Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? (5559 Views)

Breaking!! Check Out Buhari Latest Picture Fully Dress In Coat And Tie(pics) / Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex / Latest Picture Of Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by CyberG: 5:16am On Nov 25, 2009
Walking corpse president!  grin grin

Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by becomrich15: 5:45am On Nov 25, 2009
CyberG , that is wicked of you to say about anybody. Go and pray that God forgives you.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by blackspade(m): 6:05am On Nov 25, 2009
It looks like he's decomposing. shocked
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by bawomolo(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2009
looks dehydrated.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:36am On Nov 25, 2009
It looks like Yaradua has Vitiligo.
Any doctors in the house want to comment?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by CyberG: 7:10am On Nov 25, 2009
becomrich,:

CyberG , that is wicked of you to say about anybody. Go and pray that God forgives you.

You *know* very well that I spoke the TRUTH. Something is seriously wrong with this man and I need no prayers of forgiveness for speaking the truth! Pray, how many Nigerians are older than this man, with far less privileges, yet look much younger and better than this LYING piece of TRASH "president"? He is only deceiving himself and I wish when he finally DIES, he could see how people will drink to his pathetic demise! This fool is living a lie and he knows it.

Does your premier even run your province the way this fool runs a country of 150 Million people? If the guys in Germany/Saudi Arabia ran their country aground like this idiot, would there be an hospital to go to? An existing (huge) hospital just about 4 minutes walk down my street has almost been completed (in fact, it seems like it is completely brand new) and I can virtually walk into that place and complain about even a trivial headache and someone WILL listen to me and do something about it. I will be paying *nothing* or almost nothing and this FOOL carries millions of dollars to blow in a SA hospital and you think I need prayers?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by posakosa(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2009
CyberG---- let me know what you think--- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-357020.0.html
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by Parohfrey(f): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2009
even the trouble in Nigeria and the wicked people therein is enough to make anyone old. Two years after obasanjo became President from prison, it was these same people complaining that OBJ has eaten all the food in Nigeria and has gotten fat. Now this?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by echobee(f): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
God will surely heal him,i believe so.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by pappilo(m): 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2009
This guy looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 10:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
I really don't know what the fuss is about. So many unhealthy obsession with this man. It is nothing short of the lowest sickening voyeurism. People need to be ashamed of themselves to be honest. So what if he's got an illness of some kind. don't we all? But then, this is a nation with twisted and misplaced priorities. I suppose in order to make the life of some interesting, it is necessary to have an unhealthy obsession with someone else state of health.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by OAM4J: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2009
ElRazur:

I really don't know what the fuss is about. So many unhealthy obsession with this man. It is nothing short of the lowest sickening voyeurism. People need to be ashamed of themselves to be honest. So what if he's got an illness of some kind. don't we all? But then, this is a nation with twisted and misplaced priorities. I suppose in order to make the life of some interesting, it is necessary to have an unhealthy obsession with someone else state of health.

There are probably thousands of sick people in Nigerian hospitals at the moment that are not attracting the attention of NLers, but the sick man in question on this thread happened to be the President of Nigeria and his sickness directly or indirectly affects over 150million people. So his sickness is a matter of national concern. get it now?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2009
OAM4J:

There are probably thousands of sick people in Nigerian hospitals at the moment that are not attracting the attention of NLers, but the sick man in question on this thread happened to be the President of Nigeria and his sickness directly or indirectly affects over 150million people. So his sickness is a matter of national concern. get it now?

You dont say!

Since when did the President have an obligation to share is medical history with the nation? He's taken steps to make this a private matter, but folks like you and those who run the substandard Nigerian press will have something to say as to how it affects you and them. The fact of the matter is, it do not. There are rules, laws and constitution in place to allow for a smooth transition IF anything happens to him.

The same laws the protects the 150 million people is applicable to the President too. He's got the right to keep his medical issues [if any, private] just like you, me and any other person. How hard is it to understand that?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by kosovo(m): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
mmmm
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by FGO1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2009
make una see 9JA presido, na God go help us cool
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by dignity1: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think Mr. President is not what that, i don't know if is proper to be running a country from a sick bed let a lone of running the affairs of a state or a country from another country it mean that we are in a state of Anarchy, is the best time for him to resign and give a way to very capable and energetic Goodluck Jonathan to run the affairs of this country and follows his friend Obj to otta farm hospital for treatment.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by CyberG: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
ElRazur:

You dont say!

Since when did the President have an obligation to share is medical history with the nation? He's taken steps to make this a private matter, but folks like you and those who run the substandard Nigerian press will have something to say as to how it affects you and them. The fact of the matter is, it do not. There are rules, laws and constitution in place to allow for a smooth transition IF anything happens to him.

The same laws the protects the 150 million people is applicable to the President too. He's got the right to keep his medical issues [if any, private] just like you, me and any other person. How hard is it to understand that?

IGNORAMUS. . .any president is a PUBLIC official and accountable to the people. NOTHING about his health, his past, his future plans is EVER PRIVATE and should EVER BE for as long as he is in that position. The country foots his bills and that of the entire (nuclear) family with our resources and taxes. UNFORTUNATELY, the average NIGERIAN has known no accountable leadership in his/her life so like you, they think the president has a right to privacy (we're not talking of sleeping with his wife) abut HIS HEALTH? NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO THINK LIKE YOU, NEED A TOTAL BRAIN SURGERY. Most of them are those that can not, independently, see the connection of the problem of Yaradua's inaction as a result of his stupidity, cluelessness,  corruption, greed, lack of patriotism, etc and the dangerous speed at which the country is moving towards the precipice.

This idiot has provided no leadership whatsoever and Nigeria has again missed several opportunities at advancement as a people. If this idiot has to die, only two sets of people will miss him: 1. his family and corrupt hangers-on who goaded him on to his demise 2. the fools who have no brains to see that he is the reason why their child is sick and no hospitals to treat, falling educational standards, no light, no pipe borne water (can you imagine if any Nigerian can just turn on his tap and get both hot and cold water in any quantity which he can drink right away without having to worry about boreholes and purification?), bad roads, increase in armed robbery, kidnapping and now sea piracy, and the list goes on!
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2009
CyberG:

IGNORAMUS. . .any president is a PUBLIC official and accountable to the people. NOTHING about his health, his past, his future plans is EVER PRIVATE and should EVER BE for as long as he is in that position. The country foots his bills and that of the entire (nuclear) family with our resources and taxes. UNFORTUNATELY, the average NIGERIAN has known no accountable leadership in his/her life so like you, they think the president has a right to privacy (we're not talking of sleeping with his wife) abut HIS HEALTH? NIGERIANS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO THINK LIKE YOU, NEED A TOTAL BRAIN SURGERY. Most of them are those that can not, independently, see the connection of the problem of Yaradua's inaction as a result of his stupidity, cluelessness,  corruption, greed, lack of patriotism, etc and the dangerous speed at which the country is moving towards the precipice.

What are you talking about. I think you will find that you are moving away from the issue at hand. Yes, he is accountable as a leader, however , let the truth be told! His medical history and what not is a private matter. Seriously how hard is it to understand that?

Look dude, you posted a thread to do nothing but mock him. Then when I pointed out that he owns no one any obligation to disclose his medical history or illness [if any], you then turn around and rant about irrelevant matter.

The fact of the matter is this, he may be any of those things you have mentioned, it still do not mean his Medical history should be in the public domain and the unhealthy obsession shown by the nigeria media and people who jump on this train wagon sucks.

Where is this connection you talked about? I suppose it is only in your eyes and those who share such views of prying into private matters?

CyberG:

This idiot has provided no leadership whatsoever and Nigeria has again missed several opportunities at advancement as a people. If this idiot has to die, only two sets of people will miss him: 1. his family and corrupt hangers-on who goaded him on to his demise 2. the fools who have no brains to see that he is the reason why their child is sick and no hospitals to treat, falling educational standards, no light, no pipe borne water (can you imagine if any Nigerian can just turn on his tap and get both hot and cold water in any quantity which he can drink right away without having to worry about boreholes and purification?), bad roads, increase in armed robbery, kidnapping and now sea piracy, and the list goes on!

Again all you've mentioned is not a justification to make his private life - healthwise - public. It also not a justification to mock him. Only a men of small mind mocks and rejoice in this kind of situation.

The irony of all of these is that you will die too. . . . Perhaps horribly? Remember that before you mock people in the president's situation. smiley
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by bawomolo(m): 12:19am On Nov 26, 2009
His medical history and what not is a private matter. Seriously how hard is it to understand that?

It ceased to be a private matter when he assumed public office.   John McCain was forced to release his medical record while he was running for president.  That doesn't mean its right to mock him but its a legitimate question to ask whether yar'adua is fit enough to be president.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by CyberG: 12:33am On Nov 26, 2009
ElRazur:

What are you talking about. I think you will find that you are moving away from the issue at hand. Yes, he is accountable as a leader, however , let the truth be told! His medical history and what not is a private matter. Seriously how hard is it to understand that?

Look dude, you posted a thread to do nothing but mock him. Then when I pointed out that he owns no one any obligation to disclose his medical history or illness [if any], you then turn around and rant about irrelevant matter.

The fact of the matter is this, he may be any of those things you have mentioned, it still do not mean his Medical history should be in the public domain and the unhealthy obsession shown by the nigeria media and people who jump on this train wagon sucks.

Where is this connection you talked about? I suppose it is only in your eyes and those who share such views of prying into private matters?

Again all you've mentioned is not a justification to make his private life - healthwise - public. It also not a justification to mock him. Only a men of small mind mocks and rejoice in this kind of situation.

The irony of all of these is that you will die too. . . . Perhaps horribly? Remember that before you mock people in the president's situation. smiley

This guy. . .you have NO CLUE at all and you obviously don't get it! Look, everyone is going to die. . .one way or the other, including you Mr. Righteous Defender of the clueless serpent Leader. I can only imagine you never lived outside Nigeria (not visited somewhere else for a short stay) but if you in fact lived in a functional society and still think that a president's health is a private matter, you obviously didn't go to that society with your brains or you've suffered from amnesia.

Like Bawomolo pointed out, and rightly so, the industrialized democracies the foolish Yaradua wants Nigeria to join but not operate the fundamentals that got them to where they are recently required John McCain to declare all his health records. He, of course, tried to only release a bit (I think his Dr.'s statement) which was not acceptable until he allowed reporters to gain better access to those records. I don't know how exposed you are but the places that thrive on accountability and transparency will put information about their public leaders out for the citizens whose tax and resources is being managed. Unfortunately, not in Nigeria and rightly so because of demented people who can only make bogus claims on behalf of thieving leaders. Meanwhile, so many Nigerians are now queuing-up just to get a visa to anywhere just to leave the hell hole your Yarafool has been "administering" for the past 3 years!
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by naijaking1: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

It looks like Yaradua has Vitiligo.
Any doctors in the house want to comment?

The guy has more than vitiligo-he has temporal wasting/dehydration/and possible 2-3 end organ damage.
I hate his politics and administration, but I wish him good health and God's assistance.
He should learn to go to US or UK hospitals where the Saudi Kings and princes go for their own medical check up.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by MrCrackles(m): 12:54am On Nov 26, 2009
That is a really worrying picture. . . shocked
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by mamagee3(f): 12:58am On Nov 26, 2009
This man is a real walking Ghost. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by TheSeeker(m): 1:08am On Nov 26, 2009
El Razur, you're totally wrong. A president of a nation, as known and understood everywhere else, has the right to disclose his health conditions as long as it interferes with the affairs of the country he is ruling. In a more democratic setting, this man should have resigned a long time ago to monitor his health. You can't tell me that you can run your health issues along with the nation's affair concurrently, that's no way possible.

If his health wasn't a public concern, why would the opposition party ask the presidency to disclose his health status? If it wasn't a public concern, why do you think the media is getting involved in it? Given the fact that Nigeria don't seem to care about anything else, there are still people who are concerned about the country and this man right here, that we call our president, is unfit to rule at this time, therefore, that makes it our priority. If he's a celebrity, I tell you, he owes it to his fans, let alone when he's a president - he owes it to all Nigerians to disclose his health conditions and why he's going to step down from the most exalted position in the country.

Why do you think in other countries they want to know all their dirty little secrets before they want to start contesting to rule? Leaders are supposed to have an open life - a life that is accessible by almost everyone (but this excludes family interests and private business matters that does NOT interfere with the affairs of the State) - and if you can't leave your life in the open for all to see, you shouldn't attempt to rule. If criminal record matters when making the choice of a leader, why doesn't health record?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by BadestBOBO(m): 1:22am On Nov 26, 2009
how do you mean, wicked people live with yourselves?
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by detective1: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2009
whether you like it or not, a president has to be fit to run the office, we didn't vote for a president in absential or a figure head. and is there anything wrong with the president honourably resigning if his health which he has no control over, will stop him from fulfilling his promise to nigerians, it's obvious he's not healthy enough to run for second term, he needs time out to pay more attention to his health, he will live longer if he does that rather than going on sick leave every 3 months, if his employee was doing that wouldn't he/she have been sacked!

We as a nation shouldn't let people hold on to power because of greed even when they are not fit, there are capable nigerians who can fit in that office. If Fashola of Lagos was a sick man are we going to be experiencing the kind of change we have in lagos today. Think Nigerians!

PLEASE RESIGN MR. PRESIDENT
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by Kobojunkie: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2009
@Elrazur, to add to what has already been posted, as long as WE are footing the bill, it is our business to know what he is going out for and why.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by wirinet(m): 8:54am On Nov 26, 2009
ElRazur:

I am amazed at somebody with your level of exposure would be talking like this in 2009. Maybe you forgot Yaradua was elected (in other words hired), to lead us and run our country with our collective resources, and you say that his health is a personal problem that should not concern us?

I wonder if you can hire a man to help you run a company, maybe a bank you invested 25 billion Naira in, and the man spends two weeks out of every other months in a hospital, with bills and other expenditure being borne by your company, not to talk of salaries and other benefits. The man refuse to disclose what is wrong and refuses to resign because his health problems are personal. So you would be happy with such a CEO?

The day Yaradua leaves the presidency, his health matters would not concern anybody outside his immediate friends and family.

Nigerians are not praying for Yara dua to die, we only want him to take time off to take care of his complicated health issues. It is not necessary for him to die for Nigeria
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by ElRazur: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2009
bawomolo:

It ceased to be a private matter when he assumed public office.   John McCain was forced to release his medical record while he was running for president.  That doesn't mean its right to mock him but its a legitimate question to ask whether yar'adua is fit enough to be president.   

Oga long time. I am still of the firm belief that it is a private matter. See in the example you give, the main difference is that Yar'dua is already president. He do not have to disclose his health records. And if memory serves me right, John mcain ONLY stated he heard a minor issue of some kind and not go into lenghty details of appointments etc - something Yar'dua's press office have done [mentioned he's got a kidney ailment by the look of it].

The issue here is just the level at which this obsession with his health have gone. On top of that. Nigeria and America are very different, How old is democracy in America? Then compare it to Nigeria. . .I think you will find that we are still at an infancy level. And as such drawing an example or parallel with America is a bit unfair.

Kobojunkie:

@Elrazur, to add to what has already been posted, as long as WE are footing the bill, it is our business to know what he is going out for and why.

I find it hard to defend that point. But look at it this way, what if he is been using his own money? He is a wealthy man. I have to deal with patient confidentiality in my everyday line of work, perhaps it is why I feel so strongly about him retaining his privacy?

@The seeker [Gonna be short on your point. I cant stay for long]

The media made it an obsession because it sells paper. Bad news thrive, people love their daily doses of misfortune of others so as to make them feel better about their lives. Fact. The media knows this and hence feed on it.

Other countries are not Nigeria. We have different culture, different outlook and as such our views will never be the same. . . .In places like Gabon [or so], it is okay for the president to go on live television and make threat to Human rights campaigners. . . . If it was done in a western world, there will be out cry. YOu see, different places, different way of doing things. etc.

As for the others. I remain a firm believer that People's medical record should be a private affairs - whether they are in a public office or not. No one wants to put their afflictions and health records for every dick and harrry to see. Yar'dua have done a good job - YES AS A GOOD JOB - by Nigeria's standard. To now accuse him of not doing anything because of his health is just unfair.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by puskin: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2009
Good or Bad. Yar'adua's health is Nigerian's concern.
The day U decide 2run for public office is the day U hv decided to subject ur life to public scrutiny.
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by Caringpro(f): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
When do this Man, Mr. President have time to attend to State matter!? This question is begging for answer. Is it not best for him and all of that he resigns and go for full medical rest? I WISH HIM WELL sad
Re: Yaradua's Latest Picture - In Saudi? by TheSeeker(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
[Quote author=ElRazur]@The seeker [Gonna be short on your point. I cant stay for long]

The media made it an obsession because it sells paper. Bad news thrive, people love their daily doses of misfortune of others so as to make them feel better about their lives. Fact. The media knows this and hence feed on it.

Other countries are not Nigeria. We have different culture, different outlook and as such our views will never be the same. . . .In places like Gabon [or so], it is okay for the president to go on live television and make threat to Human rights campaigners. . . . If it was done in a western world, there will be out cry. YOu see, different places, different way of doing things. etc.[/quote]

Yes, it is true the media may have made it an obsession which we all know and understand, but we all know that is true. If he can't disclose his health predicaments, he should leave office but as long as he stays in office we are entitled to know his bill of health; if he knew so well he won't be able to expose his health issues, he shouldn't remain in public office.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos Crisis : 80 Cows Die Of Mango Poisoning / earn 300% / Igbo In Jos Declare Seven-day Mourning For Ojukwu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.