Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan (41183 Views)

Produce And Sell Your Palm Kernel Oil To Vegetable Oil Refinery / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / Nigeria Government Approves N13bn For Rice, Cassava Mills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Rachygee(f): 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
na only commision,the once u have is nt well mentained
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by wapbazecom(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
thi is absolutely rubbish
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by rodeo0070(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
I always love good news like this. Employment opportunities are created yet people are saying all sorts of rubbish. Instead of people to be happy, they keep bashing one another, especially if such news is coming from South west (Oyo and Ogun to be specific)
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by MAYOWAAK: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
APCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by ziky2010(m): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
perfectcrush:
That oil refinery will be no more wen he leaves power, trust naija, d next governor will abandon it and face his own agenda, instead of improving and workin on the already existin projects,,,, naija politicians and their black heart.... smh 4 wasted fundz
It is owned by flour mills of nig.plc not the state government so there is no way they are going to stop producing oil

2 Likes

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Exponental(m): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
we shld understand dat capital projects take time before commissioning, so if APC commissions a PDP initiative program, we shld appreciate d initiator n d one who completes it too cos many projects are abandoned n wat d masses want is good governance irrespective of party title.

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by atiku07(m): 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
But u never answered his question u only ended up insulting him smsh.....

ZUBY77:

So how come investors are coming to only APC governed States?
I would love you to answer that question.
Who said investors comes to the APC States only?

This shallow reasoning is why your kind will never leave the comfort of his head to look beyond stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by eleko1: 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Deadly punch.Yes those slowpoke think awkwardly.They are anti progress.Awon oniranu deede : ;DD ;DD grin ;DD
dhammyg:

IGNORE HIM HE IS A *TANist* THEY DON'T REASON NORMALLY cheesygringringrin
grin

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by deletrue: 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Goddex:
APC like taking glory where they did not sow. GEJ and FG (Olusegun Aganga in partucular) completely labour tirelessly to attract investment and suddenly APC governors show up attempting to take the glory.

The other day, Amosun had to jump up announcing about auto-makers siting plants in Ogun even when it was obvious he didn't know a thing about their coming

For the records, Flour Mills of Nig Plc moved into Ibadan way back Alao Akala's (of PDP) time. They set up the flour milling plant along Lagos -Ibadan expressway toll gate, commissioned it and put it to use while construction work on the edible oil was ongoing. Ajimobi was still in the senate then and does not know anything about their coming
Can you imagine this? Thanks for timely response. That is how they keep deceiving those outside that state. Very stupit governors.

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
bigtt76:
Mtscheeeeeeew!
i see that you are already high on weed. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Omo ibadan kini show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Aderostock(m): 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
ZUBY77:

So how come investors are coming to only APC governed States?
I would love you to answer that question.
Who said investors comes to the APC States only?

This shallow reasoning is why your kind will never leave the comfort of his head to look beyond stupidity.
We don't have to travel in this global village we are. Now list the investments in other PDP states
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Kimoni: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
felifeli:

Foolish man. The mills at expressway is Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills and it is owned by Chagoury Group not Nigeria Flour Mills tongue tongue

It was founded by the Chagoury brothers alright but ownership structure has since changed. It is now a subsidiary of Flour Mills.

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
And yet they won't recruit.......or make dem do under G recruitment.....dia ris godu o ;DAnd yet they won't recruit.......or make dem do under G recruitment.....dia ris godu o
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
i tink say na crude oil na
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by nigerianvenom(m): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
ntyce:

Even-though you dont deserve a reply, I will oblige you one.

Will GEJ/Aganga have preferred the investors in APC or PDP states?
Why was it not sited in Ondo, ekiti or any other PDP state?

Bro, the states lobbied the investors, created the enabling environment which others states couldn't.

i would have ignored u,but ignoring u will increase ur ignorance the more.
when GEJ sited the federal uni in ekiti,was it a PDP state?
the railway built across lagos,kwara and co,are they all in PDP states?
the almajiri school built across the north,are they all in PDP state?
stop exhibiting ur ignorance

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by frank442: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
PDP. APC. They are the same but one is better

Go to ebonyi delta niger and benue. Compare to lagos. Ogun osun and Oyo

The different is cleari in governace and infastructure

2 Likes

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by omololu2020(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Yes o! When it's good news in any part of Nigeria, they'll tell us that GEJ has nothing to do with it. But when it's bad news, they'll tell us that the Buck stops at GEJ's table as the president. Who is fooling who?
when will we start hearing good news in bama,gwoza,vimtim etc,,wen will bomb stop exploadin in nigeria.
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by PEREP: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Gbawe:

This clown again? Your clannish/ethno-religious worship of GEJ and bad belle for the SW never takes a break?

@Topic.

Good development. Nigerians are simply too emotional to see what matters. If you are a businessman from Turkey or Belgium looking to invest in Nigeria, as someone with no ties to any ethnic group or State thus forced to rely on events and realities on the ground, what option will you have other than to settle on an APC-controlled State because of their innovative and proactive approach to attracting FDI and making their environment one within which business/trading can be run with as little hassle as possible?

As an example, when Amosun came in as governor of Ogun State I was the first on Nairaland to praise his "one stop" business shop aimed at giving potential investors a destination for their enquiries and FAQs (frequently asked questions) because I appreciated, first hand, how difficult it is to attempt doing business in Nigerian. Amosun worked to demolish bottlenecks others had created because they were obsessed with profit for themselves rather than working in the best interest of their State. Today, it is the deliberate efforts of APC administrators to make their States conducive destination for business, industry and commerce that has culminating in APC States becoming the destination of choice for serious and discerning investors. Nigerians should learn to say the truth and shame the devil. If Nigerians follow what truly matters, in the quest to hold leaders accountable and thus ensure they deliver, then it will easy to see the leaders who delivers on their promises and to note, in contrast, those doing absolutely nada.

https://www.nairaland.com/1342547/ogun-state-gov-ibikunle-amosun

Gbawe wrote:

https://www.nairaland.com/1385731/35-new-firms-open-business
Gbawe wrote:

https://www.nairaland.com/757476/ogun-targets-10000-industries/1

Gbawe wrote:

Lagos, Ogun and Ibadan have some advantages due to developments as a result of Federal Capital before IBB moved the seat of government to Abuja.

As a businessman, cosmopilitan cities like Lagos is a better option and most especially for existing infrastructure which can support business.

Ogun state has overtaken Lagos in terms of industrialization as factories in Lagos are been turned to worship centres. It is not because of Power alone because Ogun state and Oyo state are also in Nigeria and many run personal power generation System but the business climate in Lagos is just too harsh.

With Ondo state holding the Dangote Refineries and other investments that will go into Bitumen, more development will come in that corridor.

On this matter, flour Mills and BAT moved to Ibadan in 2003 and a PDP govt was in power then. The new commissioning is as a result of expansion.

Rather than looking for who to give glory, let's recount this as one of the many things that has happened to Nigeria since 1999 rather than the sweeping statement (like, there is nothing on ground, we are worse than 1999, we are taking steps backward, we have been retrogressing and the like) just because of 2015.

For me, we built the service sector during Obj but at the saturation of the banks and Telecoms, the job opportunities declined but we are currently building capacity in real sector (power generation turbine plants been built by GE in Calabar, rice mill plants of Abakaliki & more, refineries under construction by Dangote, Cement factories by Dangote, Steel mills (Ajaokuta steel has been re-invented), Plastic industries along Agbara Ogun State, Railways, Automobile factories of Stallione groups among others, Pharmaceutical Companies in Nigeria now certified by WHO to produce drugs that can be sold in the international Market and many more)

One thing is sure, we are so far from where we started in 1999.

Nigeria is moving despite all the daunting challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
These people have taken their love for edible oil to a while new level.
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by laurel03(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
PDP and APC are just d same... d diff is just d logo..

1 Like

Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by eleko1: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
sad sad sadMba!The won't do such,they'll instead carted away our money to foreign land in the name of buying arms.Useless PDP
Arch1:
when will gej bring foreign investors to Taraba and Kebbi state? Both are PDP states and they need FDI's too
sad
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by felifeli: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Kimoni:

It was founded by the Chagoury brothers alright but ownership structure has since changed. It is now a subsidiary of Flour Mills.

Ode ni e forever . angry angry
You are talking about an entirely different project , abi you no get common sense? Okay I will spell it one by one.
1. ROM is owned by Flour Mills of Nigeria
2. Eagle flour is owned by Chagoury

Se you now understand or wahala dey ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
ziky2010:

Who is decieving who?ever since ajimobi became d governor,things av gon from good to worse in oyo state
. what an slowpoke,.. from good to bad.. do you even live in Ibadan? what a TAN state of mind.

#fool

Na thunder go fire you if you qoute me enenmy of progress

# I wish I can see you face to face rite now..

***modified***

abeg Na who dey edit my comment, I dey write my comment with anger you dey edit am.. you dey craze?

Na i mbe cile I write no be slowpoke...

you can ban me for all I care..
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by eaccyboy(m): 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
Correct..recruitment shld strt so dat Chemist cn strt Extraction and physicochemical analysis of the raw materials wink
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
dhammyg:

QUIT DISPLAYING UR STUPIDITY ON THIS THREAD.IT IS NOT APC's FAULT THAT MOST PDP STATES DO NOT ATTRACT INVESTMENT tongue

How many new investment has edo, imo kwara, sokoto, attracted. These APC states living on the proximity of lagos claiming glory ova what they neva sowed.
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Kimoni: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
felifeli:

Ode ni mi forever . angry angry
You are talking about an entirely different project , abi you no get common sense? Okay I will spell it one by one.
1. ROM is owned by Flour Mills of Nigeria
2. Eagle flour is owned by Chagoury

Se you now understand or wahala dey ? grin grin grin grin

You are a wasted brain. This is why guys like you stay on the same level forever without promotion. I manage this company and other flour milling business in Nigeria. I am industry expert.

Your future is very bleak if you continue to argue senselessly with people more knowledgeable than you are.
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by muh4lyf(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
I think this is better than Ekiti style stomach infrastructure and Akwa Ibom Stadium that add no value to my an average akwa ibomite talking of misplaced priorities.

God bless you,I kept on asking myself what the people of akwa ibom is gonna do with a stadium,but the stupid Nigerian mentality won't let us reason. It's only a country or state that had satisfied it people almost perfectly that does that. Take china for example,when they were almost satisfied with what they had done for their people,they decided to develop their sports. It's not so here in Nigeria. The most annoying part is our so called president commssioning the stadium like it's success when we all know that he is a failure. There is nothing to celebrate in a nation where there is pannick and killings...
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Kimoni: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
latifatai:
No need fighting over the true ownership of Nigerian Eagle Flour Mills, it's a subsidiary of Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, bought over from the Chagoury Group. Look out for the Golden Penny Logo on the Eagle Sack. Same goes for Rom Oil. The FMN group is growing and consuming smaller companies that can not cope with the competition. There is therefore no political attachment to the true ownership.

Maybe the silly guy felifeli arguing with me up there can read this and learn. Coming online with empty brains to spew thrash.
Re: Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
rodeo0070:
I always love good news like this. Employment opportunities are created yet people are saying all sorts of rubbish. Instead of people to be happy, they keep bashing one another, especially if such news is coming from South west (Oyo and Ogun to be specific)

Nobody does not like good news but when ppl start to politicize it then it gets everyone starred up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Disabled Man Working On His Rice Farm In Zamfara (Photos) / Contemporary Step-by-step Guide To Non-oil Products Export Business / My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.