Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21897 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 11:29am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Even Lies is bitter. undecided
Na lie, lies dey sweet die cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

You don't need to defend her. She knows exactly what she was saying.
Don't twist the topic either. This is what she meant.

Have you heard omaotola speak? Her English is superb. Stop trying to look for loopholes in her statement.

You must really think you are talking to one of the Nigerian girls you used to played ten ten with in primary school where logic was pretty much nonexistent.
Please let's apply logic here. If you don't believe in gender equality, you have opened a host of ammunition to place you at an unequal balance scale, meaning a man is greater than the woman, and the woman lower than he is. And yes Omotola did not do her research well to know the meaning of gender equality, otherwise she would never ever say such.
Weathering it down with psuedo-conclusions are just dismissive and deceitful acts to shy away from the depth of truth when you conclusively wade off gender equality that the woman is inferior to the man. Only unintelligent women would fall for this deceit.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2014
Buahahahaha, see uproar by angry ladies over Omotola's opinion.
I know it must hurt having someone as successful, recognized all over Africa and in the US, named by time magazine as one of the most influential women in Africa, and to top it off, a family-oriented woman - saying that she doesn't believe in gender equality. cheesycheesy

There's a reason Omotola is one of the few Nigerian actresses who's had a successful and lasting marriage so far, didn't she marry when she was 16 or so? Lol...and y'all are here hating.

How many of you ladies have been able to make a lasting impact in your village? cheesycheesy
Sorry o, Omotola's opinion will trump all of yous put together on any stage - local and international.
What she believes in has obviously worked for her so far and God-willing, it will continue to.

9 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Hahahaha. Omotola role model for ladies? I guess we should emulate her in her runs and s*e*xcapades with some producers. Maybe she and her husband have an 'understanding'. How many of the men here praising her can give their wives the freedom to be this successful, to be actresses, allow men to frolick or fantasize about them s*e*xually? grin grin grin

Hmm.. so, when most women are successful, she must have slept with some 'oga at the top?' abi? could that be said for Genevieve Nnaji, Folorunsho Alakija? I thought it was only guys with this preconceived belief.

Stop giving excuses for your misfortune. I don't need to be told you are a lazy arse, single depressed lady who finds solace in pulling down successful women just to make herself look like the virtuous one.

Any man who gets intimidated or inferior by his wife's success is a weakling and has inferiority complex. Who doesn't want to be associated with success?

7 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

Na lie, lies dey sweet die cheesy

Wait, till I tell a lie against you.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:
Her opinion- Her life.

If I offend my husby, I'll apologise but if he offend me, he's on a long thing.

Only cowards who has no future and think feminity is all about marriage would be scared to divorce.

If really u meant what you said, your type of girls is the reason why I don't want to marry and sadly 95% of present day girl are like you. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:
I know it must hurt having someone as successful, recognized all over Africa and in the US, named by time magazine as one of the most influential women in Africa, and to top it off, a family-oriented woman - saying that she doesn't believe in gender equality. cheesycheesy

There's a reason Omotola is one of the few Nigerian actresses who has had a successful and lasting marriage so far, didn't she marry when she was 16 or so? Lol...and y'all are here hating.

How many of you ladies have been able to make a lasting impact in your village? cheesycheesy
Sorry o, Omotola's opinion will trump all of yous put together on any stage - local and international. What she believes in has obviously worked for her so far and God-willing, it will continue to.

Who recognises Omotola's opinion?
Her opinion is her life and family own.
No one gives a fùck about it.

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

You know NL guys na

I bet you, 90% of them cannot marry or cope with her

marriage with most of these actresses are open marriages. Its a pity people easily get deceived by the hype.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

If really u meant what you said, your type of girls is the reason why I don't want to marry and sadly 95% of present day girl are like you. SMH

Probably, 95% of the present day girls don't give a fùck about marriage.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Hahahaha. Omotola role model for ladies? I guess we should emulate her in her runs and s*e*xcapades with some producers. Maybe she and her husband have an 'understanding'. How many of the men here praising her can give their wives the freedom to be this successful, to be actresses, allow men to frolick or fantasize about them s*e*xually? grin grin grin
Your modernity has suddenly be thrown out the window right? cheesy
Were you not among those on that dress-sense thread lambasting the OP telling him to mind his business and not worry about the lady who was almost exposing her butt-crack and camel toe? grin

What is it to you if she engages in runs and sexcapades, or if men fantasize about her? Modern women mind their business oo.

Besides, it's like you have helped her arrange one of her 'runs' before, this one you're so sure. grin

12 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

There's a reason Omotola is one of the few Nigerian actresses who has had a successful and lasting marriage so far, didn't she marry when she was 16 or so? Lol...and y'all are here hating.

Sorry o, Omotola's opinion will trump all of yous put together on any stage - local and international. What she believes in has obviously worked for her so far and God-willing, it will continue to.

GBAM!!!!!!!!

Of course they won't give give a phuck na, bcz she didn't support them in their lost cause.. They would never read in-between the lines.. If

The earlier all the feminist realise whatever they are after is a lost cause, the better.
Deluded set of low life's championing a white elephant project would only lead to a vicious cycle.

7 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by nickz(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Probably, 95% of the present day girls don't give a fùck about marriage.
gringringringringrin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

Hmm.. so, when most women are successful, she must have slept with some 'oga at the top?' abi? could that be said for Genevieve Nnaji, Folorunsho Alakija? I thought it was only guys with this preconceived belief.

Stop giving excuses for your misfortune. I don't need to be told you are a lazy as.s, single depressed lady who finds solace in pulling down successful women just to make herself look like the virtuous one.

Any man who gets intimidated or inferior by his wife's success is a weakling and has inferiority complex. Who doesn't want to be associated with success?
I can see u dnt understand english. Her success is because her husband is verrrry understanding and permissive. He wants her to take the limelight compared to some of u men that cnt handle the success of a woman. If her husband wasnt this permissive, their marriage wud have packed up. We here dnt know the ins and out of their marriage. But omotola herself is no saint. Marriages with most actresses are open. So just give it to her husband plus her hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by freecocoa(f): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

Your point being what exactly?

Is it normal to go apologizing to someone who offends you?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

I thought you said on Nashville's thread this

crackhaus: Abraham Lincoln said, '...for two different things to be considered completely equal to one another, they must be be equal to the same thing...'

The sexxual, emotional, and physical differences between the sexes make us equal to different things - this is why there is such a thing as 'predominant' gender roles/careers/responsibilities.

However you did misinterpret me, I never said a woman is unequal to a man because of how she reasons - I said a woman is equal to a man on the basis of both being humans, which is just about how equal we can ever get.
The inherent differences between the genders thus make each subject to a different kind of treatment - thinking differently and feeling differently are examples of what make us different.

Since a man and woman can't be equal in all things, then that makes way for inequality - this in turn does not mean one gender is superior to the other, it means we are different and not equal to the same thing except of course as just humans.

With emphasis on the bolded?

Now few threads later, you are agreeing with Omotola?

Yet when I said people who say 'men and women are unequal' mean men are superior, people said it means different

Whatever rocks our boat

The Nigerian society is still volatile so I really do understand her point cheesy

I can say I am the tail, my husband is my lord and still be beating him in our room grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Your modernity has suddenly be thrown out the window right? cheesy
Were you not among those on that dress-sense thread lambasting the OP telling him to mind his business and not worry about the lady who was almost exposing her butt-crack and camel toe? grin

What is it to you if she engages in runs and sexcapades, or if men fantasize about her? Modern women mind their business oo.

Besides, it's like you have helped her arrange one of her 'runs' before, this one you're so sure. grin
Hahahahahaha
ladies, nl men are saying we should see omotola as a role model. Therefore, cheating for married women is allowed. It should be coded as omotola does hers, so far we dnt get caught. What say you?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:
Your point being what exactly?

Is it normal to go apologizing to someone who offends you?

You don't know typical Naija marriages?

LOL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I can see u dnt understand english. Her success is because her husband is verrrry understanding and permissive. He wants her to take the limelight compared to some of u men that cnt handle the success of a woman. If her husband wasnt this permissive, their marriage wud have packed up. We here dnt know the ins and out of their marriage. But omotola herself is no saint. Marriages with most actresses are open. So just give it to her husband plus her hardwork.

Where's that Ilekokonit or something thread about the rules of keeping an 'African man'?

Keep the parts of your body that are meant to be hidden, hidden and not on public display
· Serve as a good role model to his children especially his daughter(s)
· Don’t by your way of life / dressing set bad moral examples for his children especially his daughter(s)
· Don’t stop him from bringing up his children with good old school African values

Buhahaha, Omotola has broken the rule o!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Are you minding them.
Role model kor. gringrin

When there are women of eloquence and substance to be used as a role model, like Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Emma Watson, Folurunsho Alakija etc
Apart from Folurunsho Alakija, which of the other two have had a long-lasting successful marriage?
Folurunsho Alakija is not a feminist.

I also wonder what you seek to learn from Chimamanda Adichie (who wants us all to be feminists), or Emma Watson (the very impressionable young girl who you're probably older than).

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

or Emma Watson (the very impressionable young girl who you're probably older than).

ouch! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by freecocoa(f): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

You don't know typical Naija marriages?

LOL!
Seriously it's annoying and depressing to say the least.

These same ones ranting here won't stick with a woman like Omo T, these men sha don't know what they want.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by iebanehita(m): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

grin grin grin
I can see you understand English... hmm.
Do you, by chance, know me?
How do you know I can't handle the bolded?

You don't know the in's and out's of her marriage, yet you can read it like a book, bcz according to you, her marriage is OPEN? Abi?
Stop being delusional!

6 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Hahahahahaha
ladies, nl men are saying we should see omotola as a role model. Therefore, cheating for married women is allowed. It should be coded as omotola does hers, so far we dnt get caught. What say you?
I'm not part of those saying you should take her as a role model.

I simply asked what your business is with whatever coded thing she does, and how can you be sure of this coded thing ...are you her pi.mp or sister? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Are you minding them.
Role model kor. gringrin

When there are women of eloquence and substance to be used as a role model, like Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Emma Watson, Folurunsho Alakija etc
Omotola has bn known to be saucy and proud. All these interview na wash! They dnt knw what oga pilot has tolerating from her. Omotola's runz na coded but thats their business. Nl men being deceived since 1600 bc.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
See Joke Silva with much more stellar career and much more longer marriage, if not the longest marriage in nollywood

"I'm Not A Cooking Kind Of Woman & My Husband Is Fine With It' - Nollywood Actress, Joke Silva grin grin grin

http://www.naij.com/66593.html

The couple who have been married for 28 years are still very much in love and have remained inseparable.

Veteran actress, Joke Silva in a recent interview with City People magazine talks about why she doesn’t like cooking and how her husband doesn’t mind someone else cooks for him.

“I have never lied about this, I have never been ‘a doing the cooking kind of woman’. When my husband met me, he knew. He was the one who used to do the cooking because he is good at it. I used to do the cooking when I felt like. Sometimes, it comes out to be a huge success and sometimes a failure. Some years ago, I cooked vegetables and it was terrible and my husband is such a gem, he ate it like that. It is not as if my mum didn’t teach me.

For my husband, cooking is a therapy and for me it is a chore and yet he will always tell you that I look after him so much, I do that in other ways. We have somebody who does the cooking. I have taught them to cook the way I like and we have people who do the general cleaning.”
Olu Jacobs obviously doesn’t mind as his love for his wife as remained stronger as he was quoted in an interview saying marrying Joke was the best decision of his life.

5 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

You must really think you are talking to one of the Nigerian girls you used to played ten ten with in primary school where logic was pretty much nonexistent.
So in other words you are saying Nigerian girls in primary school are stupid? I don't think so.

Please let's apply logic here. If you don't believe in gender equality, you have opened a host of ammunition to place you at an unequal balance scale, meaning a man is greater than the woman, and the woman lower than he is.

Once again, her words:

I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other

And yes Omotola did not do her research well to know the meaning of gender equality, otherwise she would never ever say such.
She simply explained it based on the way she saw society (especially women) interpreting it. I see you quickly browsed Google to get the definition of gender equality, however the way you women portray it and carry on about it is not in any way reflective of the definition. You ladies feminists throw it in the face of every and any man the moment you want things to go your way. If a woman hits a man the man should be understanding, if a man hits a woman he should be crucified. Feminist hypocrisy has been their worst enemy since inception.

Weathering it down with psuedo-conclusions are just dismissive and deceitful acts to shy away from the depth of truth when you conclusively wade off gender equality that the woman is inferior to the man. Only unintelligent women would fall for this deceit.
You are the one bringing deciet into this matter. Show me where she said a woman was inferior to a man.

Intelligent women will see the wisdom in what she has said and use it to their advantage in managing their lives and their homes. Unintelligent women will keep being bitter and single and seeing attacks where there is none.

6 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

I'm not part of those saying you should take her as a role model.

I simply asked what your business is with whatever coded thing she does, and how can you be sure of this coded thing ...are you her pi.mp or sister? cheesy
dnt worry we will her coded runz. I just the way some of these women deceive u men successfully. Omose xy u rock! Muaah!
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:
Seriously it's annoying and depressing to say the least.

These same ones ranting here won't stick with a woman like Omo T, these men sha don't know what they want.

You dey mind them

You need to read treads about her

It is we 'feminists' that will be supporting her and wishing her well while they will be ranting how she is not a good wife, how she doesnot have time for her kids, etc. especially when she started her reality show

Besides, she earns way more than her hubby and this might just be a trick to make him happy

I like her very much anyways
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Wait, till I tell a lie against you.
I meant a lie is sweet for the person who tells it, not the one who received it.
Truth however is usually difficult to swallow but worth it on the long run.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:
See Joke Silva with much more stellar career and much more longer marriage, if not the longest marriage in nollywood

"I'm Not A Cooking Kind Of Woman & My Husband Is Fine With It' - Nollywood Actress, Joke Silva grin grin grin

http://www.naij.com/66593.html

The couple who have been married for 28 years are still very much in love and have remained inseparable.

Veteran actress, Joke Silva in a recent interview with City People magazine talks about why she doesn’t like cooking and how her husband doesn’t mind someone else cooks for him.

“I have never lied about this, I have never been ‘a doing the cooking kind of woman’. When my husband met me, he knew. He was the one who used to do the cooking because he is good at it. I used to do the cooking when I felt like. Sometimes, it comes out to be a huge success and sometimes a failure. Some years ago, I cooked vegetables and it was terrible and my husband is such a gem, he ate it like that. It is not as if my mum didn’t teach me.

For my husband, cooking is a therapy and for me it is a chore and yet he will always tell you that I look after him so much, I do that in other ways. We have somebody who does the cooking. I have taught them to cook the way I like and we have people who do the general cleaning.”
Olu Jacobs obviously doesn’t mind as his love for his wife as remained stronger as he was quoted in an interview saying marrying Joke was the best decision of his life.

Bone all these people cheesy

I heard Joke gets girls for Olu Jacobs to sleep with while they are both taking serious 'Igbo'
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

Who recognises Omotola's opinion?
Her opinion is her life and family own.
No one gives a fùck about it.
Errr, obviously Time Magazine recognizes her, her work,and her opinions.
Being named there on any list does not come easy.

Please tell us another story cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
iebanehita:

grin grin grin
I can see you understand English... hmm.
Do you, by chance, know me?
How do you know I can't handle the bolded?

You don't know the in's and out's of her marriage, yet you can read it like a book, bcz according to you, her marriage is OPEN? Abi?
Stop being delusional!
Chai! I looooove omose xy! She knows how to rock life like a single lady. Her hubby is awesome! E get e own escapades while omose xy get her own. All these trips around the world u think men no dey follow am up and down so tey she snap 4 red carpet with a fellow who had his hand on her a$$! That a$$ which mam no go fantasize about that a$$? Wonderful understanding they've got i tell ya! U see the way she dresses? Will u allow ur wife dress like that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / Prophet Ajanaku's Family Eject Wife From His Property.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.