Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,269 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex (7642 Views)

Breaking!! Check Out Buhari Latest Picture Fully Dress In Coat And Tie(pics) / Latest Picture Of Gej / Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
The complex is almost complete. Upto 95%. And it's wow!!! My boyfriend and I must visit portharcourt to swim there. Pix courtesy my cousins.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hehehehehehehe. Where are those Uyo-staduim-screaming TANoids?
Ayamlaykorn
TeamSendTANoidsBackToSchool

6 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by okangaijele: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hey you and your boyfriend should bettey come down in a tractor..........thats Phc road. Hope u know what I mean?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
More

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
More pix

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
okangaijele:
Hey you and your boyfriend should bettey come down in a tractor..........thats Phc road. Hope u know what I mean?

I know that's how phc road, aba is. They need a new party in that state.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
This is world class, kudos to amaechi he has done great
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by maimalari: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Plus some completed roads at the greater portharcourt brand new city. Beautiful roads with plenty road signs.

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by omenka(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
This looks good.

The only people that stand to benefit from governors trying to outdo one another in terms of project execution are the electorates!! Let them keep fighting! grin

6 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by abagoro(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
This complex is massive and has every facility including 2 world class training pitches. There is also a games village. Hidden treasure inside New Port harcourt I must say. This is an old aerial picture.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
when you tell them akpabio is no match,they won't listen.
let me repeat it.....amaechi is second ONLY to fashola,and EVEN THAT,is debatable! take that to the bank!

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
I said it last week...Uyo stadium should just wait and see America Wonder.
Sai APC
Sai Honourable Rotimi Amaechi ..Vice President (2015 - 2023)

7 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Goddex: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
Unlike Akpabio, Ameachi doesn't have class
That roofing is very poor. Modern stadia don't look like that

Looks old-fashioned, more like a pavilion for political rallies

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by eaglechild: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Looks abandoned.

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Code213: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
More pix plz
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nice, finally someone has finally posted images of this stadium. But how comes its still incomplete?did Amaechi host the APC rally in this incomplete stadium? I doubt if Amaechi will be able to complete this project, Since After joining APC he has forgotten how to complete projects. All his good projects that he started As a PDP governor like this stadiums The model schools the model health centres are all incomplete because In APC projects never gets done and they resort to blame others for their inabilities. unlike in PDP where My president layed the foundation of the Uyo Stadium and under 2yrs he came and commission it pronto, without any excuses.

By the way this is a nice stadium but in no way near the class/ beauty of the uyo stadium and we in Akwa Ibom Commend the PDP Amaechi for initiating this project, Another PDP governor in rivers state will complete it next year for APC amaechi will not be able to complete it.

We will watch Akwa United play at the Nest of Champions in Uyo Drive on the smooth East west road, cross the magnificient bridge over imo river that seperates our two states and watch the dolphins play at this stadium and so will the rivers state people. And by then Amaechi and APC would have been shown the way out of SS

16 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Google images of the sports complex

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
I dare gov. Ameachi and APC to complete this stadium!lol Maybe now that he has seen Akpabio complete his in style he will do it, I Hope and pray that he completes it, But going by his track record since joining APC it is highly unlikely.

9 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
And My girlfriend thought it was shopping complex grin

3 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by overhypedsteve(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Goddex:
Unlike Akpabio, Ameachi doesn't have class
That roofing is very poor. Modern stadia don't look like that
amaechi ddnt build to suit style he built to standard.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
krall:
And My girlfriend thought it was shopping complex grin
Is she a TANoid?
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
VIPERVENOM:
Google images of the sports complex
Very nice facility.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
maimalari:
More pix
when will the stadium be completed for footballing event? Not APC rally.

7 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Wow! Excellently beautiful!
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by ujoinme: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
The South South Is indeed blessed. From the magnificient nest of the champions in Uyo to the nice but yet to be completed portharcourt sports complex. My only concern is if APC and Amaechi has what it takes to complete this project that PDP initiated.

Well if they dont the incomming PDP governor will figure it out and deliver the project to the people without stress.

5 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ok..this is called a stadium. Different from just a football pitch...

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
this post is from a friend of mine who lives in the UK. he raises some pertinent questions.thought i'd share it here. enjoy!
the bolded(the last paragraph) really got me thinking.. undecided undecided

The New Akwa-Ibom Stadium: A Worthwhile Venture or Needless Ego Trip?

First off, let me admit that it will be worthy of note that the current Governor of Akwa-Ibom state, Goodwill Akpabio will be leaving his state more beautiful than he met it in 2007. He embarked on numerous utility and beautification projects that will leave many to argue he is not your average governor. True, I know Akwa-Ibom state has earned a lot since Oil broke through the $15 per barrel ceiling over a decade ago, and it will be difficult to place his absolute/actual performance in the face of all the national sleaze going on.

It will be difficult to say how Mr. A managed $1,000 for instance when $500 gets stolen and he is able to invest the remaining $500 compared with Mr. B who had only $300 for starters. So, for all we know, Akpabio's achievements may be an illusion of performance when relativity is taken into account, but no doubt, he has been able to put some of it into good use, and his sins may not be as obvious as those who despite their very low allocations used theirs for building Mosques and carrying out Mass weddings.

As regards the stadium, I notice some singing his praises, while some question the rationale behind such venture. I will pitch tent with the latter, and while I will not deliberate Akpabio's performance as a whole, will offer insight into how we are supposed to reason as a people and call those ruling us into account at every turn.

1..Yes, Nigeria is a sports loving nation, but we do not have the kind of sports industry that can CONSISTENTLY sustain investment in sports. No nation grappling with back breaking poverty can ever have a profitable sports industrial machine. Winning International trophies is different from having a home-grown, self-sustaining sports industry. Ask England, the nation with about the most publicised and most profitable league on the globe, but has not won a world cup since 1966, or any trophy of note in a long while.

2. Even in countries with super-leagues and sports systems, Public built and funded stadia are seen as a waste of funds. Remember the riots in Brazil prior to the last world cup? Brazil is a country far richer than Nigeria, with a higher GDP, higher Per Capita, and much larger economy (larger than the UK, and currently world's number 7). Yet many Brazilians felt it was unwise expending such on stadia, despite the fact that the same facilities will be used in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016.

3. Have we not learnt from the past? We spent over 60 billion naira building the stadium in Abuja for the COJA Games in 2003. The stadium became overgrown with weeds shortly after. Even today, NOBODY can really fathom what can be done to bring the stadium to profitability. I am not sure the stadium has made a tenth of what it was built with, over a decade later.

So you see, unless there is a miraculous wand Akpabio is going to wave, that stadium is going to be more of a drain than otherwise, unless my Akwa-Ibom brothers tell me they are more than satisfied that the feeling of owning a world class stadium is much better than the opportunity cost that the money would have found use for. As per opportunity cost, while I am a Nigerian in diaspora and cannot start counting how much has been invested in Education, Roads, Health care and the like, I am sure there are many worth-while projects that 39 billion naira could have finished from scratch, within the incumbents tenure.

1. Unless you want to tell me every house-hold in Akwa-Ibom can boast of clean water, 39 billion can construct a full-fledged water treatment plant that can serve millions.

2. The last time I checked, power generation was on the concurrent list, which means state governments can actually build power stations. At the very least, Uyo can be pulled off the national grid and a 500MW station built to serve the state capital. 39 billion naira, or slightly more, can easily achieve this.

3. We complain we do not refine enough Crude for our local consumption. What stops the administration from partnering to build a refinery that will serve not only the local populace, but environs while raking in very large profits?

I have not even mentioned Housing, Rural road network, Agriculture and many other areas. These projects will be self-sustaining, not only because they are sensible, but because they serve the very basis of the populace needs. It is for this same reason, with all its epileptic service, the telecoms industry still remains alive today. It serves a basic need. Electricity is a basic need. Water is a basic need. Fuel is a basic need. Any investment channelled to these areas will be self-maintaining, generate profit (especially with private-partnership), while easing the lives of the average citizen. A stadium? Apart from crusades that will be few and far between, occasional matches and a very high over-head maintenance ( a culture which we are yet to imbibe even in more crucial areas ), that stadium may face the same fate as the National Stadium in Surulere, the Teslim Balogun Stadium just opposite, The Abuja Stadium, and wait for it.......yes, the stadium in Athens, Greece which hosted the 2004 Olympics, currently over-grown with weeds. The argument is also not helped by the allegation that Akpabio is actually planning to name the stadium after himself.

P:S- If it is actually true that a modern stadium, with all the amenities and the like was built with 39 billion naira in 2014, why the hell did they need 60 billion to build Abuja stadium in 2003, over 10 years ago?

7 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by OAUTemitayo: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
this post is from a friend of mine who lives in the UK. he raises some pertinent questions.thought i'd share it here. enjoy!

First off, let me admit that it will be worthy of note that the current Governor of Akwa-Ibom state, Goodwill Akpabio will be leaving his state more beautiful than he met it in 2007. He embarked on numerous utility and beautification projects that will leave many to argue he is not your average governor. True, I know Akwa-Ibom state has earned a lot since Oil broke through the $15 per barrel ceiling over a decade ago, and it will be difficult to place his absolute/actual performance in the face of all the national sleaze going on.

It will be difficult to say how Mr. A managed $1,000 for instance when $500 gets stolen and he is able to invest the remaining $500 compared with Mr. B who had only $300 for starters. So, for all we know, Akpabio's achievements may be an illusion of performance when relativity is taken into account, but no doubt, he has been able to put some of it into good use, and his sins may not be as obvious as those who despite their very low allocations used theirs for building Mosques and carrying out Mass weddings.

As regards the stadium, I notice some singing his praises, while some question the rationale behind such venture. I will pitch tent with the latter, and while I will not deliberate Akpabio's performance as a whole, will offer insight into how we are supposed to reason as a people and call those ruling us into account at every turn.

1..Yes, Nigeria is a sports loving nation, but we do not have the kind of sports industry that can CONSISTENTLY sustain investment in sports. No nation grappling with back breaking poverty can ever have a profitable sports industrial machine. Winning International trophies is different from having a home-grown, self-sustaining sports industry. Ask England, the nation with about the most publicised and most profitable league on the globe, but has not won a world cup since 1966, or any trophy of note in a long while.

2. Even in countries with super-leagues and sports systems, Public built and funded stadia are seen as a waste of funds. Remember the riots in Brazil prior to the last world cup? Brazil is a country far richer than Nigeria, with a higher GDP, higher Per Capita, and much larger economy (larger than the UK, and currently world's number 7). Yet many Brazilians felt it was unwise expending such on stadia, despite the fact that the same facilities will be used in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016.

3. Have we not learnt from the past? We spent over 60 billion naira building the stadium in Abuja for the COJA Games in 2003. The stadium became overgrown with weeds shortly after. Even today, NOBODY can really fathom what can be done to bring the stadium to profitability. I am not sure the stadium has made a tenth of what it was built with, over a decade later.

So you see, unless there is a miraculous wand Akpabio is going to wave, that stadium is going to be more of a drain than otherwise, unless my Akwa-Ibom brothers tell me they are more than satisfied that the feeling of owning a world class stadium is much better than the opportunity cost that the money would have found use for. As per opportunity cost, while I am a Nigerian in diaspora and cannot start counting how much has been invested in Education, Roads, Health care and the like, I am sure there are many worth-while projects that 39 billion naira could have finished from scratch, within the incumbents tenure.

1. Unless you want to tell me every house-hold in Akwa-Ibom can boast of clean water, 39 billion can construct a full-fledged water treatment plant that can serve millions.

2. The last time I checked, power generation was on the concurrent list, which means state governments can actually build power stations. At the very least, Uyo can be pulled off the national grid and a 500MW station built to serve the state capital. 39 billion naira, or slightly more, can easily achieve this.

3. We complain we do not refine enough Crude for our local consumption. What stops the administration from partnering to build a refinery that will serve not only the local populace, but environs while raking in very large profits?

I have not even mentioned Housing, Rural road network, Agriculture and many other areas. These projects will be self-sustaining, not only because they are sensible, but because they serve the very basis of the populace needs. It is for this same reason, with all its epileptic service, the telecoms industry still remains alive today. It serves a basic need. Electricity is a basic need. Water is a basic need. Fuel is a basic need. Any investment channelled to these areas will be self-maintaining, generate profit (especially with private-partnership), while easing the lives of the average citizen. A stadium? Apart from crusades that will be few and far between, occasional matches and a very high over-head maintenance ( a culture which we are yet to imbibe even in more crucial areas ), that stadium may face the same fate as the National Stadium in Surulere, the Teslim Balogun Stadium just opposite, The Abuja Stadium, and wait for it.......yes, the stadium in Athens, Greece which hosted the 2004 Olympics, currently over-grown with weeds. The argument is also not helped by the allegation that Akpabio is actually planning to name the stadium after himself.

[size=50pt]P:S- If it is actually true that a modern stadium, with all the amenities and the like was built with 39 billion naira in 2014, why the hell did they need 60 billion to build Abuja stadium in 2003, over 10 years ago[/size][size=8pt][/size]?

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by megaik: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:

P:S- If it is actually true that a modern stadium, with all the amenities and the like was built with 39 billion naira in 2014, why the hell did they need 60 billion to build Abuja stadium in 2003, over 10 years ago?

Bros I think you are a confused man. Also you don't like progress. You are one of those people that cant be pleased no matter what!
You're only a good judge on ur matter...
I no go waste my MB on you. bye

2 Likes

Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by phantom(m): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
the greater PH project is taking shape gradually. i wish the next governor will follow this through for the next 8 years. i hope amaechi and the rivers assembly have put in place a rock solid legislation to protect this project.
the masterplan has to be followed to the tee. we need regulation in PH.we need order.

this is why when i see wike talk on TV,i am almost moved to tears. moved to tears because our useless system presents such people to lead us.
wike who swore to burn down the banana plantation in tai because hes not intelligent enough to see the benefits of that project.

how can i vote wike when its obvious he will abandon most of the solid projects in the state because of gross corruption and myopia.
Re: Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex by hardywaltz(m): 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
Adokiye Amesimaka Sports complex 95% loading...
It's always difficult getting pictures of Amaechi's projects coz according to him only failures need to advertise their works if the masses can't see it then there's no need putting on the billboards..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Threats From Buhari Supporters On Social Media In 2015 Election ( Pictures) / Nba Ikeja Press Release On N97 Fuel Price / Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.