Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? (53601 Views)

A Touching Story Of True Love And Genuine Forgiveness / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Is There A Reason Why Majority Of Hiv Positive Married Women Have Hiv Negative Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:
Men and women are equal to the degree of having equal rights not privileges. Whether we want to agree or not, men do the majority of the work of building and protecting society as such they have the privilege of leadership. Removing quota system of involving women in leadership positions in politics or business or industry, how many women are in leadership on merit and not just because a quota for women is to be filled?

It is not beans to be a man my sister. Gba f'Olohun.

I agree completely, I just wish the ones who can't will readily admit it so we can move on to the ones who have the wherewithal.

Gender equality is the worst thing that has happened to the human race angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:
Your daughter and nieces have the feminised west to blame. All power has now been given to women. Fact.

Perhaps, it's time to teach your nephews and their friends to be manly?

Lol..........I have lived the better part of my adult life in the West and I am not a feminist, heck, I am not sure I met a true feminist.
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by BABE3: 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:
Men and women are equal to the degree of having equal rights not privileges. Whether we want to agree or not, men do the majority of the work of building and protecting society as such they have the privilege of leadership. Removing quota system of involving women in leadership positions in politics or business or industry, how many women are in leadership on merit and not just because a quota for women is to be filled?

It is not beans to be a man my sister. Gba f'Olohun.

grin it's not beans o. If I was man in this day and age I'll be confused too.

What do we want from men exactly? I don't get it.

Men are taking back seats little by little to allow women take the front seat; it's a problem; men aren't strong enough.

When the men decide to take the front seats; men are bad; men hate women.

The same women that want equality or whatever scream "be a man", "you're not man enough".

I tire.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by AjanleKoko: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
What's up with all this strong man strong woman matter sef.

If you know you are strong (man or woman), enter Sambisa forest jare cheesy angry tongue Action dey wait you there.

13 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

1. Lol..........I have lived the better part of my adult life in the West and I am not a feminist, heck,
2. I am not sure I met a true feminist.
1. No human system is 100% exclusive, considr yourself an outlier grin. However, more will join your ranks as time goes by.

2. Actually, you have, they abound like sand on the seashore. Feminism is about getting as much power for women as possible, the cost to society notwithstanding, which is what we see at play everyday. It's not about gender equality, contrary to popular opinion, if it were it'd be called humanism. Feminism wants absolute power, which in itself is dangerous as checks are required, but they are not willing to earn it(which is impossible), they want it handed to them on a platter. Hurrah for the strong, independent woman. grin

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
An outlier! Oluwa sanu!!! grin grin grin All my friends must be outliers too cos we kinda share similar values.
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
@OP:

I doubt that Nigerian men have changed from then.

Look at the ratio of known women and you will see it is tiny of the married population then.

There are still men willing to support their wives to the top just as there are some that are dream killers.

I also think that a lot of the women do not have visions so what is there for the husbands to support?

I always say that a woman who has visions and pursue automatically sieve out a lot of suitors. Most of these women were known for something or have started pushing towards what they wanted to be which naturally attracted their husbands to them.

A woman of purpose carries herself well and will be attracted to similar minds.

It is well

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

1. I agree completely, I just wish the ones who can't will readily admit it so we can move on to the ones who have the wherewithal.

2. Gender equality is the worst thing that has happened to the human race angry angry angry angry
1. Lol. We can start by re-orientating our sons about what it entails to be a man instead of telling them the only difference between them and their sisters is their Instruments. We need the truth. When we have given them the tools, we can then objectively separate wheat from chaff. Today, it's almost unfortunate to be born a man.

2. Gender equality is a myth. The earlier we realise that as a nation, the better.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Adesiji77: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
AjanleKoko:
What's up with all this strong man strong woman matter sef.

If you know you are strong (man or woman), enter Sambisa forest jare cheesy angry tongue Action dey wait you there.

LMAO grin

Long time Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by BABE3: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:

1. Lol. We can start by re-orientating our sons about what it entails to be a man instead of telling them the only difference between them and their sisters is their Instruments. We need the truth. When we have given them the tools, we can then objectively separate wheat from chaff. Today, it's almost unfortunate to be born a man.

2. Gender equality is a myth. The earlier we realise that as a nation, the better.

kiss kiss
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:

That bad?! I don't think so, I agree that some of the gender equality nonsense need to be done away with but c'mon it is still by and large a man's world if you know how to get around the rules grin
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by ekochris(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
In Olamide's voice.... story for the gods
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
bukatyne:
@OP:

I doubt that Nigerian men have changed from then.

Look at the ratio of known women and you will see it is tiny of the married population then.

There are still men willing to support their wives to the top just as there are some that are dream killers.

I also think that a lot of the women do not have visions so what is there for the husbands to support?

I always say that a woman who has visions and pursue automatically sieve out a lot of suitors. Most of these women were known for something or have started pushing towards what they wanted to be which naturally attracted their husbands to them.

A woman of purpose carries herself well and will be attracted to similar minds.

It is well

'You attract what you are'
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by bukatyne(f): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
BABE3:

grin it's not beans o. If I was man in this day and age I'll be confused too.

What do we want from men exactly? I don't get it.

Men are taking back seats little by little to allow women take the front seat; it's a problem; men aren't strong enough.

When the men decide to take the front seats; men are bad; men hate women.

The same women that want equality or whatever scream "be a man", "you're not man enough".

I tire.

Who are the 'we'

I thought a man/woman is supposed to learn what makes their partner tick and do it?

Just as men complain, women you because 'men' do not like makeup and still compliment women who are heavily made-up?

What is my business with what men want? I honestly do not even know what men want. I only care about my husband wants.

There is a man for every woman and vice versa

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
BABE3:

1. grin it's not beans o. If I was man in this day and age I'll be confused too.

2. What do we want from men exactly? I don't get it.

3. Men are taking back seats little by little to allow women take the front seat; it's a problem; men aren't strong enough.

4. When the men decide to take the front seats; men are bad; men hate women.

5. The same women that want equality or whatever scream "be a man", "you're not man enough".

6. I tire.
1. And many men are confused and have resorted to suicide in the west especially after a divorce.

2. Women want power from men. They are stripping men of power and giving it to women who haven't earned it and these women are abusing it. They have been told that men have oppressed them since before Adam and they want liberation from that except, there was no bondage and there is no liberation only willful imprisonment.

3. Men are taking the back seat because they have realised that monkey dey work baboon dey chop. There's no incentive to be a man and to aspire anymore because you'd just get robbed anyway. Marriage rate in the US has declined because men realise that marriage is a shitty deal. This format is not sustainable, there'll be change or an implosion.

4. Exactly. Which brings us back to stripping men of power and giving it to women to "level the playing field". Is this really competition?

5. That, right there, is true feminism. Do for me! Do for me! Then I take the credit. grin

6. Pele

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by swagwu(m): 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
nice post from nija american babe...
if dat u never marry eh grin
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by slimmingcare(f): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dear writer,I can tell you that there are responsible and truthful Nigeria men.
What becomes of a man in a relationship has to do with the kind of woman he has

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by bukatyne(f): 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

That bad?! I don't think so, I agree that some of the gender equality nonsense need to be done away with but c'mon it is still by and large a man's world if you know how to get around the rules grin

What gender equality nonsense?

If a husband feels the wife is not equal to him and decides she does not work or doesn't need to achieve anything all well and good.

And I think you have just ruined your thread with gender equality or inequality. Except if that was the destination of the thread in the first place

This is even on the front page. Nice thread while it lasts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:
An outlier! Oluwa sanu!!! grin grin grin All my friends must be outliers too cos we kinda share similar values.
How many of you and your friends do you think exist? Where are you based by the way? Outliers=exception to the norm.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by bukatyne(f): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

'You attract what you are'

Very true
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
hmmm
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
freshdude2:
How many of you and your friends do you think exist? Where are you based by the way? Outliers=exception to the norm.

Let's just say I am kinda finding it difficult to believe that my friends and I are that exceptional grin I have lived in UK since 1995 and I lived on council estates for the best part of the first 10 years.

bukatyne:

What gender equality nonsense?
If a husband feels the wife is not equal to him and decides she does not work or doesn't need to achieve anything all well and good.
And I think you have just ruined your thread with gender equality or inequality. Except if that was the destination of the thread in the first place
This is even on the front page. Nice thread while it lasts.

I honestly had to laugh at the bolded, let's just say I believe in gender equity as opposed to gender equality wink

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

Let's just say I am kinda finding it difficult to believe that my friends and I are that exceptional grin I have lived in UK since 1995 and I lived on council estates for the best part of the first 10 years.

Are you not Nigerian? We are still barbaric na. grin. You get my drift?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

It's always funny to me when women are quick to hate on gender equality. You can read and write, you can vote, you went to college to study things other than sewing, then you hate on gender equality??

You should thank women that spewed the "gender equality nonsense" in their days so that ungrateful people like you can come years later and call their struggle nonsense.

10 Likes 5 Shares

freshdude2:
Are you not Nigerian? We are still barbaric na. grin. You get my drift?

grin grin grin grin grin grin Yes I get your drift
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Gender Equality is for rational people not the tradomacho creeps inbred in Africa these days.. a few great thinkers and true pioneers of thought.. but the rest were bred and born steeped in a tradition that has lost its history and a culture no longer relevant in the times we are in. unfortunately i know of one of such men who lost his job and his wife had to dust her cv to get a job to hold the family together.. Now he blames her for not having his back while he was down.. rather choosing to break his morale by getting a job and paying the bills. These are the sort of Nigerian Men we have these days.. i mean in their millions. ever eager to pass-over a condom to nack and create more jujubes

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by taiwoflb: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Boko Haram: Nigerian Troops Fail in Battle to Reclaim Mubi, Leaving Lt. Colonel, Several Others Killed
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1236-boko-haram-nigerian-troops-fail-in-battle-to-reclaim-mubi-leaving-lt-colonel-several-others-killed
Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:

I mean in the west. But we're trying our best to catch up. In a way, I'm glad we still have many of the older generation in legislature. Do you know what would happen if my peers were law makers? It's a man's world in 3rd world countries because the women still need us to develop their society for them. The moment they think they don't need us, the war thickens.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Majority Of True Nigerian Men? by MadCow1: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijababe:
I am not a fan of stereotypes, so in general I often avoid people who like to use labels. That particular trait has and I believe will continue to serve me well.

I love black men; in fact I love Nigerian men kiss kiss kiss. When I was shipped to Britain at 18, I knew within a few years that nothing but a cocoa brown of the naija variety would cut it for me grin. Some of my friends were keen on white men because they wanted biracial kids and they supposedly make better husbands. I was having none of that, it had to be a nucca and a naija nucca for that matter, it didn’t matter if he descended from the east, west, south or sahel. All I wanted was a naija man with his usual special brand of swag and ‘toasting!’ grin Certain lines are particular to Nigerian men, I have not heard non-naija men use those lines grin

If I am interviewed today and asked what mould of men I consider Nigerian enough to be married to if I wasn't married to my true Naija hubby of course , my first answer would be King Sango of the old Oyo Empire, he may have been arrogated all sorts of mythical powers but any man who could marry women as strong as Oba, Osun and Oya was no weakling and certainly didn't need to demand respect from his wives. From contemporary times, I can only think of the Late Rev. Oludotun Kuti, husband of Mrs Olufunmilayo Kuti and father of Olikoye, Fela and Beko Kuti. Rev Kuti in particular is ultra-special because he made all his marks in education while his wife Mrs Kuti was all about politics, a mean feat for their times. The other man that comes to mind is Dr Ekpo, the husband of Margaret Ekpo; in fact the history of NCNC as a political party would not be complete if the names of these two women’s were omitted, what Mrs Kuti did in the West, Mrs Ekpo did in the East. Two strong Nigerian men married them and did not stop them from achieving dreams; the fear of their wives stealing their thunder apparently did not come into play.

The history of Babangida’s regime as terrible as it was will not be complete without mentioning Maryam’s mark. She is behind the creation of the ‘Office of the first lady’, maybe someone here can convince me that Babangida simply could not control his wife. We can't possibly have forgotten Stella and Turai so soon; strong women even if their strength was to our detriment. I have heard many oral accounts of the rifts between Awo and Akintola being largely fuelled by their wives, might have been hearsay but mama HID and late Mrs Faderera Akintola were no pushovers even if the office first lady was non existent.

The truth is that Nigerian women have always been strong and independent even if there are good and bad kinds. That some women are all about money is not new, many of our musicians sang about it, I remember the apt descriptions of some women as a kid as being 'Olorunsogo' women, but the men who coined the that term also described their opposites as 'Surulere' women.

Has the world changed so much that some of our men only want ‘yes’ women as wives? So much so that strong women can only be described as rude and disrespectful. I can’t think of anywhere else where Nigerian women in particular are bashed as they are here on NL. Some of these men need to start taking responsibility for their behaviour. You are what you attract after all.

So after drinking that big bottle of shekpe for your DP you dey find true Nigerian men.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Have Been Having Sex With Your Husbands: 15-Year-Old Girl Who Slept With 3 Men / Kidnappers Kill Woman As She Begs To Be Killed Instead Of Her Daughter-In-Law / Nairalander And His Family Travelling To The UK For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.