Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex (7662 Views)

Breaking!! Check Out Buhari Latest Picture Fully Dress In Coat And Tie(pics) / Latest Picture Of Gej / Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
the greater PH project is taking shape gradually. i wish the next governor will follow this through for the next 8 years. i hope amaechi and the rivers assembly have put in place a rock solid legislation to protect this project.
the masterplan has to be followed to the tee. we need regulation in PH.we need order.

this is why when i see wike talk on TV,i am almost moved to tears. moved to tears because our useless system presents such people to lead us.
wike who swore to burn down the banana plantation in tai because hes not intelligent enough to see the benefits dof that project.

how can i vote wike when its obvious he will abandon most of the solid projects in the state because of gross corruption and myopia.

your campaign is in vain you know it, I know it, Rivers state people know it. Rivers Is A PDP state, no matter the kind of lies you APC fan and Gov. Amaechi tell, come 2015 a New PDP governor will be sworn into the rivers state government house as Governor. And All the good works that PDP started under Amaechi will be completed. Since the gov. joined APC he has become insane and stopped delivering projects to the citizens. No matter how loud you scream this fact is not lost on the people of rivers state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
megaik:

Bros I think you are a confused man. Also you don't like progress. You are one of those people that cant be pleased no matter what!
You're only a good judge on ur matter...
I no go waste my MB on you. bye

1.i didnt post that. a friend of mine on facebook did. obviously you didnt read the article undecided undecided undecided
2.why not pick each point he raised and argue logically against them?

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardywaltz:
Adokiye Amesimaka Sports complex 95% loading...
It's always difficult getting pictures of Amaechi's projects coz according to him only failures need to advertise their works if the masses can't see it then there's no need putting on the billboards..

the bolded is what many nigerians dont get. commissioning, IMHO is a totally unecessary function. as a leader,do projects for your people and open them for use without any fanfare. this is one reason i rate chime of enugu very very highly. no hype! little wonder he is the best governor in the south east.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
ujoinme:

your campaign is in vain you know it, I know it, Rivers state people know it. Rivers Is A PDP state, no matter the kind of lies you APC fan and Gov. Amaechi tell, come 2015 a New PDP governor will be sworn into the rivers state government house as Governor. And All the good works that PDP started under will be completed. Since the gov. joins APC he has become insane and stoped delivering projects to the citizens. No matter how loud you scream this fact is not lost to the people of rivers state.

ujoinme,abeg you are too mature for this kind of post o jare undecided undecided undecided

you think i bloody care which party the next governor comes from i dont! just give me a solid individual and ill vote him.
my best governors cut across all the parties

amaechi
fashola
chime
kwankwaso
akpabio
oshiobaba

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by amarilo: 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Can somebody tell me why APC cannot give a performing Gov like Amaechi the presidential ticket.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by amarilo: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
this post is from a friend of mine who lives in the UK. he raises some pertinent questions.thought i'd share it here. enjoy!
the bolded(the last paragraph) really got me thinking.. undecided undecided

The New Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Worthwhile Venture or Needless Ego Trip?

First off, let me admit that it will be worthy of note that the current Governor of Akwa-Ibom state, Goodwill Akpabio will be leaving his state more beautiful than he met it in 2007. He embarked on numerous utility and beautification projects that will leave many to argue he is not your average governor. True, I know Akwa-Ibom state has earned a lot since Oil broke through the $15 per barrel ceiling over a decade ago, and it will be difficult to place his absolute/actual performance in the face of all the national sleaze going on.

It will be difficult to say how Mr. A managed $1,000 for instance when $500 gets stolen and he is able to invest the remaining $500 compared with Mr. B who had only $300 for starters. So, for all we know, Akpabio's achievements may be an illusion of performance when relativity is taken into account, but no doubt, he has been able to put some of it into good use, and his sins may not be as obvious as those who despite their very low allocations used theirs for building Mosques and carrying out Mass weddings.

As regards the stadium, I notice some singing his praises, while some question the rationale behind such venture. I will pitch tent with the latter, and while I will not deliberate Akpabio's performance as a whole, will offer insight into how we are supposed to reason as a people and call those ruling us into account at every turn.

1..Yes, Nigeria is a sports loving nation, but we do not have the kind of sports industry that can CONSISTENTLY sustain investment in sports. No nation grappling with back breaking poverty can ever have a profitable sports industrial machine. Winning International trophies is different from having a home-grown, self-sustaining sports industry. Ask England, the nation with about the most publicised and most profitable league on the globe, but has not won a world cup since 1966, or any trophy of note in a long while.

2. Even in countries with super-leagues and sports systems, Public built and funded stadia are seen as a waste of funds. Remember the riots in Brazil prior to the last world cup? Brazil is a country far richer than Nigeria, with a higher GDP, higher Per Capita, and much larger economy (larger than the UK, and currently world's number 7). Yet many Brazilians felt it was unwise expending such on stadia, despite the fact that the same facilities will be used in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016.

3. Have we not learnt from the past? We spent over 60 billion naira building the stadium in Abuja for the COJA Games in 2003. The stadium became overgrown with weeds shortly after. Even today, NOBODY can really fathom what can be done to bring the stadium to profitability. I am not sure the stadium has made a tenth of what it was built with, over a decade later.

So you see, unless there is a miraculous wand Akpabio is going to wave, that stadium is going to be more of a drain than otherwise, unless my Akwa-Ibom brothers tell me they are more than satisfied that the feeling of owning a world class stadium is much better than the opportunity cost that the money would have found use for. As per opportunity cost, while I am a Nigerian in diaspora and cannot start counting how much has been invested in Education, Roads, Health care and the like, I am sure there are many worth-while projects that 39 billion naira could have finished from scratch, within the incumbents tenure.

1. Unless you want to tell me every house-hold in Akwa-Ibom can boast of clean water, 39 billion can construct a full-fledged water treatment plant that can serve millions.

2. The last time I checked, power generation was on the concurrent list, which means state governments can actually build power stations. At the very least, Uyo can be pulled off the national grid and a 500MW station built to serve the state capital. 39 billion naira, or slightly more, can easily achieve this.

3. We complain we do not refine enough Crude for our local consumption. What stops the administration from partnering to build a refinery that will serve not only the local populace, but environs while raking in very large profits?

I have not even mentioned Housing, Rural road network, Agriculture and many other areas. These projects will be self-sustaining, not only because they are sensible, but because they serve the very basis of the populace needs. It is for this same reason, with all its epileptic service, the telecoms industry still remains alive today. It serves a basic need. Electricity is a basic need. Water is a basic need. Fuel is a basic need. Any investment channelled to these areas will be self-maintaining, generate profit (especially with private-partnership), while easing the lives of the average citizen. A stadium? Apart from crusades that will be few and far between, occasional matches and a very high over-head maintenance ( a culture which we are yet to imbibe even in more crucial areas ), that stadium may face the same fate as the National Stadium in Surulere, the Teslim Balogun Stadium just opposite, The Abuja Stadium, and wait for it.......yes, the stadium in Athens, Greece which hosted the 2004 Olympics, currently over-grown with weeds. The argument is also not helped by the allegation that Akpabio is actually planning to name the stadium after himself.

P:S- If it is actually true that a modern stadium, with all the amenities and the like was built with 39 billion naira in 2014, why the hell did they need 60 billion to build Abuja stadium in 2003, over 10 years ago?
Now I understand you and your friend, Uyo stadium is a worthless venture while PH sport complex is a worthwhile venture. Please can you put down the name of the writer.

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardywaltz:
Adokiye Amesimaka Sports complex 95% loading...
It's always difficult getting pictures of Amaechi's projects coz according to him only failures need to advertise their works if the masses can't see it then there's no need putting on the billboards..

Stop telling us the percentage of completion, Just post the current pictures and we will tell you how far the Amaechi has gone with the project. Why did he host the APC rally at an incomplete stadium, exposing innocent citizens to the hazard of falling debris and construction site dangers?

As per not commissioning things the truth is Amaechi has not completed anything cutting edge that warrants commisioning . The few worthwhile project he completed like the model schools and health centres were in his first term while he was in PDP and sane, and since joining APC non of the remaing schools have been completed all the major road and bridge projects abandoned.

Amaechi is a sucker for publicity i bet you if he had something worth commisioning he would do it. I dare him to complete the mono rail and or this stadium.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Trendy247: 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
NA WAO... TOO MANY PILLARS IN THE STADIUM ABEG, IT LOOKS LOCAL TO ME COS DATS THE FIRST STADIUM AV SEEN WITH SUCH NUMBER OF PILLARS.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
note the bolded!!

17th National Sports Festival: The Story of Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium Complex

When Rivers State won the rights to host the 17th edition of the National Sports Festival, NSF in 2009, it nursed the dream to stage the biennial fiesta in a one stadium complex, where all the events would hold within the same environment.

According to authorities then, it would serve to give the fiesta the compactness of the Olympics, enhance the integration of the Nigerian youths and take the spirit of the game and athletes to a very good level.

Also, the dream of a one venue sports festival with ultra modem world class facilities tallied with the vision of Rivers State Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, for a new Port Harcourt City replete with first class infrastructure.

Furthermore, the need for a befitting sports facility that will provide the opportunity for sporting activities and recreation for the new Port Harcourt City, known as the Greater Port Harcourt City combined to influence the choice of the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium complex between the Igwurita, Aluu, Omagwa axis of the Greater Port Harcourt City.

[b]A virgin land in Igwuruta was the choice for the Garden City Sports Complex. The facility is positioned on a 42-hectre piece of land within Rivers State’s new mega city, Greater Port Harcourt.

The sports arena comprises a 25 thousand seating capacity Stadium which is going to be the second largest fully covered main bowl in Nigeria when completed. Being constructed by Deux Nig Ltd, the stadium was proposed to be used for the opening ceremony but will not be used because project is still under construction.

The five thousand seating capacity natural grass football arena with eight synthetic track lanes, that will boost most of the field events such as the track and field sports was also built by Deux .

Deux handled the construction of the entire playing surfaces project such as the lawn tennis (2), volley ball (2), basket ball (2), hand ball (2), hockey (2), squash (4) indoor sports hall and a 50, 25, and 10 metre shooting range all built according to international regulations and standard has an average seating capacity of 800 on each court.

The arena has four Olympic size pools, two 50 by 25 metres swimming pools and two 15 by 25 metrres diving pools built according to international Olympic standard. The pools are built by Veltrop Nig Ltd and Vast Int.

Explaining the working of the pools, VAST International Nig. Manager, Mr Obiora Okoya, said there are three components of the pool; the Swimming Pool, the Balance Standard and the Technical Room.

The 10 lane swimming pool described as one of the best in Africa, contains the water were athletes can compete. The pool is surrounded by gutters with pipe connections underground into the Balance Standard.

A view of the underground Balance Stand is in the technical room, the Balance Stand, absorbs water from the pool to avoid overflow of pool water irrespective of the number of people in the pool at the same time. Through the underground pipes in the gutters surrounding the pool, pool water is transferred into the balance standard to maintain the stability of the pool water.

The Technical Room is the heart of the pool. Automatically aided by the pipes and tanks, the plant has the capability to automatically transfer water either from overflow or normal filtration process in Balance Tank to the Fibre Glass Filtration Tanks in the technical room.

Inside the filtration tanks, there are three compartments of filters. The smallest filter is at the top with a medium one and larger one at the bottom. Once water from balance tank gets into the filtration tank, the sand inside the tank holds back the dirt at each compartment before moving the water to another compartment of tanks and valves back to the pool clean and sparkling.

The process repeats itself over once electricity is supplied. The facility also has the capacity to ensure chemical treatment by automatically giving right dosage of chlorine, ph balance + and ph-.

The swimming pool site gallery seating about 1200 people also has compartments for team rooms, referee changing rooms and clinic.

The Garden City Sports Complex also boost of a mini standard clinic to provide immediate medical services for athletes and officials. Administration block, Stadium Manager Quarters, security maintenance quarters and four public toilets around the centre comprised of eight toilets.
[/b]
The facility is built by COSPEC who only came on board in March 2011 because of the inability of previous contractor to deliver the project before the start of the festival.

The road construction around the centre is being handled by CICO Deux Nig Ltd handling major projects on the site is directed by Dr Walter Olatunde a Medical Doctor turned Engineer who brings in the softness of medical practice to the turf surface of engineering under the burning sun as most of the other contractors testified of Deux understanding and good relationship.

Deux have carried out major works in different part of the Nation before taking on the Garden City Sports Complex project.

Despite their experiences and proof of professional competence, the terrain proved challenging for Deux like all other contractors also complained of the terrain of consistent rain. According to Dr Walter, the consistent rain, flood and marshy ground slowed the project.

Deux has the highest number of employees including permanent and casual staff at a range of about three thousand persons. Expressing excitement to be a part of the Garden City Games 2011 and the light and opportunity the project has brought to the Igwuruta community and its surrounding.

VAST Intrn. Nig and VEL TROP Nig Ltd built the pools, each company on one swimming pool and diving pool on the same spec. VAST International Nig CENT ARC “Design Associate is the Consulting firm to Rivers State Government. The site Engineer is Engr. Isa Mohammed. The full work began in 2009 because of previous movement from two other sites allocated to the project.

The rainy terrain was emphasized as a major constraint to work progress. However, in about one year of work progress, the consultant affirmed the State Government, Ministry of Sports and the contractors, were up and doing to put in their best to deliver the project before the beginning of the National Sports Festival.

Engr. Isa said Rivers people especially people of Igwuruta and surrounding communities have acquired much skills through the project, stating that many workers who did not have a good knowledge of the their peculiar skills have not only improved on the job but have upgraded their skills to international standard working level because all the projects are of international standard while others have learnt project management and administration.

The Garden City Sports Complex completion empowered about five thousand permanent and casual workers.

Apparently, the choice of the name of the Complex was an effort to celebrate and recognize one of the illustrious sons of the state, Chief Adokiye Amiesimaka, MON, JP, a football administrator, an ex-international, who excelled in the national team, the Green Eagles in the 1970s and 80s.

By the name, it is expected that youths of the state and beyond, seeing Amiesikaka as a role model will be motivated to use the facility to develop and exploit their talent.

Having identified the site, it was handed over to the contractors, Deux Project, for the realization of the impressive facilities that are billed to host most of the 17th NSF events.

According to the Project Director of Deux Projects, Dr. Walter Olatunde, the site which was identified and chosen because it aligned with the master plan of the Greater Port Harcourt City was handed over to the company in April, 2010.

However, the site was not ready for work until June same year when Deux Project mobilised to site.

It has been a project that tasked the technical ability and ingenuity of the contractors as they tried to over come the challenges posed by the terrain.

“The terrain has been very very challenging”, said Dr Olatunde. “The condition of the soil was very difficult to deal with. It was a virgin land, fertile for planting and not solid or ideal for heavy construction work. Water and soil mixed to make the place muddy and difficult for us”, he explained of the major challenges they faced trying to deliver the stadium complex on time.

Also, the weather condition in the state, especially, the rains were a natural phenomenon that the contractors found difficult to deal with.

But special construction skills, suited to the weather and terrain of the area made it possible for them to make progress within the time.

“Though it has been very challenging; we have coped very well to make progress as you can see”. Said the Project Director.

“We employed special skills and machinery to cope with and over come the challenges, that is why you are seeing the impressive results barely one year after”.

“We are expecting that all the facilities will be ready this weekend before Rivers State hosts the nation. We have worked day and night to endure the completion of the projects.

“We have the capacity to ensure that the facilities for the games are ready. The facilities are world class and we want to showcase the site”.

“All the facilities are ready except the mainbowl which cannot be ready for the festival, the work to be done there is beyond the time line for the festival, said the Director.

Consequently, athletes are assured of the use of world class swimming pools, basketball courts, handball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, hockey pitch, tracks for athletics and terraces for spectators.

Indeed, the Adokiye Amiesimaka stadium complex is a statement in infrastructure development which will certainly bring fresh developmental angles to the state.

source
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:

ujoinme,abeg you are too mature for this kind of post o jare undecided undecided undecided

you think i bloody care which party the next governor comes from i dont! just give me a solid individual and ill vote him.
my best governors cut across all the parties

amaechi
fashola
chime
kwankwaso
akpabio
oshiobaba

you can switch your user name from Agbaworo to Abagoro to phantom or what ever you like but i know what you are about. you cant live down the fact that gov. Akpabio Achievement has dealt a big blow to the APC narrative. thats why several threads have been created to discredit his achievment and there is a bevy of online action to undermine his achievment including the silly write up you posted on this thread.
Am suprised your principal Okorocha did not make your list , maybe an oversight. lol shocked

Well i can assure you that Akpabio has not started commissioning yet, The two internationally branded hotels Hilton garden inn uyo and Four points by Sheraton is opening its doors january 15, 2015. 428 bed 20th anniversary specialist hospital complete with nursing and allied health school will be commissioned by Dec this year and many more are coming. APC ain't seen anything yet. grin

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by abagoro(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
ujoinme:

you can switch your user name from Agbaworo to Abagoro to phantom or what ever you like but i know what you are about. you cant live down the fact that gov. Akpabio Achievement has dealt a big blow to the APC narrative. thats why several threads have been created to discredit his achievment and there is a bevy of online action to undermine his achievment including the silly write up you posted on this thread.
Am suprised your principal Okorocha did not make your list , maybe an oversight. lol shocked

Well i can assure you that Akpabio has not started commissioning yet, The two internationally branded hotels Hilton garden inn uyo and Four points by Sheraton is opening its doors january 15, 2015. The 20th anniversarry hospital will be completed by Dec this year and many more are comming. APC ain't seen anything yet.

Akpabio wasted 7 years of highest allocation in Nigeria while majority of the State is without road, water and health care facilities. No massive education campaign to reduce the Ekaette and Akpan syndrome. Building of Uyo major roads and Stadium is making you compare him with a man that came facing security challenges and militancy syndrome. Amaechi has turned Rivers people to businessmen, farmers, academicians etc. and has invested massively in education and health. He constructed much more roads quietly and is still busy with a lot till today. Keep on living in fools paradise.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
ujoinme:
I dare gov. Ameachi and APC to complete this stadium!lol Maybe now that he has seen Akpabio complete his in style he will do it, I Hope and pray that he completes it, But going by his track record since joining APC it is highly unlikely.
Magnus Abe, the next governor will complete it.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
ujoinme:

Well i can assure you that Akpabio has not started commissioning yet, The two internationally branded hotels Hilton garden inn uyo and Four points by Sheraton is opening its doors january 15, 2015. 428 bed The 20th anniversarry specialist hospital complete with nursing and allied health school will be comissioned by Dec this year and many more are comming. APC ain't seen anything yet. grin

when a 'supposedly' intelligent individual like you begins to go down the line of the bolded like the dregs of nairaland,then you have nothing more to offer. undecided undecided
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
ujoinme:

Well i can assure you that Akpabio has not started commissioning yet, The two internationally branded hotels Hilton garden inn uyo and Four points by Sheraton is opening its doors january 15, 2015. 428 bed The 20th anniversarry specialist hospital complete with nursing and allied health school will be comissioned by Dec this year and many more are comming. APC ain't seen anything yet. grin

@bolded..... are hotels people oriented projects? or is akpabio seeing a future where prostitution becomes a money spinner for the state? grin

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
These projects are ugly. There is absolutely nothing to write home about here.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by hardywaltz(m): 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
[quote author=ujoinme post=27869375]

Stop telling us the percentage of completion, Just post the current pictures and we will tell you how far the Amaechi has gone with the project. Why did he host the APC rally at an incomplete stadium, exposing innocent citizens to the hazard of falling debris and construction site dangers?

As per not commissioning thing the truth is Amaechi has not completed anything cutting edge that warrants commisioning . The few worthwhile project he completed like the model schools and health centres were in his first term while he was in PDP and sanLo e, and since joining APC non of the remaing schools have been completed all the major road and bridge projects abandoned.

Amaechi is a sucker for publicity i bet you if he had something worth commisioning he would do it. I dare him to complete the mono rail or this stadium. [/quotes]

Don't u guys get tired of all these noise about him not doing anything since he joined APC, I'm sure by the time he finishes the Elelewon - YKC - Slaughter - Transamadi - Garrison road or the Iwofe road u guys will claim it was when he was in PDP.
I hate liars..

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Symphony007: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nigerians are a bunch of fools who deserve their leaders and all the maltreatment mated out to them. Keep cheering on the building of stadiums and other rubbish to satisfy some idiotic ego. While some communities in a state like akwa ibom who spends billions are drinking water from oil spill pouted streams and rivers. Keep fooling yourselves Nigerians!!!
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Trendy247: 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Symphony007:
Nigerians are a bunch of fools who deserve their leaders and all the maltreatment mated out to them. Keep cheering on the building of stadiums and other rubbish to satisfy some idiotic ego. While some communities in a state like akwa ibom who spends billions are drinking water from oil spill pouted streams and rivers. Keep fooling yourselves Nigerians!!!
THE FACT IS THAT ALL THE POLITICIANS IN NIGERIA ARE THIEVES, SO WHETHER STADIUMS ARE BUILT OR NOT, MONEY MUST BE EMBEZZLED... SO WHICH DO U PREFER?
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by OAUTemitayo: 10:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Symphony007:
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ahaika23: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
I notice una no de gree snap the pitch for Amaechi stadium. It's either the pitch de fear una camera or na d camera de fear the pitch.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2014
phantom:

@bolded..... are hotels people oriented projects? or is akpabio seeing a future where prostitution becomes a money spinner for the state? grin

Am perparing you for what is to come in a few months so you and your fellow APC touts can start now to gather materials to attack Akpabio like what you guys are doing on this thread and several others you have opened. While Akpabio is busy building APC is busy blaming Mr President and others for their inabilities.

Akpabio is performing others are complaining. Federal Allocation + internally generated revenue Makes Lagos the richest state in Nigeria and the second richest is Rivers state Yet with all that money APC is complaining instead of performing.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ayukdaboss(m): 12:44am On Nov 10, 2014
ujoinme:

WOW for that alone Akpabio till 4099!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 1:39am On Nov 10, 2014
ahaika23:
I notice una no de gree snap the pitch for Amaechi stadium. It's either the pitch de fear una camera or na d camera de fear the pitch.

This is classic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 5:01am On Nov 10, 2014
ahaika23:

Pitch is still under construction. The race tracks especially. I v requested for the pictures from my cousin. Will post it here as soon as I receive it.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Unemadu: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2014
No indoor sports complex?
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 11:58am On Nov 10, 2014
Unemadu:
No indoor sports complex?

not sure. the truth is that pictures of the inside of this complex are scarce.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pix of pitch with race tracks yet to be installed. Plus pitch of one of the training grounds.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
maimalari:

Pitch is still under construction. The race tracks especially. I v requested for the pictures from my cousin. Will post it here as soon as I receive it.
Every stadium in Nigeria shouldn't have race tracks!! angry

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
I don't see how and why this Amaechi stadium should be compared with the architectural masterpiece that is the Aka Ibom Stadium. More like comparing Craven Cottage (Fulham FC) with the Emirates Stadium. The seats alone show the massive difference between the two.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by LouisVanGaal(m): 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
maimalari:
The complex is almost complete. Upto 95%. And it's wow!!! My boyfriend and I must visit portharcourt to swim there. Pix courtesy my cousins.
OP well done! Past there before a couple of time during my service..that's Greater Portharcourt(GPH)..that place maketh sense!
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by diportivo: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
Topic says...latest pictures of portharcourt sporting complex!and peeps are here alredi comparing..alredi polarising it thru party lines...cant we just appreciate or criticize the edifice only? angry
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
maimalari:
Pix of pitch with race tracks yet to be installed. Plus pitch of one of the training grounds.

Good job Op. This is nice, when will the stadium be completed? and when are they putting down the tartan track? and i hope they will do something about the poodle of water building up on the track area before it floods the turf.

(1) (2) (Reply)

External Reserves Rise Further To N26.2bn / Yobe To Drill Boreholes In All Fire Stations, Receives New Firefighting Truck / Imagine This Uncouth Woman As Your First Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.