Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria (16486 Views)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

Na to do home work before hand.
As I state in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1989442/why-ibo-people-connected-village
I wouldn't get myself involved with a chick that is too in love with her village, because that is where all those silly expectations come from.
I prefer to stay away from such places as much as possible. She would have to think and reason like me concerning core opinions about the [un]importance of heavy, costly traditions to a modern pragmatic life, etc, etc.

ha!
2buff - this is discrimination. grin you can be arrested for tribalism. choose a chic because of her qualities, not because of the village she hails from. cool
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

ha!
2buff - this is discrimination. grin you can be arrested for tribalism. choose a chic because of her qualities, not because of the village she hails from. cool

Maga why?

You mean only to waste my time lovey doveying up with her just to realize that I am supposed to buy 200 white paiiint for all the women in her village (among other personal effects) when its time for marriage?
And she too would be expecting me to do it and "show her proud"?

Noooooooo. First of all, it would prove that she and I are not on the same wavelength, meaning the union likely just won't work out anyway.
There are other women from much more well-thinking families whose families would filter such things before they even meet my eye. (See aisha's post for example)
Those are the kind of in-laws I would want to be associated with for the rest of my life, not hungry slave traders.

A man yet still unmarried, is at his prime for setting the course of his life the way he wants it to go and with the people he wants it to contain.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Pathetic bipolar dumbfvck, are you still a post-feminist? gringrin

Yes, I AM!

Get a dictionary fool.

I embrace all achievements of the past feminist movements and take it a step further, I am part of the post-feminist movement.
I am here to show everybody that men like you can never be leaders if the country is to develop like it should.

postfeminist
[pohst-fem-uh-nist]

adjective

pertaining to or occurring in the period after the feminist movement of the 1970s.

resulting from or incorporating the ideology of this movement:
a postfeminist household in which both partners share all tasks equally.

differing from or reflecting moderation of this ideology:
postfeminist thinking about motherhood and careers.

noun
a person who believes in, promotes, or embodies any of various ideologies springing from the feminism of the 1970s.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postfeminist

Get a dictionary I*DIOT. grin grin grin

Women have been allowed to do what they want in the West since the 1840s. grin grin grin

No law discriminates against females in Nigeria. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You have not said that women in the West have been allowed to do what they want since the 1840s? grin grin grin grin grin
Didn't you claim women have been allowed to do what they want in Africa since the 1890s?
Where did you get this from, or is this is what you called sarcasm? cheesycheesy

Where's Bananabender your side-b1tch?
You know I could fvck you both at the same time and still have enough strength to throw you both out immediately after right?
That's all you're good for.

Unfortunately, I don't do pseudo-feminist skanks with Down Syndrome. gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

Maga why?

Only to waste time lovey doveying up just to realize that I am supposed to buy 200 white paiiint for all the women in her village (among other personal effects)? And she too would be expecting me to do it?

if everything else fails, calculate her ovulation period and hammer her till she gets pregnant. trust me, 200 white paiiiiiiiiiint would be converted to 2 white handkerchiefs. grin

Noooo. There are other women from much more well-thinking families who would filter such things before they even meet my eye. (See aisha's post for example)
Those are the kind of in-laws I would want to be associated with, not hungry slave traders.

aisha is from the north! it's so easy for her to say that since it's not her tradition. if she's from the toughest part of mbaise village, she would be as quiet as a mouse.

to be fair to this women, it's not their fault but i agree with you they should be doing better to convince their parents that this practise is demeaning. i have come to realise that these brides rarely put up a fight!

4 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Didn't you claim women have been allowed to do what they want in Africa since the 1890s?
Where did you get this from, or is this is what you called sarcasm? cheesycheesy

Where's Bananabender your side-b1tch?
You know I could fvck you both at the same time and still have enough strength to throw you both out immediately after right?
That's all you're good for.

Unfortunately, I don't do pseudo-feminist skanks with Down Syndrome. gringrin

You are an i*diot. Product of a failed education system run by Patience Jonathan.
Nigeria has fu*cked up your brain.

You are a loser.

You even spend your Sundays discussing female menstruation on NL.

Get a job loser.

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
Crackhaus:

Women have been allowed to do what they want in the West since 1840. grin grin grin

I am not emotional, I am aggressive. grin grin grin

Excluding female children from inheritance is fair. grin grin grin

I speak German. grin grin grin

And people like him want to be leaders. grin grin grin

Loser.

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sponsoring the education of female children(elementary and high school) from low-income families is not a feminist movement??

Actively involved in the promoting of female African researchers is not a feminist movement??

Okay, Mr genius/crackhaus. I hear you. grin grin

One has to belong to a "feminist group" to be feminist. Mr genius, what does it take to be as smart as you? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yes, I AM!

Get a dictionary fool.

I embrace all achievements of the past feminist movements and take it a step further, I am part of the post-feminist movement.
I am here to show everybody that men like you can never be leaders if the country is to develop like it should.

postfeminist
[pohst-fem-uh-nist]

adjective

pertaining to or occurring in the period after the feminist movement of the 1970s.

resulting from or incorporating the ideology of this movement:
a postfeminist household in which both partners share all tasks equally.

differing from or reflecting moderation of this ideology:
postfeminist thinking about motherhood and careers.

noun
a person who believes in, promotes, or embodies any of various ideologies springing from the feminism of the 1970s.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postfeminist

Get a dictionary I*DIOT. grin grin grin

Women have been allowed to do what they want in the West since the 1840s. grin grin grin

No law discriminates against females in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Buahahahahahahahaha....

B1tch go and do your research well on post-feminism before you embarrass yourself further... I can't even argue this with you. cheesycheesy

No law in the constitution of Nigeria discrimates against women. If there is, state it skank. grin

5 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Crackhaus:
And people like him want to be leaders. grin grin grin

LMAO! The ridiculousness of it all. grin grin The fool incapable of leading battery operated dolls wants to claim head, funny.

3 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You are an i*diot. Product of a failed education system run by Patience Jonathan.
Nigeria has fu*cked up your brain.

You are a loser.

You even spend your Sundays discussing female menstruation on NL.

Get a job loser.
Hahahahahahahahahhah....she's starting to hurt.

Stalker!

I've had a job since before you graduated from your government-sponsored community college. gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

Maga why?

You mean only to waste my time lovey doveying up with her just to realize that I am supposed to buy 200 white paiiint for all the women in her village (among other personal effects) when its time for marriage?
And she too would be expecting me to do it and "show her proud"?

Noooooooo. First of all, it would prove that she and I are not on the same wavelength, meaning the union likely just won't work out anyway.
There are other women from much more well-thinking families whose families would filter such things before they even meet my eye. (See aisha's post for example)
Those are the kind of in-laws I would want to be associated with, not hungry slave traders.

A man yet still unmarried, is at his prime for setting the course of his life the way he wants it to go and with the people he wants it to contain.

I don't know the sort of female friends you have but you're making them look bad.

In some cases, the bride's family sponsors the wedding. Why are you not addressing that?

Haven't you seen where the bride's immediate family buy these things themselves so they can satisfy the hungry extended(very-very- extended) family members in their village?

BTW, when are we starting our campaign? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

LMAO! The ridiculousness of it all. grin grin The fool incapable of leading battery operated dolls wants to claim head, funny.
B1tch is your 1inch d1ck working well yet?

I have been and still am the head of many things/groups.... grin

BTW, are you still having your periods, or are the testosterone injections given you by your doctor finally messing up your identity? gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

groom price seen as profit to whom? have you stayed anywhere in india? we are talking about what obtains in nigeria & you are talking of india. what's the correlation?

what kinda wisdom is this? shotgun marriage? some of us like to do things the legal way. i have no problem at all with that tradition. men have to prove themselves worthy - the bride's family must be sure the groom can afford to take care of their daughter - however, the bride must know her position in her husband's house. he is the head while she's the deputy.

QED!!!
This is the best and most soothing comment I've ever read anywhere smiley. But still puzzles me how you're unable to see the reasons for comparison, which is to prove that paying bp is not what makes a wife deputy to her husband, but his ability to rule his home. I really wish Nl 'feminists' can reason like you. Equity, not equality is what is needed in a home. Thanks ma'am. smiley
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
This is the best and most soothing comment I've ever read anywhere smiley. But still puzzles me how you're unable to see the reasons for comparison, which is to prove that paying bp is not what makes a wife deputy to her husband, but his ability to rule his home. I really wish Nl 'feminists' can reason like you. Equity, not equality is what is needed in a home. Thanks ma'am. smiley

this is the best part of your post. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Crackhaus:

I speak German. grin grin grin
I speak German? I also told you this?

Or are you just hurt that you didn't know the difference between equity and equality yourself, especially in the German context?

Buahahahaha... keep getting free education from me you clueless post-feminist. gringrin

6 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

[s]B1tch is your 1inch d1ck working well yet?

BTW, are you still having your periods, or are the testosterone injections given you by your doctor finally messing up your identity? gringrin[/s]

Crap! Like the rest of your posts on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

[s]Crap! Like the rest of your posts on this thread.[/s]
Horsesh1t! Like the rest of your brain matter. grin

6 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Horsesh1t! Like the rest of my brain matter. grin

...to show how boring I find you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AfricanApple(f): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2014
at the end of the day the real parent may not even get to use most of those things, and even if they do, its all bullshit. this bride price is causing serious wahala especially with d decrease of job opportunities in d country, d purpose of d bride price ish is lost to me, I can't see any genuine reason for it....

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

...to show how boring I find you. undecided
Right after you have quoted me like 1million times and got nothing else to say. gringrin

Like your friend, please get a big fat d1ck and choke on it. kiss

5 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Buahahahahahahahaha....

B1tch go and do your research well on post-feminism before you embarrass yourself further... I can't even argue this with you. cheesycheesy

No law in the constitution of Nigeria discrimates against women. If there is, state it skank. grin

You are a f*ool.

You should have not smoked so much weed.

Can use a dictionary or is it also too difficult for you? grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

I speak German? I also told you this?

Or are you just hurt that you didn't know the difference between equity and equality yourself, especially in the German context?

Buahahahaha... keep getting free education from me you clueless post-feminist. gringrin

So when I quoted and corrected your German, you decided to ignore it i*diot? grin grin grin

Show me which dictionary you used. grin grin grin

I forgot, you don't know how to use it. grin grin grin

Women have been allowed to do what they want in the West since 1840. grin grin grin

And there are no customary laws that discriminate against females in Nigeria. They are fair. grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
These sex-starved skanks thought they could go tag team on me with weak lines and jabs.

Dammmiit, they picked the wrong blood! gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:
These sex-starved skanks thought they could go tag team on me with weak lines and jabs.

Don't think everyone is a loser like you.

We have men who have better things to do than discussing menstruation on NL. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So when I quoted and corrected your German, you decided to ignore it i*diot? grin grin grin

Show me which dictionary you used. grin grin grin

I forgot, you don't know how to use it. grin grin grin

And there are no customary laws that discriminate against females in Nigeria. They are fair. grin grin grin
You corrected my German? B1tch thank your stars I did not see it...or is this another one of your many delusions? Buahahahaha...

You're a child!
Go learn how to make more sense.

Are you still a post-feminist?

5 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Don't think everyone is a loser like you.

We have men who have better things to do than discussing menstruation on NL. grin grin grin
Delusional bipolar manic-depressive skank wishing she had a man.. cheesycheesy

Is there someone who would fvck your ugly black ars.e?

3 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

You corrected my German? B1tch thank your stars I did not see it...or is this another one of your many delusions? Buahahahaha...

You're a child!
Go learn how to make more sense.

Are you still a post-feminist?

Do you still claim that women have been allowed to do what they want in the West since 1840? grin grin grin

I have always said, only insecure men with a low IQ behave like you.

Now show us where you got your German translations from? grin grin grin

And then how customary laws do not discriminate against females? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Delusional bipolar manic-depressive skank wishing she had a man.. cheesycheesy

Is there someone who would fvck your ugly black ars.e?

Tell me, have been women been allowed to do what they want in the West since 1840? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
[s]
crackhaus:

B1tch is your 1inch d1ck working well yet?

BTW, are you still having your periods, or are the testosterone injections given you by your doctor finally messing up your identity? gringrin
[/s]
l dont understand it so i cancelled it.
Next..
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

LMAO! As far as i'm concerned, no one is sending jabs your way yet.

We are just making fun of you and your stup1d posts. grin grin grin grin grin

I dare anyone else to make out anything sensible from your posts on this thread.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally / 45-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Celebrates As She Welcomes Twins After 13 Years / Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.