Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21883 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:
They claim women are fish brained but to think that these dudes are eating off the hands of a celebrity that will say anything to sell her image is bewildering undecided. A man is the head because that was the curse given to eve for her disobedience(" from this day forward ,the man shall rule over you "wink ,not that he is equipped with more intellectual capacity than the woman. I won't fight over this head thing but I can't accept a lesser treatment. The man is the head because the bible said so and I can't challenge that, but a woman must be heard, she must be treated with respect , her opinions must count and that is that... undecided.

Most of them doesn't even know how their head ship came about, all they know is chanting head! Head! all the way.

The bible did not make man the Head
Even before Christianity, moat societies havebeen patriarchal
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
1stCitizen:

Your argument makes a lot of sense though

As a matter of fact I do not have a problem with who's the head and who 's the tail, i have no problem with being the woman but being the foot stool? shocked, at that juncture thunder gat to fire Satan left nyash undecided.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

The bible did not make man the Head
Even before Christianity, moat societies havebeen patriarchal

Society started from Genesis (bible) or are you saying the bible lied ? That there is no Adam and Eve? Nor curse, neither was there a serpent?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

In German;

Equity is "Gleichbehandlung", that means
treatment.

Equality is "Gleichberechtigung", that means
rights.

What rights do men have that women don't have yet with respect to the law?

What you want is equity not equality.
we were using english and english meanings all this time, whats does German have to do with this? undecided your argument is becoming more and more lousy. Just let it go

How many times must i mention

-child marriages
- inability of a woman to succeed her hisband and father (usually in those families that deeply rooted in tradition)
-sexual harrassment, sexual assault, domestic violence

I already mentioned this in my previous commments on this same thread so i dont know why i should be repeating myself

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
cheesy Empty threats! After investing so much money on a money gulping machine, I think he'll have to wait till after marriage to carry out my orders.

If you are not a feminist, then you are for us. kiss Equity without equality.

I believe in equality.

Like i said, u don't know me. My boyfriend doesn't spend any money on me. smiley
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:

As for the person mentioning pedophilia undecided

Equal rights! Equality! Yes that is how it starts then the depth of human debasement and moral decadence starts to rear its ugly head.

Feminism- Rights- western influenced
Homosexuality- Rights-Western influenced
Transgenderism- Rights- Western influenced
Pedophilia(Child marriage)- Rights- Middle East influenced
Inbreeding- Rights- Western influenced

We Africans forget easily that we have our own cultural limits and borrow everything from others hook line and sinker.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
1stCitizen:

Equal rights! Equality! Yes that is how it starts then the depth of human debasement and moral decadence starts to rear its ugly head.

Feminism- Rights- western influenced
Homosexuality- Rights-Western influenced
Transgenderism- Rights- Western influenced
Pedophilia(Child marriage)- Rights- Middle East influenced
Inbreeding- Rights- Western influenced

We Africans forget easily that we have our own cultural limits and borrow everything from others hook line and sinker.

Apart from Transgenderism, like seriously They came in your country and taught you all these?

Africans blaming the west for their woe since 1600. Pathetic sad

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

I believe in equity.

Like i said, u don't know me. My boyfriend doesn't spend any money on me. smiley
Thanks for believing in equity, you'll make a good and submissive wife. On the remaining part, there is no substancial proof, so I can't actually comment on it. smiley
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

I believe in equity.

Thanks for believing in equity, you'll make a good and submissive wife. On the remaining part, there is no substancial proof for or against, so I can't actually comment on it. smiley
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:

Thanks for believing in equity, you'll make a good and submissive wife. On the remaining part, there is no substancial proof, so I can't actually comment on it. smiley

keep editing my post.

I'll be a submissive wife but it doesn't mean I'm going to be worshipping men.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Apart from Transgenderism, like seriously They came in your country and taught you all these?

Everything affecting our culture are all the fault of women.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

keep editing my post.

I'll be a submissive wife but it doesn't mean I'm going to be worshipping men.
Kiss his feet my dear, its fun. sad
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:

Society started from Genesis (bible) or are you saying the bible lied ? That there is no Adam and Eve? Nor curse, neither was there a serpent?

Not everyone believes that....

The point is that most societies n households have always been led by men..biblical or not
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

We are looking at the concept of campaigning for RIGHTS within these culturally unacceptable practices and not if these practices were in existence before in Africa. Of course they were and shrouded in secrecy....even regarded as abominations but never before did we witness such global campaign for acceptance which we Africans (with eyes closed) have keyed into without examining our cultural inclinations.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

Not everyone believes that....

The point is that most societies n households have always been led by men..biblical or not

Stop hiding PB, if our bible said that the book of Genesis recorded the beginning of man kind and we believed that, then the reason for patriarchy isn't far fetched.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:
I have come to the realization that people just have these gender arguments for fun. Posts after post on nairaland on this same issue with the same members arguing with each other day in day out. No one changes their minds and no one learns anything new.

Lol!

You are right, You know grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:

Stop hiding PB, if our bible said that the book of Genesis recorded the beginning of man kind and we believed that, then the reason for patriarchy isn't far fetched.

Some believe in evolution
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

Some believe in evolution

We are talking about you, what do you believe?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:

We are talking about you, what do you believe?

I believe it is well..

I don't even know d question
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
tatiana009:
@carefreewannabe, coco candy and other enlightened women you guys need to learn to just walk pass this kind of threads. If you preach from now till ....they will not learn or change so why waste your energy? Anytime i see this feminist bashing posts I just stroll past, they are simply spoiling for another round of argument where nothing is learnt.

Let those who hate feminists marry non feminist like Omotola and let feminists live their own life. Since no one is forcing you to marry a feminist I really don't get the issue?

As for the person mentioning pedophilia undecided

I'm out of here wink got no time for pointless arguments
cheesy cheesy cheesy 'feminists'
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 1:13am On Nov 07, 2014
5minsmadness:

Took you a while to return with a fitting comeback. Guess you had to rap your head pretty hard to come up with this one.
If anyone is being emotional here miss, its you. A lady states very clearly her stand on a particular issue and instead of taking it for what it is you resort to misinterpreting her statement to calm your frayed nerves.

You were the one who brought up the 'she inferred women are inferior to men' thing to whip up sentiment. My dear omotola said nothing of the sort. She simply stayed that men and women are not equal and you came out with guns blazing, citing Google/Wikipedia to try and bring the successful, popular and I might add well liked actress to your side. When that didn't work you resorted to trying to call her unintelligent.
Sounds emotional to me.

Men and women are not equal.
You cannot have two captains on a plane.
A team can have only one leader.
A home can have only one head- the man.
That doesn't make the woman inferior, but she is definitely not the head.
Its that simple.

Absolute rubbish! This guy defies logic over and over again. Men and women are not equal and you think you don't infer that this creates an imbalance and puts a gender at the forefront at the detriment of the other? Do you just choose not to understand logic? Really what did you study in school I seriously need to gauge your intelligence. Only stu.pid, unintelligent women will fall for this crap.

A fitting comeback? I've not even started with you.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 1:19am On Nov 07, 2014
Meaning:
Gender equality, also known as sex equality, gender egalitarianism, sexual equality or equality of the genders, refers to the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender, unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment.

People who don't believe in the above should be burnt on a stake. They are not fit to live in this century. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:
we were using english and english meanings all this time, whats does German have to do with this? undecided your argument is becoming more and more lousy. Just let it go

I know I have made some huge sense when a person has to call my argument lousy without any points to counter it - don't worry I understand why you want to keep your sense of intelligence intact, but you have been successfully tutored and you should be appreciative because you would have never known the difference between equity and equality if someone didn't tell you.

Accept your ignorance, no shame - I didn't know the difference for a long time as well.
Remember I told you to research, but you rushed to reply in less than 30mins with a screen-grab of search results - I just smiled cos I thought you'd be smarter.

So here's some free tutoring and education for you again mondi, be thankful:

Equity is "Gleichbehandlung", that means treatment.

Equality is "Gleichberechtigung", that means rights.

The German reference is to make you understand better.

Now as for this:

How many times must i mention

-child marriages
- inability of a woman to succeed her hisband and father (usually in those families that deeply rooted in tradition)
-sexual harrassment, sexual assault, domestic violence

I already mentioned this in my previous commments on this same thread so i dont know why i should be repeating myself.
I ask you - which between equity and equality will solve the problems on your list?

Are there laws/rights that encourage child marriages, sexxual harassment, or domestic violence - or are there rights men have that women don't according to constitutional laws?

What you want is equity(treatment), not equality(rights).

Next time you go on your philanthropic work, be sure to let people know the difference so they are tutored like you have been tutored - spread the knowledge.

Good morning!

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can see how well you control your anger but anger is not an emotion according to you. grin

I will repeat it till you understand it, you reason in the same way in which men who didn't women to have the right to vote reasoned. There is no difference.

Carefreewannabe you still don't get it, you are mentally unsound.
Why should I care if you repeat it, shout it, or type it on every thread on Nairaland? gringrin

Are you not the one who claims she belongs to the school of post-feminism?

Post-feminism is the movement that signals a world “in which feminism has been transcended, occluded, overcome” (Hawkensworth).

You are also the same person who quoted an article authored by a novelist/writer of fiction to back up an argument about the brain's white matter.
The same white matter you didn't know it's function but kept asking me about very well after it had been explained more than 3pages before.

Lady you don't know who you are or what you stand for, your propensity to confuse yourself on almost every argument you engage in is enough proof of your bipolarity further made worse by your constant self-loathing and identity crisis.
You are a feminist and you don't know about the different movements and waves of feminism so you can fit yourself into one - can't you see you have issues?

Seek help, psychological and therapeutic help.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

I know I have made some huge sense when a person has to call my argument lousy without any points to counter it - don't worry I understand why you want to keep your sense of intelligence intact, but you have been successfully tutored and you should be appreciative because you would have never known the difference between equity and equality if someone didn't tell you.

Accept your ignorance, no shame - I didn't know the difference for a long time as well.
Remember I told you to research, but you rushed to reply in less than 30mins with a screen-grab of search results - I just smiled cos I thought you'd be smarter.

So here's some free tutoring and education for you again mondi, be thankful:

Equity is "Gleichbehandlung", that means treatment.

Equality is "Gleichberechtigung", that means rights.

The German reference is to make you understand better.

Now as for this:

I ask you - which between equity and equality will solve the problems on your list?

Are there laws/rights that encourage child marriages, sexxual harassment, or domestic violence - or are there rights men have that women don't according to constitutional laws?

What you want is equity(treatment), not equality(rights).

Next time you go on your philanthropic work, be sure to let people know the difference so they are tutored like you have been tutored - spread the knowledge.

Good morning!
BOTH EQUITY AND EQUALITY MEAN FAIRNESS AND BALANCE!!!

And i already made it clear that im referring to equity and equality in the ENGLISH CONTEXT so stop trying yo use the German context simply because u have failed dismally to prove your argument.

grin grin grin
the only thing I learnt from "your little tutorial" is that I need to buy you a Thesaurus and a dictionary as a christmas gift. smiley
now can you kindly stop giving tutorials on things you know nothing of and stick to the purpose of the thread

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by TDN: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2014
you are right, most times it feels like a lost cause but i'm not sure it's something anyone should laugh about. lost cause or not i will always stand by my feminist views, so you can continue mocking women who only want a better life for themselves. someone every human has the right t pursue, man or woman.

Omotola has stated what works for her marriage and is also entitled to her opinion on the status quo of men and women. some can choose to emulate, some can choose not to. we all have things to learn from people who have a successful marriage. take from it what you will but what you cannot do is force or mock others who decide to pass.

iebanehita:

GBAM!!!!!!!!

Of course they won't give give a phuck na, bcz she didn't support them in their lost cause.. They would never read in-between the lines.. If

The earlier all the feminist realise whatever they are after is a lost cause, the better.
Deluded set of low life's championing a white elephant project would only lead to a vicious cycle.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by babe12: 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
it's hard to be with someone who doesn't know how to apologise but me sef i'm always saying sorry which means i'm always doing plenty bad things. to each his own. i think her husband is very mature and it works for her. equality aside for one moment, find the one you can manage like that, not subscribe to what may not work for you. if i hear someone else say SUBMISSION one more time. i might scream. we all can't be the same and that's not the worst thing in the world.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:
BOTH EQUITY AND EQUALITY MEAN FAIRNESS AND BALANCE!!!

And i already made it clear that im referring to equity and equality in the ENGLISH CONTEXT so stop trying yo use the German context simply because u have failed dismally to prove your argument.

grin grin grin
the only thing I learnt from "your little tutorial" is that I need to buy you a Thesaurus and a dictionary as a christmas gift. smiley
now can you kindly stop giving tutorials on things you know nothing of and stick to the purpose of the thread
This girl, take off your cloak of self-pride and accept the free education.

Are 'treatment' and 'rights' not English words? What exactly is your point?

Equity = fair/equal treatment
Equality = fair/equal rights

Where is the German or French therein? Is that not English?

Okay as I'm in the mood for some lecturing, I already did some more research for your lazy azz as you couldn't do it yourself:

* Equality basically aims to perpetuate a level playing field in the eyes of the law for both sexes, equal rights - this is summarily, the starting point.
The first-wave of feminism and some agendas in the second-wave have succeeded in accomplishing this.

* Equity basically aims to perpetuate fair treatment i.e the same general disposition towards the genders...for example, a qualified woman is not to be denied a position because of her sex OR a girl has to go to school and not be groomed for early marriage - this is summarily, the end point.

Now if you understand that equality has already been achieved as regards same/equal rights and liberties for both genders in constitutions/bylaws, then equity is the next step in the forward direction.

No country (with the exception of Islamic/Muslim territories) has rights/laws in their constitution that favors men and limits women, at least none to my knowledge.

Mondisweets you should pay me for this tutoring you're receiving because as a female, equality has allowed you the right/freedom to attend school and have access to the internet.
I should not be doing educational philanthropic work for someone who would otherwise claim to be educated and well-informed.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

This girl, pull of your cloak of self-pride and accept the free education.

Are 'treatment' and 'rights' not English words? What exactly is your point?

[size=18pt]Equity = fair/equal [/size]treatment
Equality = fair/equal rights [/i]
Where is the German or French therein? Is that not English?
thank you for successfully proving yourself to be a confused being, without any assistance on my part. if equality and equity are not synonymous why did you use the word "equal" to define equity? undecided undecided undecided

Okay as I'm in the mood for some lecturing, I already did some more research for your lazy azz as you couldn't do it yourself:

* Equality basically aims to perpetuate a level playing field in the eyes of the law for both sexes, equal rights - this is summarily, the starting point.
The first-wave of feminism and some agendas in the second-wave have succeeded in accomplishing this.

* Equity basically aims to perpetuate fair treatment i.e the same general disposition towards the genders...for example, a qualified woman is not to be denied a position because of her sex OR a girl has to go to school and not be groomed for early marriage - this is summarily, the end point.

Now if you understand that equality has already been achieved as regards same/equal rights and liberties for both genders in constitutions/bylaws, then equity is the next step in the forward direction.

No country (with the exception of Islamic/Muslim territories) has rights/laws in their constitution that favors men and limits women, at least none to my knowledge.

1. unlawful child marriages are not existing in non-muslim African communities?
2. women are not being deprived of the right to succeed their fathers or husbands in non-muslim African communities?

stop foolishly displaying your ignorance on a public forum.

Mondisweets you should pay me for this tutoring you're receiving because as a female, equality has allowed you the right/freedom to attend school and have access to the internet.
I should not be doing educational philanthropic work for someone who would otherwise claim to be educated and well-informed.

I would gladly assist you financially so you can stop taking "educational lessons" from brothels and start receiving it from recognised educational institutions smiley

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mondisweets:

thank you for successfully proving yourself to be a confused being, without any assistance on my part. if equality and equity are not synonymous why did you use the word "equal" to define equity? undecided undecided undecided
Lmao...no matter how hard you try to act like you have not received some education, it doesn't change the fact that you have learnt something new by my generosity.

How is it that you enlarge fair/equal but leave out treatment and rights?
Full definition means something you know? You can't enlarge one half and leave out the other half because it has proved you know nothing of the difference.

And now your argument is that since both meanings have the fair/equal first-half, they subsequently mean the exact same thing? cheesycheesy

Genius, do you know what they refer to as word origins and derivatives?

EQU -ity and EQU -ality, just like in the German translation GLEICH -behandlung and GLEICH -berechtigung".

I understand though, you won't admit how ignorant you were to the reading of NL users, so it's perfectly fine to be belligerent and try to redeem yourself from ignorance. grin

1. unlawful child marriages are not existing in non-muslim African communities?
2. women are not being deprived of the right to succeed their fathers or husbands in non-muslim African communities?
It would seem that just like the majority of pseudo-feminists on here, you also have some pseudo-intelligence and not a natural smart/wittiness.

The part of my comment you responded to with these two redundant questions, actually said this:
crackhaus:
No country (with the exception of Islamic/Muslim
territories) has rights/laws IN THEIR CONSTITUTION that favors men and limits women, at least none
to my knowledge.
Now there are unlawful child marriages outside the Muslim community, I didn't say there wasn't - I was talking about constitutional rights/laws of countries when I made reference to Islamic territories.

Women deprived of rights to inherit property in non-muslim communities is a claim I didn't even make or refute in any way, shape, or form - your diversionary inference on these things is stemming from your upset and punctured intelligence.
You thought and was sure that there's no difference between equality' and equity, I then schooled you extensively on your lack of knowledge on the subject - you're hurt and masking it with lame comebacks and redundant questions.

Mondiclueless are there rights in the constitution that men have and women don't?
That some places have child-marriages or that women have no claim to properties does not mean there is a law written down in the constitution that supports it - these are traditional beliefs/practices peculiar to areas, which is where equity comes in to foster and sensationalize fair treatment.

You have no argument or intelligent comebacks lady, you're only trying to salvage your overrated sense of self-esteem as portrayed on NL.
You are drowning in the very deep end of the pool of misinformation/ignorance, I have offered you the life-jacket by educating you on the differences between equity and equality - you should put your pride/ego aside by taking the life-jacket and save yourself from drowning completely.
Any attempt you make in trying to swim towards the shallow end of the pool and against the current, is ultimately futile and will damage what's left of your bruised esteem and ego.

I would gladly assist you financially so you can stop taking "educational lessons" from brothels and start receiving it from recognised educational institutions smiley
Weak and completely witless, but noted!

However, I have a feeling you may need more financial assistance than I do right now, you did say you were a student...yes?

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Lmao...no matter how hard you try to act like you have not been educated, it doesn't change the fact that you have learnt something new by my generosity.

How is it that you enlarge fair/equal but leave out treatment and rights?
Full definition means something you know, you can't enlarge one half and leave out the other half because it has proved you know nothing of the difference.

And now your argument is that since both meanings have the fair/equal first-half, they subsequently mean the exact same thing? cheesycheesy

Genius, do you know what they refer to as word origins and derivatives?

EQUity and EQUality, just like in the German translation "GLEICHbehandlung" and "GLEICHberechtigung".

I understand though, you won't admit how ignorant you were to the reading of NL users, so it's perfectly fine to be belligerent and try to redeem yourself from ignorance. grin
rights determine how a person should and should not be treated, so only God knows you keep bothering your little head with these senseless epistles.[size=18pt] your cannot determine what constitutes as equal treatment without determining what equal rights are dammit! [/size] That's why feminists, "promote gender equality" i.e. see to it that these rights are realised and it is done so to the benefit of both gender equally!

It would seem that just like the majority of pseudo-feminists on here, you also have some pseudo-intelligence and not a natural smart/wittiness.

The part of my comment you responded to with these two redundant questions, actually said this:

Now there are unlawful child marriages outside the Muslim community, I didn't say there wasn't - I was talking about constitutional rights/laws of countries when I made reference to Islamic territories.

Women deprived of rights to inherit property in non-muslim communities is a claim I didn't even make or refute in any way, shape, or form - your diversionary inference on these things is stemming from your upset and punctured intelligence.
You thought and was sure that there's no difference between equality' and equity, I then schooled you extensively on your lack of knowledge on the subject - you're hurt and masking it with lame comebacks and redundant questions.
if these rights are being realised (being adhered to) why do we still have underage children being forced into marriage decades after the Human rights have been passed? undecided

Mondiclueless are there rights in the constitution that men have and women don't?
That some places have child-marriages or that women have no claim to properties does not mean there is a law written down in the constitution that supports it - these are traditional beliefs/practices peculiar to areas, which is where equity comes in to foster and sensationalize fair treatment.
if women and children are not being deprived of these rights belong to them, would there be a need promoting gender equality? if these rights are being respected would we still have child abuse, sexual abuse and domestic violence against women and children? your argument is just becoming pointless, now you just want to argue for the sack of just arguing.

You have no argument or intelligent comebacks lady, you're only trying to salvage your overrated sense of self-esteem as portrayed on NL.
You are drowning in the very deep end of the pool of misinformation/ignorance, I have offered you the life-jacket by educating you on the differences between equity and equality - you should put your pride/ego aside by taking the life-jacket and save yourself from drowning completely.
Any attempt you make in trying to swim towards the shallow end of the pool and against the current, is ultimately futile and will damage what's left of your bruised esteem and ego.

Weak and completely witless, but noted!

However, I have a feeling you may need more financial assistance than I do right now, you did say you were a student...yes?
this is petty I swear

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) / Four Generations, One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.