Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21876 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
There is a group of jobless women on Nl, some claim to live under the waters of Germany, some claim to live in shangisha, that's none of my business! [b]They move around doing and the same thing everyday without monotony having effects on them.
The prayer of any operator(op) is for them to focus on his thread, at least he is sure of 5 pages. [/b]They shout and shout daily about feminism. If you want the latest Rihanna news, they are there for you, they cry and cry daily yet the woe of women worsen daily. They cry yet those that matter in Nigeria, the Mercy Johnsons, Omotolas don't believe in equality. They must be a real burden for their spouse!

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Jesus said: if they are not against us, they are for us.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. God bless Omotola and Mercy. smiley

Feminists are enemies to you?

Goodluck bro

Free advice: Pick on one or two to channel your hatred so that when they die, you are free cheesy (Not that what you think affects them though). Picking on all feminists is 'death' grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
yep. Same way I can send him to buy groceries for us and then turn around to lambast other women

It is sweet cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

I meant to ask how many Oscars and Golden Globes she has won, the Oscars are the highest honour right?

Your point is that she is distinguished and should not be taken lightly just because of her age.

Let's get back on topic then - Is Omotola not distinguished, why do y'all have problems with her opinion?
that is where you fail to get my point.
All this round about is unnecessary.
1) there are many oscars and golden globers,do I have to agree with all of them? No
2) did I say omotola isn't distinguished? No
3) does listening to what people have to say automatically mean agreeing with them? No
4) so is it clear now that by saying listen to people who have made their mark, I don't mean always agree with them? I should think so.

My point was simple and clear from the beginning. If you want to dismiss someone opinion,let it not be because of their age which is what you seem to have a problem with as regards Emma.
I don't agree with omoT and it has nothing to do with her age.

I can't explain it simpler than this.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
I have come to the realization that people just have these gender arguments for fun. Posts after post on nairaland on this same issue with the same members arguing with each other day in day out. No one changes their minds and no one learns anything new.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
well neither are u getting sweet sex, otherwise you wouldn't be hear worrying yourself about what single ladies have to say in return grin
Bhahahaaha grin
Good point undecided
Signing off so I can get some cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:

All dis feminist have hidden agenda.why can't dey call dem self human right activist or humanitarian.
According to feminists, only girls suffer in this world.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

no we do motivational speaking to all schools, mixed, single-sex, govt and private. its mostly to motivate them to stay in school and career guidance. we encourage them to become better people in life and consider tertiary education after high school, instead of going on the streets to hustle
This is impressive.

For a second there, I thought it was about teaching young girls to be feminists and forcing an ideology on them that would make them grow up to resent men.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:
I have come to the realization that people just have these gender arguments for fun. Posts after post on nairaland on this same issue with the same members arguing with each other day in day out. No one changes their minds and no one learns anything new.

Exactly, and if u go against their beliefs they bark at u like a mad dog. I have had my own fair share of their nonsense. Seems like the world revolves around what they believe in. They belong to a clique. Once u oppose one, another one comes from no where to start arguing. Its better to watch and laugh. Whatever they believe does not apply to the real world No matter how they try to behave western than the west. If whatever they believe in works for them, fine........but a lot of people have kept their marriages not believing in that. NL comments most times are not a reflection of who is typing. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hypocritical feminists.

Feminism, homosexuality, transgender, gender equality, pedophilia, Inbreeding ......all tools used by those who want to bring about a dysfunctional world.

I say hypocrites because many here choose one and frown at the others....no..it is all part of the so called global agenda of "EQUALITY". You cannot accept one and tell us you are against the full package.

By the way when will our Nairaland paper-feminists start a campaign to stop their parents from collecting bride price and that looooooong outrageous rip-off list of vain bride's family materials. Until you do keep your mouth shut.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
freshdude2:

1. Look at it this way, what's the proportion of guys who get asked out to girls who girls ask out. Therein lies the answer to your question.

2. Fortunately, nature would disagree.

Nature kor. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
1stCitizen:
Hypocritical feminists.

Feminism, homosexuality, transgender, gender equality, pedophilia, Inbreeding ......all tools used by those who want to bring about a dysfunctional world.

I say hypocrites because many here choose one and frown at the others....no..it is all part of the so called the global agenda of "EQUALITY". You cannot accept one and tell us you are against the full package.

By the way when will our Nairaland paper-feminists start a campaign to stop their parents from collecting bride price and that looooooong outrageous rip-off list of vain bride's family materials. Until you do keep your mouth shut.

Many of us already have our parents not collect bride price so nothing new about that.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

So where is the logic in this your response, all I can see is repressed animosity - you can't control yourself, no?

Mondisweets who responded like a normal person to each question with points and spoke of her philanthropic work as a motivational speaker - is she more woman than you?

She actually paused, thought, and responded.

Am I supposed to care what a misguided, self-loathing, and bipolar manic-depressive girl like you thinks of me? undecided

I can see how well you control your anger but anger is not an emotion according to you. grin

I will repeat it till you understand it, you reason in the same way in which men who didn't women to have the right to vote reasoned. There is no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
sandijey:

Exactly, and if u go against their beliefs they bark at u like a mad dog. I have had my own fair share of their nonsense. Seems like the world revolves around what they believe in. They belong to a clique. Once u oppose one, another one comes from no where to start arguing. Its better to watch and laugh. Whatever they believe does not apply to the real world No matter how they try to behave western than the west. If whatever they believe in works for them, fine........but a lot of people have kept their marriages not believing in that. NL comments most times are not a reflection of who is typing. lipsrsealed

both sides of the divide are the same. It is always the same people for and the same people against , saying the same opinions day in day out. It's a sport apparently

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
grin grin grin u made my day

I am happy, I did but I am very serious about it.

Nothing distinguishes him from the men who wanted to oppress women in the past by telling them that they were not intelligent or reasonable enough to vote. wink

And I am sure that future generations will read his posts in disbelief and shock. At best, they will laugh at them.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=5minsmadness post=27785010][/quote] cheesy Thanks for the corrections jawe, I saw them, corrected them, but like those viruses on NL, they have still managed to exist. grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:

Many of us already have our parents not collect bride price so nothing new about that.

That is good to know. When will you start a campaign to bring the issue to public discourse like other feminist issues we see here daily. Will it be safe to presume you have no issues with the full Equality package of feminism, homosexuality, transgenderism, gender equality, pedophilia, Inbreeding?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
that's more like it. Haven't you heard 'the neck controls the movement of the head' analogy?
Where some women use manipulation and stroking of ego to control their men?

To some people it is never about partnership but control.

And about self-esteem issues. They need to control a woman to feel like a man. I pity them.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
please tell me when u are done undecided
In German;

Equity is "Gleichbehandlung", that means
treatment.

Equality is "Gleichberechtigung", that means
rights.

What rights do men have that women don't have yet with respect to the law?

What you want is equity not equality.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
1stCitizen:

That is good to know. When will you start a campaign to bring the issue to public discourse like other feminist issues we see here daily.

I am not one for campaigning either here or otherwise. I believe in influencing the people around and they will in turn influence those around them and so on. Ironic that you want us to campaign for the feminist ideas that favor you, it's idea you agree with it or not. Very hypocritically to be cherry picking, let's have women contribute to bills, let's have women even be breadwinners, let's have women not collect bride price but when it comes to let's have women have equal say in the same household she is contributing 50% or more to it becomes a problem

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
1stCitizen:
Hypocritical feminists.

I say hypocrites because many here choose one and frown at the others....no..it is all part of the so called global agenda of "EQUALITY". You cannot accept one and tell us you are against the full package.

Nigeria was dysfunctional before you knew how feminism is spelled.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:

It is not the 'bride price' that gives men imperial authority over women, but competence. Women pay groom price in India, but women remain slaves to men. I heard one saying on Al Jazeera that he is trying to purchase a bride and would share her with his brother. grin

I actually hope your story on bride price is true. The price of women is too costly for their value. No pun intended! cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Why are you putting words in my mouth? Where in my post did I say that Ini Edo can't feed herself? Do you want to know why a woman has a lot to loose?
1. The gap btw the achievements of men and women is gigantic, women take low paying jobs and become sex workers to make money. The ever reducing number of virgings is not due to the fact that women have become wayward but the fact that you lazy chaps have to present 'it' to get money. cool
2) There are a lot of women chasing few men.
3) Like the Ini Edos and Akindeles, the fault of break ups is the fault of women.
4) How many men will go for a second hand woman?
5) Since women go for low paying jobs, the effects of divorce tells on them since most depend on their ATM, their ATM which is no more(with another babe).
6) Children don't usually fear their moms, so become a burden to her while the man is enjoying life with his babes. cheesy

Add these to the ones I've given. tongue

1) Speak for women you know.

2) Shed more light.

3) Keep deceiving yourself and gullible Nigerians. Ini edo was cheating in Nigeria and her husband was a saint in USA bah? Smh.

4) You think it's all women that are crazy about marriage?

5) Refer to my number one.

6) story for the gods. Btw, it differs
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
@carefreewannabe, coco candy and other enlightened women you guys need to learn to just walk pass this kind of threads. If you preach from now till ....they will not learn or change so why waste your energy? Anytime i see this feminist bashing posts I just stroll past, they are simply spoiling for another round of argument where nothing is learnt.

Let those who hate feminists marry non feminist like Omotola and let feminists live their own life. Since no one is forcing you to marry a feminist I really don't get the issue?

As for the person mentioning pedophilia undecided

I'm out of here wink got no time for pointless arguments

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:

I am not one for campaigning either here or otherwise. I believe in influencing the people around and they will in turn influence those around them and so on. Ironic that you want us to campaign for the feminist ideas that favor you, it's idea you agree with it or not. Very hypocritically to be cherry picking, let's have women contribute to bills, let's have women even be breadwinners, let's have women not collect bride price but when it comes to let's have women have equal say in the same household she is contributing 50% or more to it becomes a problem

Nope I believe that bride price payment is a cultural thing synonymous with Africans that must be preserved. I also believe anyone who claims to be a true feminist should earnestly campaign for its abolition. I am not one. Whoever does not do this is a hypocrite.

What do you know about cherry-picking?

The full package in equality covers feminism, homosexuality, transgenderism, gender equality, pedophilia, Inbreeding

Who now is cherry-picking? I have no problem with feminism but if you want to uphold the virtues of equality then do confirm you have not one problem with the other(Any advocate of equality that does not is a hypocrite), thereafter I will shut my mouth for good and accept that the world has already .........ended. grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by freecocoa(f): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
This thread is just really depressing, makes me weep in advance for the children some of these men will raise, kai!.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 7:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

1) Speak for women you know.

2) Shed more light.

3) Keep deceiving yourself and gullible Nigerians. Ini edo was cheating in Nigeria and her husband was a saint in USA bah? Smh.

4) You think it's all women that are crazy about marriage?

5) Refer to my number one.

6) story for the gods. Btw, it differs
Do you have a boyfriend? Tell him that master has ordered him to give you some strokes of the cane.

Are u also a feminist?

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Do you have a boyfriend? Tell him that master has ordered him to give you some strokes of the cane.

Are u also a feminist?

If wishes were horses.

He dare not.

I'm not a feminist. I'm myself.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
They claim women are fish brained but to think that these dudes are eating off the hands of a celebrity that will say anything to sell her image is bewildering undecided. A man is the head because that was the curse given to eve for her disobedience(" from this day forward ,the man shall rule over you "wink ,not that he is equipped with more intellectual capacity than the woman. I won't fight over this head thing but I can't accept a lesser treatment. The man is the head because the bible said so and I can't challenge that, but a woman must be heard, she must be treated with respect , her opinions must count and that is that... undecided.

Most of them doesn't even know how their head ship came about, all they know is chanting head! Head! all the way.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:
They claim women are fish brained but to think that these dudes are eating off the hands of a celebrity that will say anything to sell her image is bewildering undecided. A man is the head because that was the curse given to eve for her disobedience(" from this day forward ,the man shall rule over you "wink ,not that he is equipped with more intellectual capacity than the woman. I won't fight over this head thing but I can't accept a lesser treatment. The man is the head because the bible said so and I can't challenge that, but a woman must be heard, she must be treated with respect , her opinions must count and that is that... undecided.

Most of them doesn't even know how their head ship came about, all they know is chanting head! Head! all the way.

Your argument makes a lot of sense though
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

If wishes were horses.

He dare not.

I'm not a feminist. I'm myself.
cheesy Empty threats! After investing so much money on a money gulping machine, I think he'll have to wait till after marriage to carry out my orders.

If you are not a feminist, then you are for us. kiss Equity without equality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) / Four Generations, One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.