear, quit backing the wrong horse. It's a lost cause. This Is Africa (Nigeria). The White man or his methodologies can't dictate how we live our lives. I am aware of the animalistic behaviours of some African men, but feminism is not the way forward.

Al these feminist on NL are bitter and ready to pul down any successful female celebrity who doesn't side their lost cause, just like the lady I engaged with. she felt good pulling down Omo T cz she never sided with her. You can imagine one of them saying Omo T should be denied her right to vote.

All these charades would only end on NL, bcz it has provided a platform for them. It can't see the light of the day.

Pls do me a favour. Google Folorunsho Alakija, Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika. They are al successful women in their endeavours. Are they feminist?

Lastly, it's only a foo.lish man that would see a good thing and wouldn't want to emulate it. I am not forcing my opinion down anyone's throat. am only stating the obvious.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:
BOTH EQUITY AND EQUALITY MEAN FAIRNESS AND BALANCE!!!

A simple illustration will do.

Thats equality being displayed, but is it balanced? YES;
but is it fair? NO

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
iebanehita:

A simple illustration will do.

Thats equality being displayed, but is it balanced? YES;
but is it fair? NO
so why does every thesaurus you open have balance as a synonym of equality, if its not similar undecided

I dont understand why you are treating similar things as though they are completely different.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
iebanehita:

My dear, quit backing the wrong horse. It's a lost cause. This Is Africa (Nigeria). The White man or his methodologies can't dictate how we live our lives. I am aware of the animalistic behaviours of some African men, but feminism is not the way forward.
your system of law was influenced by whose methodology?

Your governmental system was influenced by whose methodology?

Africa has been Westernized a long time ago and trust me your day to day life is probably 95% influenced by West and instead of looking at it as if its demeaning rather look at it as developing and adopting to the society we are living in.
Only an under-achiever would see change as a negative thing, so please stop with that mentality.

West people have adopted positive african cultural values and they have embraced them into their day to day lives but you dont see them calling it a bad thing now do you?

Al these feminist on NL are bitter and ready to pul down any successful female celebrity who doesn't side their lost cause, just like the lady I engaged with. she felt good pulling down Omo T cz she never sided with her. You can imagine one of them saying Omo T should be denied her right to vote.

we never pulled down her side we just wanted to understand why as someone who does not believe in gender equality would spend more time pursuing her career than she does taking care of her family at home and why she would be wearing skimpy clothes and kissing different men in different movies just to make money?

so i guess if i do the same thing, but still claim that i dont believe in gender equality then it means im still a "good woman" not a frustrated "feminist" like you put it?

Another question would you even let you wife do half of the things Omotola's husband allows her to do, as a man who strongly opposes feminism?

All these charades would only end on NL, bcz it has provided a platform for them. It can't see the light of the day.
if it wasnt for the feminism movement women would still be restricted to the kind of education they can attain and the kind of jobs they can have.

If feminism could never see the light of day. The world would not where it is right now?
So remember that everytime you see a woman in a high office or doing any construction work!

Pls do me a favour. Google Folorunsho Alakija, Tara Durotoye, Ibukun Awosika. They are al successful women in their endeavours. Are they feminist?
and all the successful feminists how did they make it? The likes of Oprah Winfrey, one of the most successful women in the world? undecided Africa's own Chimamanda Ngozi? Genevieve Nnaji? Your exapmle is rather lousy.

Lastly, it's only a foo.lish man that would see a good thing and wouldn't want to emulate it. I am not forcing my opinion down anyone's throat. am only stating the obvious.

Cheers.
it is only a foo.lish man who does not see that if he works with his wife hand in hand as a partner he is more likely to succeed than when he treats her as his subordinant

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:

it is only a foo.lish man who does not see that if he works with his wife hand in hand as a partner he is more likely to succeed than when he treats her as his subordinate
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Carefreewannabe you still don't get it, you are mentally unsound.
Why should I care if you repeat it, shout it, or type it on every thread on Nairaland? gringrin

Are you not the one who claims she belongs to the school of post-feminism?

Post-feminism is the movement that signals a world “in which feminism has been transcended, occluded, overcome” (Hawkensworth).

You are also the same person who quoted an article authored by a novelist/writer of fiction to back up an argument about the brain's white matter.
The same white matter you didn't know it's function but kept asking me about very well after it had been explained more than 3pages before.

Lady you don't know who you are or what you stand for, your propensity to confuse yourself on almost every argument you engage in is enough proof of your bipolarity further made worse by your constant self-loathing and identity crisis.
You are a feminist and you don't know about the different movements and waves of feminism so you can fit yourself into one - can't you see you have issues?

Seek help, psychological and therapeutic help.
Sometimes, I shake my head for the mörons that claim 'feminist.' Except from Chimamanda, how many feminists have you heard in the history of Nigeria? They keep repeating 'right to vote' as if women have ever being prevented from voting in the history of Africa.
I still think Africa gives women the highest regard when it comes to equity. We hold women in high esteem as life giver. I think feminism stemmed from misinterpretation of St. Paul on monogamy. It is easier for a VP claim equality with president than that with many VPs. Feminism began when polygamy was forcefully banned.
I wish to extend my gratitude to the govt of Kenya 4 standing their ground by legalizing polygamy, thereby putting women in their right place as subordinates, though I realy wish their divorce laws weren't changed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:

Africa has been Westernized a long time ago and trust me your day to day life is probably 95% influenced by West and instead of looking at it as if its demeaning rather look at it as developing and adopting to the society we are living in.
Only an under-achiever would see change as a negative thing, so please stop with that mentality.

West people have adopted positive african cultural values and they have embraced them into their day to day lives but you dont see them calling it a bad thing now do you?

we never pulled down her side we just wanted to understand why as someone who does not believe in gender equality would spend more time pursuing her career than she does taking care of her family at home and why she would be wearing skimpy clothes and kissing different men in different movies just to make money?

so i guess if i do the same thing, but still claim that i dont believe in gender equality then it means im still a "good woman" not a frustrated "feminist" like you put it?

Another question would you even let you wife do half of the things Omotola's husband allows her to do, as a man who strongly opposes feminism?

if it wasnt for the feminism movement women would still be restricted to the kind of education they can attain and the kind of jobs they can have.

If feminism could never see the light of day. The world would not where it is right now?
So remember that everytime you see a woman in a high office or doing any construction work!

and all the successful feminists how did they make it? The likes of Oprah Winfrey, one of the most successful women in the world? undecided Africa's own Chimamanda Ngozi? Genevieve Nnaji? Your exapmle is rather lousy.

it is only a foo.lish man who does not see that if he works with his wife hand in hand as a partner he is more likely to succeed than when he treats her as his subordinant
Don't you think a man beating hell out of his wife shouldn't be a problem in a world of equality? cheesy
Joking apart, it is still possible to work with your subordinate hand in hand. But it is of great importance that a well treated slave should know his limits. sad
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Feminism opposes d view of marriage simple, dat why most of dem ar singles or lesbians. They shud ask their selves dis question why do most people support human rights but don't support or av no say abt feminism. It because we all know what u want.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cwen: 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
The truth is Omotola Jalade is an illiterate for saying she doesn't believe in gender equality, She really doesn't know d meaning of gender equality. It means women can aspire to be whatever they want to be same way men can. what has gender equality got to do qith her husband saying sorry or not. pppsssccchhhheeeewwww. I hate when celebrities misinterpret things and then feel dey can say whatever to get more fans. RUBISHHHHHHH!!!!!! Next tym she should use a better headline or simply say i want to advertise myself

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
tmosco:
Feminism opposes d view of marriage simple, dat why most of dem ar singles or lesbians. They shud ask their selves dis question why do most people support human rights but don't support or av no say abt feminism. It because we all know what u want.
please explain how promoting gender equality opposes marriage exactly? This goes on to show that you dont know what feminist views are and aren't undecided if everyone supports human rights, why will u have a problem with a group of women who promote the same human rights including the right to equality for all?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
cwen:
The truth is Omotola Jalade is an illiterate for saying she doesn't believe in gender equality, She really doesn't know d meaning of gender equality. It means women can aspire to be whatever they want to be same way men can. what has gender equality got to do qith her husband saying sorry or not. pppsssccchhhheeeewwww. I hate when celebrities misinterpret things and then feel dey can say whatever to get more fans. RUBISHHHHHHH!!!!!! Next tym she should use a better headline or simply say i want to advertise myself
grin bless you
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Carefreewannabe you still don't get it, you are mentally unsound.
Why should I care if you repeat it, shout it, or type it on every thread on Nairaland? gringrin

Are you not the one who claims she belongs to the school of post-feminism?

Post-feminism is the movement that signals a world “in which feminism has been transcended, occluded, overcome” (Hawkensworth).

You are also the same person who quoted an article authored by a novelist/writer of fiction to back up an argument about the brain's white matter.
The same white matter you didn't know it's function but kept asking me about very well after it had been explained more than 3pages before.

Lady you don't know who you are or what you stand for, your propensity to confuse yourself on almost every argument you engage in is enough proof of your bipolarity further made worse by your constant self-loathing and identity crisis.
You are a feminist and you don't know about the different movements and waves of feminism so you can fit yourself into one - can't you see you have issues?

Seek help, psychological and therapeutic help.

We will talk again when you learn to control your emotions some more.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:

Oh yes!. . We have been living the western life from birth to maturity. Am aware of that.
Tell me, why d the Nigerian culture saw everything wrong in same sex marriage? Even Chimamanda Adichie backed the westerners. The Western influence has so much rubbed off on her that she forgot her cultural beliefs.
Everything about the west and their policies is so so good that we have must adopt and implement abi?
Why didn't the west adopt our juju making prowess and the fear of magu/thunderbolt, so that none of one of their wife's would dare cheat on them? Why do they resort to divorce on per second billing?

Spare me the excuse. I knew what I read! One of your confused feminist mentioned how she has been frolicking with men, jumping from one hotel to the other, having several escapades.
One would wonder if she was the paparazzi capturing all the gists and glamours grin

Let me say this: All men are not the same. Before Matthew married her, he knew what Omo T was well into and her career prospects. They must have discussed at length on how she would balance work and family life. Women are naturally good good at multitasking and Matthew knew what he he was getting into from the onset. Despite the odds, in the long run, she, with the hubby's support was able to pull it through.

Mind you, Omo T was a case study I used. I would be pleased marrying the likes of Tara Durotoye, Matthew would be pleased marrying the likes of Omo T. Whatever rocks our boat, we would gladly sail on it*winks*
Different strokes for different folks.

I can see you are yet to understand that there is is a thin line between Equity and Equality.
Every woman can be a professor, can reach the pinnacle of her career if she so desires.

Ask yourself what's the ratio of men to women in the house of assembly? Do we have female governors or deputy? (exception of Lagos).
Feminism can't achieve the equality aspect of it(in some areas). That part of it can't fully see the light of the day!

They have been granted equal access to education so they make valuable inputs n suggestions wherever they are.

Of course, you have have been blinded by feminism na. When a non feminist becomes successful, you begin to ponder but when the feminist becomes successful, y'all go >>>>>>>hurray! It's showtime.

Pls, my last comment was in reference to the lady that quoted me at first (TDN) she made mentioned that Omo T decided decided to share what made her marriage works despite the odds and it's left for anyone to emulate it or not. That was why I made reference to it.

Go read what bee.van said. I am in support of every woman's idea being welcomed and her inputs being considered in decision making, irrespective of the setting but trying to usurp the authority of a man as the head shows you are confused.

Stop quoting me out of context.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
carefreewannabe:

We will talk again when you learn to control your emotions some more.
Boohoo, you should be able to take back that which you give and not whine like a little girl.

When you were bringing my unborn daughters and granddaughters into your caustic diatribe and getting cheered on for it, you didn't realize you urgently needed lessons in emotional management huh?

Please spare me the sermon you phoney.

I've got a mean mouth capable of stripping self-esteems down to the bone, don't antagonize me and assume the victim stance when I respond in kind.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Boohoo, you should be able to take back that which you give and not whine like a little girl.

When you were bringing my unborn daughters and granddaughters into your caustic diatribe and getting cheered on for it, you didn't realize you urgently needed lessons in emotional management huh?

Please spare me the sermon you phoney.

I've got a mean mouth capable of stripping self-esteems down to the bone, don't antagonize me and assume the victim stance when I respond in kind.

You are not important to me to have any impact on my healthy self-esteem.

Come back when you have your emotions under control. wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Four Generations, One Picture / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.