Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21903 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

marriage with most of these actresses are open marriages. Its a pity people easily get deceived by the hype.
Story!

Are you an actress? Are Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs also in an open marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

So in other words you are saying Nigerian girls in primary school are stupid? I don't think so.

Once again, her words:

She simply explained it based on the way she saw society (especially women) interpreting it. I see you quickly browsed Google to get the definition of gender equality, however the way you women portray it and carry on about it is not in any way reflective of the definition. You ladies feminists throw it in the face of every and any man the moment you want things to go your way. If a woman hits a man the man should be understanding, if a man hits a woman he should be crucified. Feminist hypocrisy has been their worst enemy since inception.

You are the one bringing deciet into this matter. Show me where she said a woman was inferior to a man.

Intelligent women will see the wisdom in what she has said and use it to their advantage in managing their lives and their homes. Unintelligent women will keep being bitter and single and seeing attacks where there is none.

Again logic!
You don't believe in gender equality, so you believe in a dynamism where one is unequal to another.
What does an inequality mean, something is greater than or less than something.
When something is greater than something it posits a sign of superiority over the other. So that leaves the other as inferior.
Again only unintelligent people will fall for this crap to continue the abuse of power by patriarchy.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

If really u meant what you said, your type of girls is the reason why I don't want to marry and sadly 95% of present day girl on nairaland are like you. SMH
Fixed.

There are a lot of decent girls out there bro. Most of them however are too busy doing one thing or the other to come online.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by freecocoa(f): 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

You dey mind them

You need to read treads about her

It is we 'feminists' that will be supporting her and wishing her well while they will be ranting how she is not a good wife, how she doesnot have time for her kids, etc. especially when she started her reality show

Besides, she earns way more than her hubby and this might just be a trick to make him happy

I like her very much anyways
Now all of a sudden she is the perfect wife because she doesn't believe in gender equality, as if that's the only attribute a good wife/woman should possess, I laugh in Tiv.

If I've not dated men before, I'd be willing to not have anything to do with a man judging from what the mofos on here spew, rubbish.

I do like her too.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:
Now all of a sudden she is the perfect wife because she doesn't believe in gender equality, as if that's the only attribute a good wife/woman should possess, I laugh in Tiv.

If I've not dated men before, I'd be willing to not have anything to do with a man judging from what the mofos on here spew, rubbish.

I do like her too.

It is well cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

If really u meant what you said, your type of girls is the reason why I don't want to marry and sadly 95% of present day girl are like you. SMH

Please don't marry. It is also important you don't breed as well so as not to continue the cycle of unleashing bratty entitled boys into the society to frustrate the life of my unsuspecting daughters all because of marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

Fixed.

There are a lot of decent girls out there bro. Most of them however are too busy doing one thing or the other to come online.

Buhaha. I don't know why you guys bother us. When there are millions of Nigerian girls desperate for marriage, busy
praying and waiting on their lords and masters to show up. Why is it the ones on NL you keep bothering yourselves about? cheesy Feminism is here to stay! Ain't going back, rotflmao!

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKEp2_QbiA[/img]

The future wives of Nairaland men, waiting on the Lord.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

......,[/i] or Emma Watson (the very impressionable young girl who you're probably older than).
Bhahahahahhahahha grin

Hermione of all people! grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Apart from Folurunsho Alakija, which of the other two have had a long-lasting successful marriage?
Folurunsho Alakija is not a feminist.

I also wonder what you seek to learn from Chimamanda Adichie (who wants us all to be feminists), or Emma Watson (the very impressionable young girl who you're probably older than).

I'm not older than Emma Watson.

I don't believe in the tag feminism neither do I support women oppression.
I believe in myself and will never let any man be above me.

Who told you Adichie is divorced?
She doesn't advertise her marriage like Omotola. Get it.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

I thought you said on Nashville's thread this

With emphasis on the bolded?

Now few threads later, you are agreeing with Omotola?

Yet when I said people who say 'men and women are unequal' mean men are superior, people said it means different

Whatever rocks our boat

The Nigerian society is still volatile so I really do understand her point cheesy

I can say I am the tail, my husband is my lord and still be beating him in our room grin
I'm not following you, what did I say on that thread that is different from what she said?

This is what I said in that post:
…this in turn does not mean one gender is superior to the other...

Please quote where Omotola said women are inferior or men are superior.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:
See Joke Silva with much more stellar career and much more longer marriage, if not the longest marriage in nollywood

"I'm Not A Cooking Kind Of Woman & My Husband Is Fine With It' - Nollywood Actress, Joke Silva grin grin grin

http://www.naij.com/66593.html

The couple who have been married for 28 years are still very much in love and have remained inseparable.

Veteran actress, Joke Silva in a recent interview with City People magazine talks about why she doesn’t like cooking and how her husband doesn’t mind someone else cooks for him.

“I have never lied about this, I have never been ‘a doing the cooking kind of woman’. When my husband met me, he knew. He was the one who used to do the cooking because he is good at it. I used to do the cooking when I felt like. Sometimes, it comes out to be a huge success and sometimes a failure. Some years ago, I cooked vegetables and it was terrible and my husband is such a gem, he ate it like that. It is not as if my mum didn’t teach me.

For my husband, cooking is a therapy and for me it is a chore and yet he will always tell you that I look after him so much, I do that in other ways. We have somebody who does the cooking. I have taught them to cook the way I like and we have people who do the general cleaning.”
Olu Jacobs obviously doesn’t mind as his love for his wife as remained stronger as he was quoted in an interview saying marrying Joke was the best decision of his life.

This is how olu jacobs and joke operate. The man even cooks. He is o.k with it. Yet they are the longest living couple in nollywood. Why arent Nl men calling olu a sissy? NL MEN, WHAT SAY U? Buhahahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Buhaha. I don't know why you guys bother us. When there are millions of Nigerian girls desperate for marriage, busy
praying and waiting on their lords and masters to show up. Why is it the ones on NL you keep bothering yourselves about? cheesy Feminism is here to stay! Ain't going back, rotflmao!

[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKEp2_QbiA[/img]

The future wives of Nairaland men, waiting on the Lord.

Ermmm, miss, you quoted the wrong person oh. Wetin concern me and una? Most Nairaland feminist girls have never experienced the real world and have nothing to offer apart from fast fingers and insultive prowess.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Who said adichie is divorced? Has the person been living in a cave or what? Google is a friend o.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Again logic!
You don't believe in gender equality, so you believe in a dynamism where one is unequal to another.
What does an inequality mean, something is greater than or less than something.
When something is greater than something it posits a sign of superiority over the other. So that leaves the other as inferior.
Again only unintelligent people will fall for this crap to continue the abuse of power by patriarchy.

Sigh.

You are extrapolating. Inferior is a far more unacceptable word than less. But anyway, show me where she said a woman is less than a man in terms of less being inferior.

Again only unintelligent women will nitpick every spoken word to see if an offence has been committed. Bitter people. Always so bitter and old and single cheesy ,

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by zeb04(f): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

This is how olu jacobs and joke operate. The man even cooks. He is o.k with it. Yet they are the longest living couple in nollywood. Why arent Nl men calling olu a sissy? NL MEN, WHAT SAY U? Buhahahahaha.
don't mind all these nairaland sadist oh they have nothing else to offer

My home, my dad cooks a lot oh although he earns X2 of momma but cooking is just part of him even elder bros cooks on Sunday when he isaround.
25 years of marriage and still counting.but when I cone online I just see jobless people trying to put women down.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Chai! I looooove omose xy! She knows how to rock life like a single lady. Her hubby is awesome! E get e own escapades while omose xy get her own. All these trips around the world u think men no dey follow am up and down so tey she snap 4 red carpet with a fellow who had his hand on her a$$! That a$$ which mam no go fantasize about that a$$? Wonderful understanding they've got i tell ya! U see the way she dresses? Will u allow ur wife dress like that?

Omo T is successful as an actress!

Alakija, Okonjo Iweala are successful as business women!

The hubby knew of it and decided to enter into a lifelong commitment with her, since it rocks his boat.

It is not every successful and well achieved women that expose their butt, you know.

Stillfire must be an 'intelligent' lady. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Who said adichie is divorced? Has the person been living in a cave or what? Google is a friend o.

I was only asking crackhaus a rhetorical question.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

Omo T is successful as an actress!

Alakija, Okonjo Iweala are successful as business women!

The hubby knew of it and decided to enter into a lifelong commitment with her, since it rocks his boat.

It is not every successful and well achieved women that expose their butt, you know.

Stillfire must be an 'intelligent' lady. grin
And i asked u a question, can u be as permissive and understanding as omose xy's hubby towards ur own wife? Including being permissive towards her escapades so that u can have a longlasting marriage like omose xy's?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

You mean you're younger than 1990? grin
Okay noted, but you can't be more than 4years younger than she is.

And of all people older than you to look up to, it's Emma Watson? What do you think she knows about life?
How to play a teenage witch in Harry Potter? cheesy

This is good, I'm glad you'll never let any man be above you except when you start working and he's your boss right?

I have to ask though, how have you been oppressed as a woman in your life so far?

I didn't say she's divorced, her marriage is still very much young and hasn't gone through a lot yet.

She has also advertised her marriage as well - she did mention that she doesn't want to be known as Mrs. Chimamanda Esege but as Ms. Chimamanda Adichie.

Is the kind of person you want as a role model?
Don't you think she's suffering from an identity crisis?
Even if she has problem with patriarchy and male domination in general, why does she have a problem with her own husband and his name?

How many of the married ladies in this section do you think do not make use of Mrs?

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

I was only asking crackhaus a rhetorical question.
oh o.k. I tot someone told u that. I was ready to attack that person.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Look at you, any small opening and you want to take a cheap shot to earn points cheesycheesy

tongue

I see you people have now left Omotola alone to dwell on the cooking choices of Joke Silva and her husband.

Fishing.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

You mean you're younger than 1990? grin
Okay noted, but you can't be more than 4years younger than she is.

And of all people older than you to look up to, it's Emma Watson? What do you think she knows about life?
How to play a teenage witch in Harry Potter? cheesy

Checking her age on wikipedia via google search, she's still more than 4years older than me.

This is good, I'm glad you'll never let any man be above you except when you start working and he's your boss right?

I have to ask though, how have you been oppressed as a woman in your life so far?

Gender inequality doesn't apply in that aspect because he/she might be any of the gender(male/female). So, I don't get any point you're trying to make.

I didn't say she's divorced, her marriage is still very much young and hasn't gone through a lot yet.

She has also advertised her marriage as well - she did mention that she doesn't want to be known as Mrs. Chimamanda Esege but as Ms. Chimamanda Adichie.

Is the kind of person you want as a role model?
Don't you think she's suffering from an identity crisis?
Even if she has problem with patriarchy and male domination in general, why does she have a problem with her own husband and his name?

How many of the married ladies in this section do you think do not make use of Mrs?

Whether She's confused or not, is none of my business.
She's worthy of emulation because she depicts true African woman and her societal role in all aspect of life is superb.
Do you want me to emulate Omotola who's loose?
A married woman who kiss many guys on set? Spare me of professionalism.
Someone who put on skimpy wear.
She and her husband knows their hidden promiscuity because it wasn't easy before her husband denied she wasn't the one that owns the nip.ples on a prostitution movie she once acted.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Look at you, any small opening and you want to take a cheap shot to earn points cheesycheesy

tongue

I see you people have now left Omotola alone to dwell on the cooking choices of Joke Silva and her husband.

Fishing.
see me see wahala? U urself mentioned joke and olu, stillfire provided proof on how their marriage operates and i asked, Nairaland men with ever expanding egos, WHAT SAY U? Simply answer the question and stop beating around the bush! U are here making noise! Kmt.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Checking her age on wikipedia via google search, she's still more than 4years older than me.

Gender inequality doesn't apply in that aspect because he/she might be any of the gender(male/female). So, I don't get any point you're trying to make.

She's worthy of emulation because she depicts true African woman and her societal role in all aspect of life is superb.
She and her husband knows their hidden promiscuity because it wasn't easy before her husband denied she wasn't the one that owns the nip.ples on a prostitution movie she once acted.
hehehehehehe. Omose xy! That her nick name fits her. Just because she doesnt believe in gender equality she is suddenly a saint. Chai! WOMEN HAVE POWER O. Men can be so gullible!

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Are you trying to put words where there are none?
Who said you should emulate Omotola?

You gave three names, I have told you only one there is worthy of emulation...and you've jumped into Omotola gist again cheesy

Folurunsho Alakija is the only one on your list with a good head on her shoulder, with maturity, and experience in life and marriage.

So you mean you're younger than 1994? grin
No wonder you're also impressionable, just like Emma Watson.

Emulate your mother, is Chimamanda Adichie more of a true African woman than she is?

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

And i asked u a question, can u be as permissive and understanding as omose xy's hubby towards ur own wife? Including being permissive towards her escapades so that u can have a longlasting marriage like omose xy's?

Escapades?
You must have worked as a receptionist in one of the hotels where her escapades was carried out, for you to be fully confident of the info. grin

Since you 'understand' English better, let me ask again.... can't a woman be successful without sleeping with an 'oga at the top?'

My answer lies in my responses to you.

Did Alakija, Iweala, Genevieve, Tara durotoye, Ibukun Awosika etc. all had escapades?

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

see me see wahala? U urself mentioned joke and olu, stillfire provided proof on how their marriage operates and i asked, Nairaland men with ever expanding egos, WHAT SAY U? Simply answer the question and stop beating around the bush! U are here making noise! Kmt.
What say me about Joke Silva's marriage? Is that the question?

Well as a modern man, it's none of my business. cheesy

And this topic isn't about Joke Silva, but about Omotola's opinion - one which seems to be irking the lot of you.

As for making noise, baby girl I'm the mood for some noisemaking - hope there isn't a problem with that?

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Are you trying to put words where there are none?
Who said you should emulate Omotola?

You gave three names, I have told you only one there is worthy of emulation...and you've jumped into Omotola gist again cheesy

Folurunsho Alakija is the only one on your list with a good head on her shoulder, with maturity, and experience in life and marriage.

So you mean you're younger than 1994? grin
No wonder you're also impressionable, just like Emma Watson.

Emulate your mother, is Chimamanda Adichie more of a true African woman than she is?

I love my mother.

I love Chimamanda achievement and personality.

1994? I won't answer again. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

Escapades?
You must have worked as a receptionist in one of the hotels where her escapades was carried out, for you to be fully confident of the info. grin

Since you 'understand' English better, let me ask again.... can't a woman be successful without sleeping with an 'oga at the top?'

My answer lies in my responses to you.

Did Alakija, Iweala, Genevieve, Tara durotoye, Ibukun Awosika etc. all had escapades?
Why feign ignorance whenever a questn as regards cheating in women is asked? Is it that discussing about it gives u high bp or what? Hahahahaha. Gullible lots!

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
justirich:
I don’t believe in gender equality. I do not believe that God made man and woman to be equal in any way. I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other. I believe the husband is the head of the home and the wife is an assistant."

"My husband is a pilot, I have flown with him several times and I understood that here is a captain and a co-pilot. They are both responsible for the passengers’ lives. But when there is a final decision to make, it is up to the captain to make it. He is more experienced and the one with the responsibility.”

“When there is a quarrel, I usually apologise first. He doesn’t say sorry. Overtime, I have come to realise that it is an ego problem. Even when he knows he is wrong, he will rather do every other thing or buy things for me than say, ‘I’m sorry.’ Fortunately, the ‘sorrys’ are not too many. He is very responsible and more hardworking than me. By God’s grace, we have been able to understand our routine.”

Opinion:
Are you surprised that her marriage has lasted so long and will continue forever? I'm not implying that women should be subjugated but most modern ladies try to take the God-given place of their man hence so many crashed marriages nowadays.

Pls drop your concurrences or disagreements below. #1luv

crackhaus, what her statement in bold imply?

Like I always say, I do not really take what they say seriously even when I like their 'personality'

Whatever rocks her boat.

When she released one picture of her in leopard skin, her marriage almost broke with her beating her hubby/hubby beating her (whatever version you want to believe). I remember praying for her home to work and I am glad it did.

If her spewing that men and women not equal is what it took her home to work, good for her.

However, irrespective of whatever she says, I will give her husband real kudos; that man determined to make their home work and it did (from what we can see tongue). In previous interviews, she said so herself.

Once again, kudos to Mr. Ekeinde

@ those mentioning Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, did she not leave her husband in US while she was building her self without minding if the marriage broke or not? undecided

It is well

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

What say me about Joke Silva's marriage? Is that the question?

Well as a modern man, it's none of my business. cheesy

And this topic isn't about Joke Silva, but about Omotola's opinion - one which seems to be irking the lot of you.

As for making noise, baby girl I'm the mood for some noisemaking - hope there isn't a problem with that?
Hahahaha. Its suddenly not ur biz but u raised their issue up. Why didnt u call olu a sissy and that he isnt a true african man?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

I love my mother.

I love Chimamanda achievement and personality.

1994? I won't answer again. grin
Okay last question, how have you been oppressed as a growing young woman in your life so far? grin

In case that might get too personal, have you ever been oppressed by a boy/man?

I have a theory that most if not all the ladies touting feminism and the evils of patriarchy on Nairaland, may have had a terrible experience with men in their lives.

Either this or maybe my original suspicion is right - they're just internet tigers and feminists eager to join the bandwagon.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property. / To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.